Charm | Cedric Diggory

By stfushawn

they said potions were just not her thing, but alexandrina reddins seemed to do the impossible. becoming frie... More

foreword.
cast.
songs.
01.
02.
03.
04.
05.
06.
07.
08.
09.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
final.

10.

9.7K 285 105
By stfushawn

"See Darcy, this is why we don't come to the ball thirteen years early" Alexandrina huffed as she leaned against a wall, "No one's bloody here!"

"Merlin Alex, you actually have to go down the stairs"

"But everyone will see us!" Alexandrina whined, but nevertheless followed Darcy as they began to make their way towards the stairs."You're going first, so they all look at you"

"You're mental"

Alexandrina was right when she said Darcy would grab everyone's attention in the dress she was wearing. Alexandrina watched them all look at her from the top of the stairs, before realizing she to had to go down.

Step by step she made her way down, her dress clutched in her right hand, and the other out and prepared for if she fell. She kept her gaze on her feet, nervous about tripping and making an absolute fool of herself.

Alexandrina was completely oblivious to the stares and the looks she was receiving from those watching her walk down. She looked up when she reached the bottom, and saw Darcy standing with Harry and Ron Weasley, both looking starstruck.

"Harry! You look so handsome!" Alexandrina went up to him and smiled before looking at Ron, "Ron you look um, fantastic as well" He wore very old colorful dress robes, and from the way they sagged on his body, she knew they didn't want to be on him just as much as he didn't want them.

Ron made a noise in reply, and Harry gave him a strange look, "You look b-beautiful Alex!" Harry complimented back, and Alexandrina only grinned wider as his cheeks bloomed red.

Everyone around them grew confused and curious. One reason being the fact that Harry Potter managed to take someone like Alexandrina Reddins the quiet and strange Slytherin, and the other being the fact that a Gryffindor was standing next to a Slytherin and they weren't fighting.

"Alex! I see Matthew over there! I'll see you inside?" Darcy spoke up, getting ready to head over to her date.

"Okay! I'll see you inside then" Alexandrina waved goodbye to her before turning back around to the boys to chat. But Professor McGonagal was already there talking to Harry.

"Oh hello Professor, you look lovely!"

Professor McGonnagal couldn't help but smile back, "Thank you Miss. Reddins you look absolutely beautiful, but we have no time to dilly dally or Harry's going to be late and you two need to walk in!" She clapped her hands together and started walking, the two students following her.

"Walk into where?" Alexandrina asked Harry, following the professor.

"She told me all the champions and their dates walk into the ballroom and lead the first dance" Harry spoke quickly as he rushed to keep up to both the ladies' long strides.

Alexandrina felt her heart quicken, not out of fear but at the thought of so many people's eyes looking and judging her. No matter how confident Alexandrina tried to be, nerves always got the best of her.

But then she saw him. Cedric looked so magnificent in his dress robes, sophisticated and tall, she felt butterflies roar alive in her stomach. Next to him Cho Chang looked stunning, her traditional dress clung to the curves of her body and to say she looked pretty would be an understatement.

But Alexandrina radiated, and her dark green dress only heightened her natural beauty, she didn't even notice the boys constantly turning their gazes from their dates towards her.

The Grand Hall doors opened and she quickly linked arms with Harry, she didn't have time to dwell on her nerves, as all four champions walked through the doors that led to the loud cheering and beautiful set up in front.

Alexandrina almost choked on air when she saw Darcy and Matthew standing next to Fleming and Fred Weasley who had their hands connected. Out of all boys Alexandrina thought Fleming would be with, a Weasley was her last thought.

Nevertheless, she smiled and waved at the four, and looked the other direction and did the same to a bunch of people she'd never seen before. But they loved it, and Alexandrina felt her heart quicken at the attention.

As they reached the open space, Alexandrina looked around quickly and saw Hermione Granger, standing with Viktor Krum, and Fleur Delacour with a Ravenclaw she didn't recognize. She turned her gaze to Cedric and Cho, and realized that Harry was doing the same.

"She looks beautiful doesn't she Harry?" Alexandrina quietly said to Harry as she followed him to the opposite corner of where Cedric was smiling with Cho.

"She does" Harry sounded mesmerized but the minute music started to play Alexandrina saw him turn panicked, "McGonnagal never told me we had to dance, until a few minutes ago"

Alexandrina laughed slightly, "Well I guess it's your lucky day I can waltz" Alexandrina took Harry's hands and placed one of her waist and took the other in her hand. She internally laughed at his awkward facial features and red cheeks, "Just let me lead and follow. Okay?"

Harry gulped and nodded nervously, but nevertheless moved his feet as Alexandrina started to move to the music. Thy first started off rushed, as Alexandrina tried to catch up to the beat, but the minute she did, everyone was looking at the two move gracefully across the floor. Almost gracefully.

As they twisted and turned she laughed as Harry stepped on her toes a few times and tried to apologize after each time.

Cedric hadn't seen her yet, but the minute he heard that familiar laugh he turned his gaze straight towards her tilting her head back, looking so beautiful and perfect, he felt his heart race. Cedric wanted so badly to run up to Alexandrina and whisk her away, but the dance was already going, and he knew he could never do that to Cho. Harry Potter had done it for him.

Everyone was looking at the two of them, completely surprised at the girl in the dark green dress. She stood out, but not because she looked bad, but because her dress made Alexandrina glow against the lights above. 

