the gods forbid [the walking...

By rickrogcrs

THE GODS FORBID THE WHITE GIRL HAD A FLAW THE GODS FORBID THE RICH GIRL TO BE HUNGRY THE GODS FORBID SHE KNEW... More

THE GODS FORBID
PART ONE
1.01
1.02
1.03
1.04
1.05
1.06
1.08
1.09
1.10
1.11
1.12
PART TWO
1.13
1.14
1.15
1.16
1.17
1.18
1.19
1.20
1.21

1.07

54 2 0
By rickrogcrs

A bag landed in front of her feet, surprising her.

"It's Merle's old bag, but he didn't have that much to begin with so there should be enough room for your things since you don't have much either," Daryl explained, making complete sense.

"Oh. Thanks," Opal thanked, and started to put all of her things in the eldest Dixon's bag.

Daryl didn't understand quite why Opal had hugged him. All she could have done was say thanks and the moment could be over with.

Opal sighed as she finished packing all of her things.

"Do you know how to take down a tent?" Daryl asked.

Opal laughed, if only Daryl knew how she had grown up, always wearing a dress, never wanting to play outside. She was one of the most polite and clean kids you would ever see.

"What?" Daryl questioned, feeling offended by Opal's laughter.

"Nothing! Just if you knew my while I was growing up you'd laugh too," Opal then started to explain why Daryl would have laughed.

After Daryl smiled, he didn't know if he would have laughed, but he smiled out of amusement.

"is all your stuff packed?" Daryl asked.

Opal nodded, she didn't have too much to pack, "you?"

"just about."

-

The duo walked into the middle of camp where ever one else was. Opal felt like she was stranded, there was barely anything around them. all the tents were down and it was cold.

"Let's get going." Rick announced.

"We're not going with." Morales announced, stepping forward.

Opal gasped, she wasn't close with Morales or his family at all, but she hated seeing people leave.

"We've got family in Birmingham. We've got to go to them. I hope you understand," he explained.

Opal frowned and looked to Daryl, his face emotionless. She understood why Daryl might be alright with Morales leaving the group. He did lock his only brother up on a roof.

Morales nodded towards everyone, smiling at Opal.

"It's Jim! He's bit!"

Opal's head turned faster than everyone else's. There stood Jacqui and Jim, her arm gripped on Jim's arm tightly.

Everyone started to stomp towards the two, angry that they were made aware sooner.

"I'm fine! It's just a scratch," he lied, the blood now visible on his tan shirt.

jim started to try to battle anybody that tried to touch him, yelling his head off about how it was 'just a scratch.'

Finally, T-Dog got behind Jim and pulled his arms behind his back so somebody could pull his shirt up to see the so called 'scratch'

Shane stomped close to Jim and pulled up his shirt. And his injury was definitely more than just a scratch. Blood dripped all around it and it started to look gross, infected maybe.

Rick, next to Opal, sighed and whispered a curse word next to her. He was slowly taking on the leader role and was stressing out over it. He used to be the boss when he was a police officer, so why not be the boss now?

"Let's put him the RV now," he said.

"No! Kill him and the ticking time bomb, now!" Daryl argued.

The ticking time bomb was Amy. Andrea had yet to shoot her in the head, she was a soon to be walker.

Rick tells Daryl that it was wrong and that he should not kill Jim or Amy.

Daryl huffed and stomped away to the woods.

Opal quickly followed him, not wanting him to do anything stupid while he was in his angered state.

Daryl could hear Opal's footsteps, even though they were very light, they were very loud, "why're you following' me, girl?"

Opal stopped walking, "I just want to make sure that you're not leaving."

Daryl faced Opal and saw her guilty face. "I'm not leaving'."

Opal nodded, "alright. Sorry."

"No need to be sorry."

"Okay, sorry," Opal said, cringing as it came out of her mouth. It was just a natural habit of saying sorry. Especially after her relationship with Jeremy.

Daryl sighed loudly and continued walking, "you comin'?"

Opal smiled and followed after the taller male.

Opal jumped as a voice came from Daryl's walkie talkie which was in his pocket, "Daryl, where you at?" It was Rick.

Daryl sighed and brought the device an inch away from his mouth, "we're in the woods, ya ready to leave?"

"Yeah. Andrea shot Amy, we got to bury her real quick."

