My Devotion To You [Komahina...

By KittyAngora

How can love give us that warm, bubbly feeling? There are different versions or scenarios of how we meet our... More

Heavy Burdens Off Their Chests
Lovesick
I'm Sorry, But I Love You
Staggering Through Twilight Hours
Imprisoned Within Desire
An Idiot in Love
Relationships Are Complicated
The Haunted House
Knight in Shining Armor
Falling for You
For You, Anything
Love Nest
Love as Sweet as Honey
Complete and Utter Devotion

'Til Death Do Us Part

6.8K 218 958
By KittyAngora

"Oww!"

Nagito looked concerningly at Hajime, "But, I didn't move you that much this time."

"It still hurts though," Hajime mumbled into the pillow.

Nagito was gingerly stroking Hajime's hair before he heard the doorbell.

DING DONG

"I'll be right back, Hajime," Nagito kissed Hajime on the forehead.

A few seconds later...

"What the hell happened to you?"

Hajime nervously laughed, "Can't a guy just relax on his couch without being judged?"

"Hmm," Byakuya adjusted his glasses, "I doubt Nagito would have called us here to waste our time."

Hajime abruptly looked up Nagito, "Why would you call them here?"

Nagito gave him a small, sympathetic smile, "I thought you would want some moral support from our friends, Hajime."

"Ugh, send them away..."

"I'm sorry!" Mikan bowed her head, "They overheard our phone call. I should've been more discreet."

"Didn't you two say you wouldn't contact anyone for a week?" Fuyuhiko scoffed, "I hate being dragged out of bed this early."

Mahiru raised an eyebrow, "It's two in the afternoon. Were you planning on hibernating?"

"I was up late last night, okay?"

"Ibuki hasn't slept yet! And she's ready for the after party!" Ibuki bounced around the house.

Akane rubbed the bags under her eyes, "Would you stop that? I'm getting tired just looking at you."

"Alright, does someone want to explain what're we doing here?"

Mikan stammered, "T-that's patient confidentiality!"

"Patient?" Mahiru repeated and turned to Nagito, "What did he do now?"

Hajime groaned, "Why does everyone think I did something wrong?"

"Not even a day into our marriage and he throws out his back."

Souda held his stomach as he burst into laughter, "Haha, good one!" But Souda stopped laughing when he locked eyes with Nagito, "Wait... You're serious?"

"It's nothing major, I just pulled a muscle."

"Doing what?"

Earlier that day (12:27 am) ...

"And we're home!" Hajime pushed the front door open and dragged a tired Nagito inside.

"Home," Nagito repeated and smiled.

"Yeah," Hajime scratched his cheek, "I know it's just an empty house right now, but soon, it'll be our fully furnished place."

"Maybe we should wait until the movers come back," Nagito yawned, "I know a nice hotel nearby..."

"Come on!" Hajime shook a sleepy Nagito, "Where's your sense of adventure? We can camp out here."

Nagito sighed, "Hajime..."

"Ah! I know!" Hajime grabbed a pair of scissors and started to open a box, "Let's play a game!"

"Hajime..."

"First one to find the pillows and blankets wins the chance to go on a breakfast date with the handsome Hajime Hinata!"

"Hmm," Nagito put a finger to his chin, "Handsome?"

Hajime slightly tilted Nagito's chin, "It's not unusual for those around me to be charmed by my dazzling looks and vast knowledge in poetry..."

Nagito laughed, "Hajime, you're sure you aren't talking about your brother?"

"What?" Hajime threw an accusatory glare at his husband, "I read tons of poems on my free time when I'm not strolling through the park!"

Nagito pinched Hajime's cheek, "Hajime, you shouldn't be lying. The only poems you've ever read are rhyming ones."

Hajime tried to pry Nagito's fingers off, "They do count!"

Nagito continued, "...And the only time I've seen you go to the park is when I've had to drag you from the laptop."

"That's not true! I'm quite physically active for your information," Hajime huffed.

"Doing what?"

Hajime was about to retort when Nagito cut him off.

"And sex doesn't count," Nagito finally let go of Hajime.

