The Next to be Taken

By DezWeasel767

Ever wondered why some people are afraid of midnight or always portrays it as a bad time of night? It's for... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Tweleve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty- six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty- Eight
Chapter Twenty- Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty- Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty

Chapter Thirty-Nine

365 13 19
By DezWeasel767

Sitting, waiting, waiting for something to happen. I listened to every sound, hearing people talking and the movement of objects like boxes/bags of food being moved around. I could hear children whining for their parents to buy them some type of food or candy. Nothing was really going on at that moment, it was a little bit more boring than I was expecting. I just wanted out and to actually walk, but I know Dash wouldn't let me, there's too many people here.

I can sort of understand I guess, if I was let out around all these people, anything can happen. I could be killed, taken... again..
But this time they might not be so nice and gentle.. My mind started to doze off, I thought about before. When I was twelve, and I initially met the brothers..

It was the next day, after the night I had seen a freaking giant roaming the city. The sun was getting close to setting, but it wasn't exactly curfew for everyone to go home yet. There was still a few people out. I had already walked out of the only home I had, turning back and looking up at the tall building behind me. Orphanage in big letter written across the building, the words a little faded but still readable.

I continued on my way, the orphanage getting farther and farther away from me and out of sight. I wasn't planning on coming back. My new problem was, I didn't know where I was going, what was I gonna do? Where could I hide? I know I didn't make him up, I knew he was real. I kept walking and walking, watching my feet. Until I looked up, finding myself at the Forrest woodline. I looked up at the trees that towards over me. Maybe I can find shelter there? It looks like it would be hard for them to get in or even move easily.

Before I could take another step forward, I felt something grab my hair and yank me back.
"Whatcha doin, Mavis?"

They still had a grip on my hair, preventing me from moving anymore.
I could barely look at who was holding me back, but I didn't need to, I knew who it was. Ryan..

"About to go off into the Forrest? You know some people go in there and doesn't come back out. You'll get lost in there, now where would that leave us without our plaything?" He let go of my hair, I threw my hand back to touch the back of my hair, my head feeling sore. I spun around to face them, only finding two of them instead of the whole crew like normal.

"It's none of your business, don't you guys ever leave me alone?" I glared.

"No, only when were not bored or if we have time to say hi. Sadly, we can't hang today, we already got something planned." He started to walk up to me, uncomfortably close. I took steps back when he took steps to me. "I'll have to go and I'll see you later." He shoved me back, making me lose balance and fall backwards onto my butt.

"I might be able to see you tomorrow though, if our schedules aren't full. I'll see you soon, Mavis." They both ran off, back towards the city.

I puffed out my cheeks, pushing myself back onto my feet. Maybe if I can find a good spot in the woods, they won't find me again. I watched as they ran off, brushing the dirt off my pants. I turned back, entering the woods. Looking around my surroundings, tall, thin trees, some pretty big rocks, and the sun rays shinning through the trees. Maybe this will be a good spot, now I just have to find shelter.. A loud snap got my attention. Frightening me to the point I couldn't move my feet anymore, my heart pounded against my chest, I glanced around my surroundings, hoping I was just being paranoid.

I was spotting random shadows around the Forrest, shadows that could be seen in the corner of my eye but by the time I look at it, there's nothing there. I was finally able to tell my legs to move, taking steps back. I felt my back hit the huge rock, the rocks were so big, stacked on top of each other, offering a little space underneath it.

I heard another snap, my head whipped the way I had heard it, trying to catch sight of the thing that was causing the sounds. Nothing, but this time I heard footsteps, heavy, footsteps. Like it was walking around the rock I was pressed against. I sunk down onto the ground, almost like I would disappear all together. The clouds blocked some of the bright sun out, dimming the Forrest, the thing made itself known. The same thing I have seen back at the orphanage, came from behind the huge rock, coming in front of me.

I gasped, jumping back and about hitting my head onto the rock in the process. I back pedaled away, pushing myself under the rock like it would protect me from whatever this creature's intentions was.

