Living In The Greatest City I...

By philocalic

(COMPLETED) What happens when the entire Hamilton group is in the 21st century - and are in college? Stuck... More

Chapter 1: The Introductions Of A Potentially Hazardous Group
Chapter 2: The Envious Confessions of a Slightly Drunk Couple
Chapter 3: Maria Reynolds Protection Squad
Chapter 4: The Kid - I Mean, Turtle, Angel Schuyler-Laurens
Chapter 5: Girl Problems, Boy Problems, Wait, Ice Cream!
Chapter 6: Lessons about French and Smoking Sunflowers
Chapter 7: I Hate You, I Like You, No, It's Awkward Again
Chapter 8: TurtleBoi Passes Out
Chapter 9: Dates, Double Dates, Triple Dates, I Don't Know The Word...
Chapter 10: Close Your Mouth, I know I'm Beautiful
Chapter 11: That American Fizzy Magic
Chapter 12: The Angelic Angel Angelica
Chapter 13: Daddy Told Me Not To Have Relationships...?
Chapter 14: Petite Poisson, nagent/Small Fish, swim
Chapter 15: Take A Break (Or I'll Make You)
Chapter 16: Everyone Ships It
Chapter 17: Kitchen Duty - Doody
Chapter 18: Schuyler, Schuyler, Schu - well - Hamilton, Wait, Schuyler?
Chapter 19: Wait!
Chapter 20: This Is What We Call "A Bad Nurse"
Chapter 21: Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story
Chapter 22: Will You Throw Away Your Shot?
Chapter 23: Hurt
Chapter 24: Helplessly Helpless
Chapter 25: Thank You and A Small DEH Question!
Chapter 26: No One Deserves To Disappear
Chapter 27: What Happened In The Room
Chapter 28: Say No, Alex
Chapter 29: Congratulations, Hope You're Satisfied
Chapter 30: That's How You Know You Messed Up
Chapter 31: Him
Chapter 32: Let It Go
Chapter 33: The Fashion Major Strikes Again
Chapter 34: Just Fix It!
Chapter 35: I Mean, They Pop Out Randomly, Like Toasters
Chapter 36: How To Ditch A Wedding 101
Chapter 37: Now, This Is A Wedding
Chapter 38: Wait... What?
Chapter 39: Nobody Needs To Know
Chapter 40: Lady Issues
Chapter 41: The Baby Project Starts
Chapter 42: Beware Of The Fatal Pillows
Chapter 43: Schuyler → Hamilton, Peggy → ... Who?
Chapter 44: Your Hotness, Eliza: Making Things Worse Since 1757!
Chapter 45: This A-fork-able Group
Chapter 46: Love In The Air In The Greatest City In The World
Epilogue: The Crazy Kids Of New York
Epilogue 3: Here and Queer
Epilogue 4: The Mess I Call My Family
Other Stories!

Epilgoue 2: The Private And Intimate Life Of The House

568 14 48
By philocalic

12 years later

"Theo!" Angie whined. "Hurry up! You are gonna make me late for my first day of freshman year!"

Angelica pushed her short, off-shoulder length hair back and frantically looked through her backpack to check for everything.

"Honey, you'll be fine, my first day of freshman year was a breeze!" Theo pulled herself away from looking at Philip's texts. Her brown hair was tied up in a messy bun.

PipThePip: Theooooooooooo

Theo(dore Nott): Philippppppppp

PipThePip: I'm coming to your house, right now

Theo(dore Nott): I'm at Angie's tho

PipThePip: You mean my house?

Theo(dore Nott): ..... Right

PipThePip: Well I'm coming to Angies room rn

"Theo, stop flirting with my brother and let's goooooooooo!"

Philip walked in right when Angie said that. He smiled at them. "So what's this I hear about flirting?" He already looked like Alex, with his soft, brown hair and brown eyes as he constantly smirked at everyone.

"Pip, I've read your diary, there's no ship that escapes my eye," Angie winked at her mortified brother's face.

Philip spluttered in outrage and embarrassment. "ANGIE! IT WAS LOCKED!"

"MY DAUGHTER TOOK AFTER ME I'M SO HAPPY!" said a voice from downstairs.

"Color me stoked," Alex's voice was heard as well.

"MOM, STOP EMBARRASSING ME!" The siblings chorused.

Theo watched them sadly, putting a lock of hair behind her ear. Her dad, Aaron Burr, had repeatedly told her of her mom's brave sacrifice so that she was alive today. 