Hajime rubbed his cheek, "Alright. So, I may not be poetic or active," Hajime winked at Nagito, "But, you've got to admit that I'm the handsomest man you've ever laid your eyes upon."

Nagito only gave Hajime a small, sympathetic smile.

"Hey," Hajime narrowed his eyes at Nagito, "What's with that face?"

"What face?"

"It's the face you make when you're about to tell a kid their puppy died," Hajime gasped, "There's someone you think who's better looking than me, isn't there?"

"I think you're very handsome, Hajime," Nagito kissed his right cheek.

Hajime looked away, "I'm not talking until you confess who it is."

Nagito pouted, "Don't be like that..."

       Hajime continued searching for the pillows and blankets. Nagito sighed as he put away a few kitchen essentials as he stumbled across the items. The restless silence continued between the newlyweds for another hour.

"If I tell you," Nagito closed the cabinets, "Do you promise not to overreact?"

Hajime grumbled, "Tsk, it's not like I'm five."

Nagito nervously leaned against the counter, "Well..."

"Spit it out," Hajime tore tape from a box.

"Y-you sort of know them and I wouldn't want to start problems..."

"Nagito," Hajime sighed, "Just tell me already."

Nagito blushed, "Y-you remember Yasuke, right? "

"Yasuke? Why does that name sound-?" Hajime's eyes widened, "Our doctor?! Why him of all people?"

"Calm down," Nagito sighed, "You always overreact and besides, he's married."

"So, you would marry him if he wasn't already taken!"

"That's not what I-"

"And why are you on a first name basis with him?"

"I've had him for a couple of years so-"

"We're switching doctors," Hajime grabbed a box as he headed upstairs.

"Hajime! What are you doing?" Nagito called out from the bottom of the stairs, "You really shouldn't be doing that! You could get hurt!"

"I bet Yasuke could do this with his eyes closed," Hajime went downstairs to grab another one.

Nagito put his hand on top of Hajime's, "Can't we just sit down and talk this out?"

"Nope," Hajime continued to carry various boxes, "Because in the time it'd take to talk to you, Yasuke could've saved hundreds of lives!"

"Hajime, you can be upset with me," Nagito pleaded, "But, please don't strain yourself."

End of Flashback

"Dude, you're like super ancient now!" Souda laughed.

"Did you really carry five of those boxes all by yourself?" Akane asked, "I'm actually impressed that you managed to handle even one."

Hajime mumbled something into the pillow.

"W-what?" Mikan asked, "I can't quite understand what you're saying when your face is pressed against the pillow like that."

"Oh!" Sonia clapped her hands together, "Is this what the Japanese refer to as pillow talk?"

Ibuki cupped a hand behind her ear, "Hajime says he's a lot stronger than he looks, and most certainly more than some guy name Yasuke."

Nagito frowned, "Hajime, are you still on that?"

No response came from Hajime, "Is he okay?"

"He could just be embarrassed, you know."

Nekomaru shouted, "This is why you must train in moderation, along with proper nutrition and stretching before doing any physical activity!"

Hiyoko sniggered, "I don't think he has the brain capacity to do that."

"U-um, Nagito?" Mikan nervously approached him.

"Yes, Mikan?"

She handed Nagito a list, "I-if you could obtain these items, I'm sure Hajime's recovery will speed up."

"Alright," Nagito waved at his unresponsive husband, "I'll be back."

Hajime quickly lifted his head from the pillow, "Hold on! You can't leave me here with them."

"Huh, why not?"

"Because they'll do bad things to me the moment you leave!"

"Nonsense, your friends will protect you from any harm that comes your way," Nagito waved at the group before leaving.

"Alright then," Hiyoko took out a marker, "let's draw on his face!"

"Hiyoko..."

"I'll only draw a little," Hiyoko pleaded.

Byakuya rolled his eyes, "This is why I hire servants for these kinds of tasks."

DING DONG

"I'll get it," Chiaki yawned.

"Hajime," a familiar voice curtly greeted him.

"Izuru? Why're you here?" Hajime asked.

"I was reading one of the books in my vast collection when it suddenly occurred to me," Izuru stepped into the house, "I forgot to give you your wedding gift yesterday."

