Serious in Love ✔

By crescendo_s

What happens when a crazy boy and a crazy girl get in a relationship? When they have been crazy for as long a... More

Foreword
Prologue
1- "I'm home, dear husbando."
2- "Suck it up like we suck it up to our lives."
3- "Something's wrong with us."
4- "Breakup sex?"
5- "Our love hasn't gone- It has just lost it's way."
6- "We'll see who crushes who."
7- "Cos you're loud and whiny like a parrot."
8- "We call this air dancing, baby & its completely original."
9- "Good going, Baweja. Keep fantasizing about me."
10~ "Kinda like remixing an old song into a modern one."
11- "Let's get bored together. We'll be less bored that way."
12- "My interests are like a chameleon: changing and adapting."
13- "Take us to the Great Wall of China."
14- "I didn't empty my pockets to watch this shit."
15- "I need to cool down my crack- head."
16- "That's brutal love to its finest."
17- "The day when one of my dreams came true."
18- "I was simply messing with your lipstick."
19- "Love is like wine- Gets better with age."
20- "Beauty is always tainted."
21- "Only a bitch can bite another bitch."
Author's note
22- "Get the fuck out of my life."
23- "You're such a bad tease."
24- "I'm truly gonna miss you guys."
25- "Since when did cliches became a reality?"
26- "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas."
27- "Even a cupid has to work 24/7."
28- "You'll always be the one who got away."
29- "We are on the road to La la land."
30- "You'll always be my stupid."
31- "Nothing of this insanity makes sense to me."
32- "No matter where you go, or whom you be with, you'll never find me."
33- "One who bears the queen will have my heart."
34~ "Let's get engaged."
36~ "I'll treasure it for infinity, pun intended."
Epilogue (Part I)
Epilogue (Part II)
BONUS Chapter

35~ "Will you marry me?"

232 16 2
By crescendo_s

« VANSH »

One word, six letters— Crisis.

Major fucking crisis.

I had been very careful while sending out mass digital invitations to my friends. Ahana and I made sure to only include the ones who lived around the city, with the exception of Dhruv and Pragya. Yet, I failed. I accidentally invited Irfan. That's probably how Natasha got the good news. Not to mention the unexpected arrival of Lisa. This was almost like being pranked on our own prank. Was this a road runner show going on?

But that didn't matter to the matters of the present. I could feel it in the hairs of my skin. Feel the temperature rise at an alarming rate. If temperature had a physical form, the whole bar would have been burned into ashes by now. It had nothing to do with the female guest before me but with the one besides me. Ahana was accessing Natasha from top to bottom in a way that even the HR of a top government post wouldn't. Slowly she dragged (yes, dragged) her head to me, widening her eyes as if to say- 'So that's the bitch you put your dick into?' There was no doubt that she looked absolutely gorgeous in her silver lehenga dress and tiara but right now, she seemed no more than the ghost from the Ring. I visibly shuddered.

Natasha genuinely smiled at us, completely immune to Ahana's visionary attacks. Picking up the bouquet she previously kept on the table, she handed it over. “Congratulations on your engagement.”

I forced the muscles of my mouth to twitch. “Eh, thank you. Me- meet my soon- to- be fiancé, Ahana Mishra.”

Ahana who seemed ever so eager to meet her, jumped at the opportunity. She extended her hand to her with a wide, wide smile. “I do seem to recall you from those rare photos of Boston. You were his collegue, right? Of course you were haha! Anyway, nice to meet you, Na-ta-sha.”

My smile faltered.

Natasha's gaze flickered to me with her brow raised. Seriously? You realize it now. But instead of getting swallowed in her flames, she only rose above as she smirked at Ahana. “Oh, but I recall you very well, Ahana. You were all over his college pics. Not to mention the nth times he sulked over you at our lunch table those days.”

The temperature suddenly got a lot lower. “Excuse me?!”

Oi, don't provoke her, woman.

