Never Looking Back ✔

By serial-chiller

Completed. More

Hey
story aesthetics
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
THANK YOU
Epilogue

Chapter 7

66.8K 2.2K 160
By serial-chiller

Chapter 7

Enjoy the chapter.

Emily's POV

I woke up with a big headache. Agh. I groaned. My head is spinning. I opened my eyes and was greeted by an unknown room. What the hell? Where am I?

I looked down and thank God I was wearing clothes. But wait. These clothes are not mine. I started freaking out. I jumped out of the bed hurriedly. God where am I? Did I lost it? Shit. No. I went out of the room and looked around. Seems familiar! Oh. Haha. I am in cheryl's house. I sighed feeling relieved.

I then went downstairs and was greeted by the beautiful aroma of coffee. My only love in this world.

I went in the kitchen and saw cheryl working.

"You are finally up". She said as she started plating the table.

I sat on the table with my head in my hands.

"Here". She said as she gave me a glass of water and an asprin.

"Thank you cheryl. You are an angel". I said as I took them from her hands.

"I know". She said with an amused smile.

I sat there waiting for her to give me breakfast. After five minutes my breakfast was placed in front of me. I digged in and ate it in less then five minutes, damn. I was hugry.

I then poured myself a cup of coffee.

Cheryl got up and started washing dishes like an angel in disguise she is.

Emily at least you should have done the dishes. I don't feel like but I should at least ask to help even though I know her answer.

"Cheryl, I would do it just drink your coffee". I said to appear a bit nice.

"No. No. I'll do it". She turned and said as she smiled at me.

Thank God, I thought smugly.

After cheryl was done she came and sat with me.

"So how I ended up here?" I asked.

"I and noah left you. We don't know what happened after that but when we came back searching for you. We saw you dancing and you were so drunk. We didn't know your address, so this is how you ended up here". She told the whole story.

"Oh yeah. Uh-and by the way thanks. I don't know what would have happened if you would not have bought me here". I said smiling gratefully at her.

"It was nothing. Oh and by the way why were you so drunk missy? I didn't really took you as the club type".

"There was a crazy girl, I forgot her name and she triggered me to do the shots and the last thing I remember is me taking shots. I don't really remember what happened after that!". I said.

She just nodded.

Then I went to her room and picked up my phone and my clothes to go back.

"Cheryl now I have to go. I will give you your these clothes back. And thanks for the breakfast. You are an angel.". I said as I quickly pulled her into a hug.

"Stop calling me an angel otherwise I'll start believing that I really am one!". I just giggled in response.

I got out of her apartment and went into the cab. These cabs, ugh. My money is always spent on this. I even wonder if I can even pay the hotel's bill.

Shit. I had to meet with the apartment's owner today.

I called the lady and asked if I should come to the place she had to show and she yes. She will reach there in a few minutes.

I told driver the address.

After ten minutes we reached the building. Wow the building is nice.

I reached the apartment number 23 as she told. I saw that the door was opened so I went in and saw a lady which I am thinking is the owner of this place.

"Hi". I said with a polite simle.

"Hey. You are the young lady that wanted to rent this apartment, I presume?". She said with an elderly smile. She seems nice.

"Yeah".

She showed me the apartment and it was more than good for me. It had one room with a washroom attached, a kitchen and a living room. It was furnished. Overall it was great.

And the old lady wasn't asking for much rent. I think she guessed about my financial situation.

I am very happy that I got a nice apartment with little rent.

There are still good people in this world. I thought happily.

I returned to my hotel feeling happy. I started packing my things. Because tommorow, I am going to shift into my apartment. Mrs. Kavanaugh said that I can pay at the end of the month. I can't thank her enough.

When I was done. I laid on my bed.

Did he search for me when I left that city?

He obviously would have done that. I know he would have gone crazy when he didn't saw me in that house.

I am happy that I left. I am happy here. My life has become better. So much better. I got a job. I made friends and tommorow I'll shift into my apartment.

Everything will be fine.

*~*~*

The next week passed by in a blur. I was extremely busy with shifting and with office work. Mr. Clifford wasn't here so all the work was on me. He called me to run some 'errands' for him. Which I did.

Finally its sunday. I laid on my bed and started looking at the ceileing.

