The priceless love [Not Edite...

By GraniaM

Oliver Miles, the CEO of the Miles corporation which he inherited from his father. He was engaged to someone... More

chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
chapter 34
chapter 35
NOTE
chapter 36
chapter 37
chapter 38
chapter 39
chapter 40
chapter 41
chapter 42
chapter 43
chapter 44
chapter 45
chapter 46
chapter 47
chapter 48
chapter 49
chapter 50
chapter 51
chapter 52
chapter 53
Epilogue

chapter 24

894 37 0
By GraniaM

"Distance isn't an issue because in the end, I have You".-lovequotes.com

I sent the last email to the clients I have been sending for the last three hours now. It's not a long list, but me being lazy taking small breaks in between. Oliver is in a conference meeting with Mark and other business men two floors above. He looked mad when he found Mark and me talking and laughing. I didn't say anything when he accused me of flirting with his employees. I didn't want to say something and regret it later.

"Hey! Wanna grab lunch?" I looked up to see who this voice belongs to. Mark leaned over my glass cubicle. I see Oliver stride into his office angrily. "They make delicious sandwiches two blocks down there."

I smile at the word sandwiches and I'm really hungry. I have to put something in my stomach. "Isn't he going to eat?"

I asked, pointing at Oliver's office. "We can grab something when we return." I frown that he is not taking care of his health. "Don't worry. It's not your fault that he's moody. He's always like this, something happened in the past that changed him which I don't know. Don't ask me what happened. Just smile and live without any worries."

I went to lunch with him, as he said the sandwiches are so delicious. We grab a sandwich and a drink for Oliver. We entered the building and I smiled at the receptionist and she smiled back. Then I realized I don't know her name, how stupid of me not asking her name. I looked at Mark looking at the receptionist girl with glint across his eyes. I looked at her and she was blushing red tomatoes. We entered the elevator and waited to reach our floor.

"What's her name? I forgot to ask her this morning." I asked him normally.

"Lily Kingstown." He said with an amused voice.

"And, you like her." I stated, raising my eyebrows demanding for answers.

"No, nothing like that." He denied. But blushed.

"I just pretend I believe you." I said, smirking. He opened his mouth to say something but stopped when elevator doors opened. We walked out and saw Oliver asking or I would like to say interrogating Nina, I don't know about what. He looked furious. He saw me coming and relaxed a bit and his expressions changed to cold and hard glare when he saw Mark behind me.

"Mark, in my office. Now." He said coldly and walked into his office without hearing his response.

"Why is he upset now?" Mark asked Nina who shrugged her shoulders. Mark said goodbye to me and followed Oliver.

"Oh boy! He's head over heels in love with you." Nina said and I blushed at her words. "I think I deserve a story."

I nodded and explained to her everything that Stella did. How she played a double game with us. Her mouth wide opened for the time I finished telling her. Now she is cursing Stella.

"Oh darling! I'm sorry. She's a witch, all she wants is money." She said and hugged me. We're apart and she asked; "If you guys made up then why is he ignoring you?"

"I did something, which made him mad at me." I said. I didn't look at her. "I have to go."

I got to my desk and sat in my chair. I didn't do anything wrong. All I just did was to save people I love. I said to myself. Mark came out after a few minutes with disappointment written all over his face. He looked up at me and smiled. He came towards my small cubicle.

"He shouted at me because I left for lunch without asking him. Do you think he loves me?" He asked, scratching his head. I didn't help but burst into laughing. He joined me.

"Maybe." I joked trying to control my laugh. "Maybe, you should ask him out one day."

For this he laughed even more. After that he went to his office and I remained in mine. Oliver tried to ignore me as much as he could. I didn't blame him, it's my fault that he's mad at me. But I know he still cares for me. We can't forget about our first love that easily.

I received a message from Raymond that he's going to pick up Mara. I informed guards to let them know and I warned them to be more careful.

I got into the elevator after I finished my work. It was normal, no heavy work. I walked to Lily when the elevator doors opened. She smiled when she saw me.

"Hi!" She said. "Maria, are you free this Friday we can go to the pub. We can get a chance to know each other."

"Sorry, I can't. How did you know my name? I don't remember giving it to you." I asked. She giggled like a small child.

"I have my sources." She said and shrugged her shoulders.

"Okay Lily, see you later." I said and she opened her mouth to say something but was cut off by two sets of heavy footsteps. Oliver and Mark are leaving now. Oliver was wearing a hard expression while Mark gave me a smile and winked at Lily. She blushed very hard. "Okay, bye."

Lily mumbled a bye back. I rushed to my car. My car is parked a few cars away from him. He is already in his car and Mark is standing by his door. He's saying something and Mark kept on nodding like a child to his mother. I got into my car waiting for him to leave. He looked my way, I immediately looked away and pretended to look for something. After a few seconds he started the car and drove away. I did the same waving a bye to Mark.

I followed him. It took more than forty five minutes to reach home because of traffic. Generally it will take less than thirty minutes when the roads are empty. What can we say about New York's traffic? I parked my car beside his and made my way into the house behind him.

"Mommy!" Mara came running into my arms when we entered the living room. I knelt down to reach her height. I kissed her and hugged her.

"How's school today, baby?" I asked her.

"Fun, Mommy." She said joyfully. Then she ran to Oliver and what she said next made me freeze and I think it was shocking for him too.

