Living In The Greatest City I...

By philocalic

(COMPLETED) What happens when the entire Hamilton group is in the 21st century - and are in college? Stuck... More

Chapter 1: The Introductions Of A Potentially Hazardous Group
Chapter 2: The Envious Confessions of a Slightly Drunk Couple
Chapter 3: Maria Reynolds Protection Squad
Chapter 4: The Kid - I Mean, Turtle, Angel Schuyler-Laurens
Chapter 5: Girl Problems, Boy Problems, Wait, Ice Cream!
Chapter 6: Lessons about French and Smoking Sunflowers
Chapter 7: I Hate You, I Like You, No, It's Awkward Again
Chapter 8: TurtleBoi Passes Out
Chapter 9: Dates, Double Dates, Triple Dates, I Don't Know The Word...
Chapter 10: Close Your Mouth, I know I'm Beautiful
Chapter 11: That American Fizzy Magic
Chapter 12: The Angelic Angel Angelica
Chapter 13: Daddy Told Me Not To Have Relationships...?
Chapter 14: Petite Poisson, nagent/Small Fish, swim
Chapter 15: Take A Break (Or I'll Make You)
Chapter 16: Everyone Ships It
Chapter 17: Kitchen Duty - Doody
Chapter 18: Schuyler, Schuyler, Schu - well - Hamilton, Wait, Schuyler?
Chapter 19: Wait!
Chapter 20: This Is What We Call "A Bad Nurse"
Chapter 21: Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story
Chapter 22: Will You Throw Away Your Shot?
Chapter 23: Hurt
Chapter 24: Helplessly Helpless
Chapter 25: Thank You and A Small DEH Question!
Chapter 26: No One Deserves To Disappear
Chapter 27: What Happened In The Room
Chapter 28: Say No, Alex
Chapter 29: Congratulations, Hope You're Satisfied
Chapter 30: That's How You Know You Messed Up
Chapter 31: Him
Chapter 32: Let It Go
Chapter 33: The Fashion Major Strikes Again
Chapter 34: Just Fix It!
Chapter 35: I Mean, They Pop Out Randomly, Like Toasters
Chapter 36: How To Ditch A Wedding 101
Chapter 37: Now, This Is A Wedding
Chapter 38: Wait... What?
Chapter 39: Nobody Needs To Know
Chapter 40: Lady Issues
Chapter 41: The Baby Project Starts
Chapter 42: Beware Of The Fatal Pillows
Chapter 43: Schuyler β†’ Hamilton, Peggy β†’ ... Who?
Chapter 44: Your Hotness, Eliza: Making Things Worse Since 1757!
Chapter 45: This A-fork-able Group
Epilogue: The Crazy Kids Of New York
Epilgoue 2: The Private And Intimate Life Of The House
Epilogue 3: Here and Queer
Epilogue 4: The Mess I Call My Family
Other Stories!

Chapter 46: Love In The Air In The Greatest City In The World

662 19 39
By philocalic

"Okay, open your eyes," John took off the blindfold.

They were at the orchard, the one near the ice cream shop where they first confessed their feelings about Alexander. Near the courtyard where John first kissed her. Near the tree where Angie told him the truth about her scars.

"Well, if it isn't Aaron and Theo Burr!" Theo giggled in her father's hands.

"So, is this the place where you want to get married?" Aaron asked John.

"Wait, we're getting married? Right now?" Angie faced John.

"Surprise! Unless you don't want to." John added.

"Of course I do! It's just that Eliza'll kill me," Angelica looked worriedly at her sister's texts.

"To heck with them. We'll get married, then join them."

"Alright, let's do it,"

Aaron put Theo down and started reciting.

"We gather here to unite these two people in marriage. Their decision to marry has not been entered into lightly.... and today they publicly declare their private devotion to each other. The essence of this commitment is the acceptance of each other in entirety, as lover, companion, and friend. A good and balanced relationship is one in which neither person is overpowered nor absorbed by the other, one in which neither person is possessive of the other, one in which both give their love freely and without jealousy. Marriage, ideally, is a sharing of responsibilities, hopes, and dreams. It takes a special effort to grow together, survive hard times, and be loving and unselfish. Do you both pledge to share your lives openly with one another, and to speak the truth in love? Do you promise to honor and tenderly care for one another, cherish and encourage each other, stand together, through sorrows and joys, hardships and triumphs for all the days of your lives?"