I am so tired. I mean I am not right now. But I was. I did so much work this week.

According to Mr. Clifford he said that he'll come back tommorow. I hope it is true. Not that I missed him or anything. Its just that I have to work more when Mr. Clifford is not around.

I wonder what he was doing right now. Why am I thinking about that bastard. Emily stop calling jim names. He is your boss. He has not done any damage. Just little insults.

Right. He is nice well not exactly nice but okay. There are other people who I should be calling names. Not him.

I checked the time and saw that its 8:00 pm. Damn. I spent my whole day in bed! If it is not heaven then tell me what it is?!

But now I have got bored. I went out of my room and looked around. This apartment is nice. I am feeling so independant now.

I went to kitchen to find myself something to eat. Uh I don't feel like making something. I am too lazy for it. So, I settled on instant noodles. Ah. Instant noodles are my favourite. Who doesn't like them anyways?

I sat on living room. This is so boring. This house is so boring. I opened the tv and saw some cliche movie playing. So I made myself comfortable on the couch and started watching the movie.

After a little while I got bored. Why the plot of this movie is so boring. Ugh. Can't they play a nice movie on tv for once.

I didn't know what to do so I thought to go to sleep.

I hurriedly popped some pills into my mouth before laying on my bed.

*~*~*

I went straight to my office as I was doing this from the past week.

I was working on my laptop when I got a message from noah saying that Mr. Clifford is back.

I went to his office and knocked.

"Come in".

I came in and saw him working. God. You just came last night and now you are working again. Take rest, dude.

Its not like he is going to listen to me and its not like I am going to say this to him.

"Are you gonna stand here all day without saying anything". He said as he finally looked up.

"Uh. Good morning sir". I said with a smile on my face. When he heard my greeting he looked down and started working again. Rude.

"Sir do you want me to get you coffee?". I asked, what a stupid question emily. He obviously needs.

"No. Anything important happened here when I was away?" He asked. Yeah the office was much more fun. I wanted to say but stopped myself because I don't want to get myself fired in less than a month.

"No sir. Just some mails and we got an offer from that enterprises".

"Okay. Is there any meeting today?". He asked still working.

"Yeah. You have a meeting with the landons at 11:00".

"Prepare the conference room for that". I nodded.

"You can go now. Oh wait, and work on these papers after that". He said handing me a pile of papers.

I took them from him and went out of his office. Now I have go prepare the conference room. Ugh.

*~*~*

Such a boring meeting. Why did I had to be his assistant. Why can't I work like an employee here. Then I wouldn't had to be stuck in this boring meeting. It would have been much easier.

And I had to take notes of what seems important. Means double ugh.

After what seems like forever the meeting ended. Thank god.

Everyone started getting out of the room. Mr. Clifford was sitting looking at the files. I saw Mr. Landon looking at me.

I picked up all my things feeling happy that the meeting finally has ended.

I saw Mr. Landon still looking at me. Whats up with him?

"You are Mr. Clifford's assistant, right?". He said with a smile on his handsome.

"Yeah". I replied confused.

"May I know your name?". He said with a charming smile again.

"Emily Collins".

"Beautiful name for a beautiful girl". He said with a flirty smile. Seriously! Dude.

I didn't know how to respond so I just smiled instead.

"This is my card. You can call me, maybe we can go to coffee". He said handing me his company card. God. Why did you ask me ugh. For god sake my boss is in front of me. What would he think? Well, its not like I care about what he thinks but still.

"Sure". I said with a friendly smile even though I was puking inside. What a flirt.

Slowly he went away. I sighed in relief.

I looked at Mr. Clifford and saw him looking at me with an unreadable look on his face. Whats up with him? Well. Who cares?

I opened the door of the conference room when Mr. Clifford called me. Ugh. What now?

"Ms. Collins".

"Yes sir". I said from where I was standing. He didn't reply so I went towards him.

"Ms. Collins. I just wanted to say that I don't pay you for flirting".

What? Flirting? Did I flirt with him. God. I didn't flirt with him. Maybe when I smiled at him he thought that I was trying to flirt with him ugh.

"Flirting?". I asked still trying to figure out what he was saying.

"Yes. You were flirting with my board meeters, Mr. Landon". He said in a calm tone. What the....