"Really?" Hajime sat up excitedly despite Mikan's protests, "Can I have it?"

"Very well," Izuru presented Hajime with a long rectangular box wrapped in beautiful white and gold.

Hajime tore open the box, only to find...

"A cane?" Hajime glared at his twin, "The hell would you get me this?"

Izuru gave Hajime an amused smile, "Now, you can peacefully spend the rest of your final days without the strain of your back-"

Izuru dodged the swing aimed for his head, "Hajime, this is a cane, not a baseball bat," Izuru shook his head, "Old age must be interfering with your already dead brain cells."

"You little-" Hajime attempted to stand up only to stumble and lean on Gundham for support.

"My dear mortal friend, it looks as though time has passed us by. Why, I recall when we rode a dragon through the skies. You were so youthful back then..."

"It's called a rollercoaster," Hajime rubbed his temple, "And that was just a few days ago!"

Izuru coughed to get everyone's attention, "Due to my brother's deteriorating condition, it appears he will be placed under my supervision until Nagito returns."

"Ooh, nurse Izuru, might we see you in a mini skirt?" Teruteru smirked, "I wouldn't mind having your hands all over my insides..."

Izuru grimaced, "Only to castrate you."

Hiyoko gagged, "Why can't the pig take care of him?"

"I'm sorry!" Mikan bowed her head, "But, my shift starts very soon!"

"You have my gratitude for visiting my brother in his ailing condition," Izuru gestured to the door, "Now, please dismiss yourselves."

"Don't get your panties in a twist," Fuyuhiko rolled his eyes, "We're going."

The door closed seconds later, leaving Izuru and Hajime in utter silence.

"I do not understand why you were so hasty to lift the boxes yourself," Izuru sat down on the couch, "The movers were able to fully furnish your home in under an hour."

"Screw them. I could've done it all myself," Hajime grumbled.

"Stubbornness is one of your numerous flaws," Izuru said as he began to take off his shoes.

Hajime snorted, "It's an admirable trait."

"The fact that Nagito was willing to enter any serious relationship with you is admirable."

"Hey!" Hajime sat up and winced from the sudden jolt of pain.

"I do not believe even our own father has broken his back yet."

"Shut it," Hajime threw a pillow at Izuru's head, "Is this because of the last name thing?"

Izuru caught the pillow with ease, "If Nagito wishes to honor his deceased parents by choosing to keep his surname, I see no problem with that."

"Then, why are you acting like such a jerk?" Hajime paused and then added, "More so than usual."

"Do you remember what you requested of myself last week?"

"Dance lessons?" Hajime slowly asked.

Izuru nodded, "For the last few days, you have been repeatedly stepping on my feet."

Hajime rubbed the back of his neck, "Sorry, but at least I didn't step on Nagito's."

Izuru sighed, "You are quite a work in progress."

"You always have my back," Hajime smiled, "even if I don't want you to."

"Unfortunately, we share the same face," Izuru continued, "My reputation would plunge if I were to leave you to your own devices."

"I have no idea where I'd be without you," Hajime held his brother's hand, "You're the only reason I made it this far. From the bottom of my heart, thank you."

Izuru turned away from Hajime, "I apologize for the misunderstanding, but I am currently seeing someone at the moment."

"I mean it, dumbass. You supported me even after I came out," Hajime lightly punched Izuru's shoulder.

Izuru hummed, "No matter who you like, you will always be my idiotic, babbling brother."

"You know, I was really worried about what everyone would think," Hajime swung his legs back and forth, "And I was stressed out for nothing."

Izuru straightened his suit, "Mother did bake you that cake."

Hajime nodded, "And it was delicious."

"Do you even recall what our father told you?"

"I kind of forgot about everything after eating the cake," Hajime sheepishly replied, "Was it something about chocolate?"

"I will always love you for who you are," Izuru reminded him, "Please do find someplace in that brain of yours to retain that memory."

Izuru looked over at his sniffling brother, "What is the problem now?"

Hajime hugged Izuru, "You love me..."

"I do not recall-"

"You really said you loved me!" Hajime hugged Izuru even tighter.

