Double life

By axellesmet

Everyone has three lives, a public life, a private life and a secret life. Skylar Callaway has taken this qu... More

Double Life
Profiles
READ
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Sorry.
CONTEST !!!
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
MY LORD
I think I'm dying
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
...รถ
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter : 14
Chapter : 15
Chapter :16
I'm really sorry :(
Problem
CHAPTER 17
chapter : 18
Chapter : 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
Chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
attention !
SHORT INTERMEZZO
Chapter 26, finally !
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
chapter 29
Chapter 30 f*ck yeah
Chapter 31 XL
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
the end

Chapter 9

20.9K 664 262
By axellesmet

© axellesmet 2014

All rights including those in copyright in the content of this story are owned by axellesmet. It's illegal to steal and/or copy

_______________________________________________________________________

recap

Is this enough proof to myself to think that it's the same girl? and if she is why is she doing it? Why is she hiding...Shy and nerdy fits her, but hot and badass too. Why would she hide her body under those baggy nerdy clothes?

That HOT body ...

My mind was in overdrive, I have to get to the bottom of this ...

end of recap

' Dude, snap out of it ! ' Jason flicked my nose.

' W-what? ' I was pretty deep in thought , like I was out of this word. Into a world full of Callaway.. That girl is something...

' I asked you something? What has you, Connor fucking Black, so into it? ' He chuckled. Jason was my best friend and knew everything about me and I about him. I trusted him the most, I'd give him my life to hold and trust not to let it go. And it might sound girly, but we tell each other everything. Everything. He probably already knew what was on my mind but just wanted to be an ass.

' Nothing ..' Why am I even bothering to try and hide it? He knows it's Callaway.

' Is it now ? ... Hmm does this "nothing " start by any chance with a" C "and ends in "allaway" ? ' Do I have to repeat myself? I think not.

' What were you asking me before ? ' He knew I was changing topics but probably didn't care enough because he just let it slide.

' Oh I was asking if you wanted to go to this fight with me tonight? ' A fight? He never asks me to go with him... I do want to go there though.

' Sure, who's fighting? ' I recall him knowing a gang in town. Something about "the best gang ever known" ? His words, not mine. He sometimes went to a fight but not that much as football takes most of our time so he only goes if it's an important one.

' Ah, my brother, my dear friend, this isn't a fight this is THE fight, the supreme, the reason the sun came up today ! ' This guy is really a child by heart, I love him any way. Just don't tell him I said that.

' Care to elaborate? ' I don't really know a lot about the fighting, gang world.

' The two best fighters in town are battling for the title... Did I ever tell you about the gang I know? ' He didn't really gave me the time to answer as he continued talking ' I'll tell you again , so this gang consists of 4 guys and 1 girl, the awesome thing is that she's this badass chick and the leader of the fricking gang. The guys have so much respect for her, they would die for her. She's one of the two best fighters in town. That means she has to fight this crazy ass dude who will have no mercy on her. I have to see that. ' Hot chick involved? Count me in.

' Sure, why do you want me to come? You never really ask me. Not that I mind of course. ' A hot chick all sweaty beating a guy? That's just too sexy

' If their leader is fighting I know they'll be busy and I don't want to be a burden. And I wanted to take my best friend. ' He nudged my shoulder. He just didn't want to go alone. He must be really into the fight, by the looks he was giving me I could tell he really was eager to go. I wouldn't ever let him down.

' Cool when are we leaving? ' I glanced at the digital clock on my phone and it was about eleven thirty now.

' actually...' He scratched the back of his neck, something he always did when he was slightly uncomfortable. ' We kind of have to go right now. I want to bet on Sky before the fight starts. ' He said looking sheepishly. He knew I didn't like it when he would bet but right now I could understand it, it was the biggest fight he's ever been to so why the hell not right?- Wait, why's Sky ?

' The female gang leader I just told you about. ' The look on my face must've said it all. Sometimes I wonder if he knows me too well.

' Alright, let's get going then, I want to see some ass kicked tonight. ' Is it wrong to be exited even if a girl's going to be beaten up tonight? I hope not.

We got into Jason's car and backed out of his parking spot on my lane. We drove in a comforting silence to the place wherever the hell this thing was going down. As we neared the location, I figured it would be at the old boxing complex. It used to be a public gym with a huge boxing ring in the middle, it was quite popular until the other gym came here. It was more modern and technological as why it had more clients. They lost most of their costumers and went bankrupt. This is why it's the perfect for an important fight like this.

I'm not really into place here, the fights and stuff. My interests are different and I haven't really taken the time to look into it all. Now that I'm going to this fight, it would've been better if I had some knowledge.

