【Hallelujah】|| Phan

By kawaiiporpoise

In a world where there exists three kinds of people--upper class, middle class, and lower class--Daniel, a mi... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two

Chapter Three

11 2 0
By kawaiiporpoise

Maybe I've been here before? I've seen this room and I've walked this floor. I used to live alone before I knew you. And I've seen your flag on the marble arch. Love is not a victory march! It's a cold and it's a broken Hallelujah.

―――――――――――――――――――――――――

It had been almost a year now since Dan had started teaching Phil piano. Nothing more had happened between them and Dan was feeling conflicted with himself. Should he make a move? Or was that bad? And what if Phil wasn't into him the same way? So many emotions took over Dan that he had stopped listening to Phil play Fur Elise to pace around the stage.

He knew Phil was watching him, but he didn't care. He needed to find a way to control his feelings. All of these urges, yearnings, wants, needs. He wanted Phil. He needed Phil.

“Dan? You okay?”

Dan snapped from his thoughts and leaned over the piano and rested his head on the board. It was hopeless. He would just have to make a move or ask him.

“Do you ever get that feeling when you're with someone and your heart won't stop pounding?” Dan asked bluntly. He didn't bother to look up at Phil. He knew what his expression was by the silence that filled the room.

“Maybe…” Phil replied softly. This time, Dan raised his head and looked at his friend. His cheeks were a cute shade of pink and his eyes were staring out the window. God, he was so adorable.

“Good, I thought it was just me.” The ebony-haired boy turned his head to him with wide eyes. Dan chuckled. “C'mon, let's take a break. We can resume lessons later.” He and Phil left the ballroom and waltzed into the foyer. Up until now, he'd never really stopped and admired the architecture and decor. One could tell just by how shiny the floors were and how high the ceiling was that this place was owned by a wealthy family.

He slowly walked about the foyer, dazzled by the paintings, the welcoming atmosphere, the warmth the fireplace emitted. This place was truly amazing. He stopped to stare up at an archway that led farther into the palace. The Lester family emblem flag was hung at the top so that it dropped down like a curtain. Everywhere he looked, he was reminded that Phil was rich as hell and that he'd never amount to something like this.

Dan continued to move about until he stopped at the foot of the staircase, in awe of how long it really was. Phil showed up beside him. “Wanna go upstairs?” he asked. Dan nodded, silent. They marched up the stairs and when they got to the landing, Dan breathed in deeply. There was a hint of lavender and chamomile wafting in the air. He followed the scent to find that it came from Phil's bedroom.

“I've recently taken a liking to incense,” Phil explained. “Do you like it?”

“Yeah, it's lovely.” Dan took a long sniff and sighed through his nose. It was almost sort of romantic. It made Dan's heart beat rapidly. Some sort of feeling had suddenly came over him. He felt a presence behind him. When he turned around, he came nose to nose with Phil. His ears began to burn. They were so close to one another...what was he to do? Should he make a move? Should he wait and see what happens?

Before he could decide, his body flushed with heat as Phil erased the space between them and placed his lips upon Dan's. He stared ahead with wide eyes but quickly shut them, melting in place and timidly kissing back. They stood like that for what felt like forever, the kiss slowly picking up pace and getting heated. But as soon as it had started, it was over, and Dan was left standing there inflamed in heat from the moment. It was official. They both knew their feelings for one another. But the hardest part was yet to come.

―――――――――――――――――――――――――

“Mum, dad, I have something to tell you,” Phil began, rocking back and forth on his feet, hands folded in front of him. He glanced down at his parents, who sat together in the library.

“What is it, Phillip?” his mum asked, cocking her head to the side. Phil had asked for Dan to stay home today. He needed to be alone with his parents to tell them the news, which he knew they were not going to like.

“Well, I'm not sure how to put this, but whatever I may say next, please just remember that I am your son and I hope you won't think badly of me when I say this.” Phil took a deep breath in and braced himself. “I'm in love with a boy,” he spat out in a rush. His parents looked at each other in concern then at him in comfort.

“Honey, you don't really think you're in love with this boy, do you?” his mum asked, a hint of disgust in her voice.

“Yes Phillip, are you sure you're not just lonely and have come up with a scenario similar to what you'd feel towards a girl?” his father said, standing up and placing a hand on Phil's shoulder.

“No dad, I'm telling the truth. I'm in love with another man.”

“Philly...who is this other man?” his mum questioned slowly.