But it never made her feel better. How could her mom, who she never knew, sacrifice her life for her? It didn't make sense. And now she was forced to watch as her best friends and their moms.

"Of course, my sister-in-law here is also part of our ever-growing family," Angie rolled her eyes in reference to her three younger siblings.

The Hamiltons were a well-respected family much like Theo's own except, well, there were way more of them. Philip and Angie had three younger brothers, who were 9, 9, and 8. John and William, who were identical brown haired, blue eyed twins, were always screaming and making twenty messes at once. Connor, the youngest Hamilton was a relatively sweet, brownish- reddish haired, brown eyed boy. He was quite the surprise, especially after four other rowdy Hamilton children. Angie would never admit it, but he was her favorite, while Philip usually took the twins' sides in their petty fights.

"I'm so glad Theo's over all the time," Angie sighed, looking over at Theo. "I can't handle so many guys."

Philip smiled. "Me too."

Eliza, their mom, and Angie squealed at the same time. "SHIP!"

Philip sighed. "Let's ditch them, Theo."

Theo glanced at Angie, who was on the floor, eeeing and screaming 'ship'.

"Yeah, let's go."

The Schuyler-Lauren's Household

Angel Schuyler-Laurens was 12 years old, and in 8th grade, but she was already the most mature out of all of them. 

With long, straight black hair, tanned skin and twinkling pepper-black eyes, she always knew how to make people laugh.

And she had the biggest crush ever on James Madison Jefferson.

She had already ditched her brother in favor of walking with James to their middle school. 

James had dark blond hair, and green eyes, the only one, except his sister, with light hair in their entire extended family and friends. His hair, as usual, was messy, like he had just tumbled out of bed.

"James, I've been thinking," Angel started thoughtfully.

"Oh, that's never good," James joked, grinning at Angel's annoyed expression.

"We need to give you a nickname," Angel told him. "Jimmy? Jem?"

James expression abruptly became sad. "That was my... well, not my dad's nickname. Dad always called James Madison our dad, because he would've been if he stayed alive."

Angel became silent. She gently grabbed James' hand.

"I think James is good," she whispered, smiling as James' eyes became brighter.

They were early for school, so they sat outside on a bench.

"Hey, um," James started, looking nervously at their entwined hands.

"Yes?" Angel asked, absentmindedly.

"Well, I know we're young and all, but like, I can't ignore that everytime I look at you I feel, well, this is awkward, but yeah, I like you more than a friend? And I mean we don't have to like, kiss or anything, but I just, I dunno, I'd like to see how this goes when we're older."

Angel smiled widely, looking exactly like an angel.

"I've been waiting for you to do something like that!" 

James sighed. "Isn't it funny how we're one of the youngest in our extended family, but we're the ones brave enough to admit this?"

Angel scoffed, "I know, right! Like Pip and Theo, now there's a couple that needs to get together... "

"Ooh, and what about..."

They continued talking till the school bell rang.

The Schuyler-Lafayette household

Peggy was stressfully combing her oldest son's hair, frantically getting the tangles out. He had inherited Laf's messy black hair and Peggy's sweet black eyes.

"Pierre, take better care of your hair!" The boy looked down, not meeting his mother's eyes.

"Non, mon amour, I think his hair looks just fine," Laf winked at his son, who managed a smile.

Peggy gave her husband a death stare. "Don't encourage this, he's only eight!"

All of the talking woke up Pascal, the three year old. He started wailing loudly.

"Laf, get him the milk!" Peggy kissed her older son on the top of his head and sent him out to the block for the bus.

Pierre looked at the sight and sighed at his flustered mother who was struggling to pick up her son until his father was finally able to quiet him. He walked on, looking forward to meeting up with his fellow friends.

The Lewis-Mulligan Household

"Go wake up your dad," Maria told her youngest daughter, Fiona.

Fiona, or Fia as she liked to be called didn't move. "WE HAD A SPY ON THE INSIDE THAT'S RIGHT - " Fia called. Her ombre hair swayed as she threw her head back to scream at her dead.

"HERCULES MULLIGAN!" Herc ran down the stairs in glee. "I heard my name?"

Maria sighed fondly at him. "Maybe you could go do something, Herc? Like wake up Natasha - wait, she's already here."

"Mom, hurry, I'm gonna miss Pierre!" Natasha, the youngest, screamed from the breakfast table. Natasha's brown eyes were worried, and her hair, which was an ombre like Fia's, was in disarray from waking up late.

"Alright! Wait, I thought you were going to walk from now on!" Maria scolded her, wrapping a red scarf around Natasha's neck quickly.