"I did no such thing," Izuru struggled to escape his twin, "I was merely quoting our father," Izuru grimaced, "This suit was dry-cleaned this morning. Please refrain yourself from spreading your mucus all over it."

'Will this be the end of me?' Izuru thought, 'To be trapped in my inferior twin's arms and depart from this world in a ruined suit?'

"Izuru," Hajime tried to get his brother's attention, "Were you joking about seeing someone?"

"Was I?"

Hajime ran a hand through his hair, "That's what I'm asking you!"

"I wonder if I am," Izuru gave Hajime an amused smile.

"Fine, don't tell me," Hajime crossed his arms, "But, you better tell me if you actually are. You're pretty dense when it comes to romance."

Izuru rolled his eyes, "Emotions are for the weak."

"If you say so, but I know you love me."

"Continue to tell yourself that," he scoffed.

Hajime yelped, "Ow!"

Izuru sighed, "Have you forgotten about your injury?"

An hour and a half later...

        Nagito Komaeda cheerily walked home with large bags in tow. 'I hope Hajime will enjoy the biscuits I bought,' he thought.

         It was just his luck! The local grocery store had a massive sale going on. Nagito frowned as he stepped foot on the front porch, 'Is anyone still there besides him? I don't think I bought enough treats if everyone's still at home.'

       Home. What a funny thing to say. Nagito never really considered himself to have a home. Yes, he inherited the grand family mansion, but Nagito had never truly felt like he had a home. Well, that was until now... Hajime's presence shined through the bleak, grey walls and turned this house into one full of hope, love, and happiness. Nagito marveled at Hajime's ability to bring out the best in people.

'That's right,' Nagito confidently smiled, 'I shouldn't lose hope in a situation like this! I'm sure I can cook something up if everyone's still there!'

Nagito turned the doorknob and walked into the dining room, "Hajime! I'm home. What do you want for lunch? We have-"

Nagito was silent for a few moments, "Hajime, what're you doing?"

       The scene Nagito had walked onto was... confusing, to say the least. Hajime was currently leaning on top of a half naked Izuru on the couch.

"Um," Nagito had never encountered a situation quite like this one, "I can come back later, if you'd like."

"I-it's not what it looks like!" Hajime stammered, "There's a perfectly logical reason as to why I'm doing this."

5 minutes earlier...

"I was deeply troubled when you started dating Nagito," Izuru suddenly said.

"How so?" Hajime asked.

"I felt," Izuru averted his eyes from Hajime, "as though it would be an invasion of privacy."

"Huh? I don't get it," Hajime tilted his head in confusion.

Izuru's cheeks were slowly becoming a shade of pink, "Aside from our hairstyles and personalities, we are essentially identical."

Hajime raised an eyebrow, 'Just what is he being so cryptic about? I swear, sometimes Izuru can be pain in the-'

Oh.

Oh!

       That must be why his brother is blushing! Now that Hajime thought about it, he doesn't ever recall seeing his brother show any emotion relating to embarrassment or shame. Huh, so even Izuru has a soul.

"Y-you pervert!" Hajime pointed at Izuru, "How could you think of something so vile?"

Izuru's cheeks were getting pinker, "It is just a theory, nothing more."

Hajime got closer to his twin, "Now, you'd have to have been thinking about this for a long time before bringing something like this up."

Izuru's eyes narrowed, "I told you, it is just a speculation with no evidence."

"I-if you say it's a theory," Hajime tried to muster up some courage, "then take off your clothes!"

"Why would I remove my clothing?" Izuru took a step back.

Hajime took a step forward, "For research purposes!"

Izuru took another step forward, only to fall back on the couch, "I did not agree to such an experiment."

"Why should I believe a pervert like you?" Hajime yelled.

"You are quite the pervert yourself."

"And that's how I know you can't be trusted," Hajime held down a struggling Izuru, "Now, strip."

Present Time...

"Izuru," Nagito cautiously asked, "Are you alright?"

"Nagito, would you be so kind as to remove your husband from me?"

"Hajime..." Nagito warned.

"But-"

"Now," Hajime removed himself from his brother.