“Ah, I'm just kidding. Don't mind me. Likewise. It's nice to meet you.” Their hands touched. For a second though— like for a split second, I noticed Natasha's jaw clench as Ahana's grip became too strong to handle. Natasha chuckled.

“Vansh must be such a masochist to keep you around.” Before Ahana could even comprehend Natasha's words, she whispered loud enough for my unfortunate ears to hear, “Make sure you don't pluck out his jewels with that firm grip of yours.”

With a suggestive wink she walked away, leaving Ahana with her jaw wide open, and me with a major facepalm. Clearly hearing Natasha's comment caught her off-guard. I didn't blame her. You normally didn't say that to someone you just met. Then again, Natasha wasn't normal.

“So, Vansh Baweja. My precious baby. My one and only—” addressed a sweet, loving voice to my front that brought chills down my spine. I stole a glance at her and paled. Normally one wouldn't suspect anything from the way she was blissfully smiling at me but only I knew the real demonic face that was hidden behind that mask. It made me jump out of my own skin. Her hand reached out to rest at my neck, making me shudder. She pointed her other free hand towards Natasha who was drinking a glass of water. “Care to explain what this... this creature doing, breathing in the same space as us?”

“I- i cAn ExPlaIn...”

“Explain.” Her hand coiled around my neck and I swear my vision became white (even if she didn't do anything). She was going to be the death of me tonight.

I gripped a hand around her wrist to be better safe than sorry. I explained her what I knew but she didn't seem to buy it. So I did the only sane thing I could, to save myself from her sharp clutches. “You know what, I'm going to ask her myself. Be right back.”

And ran to the bar where her object of jealousy was.

In contrast to the hot headed Ahana, Natasha seemed as cool as a cucumber, seated cross- legged on the barstool with a glass of mocktail. She took one look at my sorry face and tched. “You're still as dickhead as ever.”

“You're the one to talk, you foul- mouthed bitch.”

We almost smiled. Almost, before I realized my place. I craned my head behind to spot Ahana talking to our college group. As if sensing my gaze from across the room, she turned her head towards my direction making me freeze on the spot. She pointed two fingers towards her eyes before pointing them to mine, as if saying- 'I'm watching you, dear'.

I pressed my lips inwardly.

“Why did you come?”

“Why, you ask?” Natasha popped out her mouth from the straw. She frowned at me as if I was being absurd for asking. “Because free food and fuck, baby.”

I almost fell off from my chair. “That's your excuse?”

“Well, yeah.” She shrugged like it was obvious. “I can say I came to see my ex friend getting hitched but that would be too generic. I can also say I came to act upon a silly promise but I wouldn't. Not when that stranger doesn't give two fucks about inviting me. By the way, I didn't plan on coming alone but that gluttony was running late so I didn't have a choi—”

“Irfan is coming?!” I practically yelled out loud enough for Natasha to cover her ears. I recalled what she said earlier and put on an apologetic face. “I'm sorry. I know I almost never stayed in contact with you but you know why. It was never because of you or me. I'm sure the reason must be blatantly obvious to you by now.”

“Uh- huh! I don't even need to look behind me. I could already sense an axe hanging over my head.”

“Fuck. Is she still watching over me?”

Natasha peered at Ahana's direction for a second before turning to me. “You bet she is.”

“Nat, I'm so sorry. Ahana isn't like this at all. I don't know what's gotten into her. I mean I know she would be insecur—”

“Then why do you have that cartoon like smile on your face?”

I tried to tone my smile down. I really did. Pressing my lips tight, I craned my head sideways towards Ahana again. Her expression reminded me of those nosy Aunties who would watch over their children's activities like a hound dog. I sank my head on the table, laughing quietly. “I always longed to see a green Ahana. I only witnessed that side once in Huntsville. She's the type who feels proud if someone shows an interest in me. But, now? Did you look at her? She looks so freaking cuute! I've never seen her this jealous in my entire life. The word is practically leaking out of her. Ugh, if only I could take a photo of her right now.”