Jason thought, knows everything about it. He's fascinated with the way most of those people live. And even if he's never going to join a gang, I'm sure he really wants to. You can see it in the way he talks about it. His eyes lit up like a child hearing that Santa's coming back this year.

I've been to one or two fights and races, and I'm not saying it's stupid because it's pretty damn awesome what they're doing but I just wish I knew more about it.

We arrived at the place and saying it was crowded was an understatement. I was packed. I could look over every ones head a bit because I was pretty tall and saw this was just for the entrance. The hell ?

' These people are all waiting to get in here, how on earth are we getting in? ' My voice was raising due to me getting annoyed. We are never getting in this damn place...

' I know some guys who will get us in.' This was the only thing he said before walking away. He was going towards the back. Following behind him I saw we were nearing a backdoor where four guys were discussing something. They all looked kind of nervous and worried.

Apparently Jason knew them because he walked up to them greeting each and one of them. I kind of stood there just awkwardly looking at them while waiting to be introduced.

' So Connor, this is Ryan, Carter, Justin and Jake. Guys this is Connor.' Finally .

After the whole awkward introduction to his friends everyone just started talking again as if we've known them forever. Two of the gang members went to check on their fighter which left me, Jason, Justin and Ryan I think. I'm not that good with names, or birthdays or .. remembering things. Anyway I found it quite awkward as I don't know these guys, even though I wanted to get to know them. I need an ice breaker.

' So, how come I've never seen you here? I've never seen you in this area of town actually. ' There it is. And it's true, I never come here. This was the more poor and dangerous part of town. I'm not against poor people, I just don't really know any of them as I go to Northridge High, the private school. These were the places you didn't want to go to at night if you wanted to keep all your kidneys.

Kidneys.

' Jason kind of asked me to go with him. I heard this was a pretty big fight.' Okay, keeping up the small talk, pretending you're not absolutely lost about what's happening here, just smirk and go with what the guy says.

' Yeah, it is. At least to us. ' Can't work with that buddy !! I need some information to look smart and interested. Well I am interested but I don't want to make a fool of myself by coming to a "street fight" and not knowing anything about it.

' It's why I'm here, your leader is fighting for the title isn't it? ' Where the hell is Jason? I looked back at him and saw his eyes lit up with respect and adoration.

She's going to give Riley a hard time. She's amazing. ' Damn I want to meet this girl. if she's as hot as I'm imagining her, I wouldn't mind getting into those panties...

' Can I maybe meet her? ' I really want to know if she's a feisty chick with a hot bod or some fat gross way too muscled sumo wrestler. That would be a turn-off.

' yeah sure, after the fight though because it's about to start. Come sit with us up front and we'll introduce you to her after we cleaned her up. ' Clean her up?

' what ? ' I voiced my confused thoughts.

' they're the two best fighters in town with a lot of hatred towards each other, you don't think this is going to get dirty? ' I gulped and just nodded. How could I be so stupid? It's a damn fight !!

I walked behind him as he started walking to the front I assume. I thought we were never getting through this maze of people but from the moment people saw Justin's face they moved aside.

This gang really earned a lot of respect around here ...

We arrived up from near the ring where the gang and Jason were standing. Jake threw an unexpected arm around my shoulder and looked at both me and Jason before speaking up.

' You both are pretty cool so why don't you come and hang with us more often? ' Hang out with them?

Fan.girl.moment.

' Yeah sure. ' I replied sucking in a breath and keeping my face cool. I'm such a girl on the inside...

The boys visibly tensed up once a guy in his mid thirties came on the boxing-ring-stage thing. Honestly , it looked like it was about to collapse every second. I guess the fight is about to begin now ...

' Ladies and gentlemen. Just to make this more official, we're recording this amazing upcoming fight. And just for the people here who don't know anything about this thing, let me explain. We've been putting up fights to elect the two best of this town and this is the outcome. Tonight they will be fighting each other in order to win the title. The rules are simple, there's just one. Fight until the other one is unconscious then stop immediately, we don't want anyone dying tonight. ' Unconscious ? I hope this Sky girl knows where she's getting at.

' Let's do this boxer style people! In the left corner we have one hell of a man, leader of one of the best gangs in town, give it up for Riley Hogget !! ' A big tough looking guy came out a door and stepped in the ring as loads of people started cheering.

' And in the right corner we have another leader. But I think you all know who this tough girl is, start cheering for Skylar Callaway !! ' A figure stepped out of the other door. It's only when I saw her that it really hit me what the guys had said. I saw her tiny frame, her pitch black hair, the same snake running from her shoulder down her arm. The other tattoos scattered around her body...