“Um…” Phil trailed off. Oh God. Oh no. Shit. “D-Dan. I'm in love with Dan.”

“I thought you two were just friends? As well as him being your piano teacher?” his dad asked.

“We are. He is. But I've fallen for him, dad, and he's in love with me too.”

“Outrageous! Phillip, you do know what to do with him then, don't you? We must cast him into lower class! That's where all sodomites belong.”

“No! You can't do that!” Phil burst out, backing away from his parents. He knew they would say this. He could feel his face hot with anger. “I won't let you do that! If you cast him down, I'm going with him!”

“Now honey, be rational. You're our son and the heir to the throne. You can't become one of them, otherwise who will rule over the village?” Phil's mum explained softly, standing up next to his father.

“I don't care! I'll go wherever Dan goes! I love him!”

“Phillip, stop that,” his father said sternly. “We both know you're just held back. Besides, you know we've been searching for a suitress for you, one you can marry, make your queen and continue the Lester rule.”

“Mum, dad, why can't you get it through your heads? I don't want a suitress! I don't want a woman. I want Dan!”

“That is enough!” his father shouted, bringing his palm down hard upon Phil's cheek. His mum gasped at the action. Phil looked down, his cheek burning and his eyes tearing up. He knew they would disagree, but he hadn't expected such violence from his father.

“Phillip, I-,” his dad began, but cut himself off as Phil dashed from the library and out the front door, down the pavement and out the gates. He kept running until he crossed into the edge of town. He glanced around, panting and on the verge of tears. He ran to town without realizing it had been so long since he'd been to town that he couldn't remember where Dan lived. He went from door to door, asking if they knew where the brunette lived, but most of the people never even heard of him. Finally, one tiny house deemed victorious.

“Oh, you mean the blacksmith’s son?” the little old woman said excitedly.

“Yes, that's him!” Phil jumped with glee.

“Oh yes, he lives down that way I believe. In a cottage with stain-glass windows. Such a sweet boy, he is.”

“Thank you, ma'am! Take care!” Phil called as he ran down the road towards the house the old lady spoke about. Finally, he had arrived, his heart pounding. He knocked on the door furiously, panic setting in. Please be home.

“Phil?” Dan asked as he opened the door. Phil rushed inside and into Dan's arms. The door swung shut from the force. “Phil, what's going on?” Phil couldn't answer him. He was just so happy to see him. The sight of his face, the sound of his voice and the scent of his hair was all Phil needed right now.

Phil grabbed Dan's shoulders and pulled him in for a hard and chaste kiss. He felt Dan tense up at first but soon melt into him, their lips moving together perfectly. After a while, they finally broke apart, their breath hitting each other's faces.

“What's going on, Phil?” Dan asked again. Phil sighed. He would have to tell him sooner or later.

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

“What?!” Dan stood up from the bed, his face turning red with anger. “You can't just let him get away with that! You have to go back there and stand up for yourself!”

“But I can't! I'm not a fighter. I don't fight, I flee.”

“I'll march up there with you and demand he apologize!”

“But they know that we love each other and they want to banish you to lower class!”

“I don't care. Phil, I'd walk through fire for you.” Dan placed a soft kiss on Phil's rose-tinted cheek. “What do you suppose we do then?”

“Let's run away,” Phil blurted out.

“W-what?!” Dan sputtered.

“Yeah, let's run away together. You have me, I have you and my family's fortune, we can buy a house and live there together, far away from all this bullshit.”

“Phil, do you even hear what your saying?”

“Yes, Dan. I do. And it's the best idea I've ever come up with.”

“You mean the craziest?”

“Marry me, Dan,” Phil burst, holding Dan's hands in his own.

“Phil…” Dan's cheeks turned bright red.

“Please?” Phil brought their hands to his chest and pressed himself against the brunette, who swallowed audibly. He knew that Dan loved him as much as he did him. He just hoped he would say yes.

“O-okay.”

―――――――――――――――――――――――――

(I had to add this cute fanart at the end :) Art by @/thatfangirlwithoutalife on Tumblr)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3M 118K 65
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
288K 9.4K 56
When he denied his own baby calling her a cheater. "This baby is not mine." But why god planned them to meet again? "I would like you to transfer in...
152K 5.5K 90
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
149K 4.5K 48
matilda styles, will you be my valentine? (please reject me so i can move on) ⋆ ˚。⋆୨💌୧⋆ ˚。⋆ IN WHICH christopher sturniolo falls for nepo baby or...