Unbelievable Circumstances

Por unconsciouslyReading

The past can hardly be forgotten, certainly not when new problems keep popping up. Just when Hermione thought... Más

Chapter 2: Someone Woke Up In The Wrong Bed
Chapter 3: Some Clouds have Gold Linings
Chapter 4: Too Dramatic To Be A Doormat
Chapter 5: Paper Towels Are Not Vows
Chapter 6: Curiosity Killed the Cat
Chapter 7: What's A Gambit to A Pawn?
Chapter 8: The Book, The Witch, and The Quidditch Pitch
Chapter 9: Oh Merlin & Morgana
Chapter 10 The Veela's Mate
(unedited) Chapter 11: Useful
(unedited) Chapter 12: Forgiveness & Forgetfulness
(unedited) Chapter 13: Feeling
Chapter 14: Try Me
(unedited) Chapter 15: What Have I Done?
A/N: Update &Edit

Chapter 1: Time Doesn't Heal All Wounds, It Causes Them

632 20 8
Por unconsciouslyReading

A/N: I have finished updating the first few chapters of Unbelievable Circumstances and rather than wait and just publish the whole thing all at once, I will release the first five updates. Then I will update from there. The main themes from the story will remain the same, but several things have changed. I suggest rereading from the beginning before I update newer chapters. :)

Thank you to everyone who has read this story and put it on a reading list! I hope you enjoy the update!

- UnconsciouslyReading

_______________________________

Chapter 1: Time Doesn't Heal All Wounds, It Causes Them

"Students it is my greatest pleasure to welcome you to Hogwarts, you may call me Headmistress McGonagall. I will be taking over the late Headmaster Dumbledore's place."

Hermione kept fidgeting with her head girl badge and tried to wipe her hands on her robes to stop. She took in a large breath to ease her nerves. Voldemort was dead, school would be normal this year, completely normal. She drew her attention back to the headmistress.

"-as they both have had excellent marks all seven years at Hogwarts and will no doubt be model students for their houses this year. I will now introduce the new Head Boy and Head Girl. The new head boy will be Mr. Blaise Zabini from Slytherin!"

Hermione's eyes grew wide as she snapped her head toward the Slytherin table. Few people clapped in the great hall at the mention of Slytherin. Most were just clapping out of civility. He smirked and nodded toward the Headmistress and Hermione.

"And the new Head Girl will be Miss Hermione Granger from Gryffindor." The cheering began before McGonagall could even finish her name. She gave a wide awkward smile and shrugged her shoulders, looking back to the Slytherin table.

A very curious decision the headmistress had made.

************************************

The rest of the night went pleasant and Hermione found her room with ease. The portrait led straight into the living area, to the left a little book nook with two chairs, a large bookshelf, and a window that extended to the high ceiling. Strangely there were two floors in the dorm and the second one had an open layout so you could see the railing and hallway. Everything was neutral warm tones of brown and beige.

Back in her new room, Hermione had just finished unpacking, going over her new head duties, and created an itinerary of how the first prefects meeting should go. She smiled to herself and set down her quill just as she heard the portrait swing open.

"Hello?" She called out as she opened her door. "Zabini we haven't formally met yet and I would like to introduce myself properly." She grabbed the parchment and raced down the stairs, a bit eager if not anxious, to meet him. "I'm Hermione Granger it's nice-" as she walked into the common room her eyes landed on a tall pale boy standing straight "...you."

She stopped dead in her tracts at the bottom of the staircase. Her hand carefully grasping her wand in her pocket. His blond hair was unmistakable, and his pointed arrogant face unforgettable. His eyes shifted to her wrist knowingly and he raised his hands slightly.

"Malfoy, what the hell are you doing here?" She hissed, disgust and anger lacing her voice.

He opened his mouth to reply when another voice stepped into the room. "I believe that is my doing Hermione, Malfoy is my guest." The tall, olive-skinned Head Boy stepped around Draco and held out his hand. "It is a pleasure to finally get to meet you properly. Hearing your name is one thing, meeting the magnificent witch behind it is another."

Hermione rose her brow at his flattery and nodded. Never letting go of her wand. "Zabini, I would have preferred to have a discuss-"

"Blaise, you can call me Blaise, Hermione. I think we'll have a lot of time working together to drop formalities."

She rose both her brows this time at his audacity. "And when we get there we'll do just that. I would've liked to meet you and discuss rooming rules before bringing any sort of...guest." She said glancing over to Draco on his left. He had been staring at her this whole time. His gaze was intense.

"Of course Granger, we can discuss it later today after lunch? I wanted Draco to help me unpack." He patted Draco's shoulder, pulling his gaze from her momentarily.

"Sounds great, I think I'll finish unpacking myself. See you." She nodded and turned back toward her room.

Draco started scratching the back of his neck and stepped forward as if to follow. He shook his head and looked back at Blaise. "That could've gone worse I assume."

Blaise shrugged and motioned up the stairs. "I don't think McGonagall has informed her of our room plans. A bit strange for Hogwarts golden girl to not know."

A few hours later the boys descended the stairs to go to the dungeons. "Oh wait, Pansy wanted me to bring something I'll be right back," Blaise said as he left Draco at the bottom of the stairs.

Draco nodded and leaned against the railing. He heard a book drop and looked up to see Granger carrying a stack that was almost taller than her. He squinted and wondered if she could even see.