My theory was right, the girl in the ring here, in the gym , at school...

This was Callaway...

( back to Skylar's POV )

I'm ready ,

I can do this,

I'm strong,

I can beat him...

No matter how many times I repeat these words in my head, they don't seem like reality. I know I'm lying to myself by saying that. I know I'm smaller, less strong, more vulnerable and so on and so on.

Normally I'm a confident girl, but right now all I can think of is giving up. Even though I'm never going to just give him the title without a fight, I still don't want to end up in the hospital. I have to fight Riley fucking Hogget ... The guy holds a grudge against me and winning that race on Friday didn't make it any better.

The thing that worries me the most is that we have to bet again. He'll ask for the same thing he asked with the race but this time he knows he'll win. I don't want to join his gang, his gang is cruel, does terrible things including drugs... Okay I can't judge on that because sometimes I deal too but he actually works for a druglord.

I don't exactly acknowledged when they came in because when I turned around I saw Jake and Carter standing with their arms crossed. They're worried, which is understandable. I'm not going to make it tonight and they know it too, at least I think they know.

' Hey guys, ' I smiled at them, ' Did you already warn the hospital and say that I'm coming? ' I was dead serious. They both kind of looked at me like I was slowly going crazy.

' What? Don't look at me like that, I just want my room to be ready for when I get there.' And I meant every word I just said. I don't like waiting even if I'm unconscious.

They both let out and inhuman noise when they saw my serious face. wops. They both look furious, if this was a cartoon steam would come out of Carters ears and Jake's head would explode. Carter is probably going to shout at me in

3

2

1

...

' Are you fucking kidding me Sky ? ' Carter gushed out walking towards me. What is he doing? He grabbed my shoulders which caused my body to fly from side to side.

' Sky think ! ' He shouted again. I'm sure by the end of his rant, I'm deaf. I took a step away from him, a bit taken aback from his harsh tone and aggressiveness. Okay shaking me is not that aggressive but it is for him. He also never uses such a tone at me. He didn't notice I was backing away from him because he just kept yelling.

' Don't you dare losing from that scumbag, don't you dare losing, don't you dare !! ' I've never seen him like this. I looked at Jake and he just stood there, spaced out, doing nothing to calm Carter down. Time to take matter in my own hands then.

I grabbed his arms and tried to hold them steady. He was looking anywhere but me so I grabbed his chin and forced him.

' Carter calm down , yelling is not going to make me bigger nor stronger. So cut it out and give me some hope will ya. ' I slightly shoved him back. Don't mess with me, I'm nervous enough as it is. And in about 2 minutes Gabe is going to call me in that ring to fight the strongest guy in town and I'm so not ready to do this, the last thing I need is Carter yelling at me. He looked at me a few seconds and backed away further.

' Sorry Sky, ' He took some steps closer to me again, ' Just the thought of you getting hurt or losing and having to go to Riley's gang just .. it's eating me alive.' My eyes softened at his words. He's his protective annoying self. He just has to understand I can't back out of this. I put my hands on his shoulder to calm him down.

' Look Carter, I know you're worried about me but right now I just need support, not anger. ' I saw the rage in his eyes fading away exposing the hurt he felt. Poor Carter, he's just worried.. I should apologize when I'm out of the hospital.

' Yeah, sorry, I know you can beat him though, I'm just ... sorry ' He let his head hang down and turned around to leave when I grabbed his wrist and wrapped my arm around his neck. He was startled by my gesture because I don't hug unless it's Jake or Gabe. He recovered from the little shock and grabbed me too. He hugged me as if this were my last minutes on earth.

' Don't worry about me Carter, I'll be fine. ' I whispered in his ear before signing Jake he should come join my little hug-moment. Wow I was hugging 2 guys at the same time, I'm becoming a softie.

'Now go guys, It's going to start any minute now.' I both pushed them to the door, I want that last minute to myself. But even that was too much to ask. When I had both pushed them out the door I could hear Gabe's voice calling out Riley and then me. I stepped out of the door into the ring with my head held high but never looking at the crowd. That is one thing I can never do, if I look at the crowd I will be distracted and I can't have that.

I look over at Riley who's being his cocky self and bowing to the crowd. He looks over all the people and at some point his eyes narrow and widen in shock. I don't look at what he's watching because I would be distracted like he's now.

' Make your bets. ' Gabe said to both of us and Riley snaps out of his daze.

' I want her in my gang when I win. ' Riley says immediately with that stupid signature smirk on his face.