Her nose crinkled in disgust. “You must be seriously whipped if you call that cute.”

“Ah, what can I say? That's just how love works. You know what? I'm glad you came. Keep making her jealous this way. Its not fair how she often sees my possessive side. I want to see hers, too.”

“Fine. It's not like I mind playing the villain in someone's love story. I don't mind at all.” She smirked then started mumbling to herself, “I wonder what kind of expression should I wear when she sees me? A sadistic smile or a creepy one. Or the kind we see in dramas.”

We may be talking about acting but what I did next, definitely wasn't acting. I literally squeezed the breath out of her lungs as I hugged her tight. I swear I heard someone shouting my name just now but I hardly cared. I grinned as Natasha glared at me. “I seriously missed that foul mouth of yours... Wait, that came out wrong, didn't it?”

“Unless you intend to bathe me in my own blood tonight.”

I placed my elbows on the table, shooting her a side glance, “But I really am glad you came, Natasha. I was elated to see you again. You haven't changed a bit,” I winked, “Neither did your sexy appeal.”

“Riiight~” She distanced away a bit, looking uncomfortable. “Maybe I shouldn't have come.”

I chuckled. I couldn't deny, she looked as attractive as ever but it was more of a compliment kind of thing. Not the kind where I would want to do something about it. I was long over that phase. Besides, I had more important things to worry about.

Since I was talking to Natasha after several months, I didn't bother to cut our conversation short this time. We had a really long talk about our professional and private lives, over mocktails and snacks. It seemed like she had her own share of problems (she didn't detail it much). Despite that, she was doing a lot better than before. I was a little disappointed to know that gluttony would be arriving tomorrow but maybe it was for the better. Knowing his lack of control when it came to food, who knows, he might have consumed half of the buffet by now. I was looking forward to spend time with both of my Boston collegues again.

~

« AHANA »

It was an unforgettable evening. The guests were enjoying themselves. The hosts were enjoying too with their beloved friends. Meeting unexpected friends was icing on the cake.

Props to you for being an idiot if you didn't catch my sarcasm here.

I wasn't far from the truth though. Everyone was having a good time. Except me. Imagine, I was meeting Dhruv, Liz and Pragya after a long time. They were right besides me, engaging in a conversation about distance between places but I was too worried about the distance between Vansh and that buttface over the bar. It was taking him insufferably long to find the answer behind her presence. What they were talking about while smiling so blissfully? Architecture? Their past? Or perhaps reminiscing the scandalous week they spent between the sheets?

“Ahana!” Liz called me, making me acknowledge their presence once again. She looked at me like the helpless little lamb I was and sighed. “Did you listen to what I said? It's like you're not even here.”

“How could I?” I turned to Vansh's direction for the hundredth time. “Oh my God, he's hugging her again. Did you see that? Did you?! How the hell can I concentrate on anything when the love of my life is flirting right under my nose?”

“Um, actually, he hugged me too.” Lisa intervened.

“Me too.” Pragya added.

“Me as well.” Dhruv shrugged.

“I don't care if he hugs you lot. Hell, I won't even care if he kisses you but that grey eyed wench is an exception.”

“I'll pretend I never heard that.” Dhruv grimaced and the girls agreed.

“'O look, she's blushing now...” mumbled Pragya behind me, making my insides churn. I was beginning to see red.

“Ah, I still remember how Vansh used to cry on phone saying how he couldn't stop thinking about her and her boob—

“Don't provoke her!” Liz slapped Pragya's and Dhruv's head as they tittered. Liz forced my shoulders to her side. “Hey, don't think about it. That was all in the past. A mere person can't change your future. Look at the brighter side. You're finally getting engaged after many years of togetherness..”

Yeah, about that...