She shakily started her descent and leaned against the side of the railing to make sure she was heading the correct way. She made it about halfway before a book slipped and fell down the stairs. "Shit!" She swore and continued down despite it.

It landed right next to his feet. He picked it up and held it till she reached the bottom. "You dropped this one." It was a smaller book, barely bigger than his hand. He gripped the bottom and extended it out to her.

She set the books down on a table by the couch with a loud huff. "Oh." She looked at his hand, then to him hesitantly. 

She cleared her throat and grabbed the book quickly, her fingertips just barely grazing his. The smallest form of touch, yet something was different. He shoved his hand back into his pocket and turned away. She tilted her chin down while walking toward the table and picked up three of the books from her stack. She spared no second in dashing out the door.

Draco eyed her stack of books curiously, only recognizing a few of them. The sound of footsteps descending stole his attention. "What did Pansy need from you?"

Blaise lifted his hand to show an old photograph from when the three of them were kids.

"That's from third-year isn't it?" He asked. It was a photo of Pansy, Blaise, and himself in their swimming suits from one of their vacation homes. In the picture, they had all been smiling and posing for the camera. A few seconds in Pansy grabbed both their hands and yanked them back into the pool. She flung her head back laughing when she swam up. Draco spat out water and sneered. Blaise started gasping and flailing.

"Yeah," Blaise replied looking at it for a moment. "Said she's making a scrapbook or something."

Draco raised a brow and Blaise shrugged, motioning toward the portrait.

**********************************

"I can't believe Zabini just let the ferret into your common room within the first hour! Just like a snake. Imagine if this had been sixth-year or any other year." Ginny said while folding her clothes.

She had invited her and Luna to hang out for a few hours after they had left after dinner. Thankfully the room was empty of people for now.

"It isn't any other year Ginny. The war is over. It's just... It was going to be difficult getting used to Zabini, I didn't think he had friends! I don't know how I'll get through the year without going completely mad."

"I heard that Malfoy is actually on a parole term and will be sharing the room with Zabini. Since a lot of the parents and ministry don't think it would be wise to have him live near the other students."

Hermione's mouth dropped. Ginny gaped and turned to Luna. "You're kidding."

Hermione shook her head and stared at the floor. "There's no way, that's not possible. McGonagall would have told me if that were the case."

"I saw McGonagall talking to a few parents before dinner."

"Who would've thought, the Gryffindor Princess and the heir of Slytherin together in the same dorm the world is truly coming to an end." Ginny quipped as she tossed candy into her mouth.

Hermione rolled her eyes and clicked her tongue. "Can you take this seriously Ginny? I might be sharing a dorm with two people who tormented me all my life."

"I guess," Ginny sighed. "You're being dramatic. You're going to be fine Mione. You are more than capable of handling two Slytherin low lives. The war is over, they'll probably just keep to themselves."

Hermione lightly kicked a folded blanket on the floor. "You're right it'll be a peaceful year with them. Maybe I could change them, maybe we can make a muggleborn friendship club."

"If you make bracelets please invite me. I wanted to make some for the thestrals." Luna added.

Ginny laughed and turned to Hermione. "It could be worse. They could be horribly unattractive." Hermione's eyes grew wide. "Come on, when he's not scowling he's not half bad. I would never tell him to his face, but you know it's true. If he keeps his mouth shut all year you only have to look at him."

Luna chimed in from her spot on the bed. "Despite being horrid he does have very nice eyes, and that whole brooding thing going for him."

"You both have lost your minds." She raised her hands and shook her head. "I'm going back to my dorm goodnight!" She marched out the door and down the steps of the tower.

"In denial."

"Yup."

____________________________

On the way to the dungeons, Draco started scratching his hand. "What?" Blaise asked.

Draco shook his head and smoothed his hand on his robe. After a few minutes Draco started scratching his wrist, then his whole left arm.

 "Draco, you look mad, stop it we're almost there," Blaise whispered cooly.

Draco squeezed his eyes shut and relaxed his arms as they arrived. "squid ink" he said to the portrait. He hurried through to the common room and scanned the area. There were only a few fifth years. No sight of Pansy.

Draco winced as he realized his hand felt like it was burning. He clenched his teeth and raised his hand. His whole body started feeling warm. He reached for a chair for support. He dropped into it and pulled out his wand.

"Draco mate what's wrong?"

Draco started blinking hard and opened his mouth to speak. He doubled over and groaned; sweat trickled down his flushed face. He clutched his sides and fell to the ground with a hiss.

"DRACO!" Blaise shouted.

Draco made no indication he heard him. Blaise struggled to lift him to his feet and called the fifth-years to help him. "You're going to be alright Drake. We're going to get you to Madam Pomphrey".

The overheating boy was incoherent, his body limp, and he murmured.

They had grabbed his legs while Zabini grabbed his arms. The boys hurried to the medical wing and burst through the tall wooden doors.

"Madam Pomphrey please help! Something is wrong with Draco."

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

565K 34.6K 99
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
1M 42.5K 50
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
226K 9.2K 60
𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 noura denoire is the first female f1 driver in 𝗗𝗘𝗖𝗔𝗗𝗘𝗦 OR 𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 noura denoire and charle...
817K 37.8K 59
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...