Voltron - The Greatest Showma...

By ItIsJustME1231

This is the characters from Voltron in the Greatest Showman. It's not the whole movie, just highlights. Sorry... More

A Million Dreams (Part 1)
A Million Dreams (Part 2)
A Million Dreams (Part 3)
A Million Dreams (Part 4)
A Million Dreams (Part 5)
I'm lazy

The Other Side

2.9K 62 27
By ItIsJustME1231

Keith was standing outside the theater, since the show he directed is over. He scanned the crowd of snobby, uptown folk in disgust. They're just so full of themselves! Then, he bows his head in shame when he realizes he is, really, no different than they are. He sighs and lifts his head back up, trying to convince himself he is truly happy the way he is. The truth is, Keith is happy, to some degree. He's content. He knows he is lucky to be a part of a rich family, and he knows that many people have it much, much worse than him, but he still feels as if it's not enough. He hates that he feels this way, so he buries his feelings away, enjoying life to his best abilities. Alas, he always feels....trapped, bored, like he is going through the motions, but not with any passion. Keith has dreamed of running off to pursue his own dream, but he's scared. Scared of the unknown challenges,  scared of the judgement, scared of being scorned, scared of being laughed at, scared to end up at rock bottom, again. How could a person like me learn to fight? It's just not possible. Why risking everything I worked for just for one, measly thing, that will probably be a fluke? Keith's eyes gaze over, his mind lost in his thoughts.

Shiro scans the crowd, looking for the famed Keith Kogane. The man who can help him achieve his dream, the one who knows what will draw the rich in, the money-maker. Shiro is so close to his dream, or perhaps he is already there. But there is one problem, not everyone is enjoying his show, or a more accurate way to phrase that is, the rich people aren't enjoying the show. Luckily, there is one man who Shiro trusts enough to save his circus, Keith.

Shiro spots Keith leaning against a railing, deep in thought. Shiro calls out to him, "Keith! Keith Kogane!"

Keith looks around to find the source of the voice who called him out. He finds Shiro standing a little ways away. "Shiro. Hey, I haven't seen you in a while."

"Yeah. Sorry I left you in the orphanage." Shiro gives Keith a guilty, yet sincere, smile.

"It's fine. A rich couple adopted me, so it turned out alright."

"That's good to hear. You have made quite the name."

A wavering smile appeared on Keith's face, "As have you. Your...um...show sounds interesting," Keith admits.

Shiro smiles, happy his circus is famous, "That's actually what I want to talk to you about."

Keith's face turns sour with disgust, "No thanks." With that, he whips around and marches off toward a bar, feeling slightly guilty, but not enough to lose his pride and turn back.

Shiro's face falls, but it's quickly replaced with a determined look. He follows Keith into the bar.

*****

Keith walks into the deserted bar, glad no one is there. He immediately comforted by the familiarity of it.  He plops down onto one of the stools by the counter. "Hey Dakin."

Dakin smiles as he whips a glass clean, "Hi Keith. What would you like? The usual?"

Keith opens his mouth, about to reply, when he hears the door open. He turn his head, and rolls his eyes when he sees Shiro walk in. Keith turns back to Dakin, "Yeah, the usual."

((A/N: Uh.. I don't know my alcohol drinks at all, because I can't drink and my parents don't drink. So.... it's just going to be whiskey or beer or 'the usual' whatever that is)

Dakin offers me a smile before turning around to get a shot of whiskey. Keith looks to see Dakin carrying two shots of whiskey. Keith furrows his brows in slight confusion. Dakin hands Keith and Shiro each a shot. Keith rolls his eyes as he and Shiro down their shot in unison. Here we go.... Keith thinks.

((Shiro: underline Keith: italics))

Right here, right now. I put the offer out
I don't want to chase you down, I know you see it
You run with me, and I can cut you free
Out of the drudgery, and walls you keep in

So trade that typical, for something colorful
And if it's crazy, live a little crazy
You can play it sensible, the king of conventional
Or you can risk it all and see

Don't you want to get away, from the same, old part you got to play?
'Cause I got want you need, so come with me and take the ride
It'll take you to the other side
'Cause you can do like you do, or you can do like me
Stay in the cage, or you'll finally take the key
Oh, damn! Suddenly you're free to fly
It'll take you to the other side