Concern immediately filled his eyes as he lowered onto his knees, holding his hands up like he was trying to calm me. "It's okay, it's okay. I'm not going to hurt you."

My breathing was heavy, my chest rose and fell. I looked this giant up and down, unsure of what to do.

"You're safe, I promise." He assured.

"Do you realize how big the risk is by coming here before curfew?" Another giant appeared behind him, sounding a little annoyed or concerned, I wasn't too sure but there was another one?!

The main giant that was speaking to me, tore his eyes away from me to the one behind him. "I know, but I have never had a child see me and doesn't come with us on the spot. I didn't intend to leave her here this long."

Wait, what is he talking about? Come with them? I didn't like the sound of it or the thought of what was going to happen.

The main giant that showed the most interest in me, faced me once again.
"My name, is Dash," he placed a hand onto his chest to introduce himself.
He reached up, grabbing the other giant by the upper arm and pulled him downwards a little. "This is my brother Kent." He let go of him. "Mavis, was it?" He pointed to me. How'd he know my name? Maybe he overheard those boys, that's the only explanation.
"We won't hurt you, I promise. I know you're possibly freaked out but just let me explain."

He continued to explain everything, there was another world, people aren't suppose to know about them, and something about when people see giants, they get taken away. I remained under the rock, not even showing signs or wanting to come out. I would assume they were sort of on a time limit since the gia- ..Dash was seemingly trying to explain everything to me or answer any questions I might have quickly.

By the time he was done, right on time, I heard talking. From the entrance of the Forrest, I couldn't see since the bolder blocked my view. Both, Dash and Kent's heads shot up.

"We need to go now." Kent backed up.

Dash turned his attention back to me.
"Now I know we just formally met but I need you to come with me, we will help you." Dash began to hold his hand out, which made me push myself more under the rock, making it pretty uncomfortable.

"Dash, we don't have time. Just grab her-"
Kent began to march up to us, almost making my heart stop beating from the sudden motion.

Dash threw his arm out. "I can't do that. You'll only frighten her more." 

The talking got louder and closer. Kent had worry written on his face.

"Well we need to go now, we will try this later." Kent pulled Dash up, pulling him away from me. Dash kept his eyes on me for a split second until he complied with his brother to follow him. Some trees broke from their departure, they left, out of sight. I sat, wedged under the rock, frozen and eyes wide. It was a little bit of time until I could finally get myself to move, pulling myself out of my little hole, I stood onto my shaking legs. Looking behind me to see kids, teens walking by, talking to each other. Just near the Forrest.

"What would you two want?" 

The voice brought me out of the past and back to the present, I opened my eyes, looking around the dark, red thing I was sitting in. I looked across from me, Riley had fallen asleep. I brought myself up to my feet, trying to bring myself back to the opening of the pocket.

I poked my head out, Dash glanced down to me then back ahead to the shelves in front of him. I caught sight of his eyes keeping track of what was around him to be sure no one would see.
"What is Riley doing?" He kept his voice low, probably so he didn't look like he was crazy or talking to himself.

"He's asleep."

Dash gave a slight nod of the head. "Then is there something you would want?" He kept his eyes on the shelves of food in front of him.

"I don't know, wouldn't this stuff be too big or.."

"It's not the first time I would have to try to bring something down to your size." He picked up a box of some type of food which I couldn't see, but he sat it back down.

I glanced around to the options that were in front of me, there was probably more but I didn't want to be a hassle, as long as they had food, I'm good.

"No, I'm okay." I sunk back down into his pocket, sitting back down into my spot.

"Are you sure?" He asked, giving me another chance to pick something.

"Yeah, I'm good." I mumbled.

"Alright then, I'm almost done. We will be leaving here shortly." I could hear Dash tell us, well, more me quietly.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

280K 5.9K 33
WATTPAD BOOKS EDITION You do magic once, and it sticks to you like glitter glue... When Johnny and his best friend, Alison, pass their summer holid...