Theo Jr crawled over, with the help of her father, with the rings on a pillow.

Angie laughed and she put the ring on John. "I do."

John smiled wide and repeated the action. "I do!"

"Go now in peace and live in love, sharing the most precious gifts you have - the gifts of your lives united. And may your days be long on this earth. I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride."

And that's exactly what John did.

oOo

"And that's how we got married!" Angie retold the story for the hundredth time.

"I'm still salty you didn't invite me," Eliza scoffed.

After getting past Eliza's numerous meltdowns from the small weddings, Angelica finally had the time to retell the story of it all.

"And here I thought I'd be the best man," Alex said, patting John on the back..

"Sorry, sorry!" John chuckled, smiling. "No hard feelings, man!"

Eliza sighed. "But you guys didn't invite m - "

Angelica interrupted her quickly. "So! Decided on a name yet?"

"Angel Schuyler-Laurens!" Alex yelled.

"Alex, that's not what we decided!" Eliza admonished him, looking thunderous."Philip Alexander Hamilton if it's a boy, and Angelica Rachel Hamilton if it's a girl."

Angelica looked elated. "But I'm not naming my kid Eliza, so sorry,"

"No, no! John left me in charge of the turtle... and I left it in the dining room with Mr. Hansen!" Alex yelped, already running to the cafeteria.

John facepalmed. "Yeah, should've expected that."

He ran after him, and was greeted with a comical sight.

Mr. Hansen was freaking out about the turtle, who was somehow out of its cage, and was trying to climb Mr. Murphy's leg.

"GET IT OFF!" Mr. Hansen yelled, trying to pull Angel off Mr. Murphy's leg.

"Evan, chill. It's a turtle." Mr. Murphy leaned down and picked him up. "Whose turtle is this?"

"Er, hi," Alex quickly put the turtle back in its cage.

"So irresponsi - " Mr. Hansen started to admonish them.

"Wicked, guys. Thanks for the distraction, Evan was on my case again about drug - I mean, uh - " Mr. Murphy tried to cover up his mistake.

"CONNOR!" Mr. Hansen groaned and dragged the other teacher back out.

"Don't do drugs, kid! Evan, let's get back to our own book. Bye!" Mr. Murphy followed Mr. Hansen out.

"That was awkward," John stared at the two teachers.

"If he stopped smoking drugs, then everything would be alright," Alex pointed out.

"Smoking drugs?" John smirked.

"John! I don't know! Ugh, let's just get back to the dorm."

"Whatever you say," John followed Alexander back to where Eliza and Angelica were.

"Come on, we gotta get to the party," Peggy called, dragging John away.

"Hey, maybe we can get drunk this time without anything happening," John joked.

Maria and Eliza both managed faint smiles, though it was very, very forced. Alex looked completely downcast, though he tried to hide it.

"Bad joke, John," Angelica berated. "Let's go already."

"Sorry! Yeah, yeah." They all got into two cars.

"Whose party is this? Something like Rider or Rodney or something?" Alex asked.

"Raymond? Yeah, well, he can throw a party," John whistled as they slowed down in front of a lit house, throbbing with music and overflowing with people.

"Eliza, you can't drink, okay? And if anything happens, call me or Angie. Also, don't dance too much, the stress and the heat and everything might be too much." Alex rambled.

"Why would I drink? I'm not stupid," Eliza got defensive, her hormones reacting. "Blah, blah, stress, blah, heat." She sighed, and stalked into the house, looking annoyed.

"I think you should listen to your husband, 'Liza," Peggy chastised after her sister, who was already gone.