Vansh returned thirty two agonizing minutes later. He wasn't alone, much to my horror. He introduced Natasha to our group and also talked about Irfan who would be joining us later. Natasha didn't stay with us for long (apparently my infrared radiations were starting to seep into her skin, yay!) but even after she was out of my sight, she wasn't out of our minds.
My mind was flooding with questions I wanted to ask Vansh. What was he thinking when he talked to her? Was he having indecent thoughts about her again? Maybe he found her more sexier than me. Maybe I seemed a little less attractive now. My subconscious was mocking me for possessing such childish thoughts. Deep down, I knew I was being irrational but hey, explain that to my immature heart first.

“Someone took their sweet time over there,” I turned to Vansh with my arms crossed. “I almost got the indication that you were about to elope.”

“Oh, An.” His shoulders sagged as he sighed, followed a helpless smile. He was about to speak to me when a long arm gripped around Vansh's neck, interrupting us mid-way.

“My bud. Do you know that you're the best friend I could ever ask for?” Dhruv complimented, sweetly, making all of us suspicious. We were right when his sweet expression transformed into a bitter one, “Agar tuje pata hai toh jaldi se meri setting karwa de usse (If you know then quickly set me up with her).”

“Wha— don't tell me to do anything, man. She's her own person. By all means, go and ask her for a drink.”

“But she's already looking like she's off limits.” Dhruv grumbled when Vansh answered 'yes'. He scowled at his best friend, hitting him. “Then how the hell did you manage to shag her off, you lucky bastard? You used to crack on phone all night but you never shared how—”

“This is not the time and place to be talking about this! Can't you read between the fuckin' lines?” Vansh  whispered through gritted teeth and shot an apologetic glance at me.

To make matters more aggravating, Aman approached Vansh for exactly the same reason as Dhruv. Not wanting to hear any more crap about that buttface, I slipped away from the scene. Seconds later, I heard footsteps closing in my direction.

“What?” My brows furrowed when Vansh called my name.

“An, come on... I like your jealousy but please stop making it seem like her presence matters to your life and future.” Two hands held my arms gently. When I looked into his eyes, they held nothing but affection. “Natasha and I were talking about our lives and joking like any two normal friends would. Nothing more, nothing less. Are we okay now?... Yeah, that's the spirit! Now, let's give some action to this party. You go to the stage and announce while I'll check the buffet. I'll join you soon.”

I sulked as he ushered me to smile. The little smile I forced with my lips broadened when he pulled my cheeks. “Pine, now 'et me guo.”

His teeth seemed more brighter under the lights. He turned around and parted with these words, “A- all the best, babe.”

Was that nervousness I sensed in his voice?

I tapped my cheeks, trying to snap myself. Steering clear of my thoughts that contaminated my mind earlier, I walked my way to the stage and stood in the middle of it. “Order, order!” I knew this wasn't the proper way to get attention but that wouldn't stop me from enacting the judge's lines. I repeated the lines while banging a wooden bowl with a spoon I took from the kitchen. “Silence. The judge is about to give his verdict.”

Soon the guests started dragging their heads to little old me. The spotlight was on me now. And just like that, the lights went off.

“Huh, what happened?” Someone murmered followed by a few other whispers and cheers amongst the audience. I was almost about to step down but it was pitch dark. Add to that, my smartphone wasn't in my possession. You took this too far, Vansh. Maybe I'll just shout at someone to direct their phone's flashlights at me.

I was about to part my lips to shout when I felt a hand covering my mouth. My whole body grew numb at the man behind me before my nose picked up the familiar perfume and I relaxed. I nudged him on the side, earning him a squeak. “You seriously surprised me there.”

“Well, surprising people happens to be my forte, miss Mishra.” He said in the magician Vansh way. He turned to the masses. “It's just a light out, guys! Wait for sometime!” I sensed him move to stand in front of me, taking my hand, or to be precise, my ring finger.

“What are you upto?”

“Slipping the ring, of course.”

“I thought we were supposed to do this in front of our victims,” I whisper shouted.