' what's the max. amount of money I can ask? ' I want money for the garage of course.

' 10.000, is that okay? '

' Sure let's do this.' I'm ready now, I can do this. Gabe left the ring and I got into my fighting position as did Riley. Gabe called start and we were off.

I've been observing Riley and he always attacks first and fast, taking the opponent off guard. Because his opponent is big and slow most of the time that's an excellent strategy but I'm not, I'm small and fast. I hope he'll do the same thing now because I don't have anything else.

I focused on Riley, the ring and nothing else.

Just the fight.

And as expected Riley stormed towards me, he swung at me with rage in his eyes but I dodged it. He didn't expect this and almost lost his balance, I took this to my advance and threw a corkscrew punch, catching him off guard. He stumbled but quickly gained his balance to defend himself. It took a minute until he threw another punch which I ducked again, making him miss.

My body betrayed me as his fist connected with my nose. Being light made me losing my steady immediately. I tried to get back up, but he had punched me again. I blocked my face which had the effort to fail. I couldn't feel my face anymore. I knew he was strong but man, this was worse than I imagined. I clamped my stomach when I felt his foot colliding with it. He kicked me in my stomach and on my chest over and over again, not caring I'm a girl... I could see black dots forming, blurring my vision.

' End of round one, step away Hogget ! ' I heard someone shout and the kicking stopped.

Thank the Lord!

I just kept laying on the ground while Riley and Gabe were arguing if there can or cannot be rounds and time outs. I couldn't bother to listen, my ears were ringing, I couldn't understand the rest of their conversation even if I wanted to. I tried to move which caused me pain but it was bearable. I got up and whipped the blood of my lips and licked them to get some moist. I walk- more like limbed over to my little corner where I saw my boys looking at me , worried and angry.

'Don't say "I told you so " please ' I pleaded by Carter who looked like he was about to rip Riley's head off.

'How can you go through with this?' Jake asked , he stood next to a guy I didn't know and someone with a cap on their head so I couldn't see their face.

'I'd rather be a loser till the end then a bigger loser and leave now Jake.' I can't leave.

I got to Gabe and saw he was looking at me to, I nodded at him giving him permission to go. Riley looked at me to and came to me whispering something in my ear.

' I'm going to beat you up so bad you can't even go crying to your mother because I will be doing her while your pathetic excuse of a dad is watching us. '

No.one.speaks.of.my.family.

NO ONE

Gabe called us up and I darted extremely fast towards Riley. I ignored the pain shooting through my body with a new found power inside me, rage.

He didn't expect this at all so when I tackled him to the ground and got him into my hardest, most define headlock, he was stuck. With my one free hand I punched his face over and over again until I was sure he was no longer seeing straight. I got up and punched him a few times in his stomach. I am not the one to drag fights out but he deserves this. No one talks about my family. When I thoughts he had enough I gave him the final punch on his temple so he would black out.

Soon after I made Riley black out I could feel myself slipping away. The black dots were growing bigger and the voices fainter. In a distance a saw 7 persons coming towards me. When I couldn't feel my legs anymore I fell down beside Riley and the light blocked by 7 faces. Their mouths were moving but there came no words from them. Everything was spinning and when I closed my eyes I couldn't open them anymore.

My body was moving, I could feel it but the darkness was way to appealing.

Engulfed by darkness an image flashed in front of my eyes.

Derek.

__________________________________________________________________

Sooo this obviously was chapter 9! And again you guys didn't reach my goal .... Aw :(

Is it me or am I a loser ?

Well ... Let's not answer that.

Back to the story :) Do you think Sky will awake ? Who knows (lol I think we all know )

I'll put up one more goal .. And if you guys don't reach it this time then why bother anymore ? Yeah ?

:(

Sad face.

ANYWAY
I'll see ya in a week :)

One more this : ERMAGHAWD SCHOOL IS STARTING IN A WEEK and I'm losing my mind ...

LOL

YEAH!

LUVS-xx axellesmet

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

74.2K 3.5K 59
What happens when you're waiting for your favourite latte in your favourite cafe and suddenly there are people in suspicious, ridiculous masks who wa...
2M 72.4K 43
Charming and elusive Evie Walker is certifiably the cutest girl at Somerset High, yet there is something off about her. Liam Davis is certifiably th...
143K 4.8K 25
"Would you not do that, Cupcake?" He moaned. "Cupcake, really? We escalated to pet names?" I said annoyed. "Well you haven't confirmed your name, so...
259K 8.8K 51
She's broken. People broke the girl who was once happy, the only time when she can smile is when she's alone. Being alone is her favourite thing in...