Eliza ran back, looking ecstatic."MY HUSBAND! I'm married! And Angie is married too! Yay! Peggy, get with Laf please! And Maria with Herc!" Eliza laughed, and grabbed Alex's hand. "Come on, let's PARTAY!"

"Pregnant women!" Angie sighed.

"Enjoy it while it lasts," John followed Eliza and Alex.

Angie shook her head. "Idiots." She followed her boyf - fianc - husband into the party.

oOo

Angie's POV

It had only been half an hour, and everyone, except Eliza, in her group was lost, making out, or drunk.

She cursed as she found Peggy and Laf kissing other people. "What is wrong with you guys?" She sighed, grabbing Peggy. "They just need to admit they're in love!"

"Laf, stop kissing her and get over here!" Angelica screamed.

Maria and Herc rushed up. Herc had red lipstick smudged all over his face. Maria was wearing red lipstick. It didn't take a genius to figure out what they were doing.

"I need to get my little sister with Laf right now," She ordered.

Maria saluted. She pushed Peggy towards Laf, while Herc 'accidentally' bumped into Laf. Instead of the romantic kiss they were all anticipating, though, both of them fell down five feet from each other.

Angelica face palmed. "Never send a couple to do one woman's job."

They all went to look for Eliza and Alex. Eliza was sitting in the corner, crying.

"'Liza, what's wrong? What happened? What did Alex do?" Angie was quick to comfort her sister, even in her drunken state.

"ALEX DIDN'T LET ME DRINK SODA BECAUSE HE THOUGHT IT WAS SPIKED! I HATE HIM!" Eliza wailed, looking genuinely sad.

"Er, I think that's for the best," Maria added awkwardly.

Eliza brightened up. "Wow, really? I think I should apologize to him, then. I kinda kicked him where the sun doesn't shine... "

"Oh my god," Peggy stifled her laughs.

"He was being mean!" Eliza whined, her eyes roaming around the room for Alex.

"Yeah, so I think Alex is either wasted or crying, I don't know the difference," John came up to his friends, with a very drunk Alexander in tow.

"Oh hey, Angie, how're you?" Alex slurred, not even making eye contact with his sister-in-law.

"Alex, how many cups have you had?" John sighed, trying to keep Alex from wandering away.

"Only, like, eleventeen," Alex could barely walk on his own.

Eliza kissed Alex. "Sorry for kicking you, babes." She was about to grab his hand when Alex face planted onto the ground.

"We all saw that coming," Herc sighed and picked up his friend. "Maybe we should start heading home."

"Wait, I saw a super cute fireplace with seats. Let's all go and, like, reflect, or sing!" Peggy interjected.

"Peggy, you're only twenty, who gave you drinks?" Angie looked disappointedly at her sister.

"I just, kind of, took them!" Peggy said cheerfully.

"Let's go outside!" John stopped Angie from lecturing her sister.

"You guys do realize Eliza is the only one who can drive, right?" Maria said, looking rather drunk herself.

"I know and I honestly couldn't care less," Angelica replied.

They all sat down, staring into the fire.

"Come on, we probably should leave now," John whispered, looking at his watch. They all got up, or tried to.

"Where do we live?" Alex slurred, staring blankly at Google Maps. He tapped a Chinese restaurant. "Here?"

"We're living in the greatest city in the world," Angelica sighed, contentedly.

"THAT DOESN'T ANSWER MY QUESTION!"

The End

You guys, we're not kidding. (Also, what did I do ^ ?)

That. Was. The End. 

BUT...

We've already written at least 6000 words of Epilogue! Be sure to look out for how LIT ends for real!

So, it's not really the end... STAY TUNED!

Thank you so much for reading this, and we hope you enjoyed this as much as we loved writing it!

A/N: the website we got the vows from: ravieandchelseawedding.blogspot.com

Hope you enjoyed this entire story!

- Angelica & Eliza

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

613K 13.8K 41
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
2.3M 116K 65
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
683K 33.7K 24
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, a powerful d...
125K 6.9K 67
[Sequel to Different] Three months ago, a battle that would determine the fate of San Francisco was fought in the streets. Three months ago, the her...