Alexandrina looked completely at home, it felt like she could do this for hours, but she knew Harry was growing tired of dancing, so the minute they could stop, she took Harry aside so he could sit.

"I bet everyone's talking about how you were bloody taller than me" Harry whispered slightly out of breath. "I couldn't even properly lift you"

Alexandrina laughed, shaking her head slightly "No they weren't, they were all looking and pointing at your friend Hermione who caught herself Viktor" Alexandrina sat down next to him, she turned and saw him gazing at Cho who was now taking with some people, "You should go ask Cho to dance"

"You know I wo-"

"Alex! You looked so wonderful out there!" Darcy and Fleming came up to her, interrupting Harry.

"Oh thank you girls!" Alexandrina gushed, unable to keep the smile off her face, "But Fleming Junes! A Weasley!? You chose a Weasley!"

"That's what I asked!" Darcy exclaimed before Fleming could reply.

"Merlin how did you two even meet?" Alexandrina asked, "Did he tie your shoelaces together or something?"

"I'll bet he pranked her Alex, but Fleming would probably lose her mind if he ha-"

"Shut it! My goodness, at least let me talk for a second?" Fleming interrupted covering Darcy's mouth. "I tricked him in his own trick"

"I-How-Whe-" Alexandrina saw Fred Weasley coming this way, "We'll talk about this later! No escaping me now Fleming Junes!"

"Oh whoopie, can't wait"

Alexandrina turned towards Harry who was now talking to Ron Weasley, "Harry I suppose we should probably talk to people"

"Right of course" Harry stood up, almost tripping on his feet. He hooked his arm around Alexandrina's waiting one. The two of them waved a short goodbye to their friends before heading to the crowd of mingling people.

Alexandrina guided the two of them, for she had picked up that Harry was terribly awkward in social situations.

Alexandrina's final destination was Cedric and Cho, who stood next to Fleur and her date. It seemed only proper for the champions to all be in one area, however being near Cedric also graced Alexandrina's mind for a short second.

On their way Harry and Alexandrina made small talk with pairs and groups of students who complimented Alexandrina and congratulated Harry.

"Seems like they all like you now" Alexandrina whispered into Harry's ear while they finally came to where the three champions were talking about. Harry only laughed slightly before nodding his head in response.

"Harry! You look wonderful!"

Harry's friend Hermoine Granger approached the two. She looked wonderful in her ruffled pink dress, and looked years older. "And you must be Alexandrina? It's a pleasure to meet you"

"Pleasure's mine Hermoine Granger" Alexandrina gave a small head nod as she smiled at Hermoine. The girl in front of her was estatic, no doubt being because she was at the ball with Viktor. She saw Cedric walking towards the trio, smiling as he made eye contact with her.

"Hello Diggory, it's charming to see you this evening" Alexandrina spoke in a posh accent as he gave her a puzzled look, "Professor McGonnagal told us to act prim and proper-oh I forgot to curtsy!"

Alexandrina gave a curtsy as Cedric shook his head at her. He moment he stopped laughing and he took in the beauty in front of him, his eyes changed in a way Alexandrina couldn't explain. It was as if someone had taken his already deep brown eyes, and found a way to change them darker.

"You look beautiful Alexandrina" Cedric spoke breathlessly, he practically whispered, and she felt her heart beat quicken. Something was different tonight, something stirred. They looked at each other, the space between them lingered as both moved closer in millimeters, and the passion thickening between them with each heartbeat.

The sound of the next song starting broke them out of the trance they were hooked into, and Cedric remembered his words from weeks ago "I believe you owe me a dance"

Alexandrina smiled widely at him as she took his hand. Cedric led them to where a few other couples had began dancing, and slowly rested his hand on her waist. She gripped his hand, feeling the warmth from his fingers even through her glove. Grabbing his shoulder, they began to dance, becoming one with themselves and the beat.

Alexandrina and Cedric were polar opposites who if close enough, latched onto each other like magnets. And as onlookers-who used to be completely oblivious to the chemistry between the two- watched as they stared deeply at one another. Their stance never faltered, and they fit together like puzzle pieces who were once lost but now found connected to each other. Their dance was graceful, yet slow. Both terrified that once the song ended, so would the magic that was happening in the moment.

But as it did end and another played, Alexandrina and Cedric didn't stop, they just continued dancing, never growing tired of each other. Time became irrelevant, and the only thing that mattered at this place and in this moment, was each other.

To hell with Alexandrina and Harry walking in together, the new gossip would be the Hufflepuff and Slytherin who had managed to dance the entire night away.

But that's all it was. A dance between two friends who for the first time and maybe the last time, saw each other differently for one night.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

407 49 24
15 year old Katianne Potter finally broke out of her little bubble and decided to be friends with not just Elliot Diggory and her brother, but also w...
3K 114 26
/// Everybody watched in awe as an irresistible gorgeous girl walked out of the doors of great hall. /// Y/n Goldmoon was a transfer student from Ame...
1K 20 46
⭐️--Y/n and Draco Malfoy have been enemy's since their first year. But mostly because her friends (Golden trio) hates him. In their 3rd year, they ge...
1.1K 13 20
Meet Nicole and Anna. Two teenage girls sent to Hogwarts to learn magic. In addition to learning about spells and magical creatures, the two learn mu...