Okay, my friend, you want to cut me in
But I hate to tell you, but it just won't happen
So thanks, but no. I think I'm good to go
'Cause I quite enjoy the life, you say I'm trapped in
Now I admire you, and that whole show you do
You're onto something, really, it's something
But I live among the swells, we don't pick up peanut shells
I'll have to leave that up to you

Don't you know that I'm okay, with this uptown, part I get play?
'Cause I got what I need, and I don't want to take the ride
I don't need to see the other side
So go and do like you do, I'm good to do like me
Ain't in a cage, so I don't need to take the key
Oh, damn! Can't you see I'm doing fine
I don't need to see the other side

Now, is this really like to spend your days?
Whiskey and misery, and parties and plays
If I were mixed up with you, I'd be the talk of the town
Disgraced and disowned, another one of the clowns
But you would finally live a little, finally laugh a little
Just let me give you the freedom to dream,
And it'll wake you up, and cure your aching
Take your walls, and start 'em breaking
Now that's a deal, that seems worth taking
But I guess I'll leave that up to you

Well, it's intriguing, but to go what costs me greatly
So, what percentage of the show would I be taking?
Well, fair enough, you'd want a piece of all the action
I'd give you seven, we can shake and make it happen
Ha, I wasn't born this morning, eighteen would be just fine
Ha ha, Why not just go ahead and ask for nickels on a dime?
Fifteen
I'd do eight
Twelve
Maybe nine
Ten.

Dakin places two shots in between the two bargaining men, knowing if Shiro accepts, he would take the shots. Dakin drums his fingers on the counter, waiting for Shiro to pay.

Shiro sighs as he makes eye contact with Dakin. Shiro pats down his jacket, feeling for any coins.

Keith exasperatedly reaches into his pocket and takes out paper money, and slaps in on the counter for Dakin. Keith holds his hand out to Shiro, as a smug look fills his face, "Sir, it looks like you have yourself a junior partner."

Dakin takes the money and places it into the cash register.

Shiro lets out a small chuckle, then grabs the shots and hands one to Keith. "What I have, is an overcompensated apprentice," Shiro corrects, as he and Keith drink to their deal.

Don't you want to get away, to a whole, new part you're going to play?
'Cause I got what you need, so come with me and take the ride
To the other side
So if you do like I do
So if you do like me
Forget the cage, 'cause we know how to make the key
Oh, damn! Suddenly, we're free to fly
We're going to the other side
So if you do like I do
To the other side
So if you do like me
Going to the other side
'Cause if you do, we're going to the other side
We're going to the other side

Keith and Shiro race up the stairs, which lead to the circus's stage. Shiro steps aside to let Keith fully see the circus while they're performing.

Keith is in awe, when he sees the huge, cheering crowd. The crowd loud cheers fade away when Keith sees a beautiful acrobat, dressed in a tight, blue and white suit, with his legs hooked over a bar, swinging dangerously high above the ground. Keith stands there, frozen in awe, as the white-haired acrobat swings back, toward Keith. Time seems to slow down, as the acrobat swings a few feet away from Keith's face. Up close, Keith can see the acrobat has light blue, v-shaped marks on his face, underneath his eyes. He also sees the acrobat is wearing a golden crown with a blue crystal embedded in it. Keith stands there in complete awe, wondering exactly who the gorgeous acrobat is.

~~~~~~~~~~

I didn't say what they did when they were singing, it would take WAY too long.

Cast (so far):
Takashi Shirogane as PT Barnum
Matt Holt as Charity Barnum
Keith Kogane as Phillip Carlisle
Lance McClain as Anne Wheeler
Katie Holt as Katie
Hunk Garrett as Hunk
Adam W. as Adam
Dakin as bartender
Sam Holt as Mr Hallet (Charity's father)
Colleen Holt as Mrs Hallet (Charity's mother)
Iverson as train manager
Sanda as train captain

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 46 19
Non of these charecters belong to me! They are characters from the show Voltron! Keith is the emo kid of his school and his love for music is crazy...
343K 16.8K 43
LanceMcLame: Do you really hate me so much that you want to freaking watch Mean Girls without me?! Gayboy ™: Ehm? LanceMcLame: Oh wrong person lol ...
86.5K 1.9K 26
What if Lotor takes an important member of Voltron and erases his mind? Will the team be able to remind him of who he is or will he forever want to b...
5.3K 98 19
Voltron is a traveling show and dance group. Lance and Allura are the two, (somewhat flirtatious) head performers. Lance loves making people smile, s...