“I know babe, but imagine the shock when they see fake rings on our fingers. Besides, exchanging rings in the dark sounds much cooler, don't you think? Like we were doing something scandalous in front of everyone, yet nobody knows.”

Scandalous huh? I liked the sound of it. “Fine but be very quiet.”

“As you wish, Ma'am.” I saw the silhouette of him stepping back. He went the traditional way by going down on one knee while I giggled like a high school girl. I couldn't view him clearly but that didn't stop me from imagining the funny yet sexy smirk on his face. “Ahana Mishra— my best friend, my partner- in- crime, my soulmate. Will you marry me?”

My heart was beating erratically fast now. Suddenly the collective murmers in the room disappeared from my ears, giving life to Vansh's voice. He was all I could sense now. “There is nothing in the world that would make me more happier than saying, yes, yes, yes, I'll marry you.”

The ring slipped onto my finger faster than any command answered. He stood up, only to pull me in his arms and I hugged back, feeling all tingly inside. I gathered his face between my almost shaking palms and firmly pressed my lips to his. The kiss I got in return was full of love, want and promise. Funny how we were acting emotional to a proposal that was nothing more than a recital. Hell even the words were spoken in whispers. Then why the hell did it fell so incredibly real?

Admist our kissing and giggling, the lights came back to life, making our secret not so secretive anymore. We stood awkwardly as we witnessed an astounded audience before us. I suddenly felt very, very exposed.

“Did I just witness my sweet, little princess plunging her tongue down that bastard's throat?” Vishal asked ever so calmly. Honestly, he was exaggerating.

“We all did, unfortunately.” Xander said placing one reassuring hand on Vishal's shoulder and the other on his face.

More voices were heard saying that the sight of us wasn't what they traveled all the way for. My eyes swept across the victims, eventually landing on buttface. Noticing her gaze on us, I linked my arm to Vansh, snuggling closer to him. A triumphant smile escaped my lips. “Did you like our show?” Take that, bitch!

I may have said it in front of everyone but even my target knew it was directed at her. I squinted my eyes, watching for any possible signs in that mug face of hers. Nothing. Nothing appeared except her eyes were glinting with amusement. The line between her lips widened a little.

“Sweetheart, I've seen PDA that went a lot deeper than this, even in India. I was honestly expecting more.”

“I'm going to butcher her tongue and feed into dogs,” I whispered with gritted teeth while Vansh tittered.

“Hey, now, don't fret it. Just turn around.” He told me, making me turn with his arm that was draped around my shoulder. I did and saw a huge three layered black forest cake as expected.

I froze.

No, it wasn't because of the fake cake we had in possession. Nor were the guests and absolutely not the whole get up altogether.

It was my ring.

It was a perfect rose, golden ring with a sign of infinity in the middle. A short line of tiny diamonds adorned the ring where two circles met. 
The lights reflected on the diamonds made it look exquisite in my hand.

The ring was real.

⚫⚪⚫⚪⚫

A u t h o r s    N o t e

Haha looks like fake proposals weren't so fake after all.

Did you like Natasha's entry after a long time? What do you think of Vansh's proposal? More importantly, how will Ahana react? Please vote and comment.

Excuse me while I attend my friend's wedding (time flies so fast I swear) See you soon.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

605K 34.1K 38
[FEATURED]Thrown together on a one month long honeymoon, Vansh and Ahaana had to live under one roof in an apartment, away from chaos, to accept each...
19.6K 1.8K 72
" An Indian story background, but Non - Indians can easily connect with it." Ahana Kapoor and Arhaan Malhotra. Two best friends, who've been together...
44.1K 2.9K 36
"Does it ever drive you crazy Just how fast the night changes?.." "Yes...I agree i loved you crazily...maybe i still do...far more than crazily actua...
121K 9.1K 53
what will happen when two enemies who can't tolerate each other for a second will love each other,can't live without each other... let's see how ther...