Banshee

By BlakRyder

Banshee: Ember has always been the freak, the one who everyone avoided... That is until her mom sends her to... More

Chapter 1:
Chapter 2:
Chapter 3:
Chapter 4:
Chapter 5:
Chapter 7:
Chapter 8:
Chapter 9:
Chapter 10:
Chapter 11:
Chapter 12:
Chapter 13:
Chapter 14:

Chapter 6:

358 19 5
By BlakRyder

Chapter 6:

Dane opens the door for me again making me sigh in frustration. "You know I am capable." I mumble jumping down from his Ram.

"As am I." he states seriously closing the door behind me.

Walking up to the girls small country home I ask "Do you have a key?"

"She lives with her mother."

Surprised I turn to him asking slowly "Her mother?"

Dane frowns deeply looking into my eyes "Jennifer was only seventeen."

"Are all of them that young?"

Nodding he informs "They are all between fifteen to twenty."

"Fifteen?" I ask in disbelief stopping in my tracks.

Dane stops himself quickly before he can smack into the front of me. "Tanner was only fifteen." he informs with a small nod.

"They are all like you." I state simply knowing what ever is killing these kids does not like Danes species.

Dane nods once a little forced. Pursing my lips I go up to the door knocking once. A few seconds later its pulled open by an elder woman that just looks so worn out.

She unnaturally beautiful like Dane and his people but her tiredness is showing through that beauty.

"Dane." she greets with a slight bow confusing me.

I look from her to Dane before finally meeting her eyes. The woman's brown eyes widen largely before they fill with tears. "Are you going to tell me what killed my baby?"

Brining my brows together confused I ask "Did you daughter own a blue flower?"

Opening the door wider for us she allows us to come into her home. Instantly a vision of a small chocolate haired girl running from her daddy plays in front of me.

She giggles joyously as a large man stomps behind her making monster noises.

I laugh with the girl as the vision leaves loving how free the home feeled before the daughter was killed and the father tryed to kill himself.

Coming back to reality I look up to the two of them staring at me curiously. "Your husband has the blue flower."

The wife's face crumples and she looks to the ground. "Conner isn't seeing people right now."

Pursing my lips I state "He'll see me."

"We can try." she agrees motioning for me to follow her into her home and down a hallway.

She knocks once on a door but no reply sounds making her frown. "He won't talk to you." she informs wriously pushing the door open.

I step inside and shake my head no to Dane when he goes to follow me inside. Before he can protest I slip inside the dark room and close the door behind me.

I stand there for a second and allow my eyes to.adjust to the darkness before I finally see where I am.

Its a teenage girls room with flowers and posters all over the walls and decor. Looking to the bed I see the large man from the vision seated on the side of the bed with his shoulders slumped in sadness.

The man is still large as in tall but the muscle that used to grace his body and the strong presence that used to make him is slowly slipping away.

"You're loosing yourself." I inform making his head snap up toward me.

His vacant yellow eyes stare back at me making me curious as to how they are yellow and no longer blue. "A few more weeks of this and you'll die."

Plainly he just stairs at me letting me know that he wants to die. His baby is gone and he feels like he can't continue on.

Going over to the bed I set beside him and put my hand in my lap as I look to the wall in front of me. "I'm going to what happened to your daughter." I inform looking over to him.

"What do you need?" he agrees hoarsely, allowing me to hear he hasn't talked in a very long time.

"A blue flower."

Crumpling his face up he allows a single tear to roll down his face before he looks down to his fisted hand. Slowly he opens it and allows me to see a small blue rose pendant on a golden chain.

"I gave it to her on her Eighth birthday." he informs slowly dropping it into my opened hand.

As soon as it falls everything from her eighth birthday on plays through my head. Not one of them really mattering until we get to her last days.

When the dark force slices her throat I gasp wanting to come out of the vision but I push on in hopes to save the lives of more children and her father.

Slowly the darkness leans down to the blood sealing our of her neck and sucks out a blue hue I identify as her essence.

Coming back I drop the rose back into the fathers hand and rise up about to leave. Before I can take a step he grabs onto my wrist surprising me.

"What did you see?" he demands letting some power into his voice.

"I'll be needing your help." I inform seriously looking him over. "You'll need to get out of this room and get your strength back if you want to live long enough to help me find the killer."

He just looks to me plainly making me tug my wrist out of his grip. I give him one last look and then shakey head with pursed lips as I open the room door.

Silently I walk past the mother and to Danes truck getting in. He says something to the mother before coming to the truck as well.

Its silent for a few moments as he gets into the truck. He pulls off and toward my house before finally saying anything. "What happened?"

Looking out of the widow ahead of us I just sit there silently not yet ready to talk about all I seen.

I hate being able to see things but it gets even worse when I have to talk about it with people.

Allowing me to have my time Dane sits silently as he drives to my house. Once we get there I rake my sunglasses frombhis cupholder and slip them onto my face before slipping out of the truck.

"Ember!" he calls just as I hear his door shut.

Pulling my keys out of my back pocket I unlock the door trying to ignore him but the closer to me he gets the harder that seems to be.