"Well, I needed guidance from my beloved parents," Natasha blinked innocently.

Maria grinned. "So, Eliza's been teaching you some sucking up techniques?"

"Did it work?" The girl looked hopefully at her mother.

"Nope," Maria responded, popping the p.

Natasha groaned. "Bye Mom, Dad, Fia."

Pierre looked flustered as Natasha came closer. "YOU ARE GOING TO MAKE US LATE!"

Natasha sighed. "Bleh."

"You could've missed the bus!" Pierre rambled, his hazel eyes wide with panic.

"And I would've missed school! That's good." Natasha argued back, getting into the bus.

"Nat, I will never understand you," Pierre chuckled, boarding the bus.

The Jefferson household

"Patsy! Get your lunch!" Thomas called for his beautiful, bright, blue eyed, blond-haired daughter. James and Angel had left earlier and now Patsy and Jack were still getting ready. The two sets of best friends had had a sleepover the other night, and were looking about their rooms for everything. 

"Hey, Dad, can we, I dunno, skip school?" Patsy called with an animated voice.

Thomas yelled loudly. "Over my dead body."

Patsy groaned and went downstairs with a curly haired Jack in tow. 

Jack was a very good looking 16-year-old with bright green eyes and warm, brown hair. His glasses were black and sleek, though he barely wore them due to him getting contacts last year. 

Both the Schuyler-Laurens children were exceptionally beautiful out of the entire group of friends, everyone agreed as much. 

Whenever this was mentioned to their parents, the couple would laugh shyly ("It's due to my amazing genes," John had said, once with Angelica quick to slap him upside the head playfully).

Jack chuckled as Patsy tried to feed him a spoon of cereal.

Thomas' eyes narrowed. "Wait, I put two 16 year olds in the same room for a night, when I know both of them are mad for each other?" 

Patsy and Jack both blushed madly. "How do you kn - " Jack started to ask, until Patsy kicked him.

"Dad!" Patsy covered up, laughing awkwardly while throwing her neat ponytail backwards. "We're friends!"

Thomas' eyes narrowed further, if that was possible. "Okay, what's going on?"

"Nothing, bye!" Patsy grabbed her secret boyfriend's hand, and ran out the door, never to be seen again, at least until the end of school.

Thomas sighed. He stared at a photo of himself and James Madison, the only person he had ever truly loved, until he had adopted his kids. In the picture, they were both laughing hysterically, from a joke that Jemmy had told.

Thomas' eyes clouded over in sadness. His adopted children had helped fill a huge gap in his heart, that was true, but no one could replace Jemmy. He always felt bad about the kids not having a mother, and had often considered possibly marrying a girl.

But he was gay.

He couldn't do that to some random woman that he'd never love. He still shuddered when he thought of the time Angie had slapped him.

Yep, definitely not going to go for a repeat of that.

The Burr household

Aaron sighed as he moved all the paperwork from his work to a drawer. When Theo was gone, all he could really do was work.

Work, work.

Angelica! Maybe he could go see her. He knew that the entire group would welcome him with open arms. They had welcomed Thomas, and Thomas had tried to kill Alex.

He supposed that he related with Thomas a lot. They had both lost someone they'd cared about, and they had raised kids by themselves. But Thomas had had a choice with his kids.

Burr didn't.

He didn't want anyone to get him wrong; he loved Theo. She was amazing.

But it had always been that Theo gave her life for the baby. And Burr couldn't look at her without being reminded of Theo, especially now that she looked so much like her. And Theo was never around; she was always at Eliza's and Alex's place, no doubt because Philip was there.

But Eliza and Alex were more of a parent to her than Aaron was.

Burr groaned, his mind full of conflicting thoughts.

Maybe I could spend more time with her.

Maybe I could try being her dad.

Maybe -

Burr opened his drawer forcefully.

Time to work. 

YAY, more one-shots of the kids! 

Isn't our cast just beautiful? I have no idea if I already put them on, sooooooo

Hope you enjoyed!

- Angie, 'Liza

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.8K 2.1K 15
The adventures of Philip the Prostitute. Watch him evade his father's attempts to keep him "civilized", balance his social and family life, all while...
8.1K 310 12
There was a land that everyone can transform into animals but the difference is that when they return to there human form the ears and tails of there...
125K 6.9K 67
[Sequel to Different] Three months ago, a battle that would determine the fate of San Francisco was fought in the streets. Three months ago, the her...
15.3K 240 9
In this the whole kid cast are in high school! Its just easier that way! After Logan learns a game from his friends he decides to play it, lucky for...