Opal frowned, even though she hadn't known Amy long at all, she was nice to her and Opal would cherish their friendship.

"Alright," Daryl said, bringing the walkie back to his pocket. "You heard the man, let's get heading back."

Opal nodded, "you know the way back?"

Daryl scoffed, "of course, beauty queen."

Opal chuckled and followed Daryl back to camp.

After about 15 minutes of walking, they emerged from the bushes and joined the group at a freshly dug grave.

Andrea was trying to drag Amy's sheet covered body into the six feet deep hole in the ground. Opal could feel tears start to emerge in her eyes as she saw Dale try his hardest to help Andrea, who was declining his offer to help.

Opal could tell how heartbroken Andrea was over Amy's death. It shocked her that not even five years before she was in the same position. Her oldest brother, Dustin, had been hit by a drunk driver when Opal was only 17 years old.

Dustin and Opal was two peas in a pod. They were so close, they would tell eachother their deepest, darkest secrets and laugh about the gossip that was going around in their school. Dustin was only around a year older than Opal, but if anyone saw them, they'd assume they were twins.

Daryl looked down at Opal, "you okay?" he whispered.

Opal shook her head, bringing her hand up to her face and rubbing the tears out of her eyes.

Daryl grabbed her arm and directed to his truck. His jaw clenching when he saw his brother's motorcycle on the back of it.

Opal quickly sat herself in the passenger seat and Daryl sat in the drivers, "what's wrong?" he asked.

Opal swallowed a sob, letting her salty tears run down her face. She hated letting others see her cry, but Daryl was the only exception.

"YOu don't have to tell me. But you needed to cry, so I took you somewhere you could," Daryl explained, a little uncomfortable, he'd never been around a crying girl. He wished he could comfort her, but he had no clue on how to.

Opal nodded, "it's just, seeing Andrea dragging Amy's dead body into the grave, it just reminded me of my brother." She knew it was vague, but if Daryl really wanted to know more, he'd ask.

Daryl quickly assumed the worst had happened to her brother, "is he dead, or," he trailed off, feeling as if he was pressing into the weakened girls personal business.

Opal shut her eyes tightly, more tears spilling out of them, "when I was seventeen, he was in a hit and run. He didn't survive. We were just so close, I could only imagine how close Andrea and Amy were."

Daryl frowned, sad to hear that Opal was in such pain over a memory. He pulled her into a hug, the armrest in the middle keeping them apart, "I'm sorry," he muttered. He wasn't one for showing his emotions, especially to someone who was this new in his life. "Everything will be okay," he continued to try to help, probably failing miserably in his opinion.

Opal pulled away from the surprising hug, wiping her eyes. "It's just, I hadn't thought of him in months, he died five years ago."

Daryl nodded, he understood why she wasn't understanding why she was feeling this pain, even after such a long time. "It just means that you cared for him, hell, you still do care for him if you're still like this after five years." Daryl said, feeling a little insensitive.

Opal chuckled, "I don't know whether or not to take that as a compliment,"

Daryl laughed, knowing that she was joking around with him. "I'm gonna go back out there, see what's up with Rick and gang, you just stay here. Do what you need to do," he informed, stepping out of his truck and walking to Rick, who was speaking to Shane, both of their faces filled with annoyance.

The two men instantly stopped talking when Daryl joined. "Are we heading out soon?" he questioned.

Rick nodded, "yeah," he broke his glare with Shane. "Let's get going now."

Daryl nodded and noticed that a green, 3-door car was missing from all of the vehicles. It was Morales's car, Daryl knew that he wouldn't miss Morales at all, but he for sure knew that he could've been a good asset to the group, especially if they got hit with another group of walkers like that.

"Alright! Everyone! Let's head out!" Rick yelled, making sure everyone in the group could hear.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

554 46 18
𝐏𝐨𝐞𝐦 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐬? 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐚 𝐛𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐚𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐰 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐠𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐟 𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐥𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐢𝐭 𝐢...
78.5K 2.5K 37
The Walking Dead / Rick Grimes Efffys, 2024
225K 7.2K 65
𝐂𝐚𝐥𝐢 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐢𝐦𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐡𝐢𝐦. 𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐤𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐞�...
4.9K 150 11
❛ decisions were never enola's forte, but with it came freedom; from the restrictions of her childhood, of her history, of him. she was free to find...