"Daddy!" She said and jumped into his arms. He caught her preventing her from falling. But he was still in shock. I got out of shock now.

"Baby, you shouldn't call him 'daddy'." I said softly not wanting to hurt her feelings. Why is she suddenly calling him 'daddy'?

"But, grandma said you are going to marry him so I can call him 'daddy'." She said looking disappointed.

"Grandma?" I asked.

"Yes dear, I told her to call him 'daddy'." Lucy said standing near the couch, when did she come?

"Mom?" Oliver said in a questioning tone.

"Baby, why don't you play in the garden." I said to Mara.

"No Mommy, I don't want to play alone. I want to play with daddy." She said looking at Oliver.

"I have a surprise for you tomorrow. Now go and play with your toys." I said. She agreed and went into the garden. I turned to Lucy who had a smirk on her face.

"Lucy, what do you think you're doing?" I asked, folding my arms against my chest.

"I haven't done anything." She paused and then continued. "But I have a lot of things to do. Plan your wedding, shop for both of your wedding dresses, wedding cake–" she was cut off by Oliver.

"I'm not going to marry her." He said.

"Why not?" She demanded.

"You don't have any idea about what she had done." Oliver said furiously.

"Okay, I don't know anything. Please, enlighten me." She said and he didn't open his mouth. "Maria?" She asked me, I looked at the floor, enabled to answer her question.

"Lucy, you can't force us to get married." I said.

"That's exactly what I'm doing, dear." She said and my mouth wide open. "Okay, coming to the point I will give both of you two months time. If you don't agree to get married by then" she turned to Oliver and continued. "Oliver, I'm going to take away the company from you."

I gasped slowly, did she threaten to take away the company from him.

"I don't f***ing care about the company." He said now glaring at me.

"First of all, language! I'm your mother here. And you don't care when I give it to your distant cousin Bob, right?" She said, smirking.

"Are you serious? You know he is a jerk." He said and Lucy shrugged her shoulders. Then she turned to me.

"And Maria if you don't agree, you know I have a right to take Mara from you. You won't see and talk to her rest of your life." I got stiffened by her words. It's like somebody poured a bucket of cold water in the middle of winter when you're naked. Raymond, who was a few feet away listening to our conversation came to join us. He stood beside Lucy, his expressions are not telling me anything.

"You can't do this to me." I said trying to control my emotions.

"I'm with mom in this." His words shattered my heart into pieces. Suddenly I feel like I'm alone in this world, my anger got best out of me.

"I would like you to try but I don't want to bring her into this mess." I snapped at him. "If I have to I will."

"Come on, you love each other. You deserve to be together. You're–" I raised my hand to stop him.

"Save it." I snapped and turned my back to them. I rushed to my room.

After an hour or so I heard knocking on my door. I got up and opened to see Julia standing by the door.

"Hey!" She greeted me with a smile.

"Hey, come in." I told her and opened the door wide. She came in and sat on the edge of the bed and told me to sit beside. I sat down and looked at her curiously.

"So....." She started and looked at me.

"What?" I said folding my legs and moving to the centre of the bed. She shifted herself comfortably.

"Don't you want to marry him?" She asked.

"Not when he was forced by his mother." I said.

"Okay, I understand." She said and looked at the floor. "Are you mad at Raymond?"

I narrowed my eyes at her. What kind of question is this? Of course I'm.

"You know he wants you to be happy."

"How can I be happy when he wants to take away my happiness." I said.

"He didn't mean to." She said looking into my eyes searching for something. "But you wanted to leave her four days back."

"That's different. I want her to be safe." I said.

"I don't understand." She looked confused.

"You don't have to."

"But..."

"Julia, just drop it." I said touching her hand. She smiled but confused.

"Okay, tell me I heard you're working for Oliver." She asked, raising an eyebrow. "Don't tell me. You're trying to win his heart again, right? It's going to be awesome, you and him spending a lot of time together. You are going to fall for each other again."

I blushed at her words. I opened my mouth to deny but stopped myself. She doesn't have to know the truth. She doesn't have to worry about us. I looked up when I heard the door knock. Raymond was standing with a tray with a lid upon it in his hands.

"What?" I snapped at him. He didn't say anything but come inside the room. He placed the tray in front of me and took off the lid. It looked mouth watering, sorry written on top of it.

"I'm sorry." He said and grabbed his ears in apology. I smiled, who can be mad when you get a chocolate cake as an apology. I hit Julia on her hand when she was about to touch my cake.

"Ouch, it looks so delicious." She said rubbing her hand.

"I think it's mine." I said pulling the cake to me. She pouted.

"Come on, baby. I'll make another one for you." He said cooing to Julia.

"I'll get my share, right?" I asked, they looked at me and three of us burst into laughing.

                                      *please vote and comment*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 42.1K 48
"Now since we are done with the introductions I have a question. Are you sure about this marriage?" I nodded "I am." He scoffed and leaned against th...
9.7K 558 35
Romeo Perry is a wealthy Billionaire, he wants for nothing... the world is at his feet and people bow down to him and asnwers his ever beck and call ...
1.2M 36.3K 50
I quickly turned away from him, to get the hell out of the room. But he caught my arm and pulled me back into his chest. Shit. Fuck. He buried his fa...
30.4K 1.1K 26
Aaron Anderson, a rich, successful and ruthless businessman. He is just 34 years old and have managed to build his own company from the ground up, A...