Nagito dusted off Izuru's shirt and jacket before handing them back to him.

"I'm so sorry about all this," Nagito bowed his head, "Hajime normally doesn't act this irrational."

"Hey, I'm not a kid!" Hajime yelled.

"Hajime, please be quiet," Nagito told him, "I'm trying to have a conversation with Izuru."

Izuru sighed as he began to redress himself, "There is no need to explain. I have had the displeasure of sharing my childhood and teenage years with him. I understand how difficult it can be to control someone like him."

"Is there anything I can do?" Nagito asked Izuru as he opened the door.

"If I were you, I would get a divorce and never look back," Izuru closed the door behind him.

Nagito sighed before turning to Hajime, "Do you care to explain why you were undressing your brother?"

"You're making it sound a lot worse than what it is," Hajime insisted.

"So, that wasn't what you were doing to him?"

"Well, that's what happened, but it was for a good reason," Hajime cleared his throat, "I was preserving Izuru's dignity."

"By stripping him?" Nagito skeptically asked.

"Yeah!" Hajime nodded, "That's exactly it!"

"Hajime..."

"Yeah?"

"I might really get those divorce papers if you don't start explaining yourself."

"That's what I've been trying to tell you!" Hajime made a frustrated noise, "Believe it or not, you haven't been faithful ever since our first time together."

"What? I've never once cheated on you!" Tears began to well up in Nagito's eyes, "I love you more than anything in the world! Whoever told you that is a horrible person!"

"Calm down," Hajime rubbed Nagito's back, "Don't get yourself so worked up."

"How can I calm down when the sanctity of our marriage is being questioned?" Nagito sat down on the couch and buried his head in his hands, "It hasn't even been a full day. I knew this was a bad idea, but I just wanted to be happy so bad and I forgot about my luck cycle..."

"You didn't mean it, not intentionally anyways," Hajime tried to console his husband.

"But, I didn't-"

"You didn't do anything."

Nagito bit the inside of his cheeks, "Then, why are you saying I did?"

"I kind of realized something today," Hajime toyed with a frayed string on his shirt, "Since I'm a twin, it makes sense that..."

"Hajime, what're you prattling on about?"

"S-since, Izuru is my twin," Hajime looked down at the floor, "you've technically seen him naked too."

Nagito grew flustered, "W-what?"

"That's why I had to take his clothes off, to really see if..." Hajime trailed off.

"I've never really thought about that," Nagito blushed as he told his husband, "But, there were better ways to confront Izuru on the matter."

"It was the only way to get a definitive answer," Hajime tried to change the subject, "And what were you talking about earlier?"

"I don't really remember," Nagito bit his lip, a trait that Hajime remembered that meant his husband was lying.

"Yes, you do," Hajime chastised him, "How many times have we been over this, Nagito?"

Nagito rubbed his arm, "A lot."

"Yes, a lot. And what do I tell you every time?"

"That I deserve have happiness, too," Nagito sighed, "Hajime, you know my luck cycle. It would've been better if you stayed away from me."

Hajime huffed, "I'm staying with you whether you like it or not. In sickness and in health, remember?"

"I remember," Nagito shyly rubbed his arm.

"So, let's enjoy the rest of our lives together."

Nagito smiled, "Alright. And Hajime?"

"Yeah?"

"Let's get a new doctor."

"Look, I'm sorry about overreacting earlier," Hajime sighed, "But, your health should always come first before anything else. Besides, I trust you more than anyone else in the world."

"Really?"

"Really, and it's not like I haven't had a crush on someone besides you either."

Nagito scooted over to Hajime, "Who was it?"

Hajime raised an eyebrow, "Why should I tell you?"

"I told you mine."

"Yeah," Hajime admitted, "I guess that's true. But, you can't laugh if I tell you."

"I'll try my best," Nagito promised.

"You can't laugh. Remember that."

"I won't. I promise, Hajime."

Hajime took a deep breath, "It kind of was my high school principal."

"You don't mean-?"

Hajime covered Nagito's mouth, "Shush, someone might overhear you."

Nagito removed Hajime's hand, "Headmaster Kirigiri?!"