"You don't want to talk about that I understand, but I can't just leave you here alone after something like that." he states seriously as I stick the key in the lock and twist.

Keeping it there I stare down at my hand stating "I've been by myself with this for eighteen years. I think I'll be okay."

"I'm still not leaving you alone." he states deeply making me sigh as I open the door.

"My daddy will be back in a few hours."

"I'll stay with you until then." he agrees making me roll my eyes in annoyance.

"I don't need a baby sitter." I snap turning toward him.

Raising his hands in surrender he confesses "I'm not trying to baby sit you little."

Throwing my hands up in the air I exclaim "What do you want Dane, I have nothing you could want."

"I've already told you what I want little." he informs watching me closely.

Amused I give a small chuckle as I turn toward the kitchen. "You don't want me Dane."

Grabbing my wrist he pulls me around to him. Quickly he takes the sunglasses off of my face so he can look into my eyes. "You don't know what I want Little."

Looking him in his black eyes seriously I state "I am broken and confused, you don't want me."

Cupping my face in both of his large hands he places his lips on mine.

Shocked I pull away from him and smack him across the face making the sting of it echo through the large silent house.

Dane looks to me surprised for a few seconds before he goes to open his mouth. "I dese-" he starts only to be cut off when I place my lips on his.

We kiss for a few seconds before I once again pull away and walk the rest of the way to the kitchen.

Ignorng his powerful presence behind me I open the fridge and get out a cherry coke.

"You can't ignore that Little." he states when I go to pass him.

"Ignore what?" I ask childishly as I go into the living room.

Setting down beside me on the couch he states "We have something."

"You're delusional." I inform as I pick the remote up off of the coffee table.

"Look at me and tell me that." he demands making me sigh.

Turning my face toward him I look into his vast black eyes stating slowly "You're delusional, there is that better?"

Grabbing my face with one of his hands he places his lips to mine again instantly getting a reaction from me.

I kiss him back slowly enjoying the fact that he doesn't find me creepy. He wants to see my eyes and know what I see. It's weird but not entirely new because my daddy does the same thing.

"We have something." he states again resting his forehead against my own when he pulls away to prove his point.

"Do you always have to talk?" I ask with an eye roll as I pull away from him.

"To you yes." he states seriously watching me as I set back on the couch and flip through the channels. "So you're just going to ignore it?"

"I didn't say that." I mumble looking over to him. "I don't even know what you are let alone what is going on with me. I'm not worried about finding love and all that crap Dane."

"You've already found it." he states confidently making me sigh again. "You don't have to look Ember I'll always be here."

"You're stupid." I accuse looking over to him with heated eyes. "You don't know what you are saying."

Gripping my face in between both of his hands he looks me in the eyes seriously stating "I know more than you think Little. I'm here, when ever you need me." he leaves a delicate kiss on my for head making me blink my eyes closed in slight bliss.

Feeling his hands leave my fave and his weight leave the couch I open my eyes to see him making his way toward the door.

Frowning I watch him do for a second before I look back to the television straight faced.

"You don't need him." I mumble to myself as I look to the television not really seeing the picture.

Hearing the door close I look back toward it frowning deeper. He said he was going to be there.

Getting off the couch I rush to the door and pull it open. Surprised I just look over his back as he sets on the porch step.

"I said I wasn't going to leave you here alone." he states not turning toward me.

"People lie." I mumble running my fingers through my hair.

Dane turns the upper part of his body toward me looking back at me seriously "I'll never lie to you Ember."

Signing deeply I move away from the door and set down on the step beside him.

Resting my hands in between my thighs I clamp them together as I look out across the large yard. "You should be creeped out by me."

Dane snorts making me look over to him curiously. Instantly my eyed connect with his showing me just how serious he is.

"You are the most beautiful creature I have ever lay eyes on Little, for anyone to be creaked out by you they'd have to be blind."

Amused I state "There are a lot of blind people out there then."

"Seriously Little, I speak truth." he states making me nod slowly in agreement.

"Your eyes hold so much." I whisper taking my eyes away from his. I look down to my hands trying to avoid the truth and feelings I see in them.

I don't want him to choose me when there are so many normal people out there that would love to have him.

Rising from my seat on the porch I mumble "I'm going to go to bed."

Dane rises as well giving me a once over before offering "I can stay with you until you sleep."

Quickly I turn away from him so he doesn't see him much that offer effected me. Face crumpled I give a small shake of my head before I rush into the house and to my room.

Closing the door quickly I sit down resting my back against it.

Bringing my knees up to my chest I lay my head on my knees and just think about his eyes and all they hold.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

301K 11.4K 24
For Keira, finding her true mate, should be one of the most exciting time of her life. But what happens when it doesn't turn out as she expected. Or...
140K 7.7K 12
Luna's have gone extinct. Since birth, you could smell a Luna who was going to one day meet their Alpha mate from miles away. Everyone had forgotten...
3.1M 138K 44
****COMPLETED**** "You're driving me crazy," I growled, dropping my hand down to her waist then around to her lower back, sucking her earlobe into my...
73.7K 5.9K 48
Book 5 in Elder series Red is both on the run and looking to settle down. After escaping her previous pack and brainwashed, now rejected mate, her ta...