He, this man in front of me is crazy.

"Sir. I wasn't flirting with him".

"Yes. You were". What the hell. I feel like beating the shit out of this man.

"Sir, I wasn't". I said in a somewhat polite tone.

"Yes you were. And please refrain that from now. I don't want my secretaries sleeping with my clients". What the fuck.

"He was flirting and I was just smiling friendly not everyone can wear a frown always like you. Bastard". I said as I stormed out of the conference room.

I went straight to my office panting. Gosh. Whats up with that man? And what if I was flirting? Its none of his bussiness.

He fucking thought that I would sleep with that landon. Gosh.

And emily why the hell did you said that. I wonder if I am fired or not. Ugh. I should not have done that. Control that temper and toungue of yours emily. I ran my hands through my face.

I should start working maybe I am not fired.

I started working and worked till I saw that its almost my lunch time. Every single second I was expecting someone to come and tell me that I am fired.

But gladly that didn't happen. I guess I am working. And by the way why would he fire me? All I did was insulted him a little. Shit, that doesn't sound good.

I am just getting paranoid I think. I should go and eat. Food is the solution to everything.

I met noah and cheryl at our usual spot.

"So anything interesting happened?". Noah asked while biting his food.

"Nothing interesting. I just insulted Mr. Clifford and stormed out of the conference room and lets not forget that I banged the door on my way. Just this nothing more".

"What!". Shouted noah.

"What!? Holy shit". Cheryl shouted.

"You aren't kidding!? What happened?" She siad.

"Our board meeters, mr. Landon was flirting with me and I was just smiling cuz I didn't know how to get out of that awkward situation and Mr. Clifford being Mr. Clifford said that I was flirting with him, I denied but he was still saying the same thing again and I got angered and said that not everyone can always frowning like you and that he is a bastard". I said as I huffed.

"Gosh, you go girl!!". Cheryl said.

"Oh my god. Emily. You just fulfiled my wish. I always wanted to say this to him". Noah said.

Both of them are grinning at me. I started to feel a little proud of what I did till cheryl said.

"Wait. It was great and I am proud of you for what you did but what if he will fire you?". My mood spoiled again.

"Yeah. He once fired an employee because he accidently slipped water on him". Noah said.

"You people are scaring me". I said as I pouted.

"Don't worry. I think be would have fired at the spot if he wanted". Noah said to give me a little hope.

"But I stormed out of the room after I said that shit".

"I think he would have sent someone to tell you that you were fired. That didn't happen so I think you are safe". Cheryl said.

"Yeahhh. I think we should celebrate it!! Emily didn't get fired!!!". Noah exclaimed happily.

I chuckled at noah's excitement.

"Yeah. I think I am safe". I said as I grinned.

"You obviously are". Cheryl said as she smiled.

"Aw. I am so happy that my boo is not fired. Who would I share my nice jokes with if not you". Noah said as he hugged me. I laughed. They are so great. I am so happy.

"Congratulations". Cheryl said as she hugged me.

"Guyss!!! I am not pregnant". I laughed.

They laughed and that is how we spent the rest of our lunch.

I was again in my office working when I got many notifications from laptop. I saw that they are from mr. Clifford. He forwarded me and is telling me to reply to them.

Means. I am not fired.

Confirmed.

******

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

256K 11.3K 32
𝘚𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘪𝘤𝘦, 𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘧𝘪𝘳𝘦. 𝘚𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦, 𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘸𝘢𝘳. 𝘚𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘴𝘸𝘦𝘦𝘵, 𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘳𝘶𝘥𝘦. 𝘚𝘩𝘦 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘴 𝘵...
11.6K 473 18
𝘼 𝙘𝙡𝙖𝙨𝙨𝙞𝙘 𝙢𝙖𝙛𝙞𝙖 𝙤𝙗𝙨𝙚𝙨𝙨𝙞𝙤𝙣 𝙨𝙩𝙤𝙧𝙮.
13.4K 416 35
Just two lovestruck teens , but what's after P.s- no pictures used are mine own, no characters are real....only for fun☺️
877 5 6
𝐑𝐡é𝐚 𝐙𝐞𝐩𝐡𝐲𝐫 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐩𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐧𝐟𝐥𝐮𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐚𝐥 𝐰𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝, 𝐤𝐧𝐨...