"Quiet!" Hajime hissed.

"I had no idea that was your type, Hajime," Nagito said bewildered.

"It wasn't like that!" Hajime blushed, "I just thought he was cool and all..."

Nagito hummed, "You ought to hope Makoto's girlfriend doesn't find out about this."

"You promised to keep it a secret!"

Nagito wagged his finger, "I only promised not to laugh."

"Please..." Hajime begged.

"Only if Monokuma can stay with us," Nagito referred to their fuzzy companion that sat on the windowsill.

"You know, that cursed thing's is probably the reason for your whole luck cycle," Hajime informed him.

Nagito frowned, "You shouldn't blame others for things they're not responsible for."

"Think about it," Hajime pointed at the black and white bear, "Nothing related to luck, good or bad, happened to you before I won that bear from that blonde chick at the carnival."

Hajime grabbed the stuffed animal by its neck, "So, let's get rid of it and your luck cycle."

"Ah!" Nagito recused the poor bear from Hajime's clutches, "Don't do that. He needs a home."

"He'll make some new friends in the trash can."

Nagito gasped, "Hajime! How can you be so cruel?"

"It's a toy, Nagito," Hajime pointed out, "If you want a pet, we can get a puppy."

"T-that's not it!" Nagito cradled the plush bear, "He's more than a bear to me..."

Hajime groaned, "Don't tell me you're in love with it..."

"He's my hope!"

"A stuffed bear is your hope? Geez, you really do need that doctor."

Nagito started to sniffle and buried his face in the bear's fur, "Monokuma isn't just a toy to me. You promised me when you gave him to me that we'd be together forever..."

"He's our omen, huh?" Hajime sighed as he accepted his defeat, "Fine, I guess you can keep the bear."

"And?" Nagito asked through the bear.

Hajime rubbed his arm, "I'm sorry."

Nagito lifted the bear from his face, "Not to me."

"Come on! I apologized already!" Hajime stomped his foot, "Why do I have to say it to this thing?"

"I'll tell Kyoko what you said about her father," he threatened.

"Fine," Hajime reluctantly faced the smiling bear, "I'm sorry for threatening to throw you out..."

Nagito smiled triumphantly and played with the plush bear. Hajime closed his eyes as he fell back onto the couch, watching his husband play with Monokuma on the floor, 'And that creepy bear stays for yet another day...'

"Hajime."

"Yes?"

"Do you think we could bring Monokuma to-?" Nagito tried.

"No."

All was silent in the house until Nagito spoke again, "Do you like Izuru?"

"I guess..." Hajime trailed off.

"Wait, is this about what happened earlier?"

Nagito nodded, "Do you like him?"

"Not like that!" Hajime yelled, "I told you, it was a misunderstanding."

Nagito happily sighed, "That's a relief. I was afraid you'd go for him, since he's your type."

"He's not!"

Nagito put a finger to his chin, "He's mature, sophisticated, technically older than you, and not to mention how much you admire your own looks..."

Hajime sighed, "You know what? Let's stop worrying about other people. We're married already, aren't we?"

"Well, that's true..."

Hajime smiled as he wrapped his arms around his husband, "So, let's enjoy ourselves on our honeymoon."

Nagito laughed, "The ship to Jabberwock Island doesn't start off until tomorrow, Hajime. Technically, it hasn't even started yet."

"Screw technicality," Hajime mumbled into Nagito's shirt.

Nagito smiled, "There's the Hajime I know and love."

"Yeah, 'til death do us part."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

115K 4.2K 31
"I treasure every single moment I have you, because I wouldn't have wanted to live a life where I never knew you. I'll always be by your side when yo...
128K 4.2K 20
Nagito Komaeda was a seemingly normal teenage boy,but in reality he was the farthest thing from normal. He attends the infamous school, Hopes Peak Ac...
401K 11.6K 33
‼️WARNING‼️Before you read, this is a story about stalking, it's kinda messed up and there's a thin border between consent and it's lack throughout t...
6.7K 152 8
Hajime Hinata is a hard working actress. She has been through hell making her way to the top. Doing everything she can to earn money for her family a...