𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐯𝐚𝐭𝐚𝐫'𝐬 𝐛𝐢𝐠...

By rwajahat

the avatar's big sister // legend of korra ――✧・゚: *✧・゚:*―― ❝ there was something hidden inside those sharp sa... More

« 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐕𝐀𝐓𝐀𝐑'𝐒 𝐁𝐈𝐆 𝐒𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑 »
──── 𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 : 𝐎𝐍𝐄
001. the beginning of it all
002. the awaited test of fire
003. a journey of a lifetime
004. welcome to republic city
006. wrongfully arrested
007. air temple island
008. probending time!
009. a leaf in the wind
010. a new threat
011. the fear within
012. romance and heartbreaks
013. and the winner is. . .
014. the aftermath
015. team avatar arises
016. where's korra?
017. turning the tides
018. the final battle
019. a world with no avatar?
──── 𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 : 𝐓𝐖𝐎
001. festival time!
002. rebel spirit
003. an awaited confrontation
004. rough times ; parts one & two
005. realizations ; parts one - three
006. worst nightmare
007. before the beginning
a/n
008. secrets revealed ; part one

005. triads and mishaps

11.6K 341 35
By rwajahat

THE AVATAR'S BIG SISTER .

── ☆ ☆ ☆ ──

𝐌𝐘 attention constantly darted left and right, taking in the amazing view of Republic City. Sato Cars and tall buildings galore. You really couldn't find this amount of modern luxury back in the Southern Water Tribe. Korra and I were walking down a crowded street, trying to find a path that lead to Air Temple Island before noticing Naga curiously sniffing the ground, as if she was picking up a certain scent.

"Naga, wait!" Korra called after at the dog, who suddenly ran off. We caught up to the massive beast who was buried inside a tent selling delicious treats. With a taken aback yelp, I hurriedly rushed up to her and pulled on her leash. 

"Naga, stop!" I grunted, pulling the heavy polar bear onto the sidewalk. "Bad girl!"

She whimpered, putting her head down with her black beady eyes glimmering with sorrow. My bottom lip jutted out, cupping her snout as I cooed with a high-pitched voice, "I can't be mad at you, you little cutie!"

"Well since we're here, we should get something to eat." Korra suggested, approaching the booth as I yelped once again when the huge polar bear-dog happily licked my face. 

"We'll take. . ." she paused, curiously scanning the steaming snacks displayed on the wooden table. "One of everything, please!"

 "Alright," The seller replied dryly. "That'll be eighty yuans." 

Her eyes widened and quickly glanced at me with a sheepish smile. With a tired sigh, I digged my hands into the pockets of my skirt and miraculously pulled out a button. She turned to the seller and nervously laughed, "We don't have any money." 

The seller's eyes widened in shock, her thin lips tugging down into a scowl. "Then what good are you to me?!" She hurriedly shooed us away, leaving us empty handed and hungry.

☆      ☆      ☆

Thanks to a homeless man named Gommu, we found some fish at a nearby river in the park, but who knew that fishing wasn't allowed in Republic City? 

A little later, Naga, Korra and I were walking around through the park, occasionally taking worrisome glances behind our shoulder for any signs of the policeman that had chased us away for our illegal fishing when suddenly, we heard a man shouting from afar. 

We curiously followed the voice to a protester standing on a platform that was placed in front of a poster of a masked figure that instantly brought me the chills. 

"Are you tired of living under the tyranny of benders?" he questioned with a megaphone, attracting people towards him. "Then join the Equalists! For too long, the bending elite of this city have forced non-benders to live as lower class citizens. Join Amon, and together we will tear down the bending establishment!"

"What are you talking about?" Korra scoffed with confusion. "Bending is the coolest thing in the world!" 

"Let me guess: you're a bender." The protester said, unimpressed. "Then I bet you'd just love to knock me off this platform with some waterbending, huh?"

She quickly retorted, "I'm seriously thinking about it!", making me put a calming hand on her shoulder and advised, "Woah, calm down! Just let him go." 

The protesters looked on at the crowd of listeners with a bitter expression. "This is what's wrong with this city! Benders like this girl only use their power to oppress us!" 

The crowd's gaze shifted over to us and started to shout things like "Yeah!" and "Get outta' here!". 

Korra's eyes widened, baffled. "What? I'm not oppressing anyone! You're—you're oppressing yourselves!" 

The protester snickered, "That didn't even make sense."

I shook my head and sighed, "Let's just get out of here."

☆         ☆          ☆

Korra and I found ourselves lost, which obviously makes sense since we're not from here. I shook her shoulder, looking straight in front of us. "Hey, look." There was an elderly woman and man who were fixing up their shop. "Let's ask them for directions."

"Excuse me, I think we're lost. How do you get to Air Temple Island from here?" Korra asked the old lady as we approached the couple.

"Just down straight this road." she replied sweetly.

Just before we were about to thank her, a satomobile drove in front of a shop. Three shady men came out, the elderly lady beside us started to shake in fear. "You ladies should get moving. It isn't safe here." she silently referred to the men who stepped out of the car. 

We watched curiously as they approached a phonograph vendor. "Mr. Chung, please tell me that you have my money," The man in the middle of the trio smiled slyly. "Or else I can't guarantee I can protect your fine establishment."

"I'm sorry, business has been slow." The vendor was trembling as he turned to pick up a phonograph. "P-please, take one of my phonographs." 

The man in the middle frowned and gestured to the bukly man next to him. "My friend here isn't a music lover. Give me the money or else—"

This doesn't look good, I thought fearfully to myself as I watched the scene enfold. "Korra, let's get out of—Korra?!"

Korra, who I assumed was right beside me, was gone. Suddenly, I heard a very familiar voice.

"Or else what, hoodlum?"

A sigh filled with annoyance escaped my lips as I spotted her, who was confidently standing in front of the gang. 

"Just who do you think you are?" The leader asked with a snarl plastered across his thin lips.

"Why don't you come and find out?" she smirked, cracking her fists. Suddenly, the Leader bended a water bullet straight to Korra, which she easily stopped using one hand and sended it right back to the gangster. He lost his balance and stumbled in front of Korra. Two seconds later, he was on the ground unconscious.

meanwhile. . .

"Man. This fight is intense. Some popcorn with fish flakes would be really nice right now."  I said out loud. I turned to the scared couple next to me. "So...you guys have some popcorn?"

 "T—this is a music shop." 

"Oh—Yeah, no, of course! I was just messing with you." I lied sheepishly, clearing my throat at the sudden uncomfortable tension around. "Wow, this is awkward." I muttered against my teeth, turning away and started whistling hesitantly. 

Then, I heard the couple gasped. "What just happened?" The man asked, his tone sounding in disbelief.

I immediately turned to face them. "Huh?" 

"Did that girl just earthbend?!" The elderly man asked, making my eyes widened as my attention immediately changed when the earth bender crashed into a nearby building, smashing into the glass window and tumbling inside. Then, a firebender aggressively bended a fireball at Korra, which she easily deflected.

"She can firebend too?" The old woman eyed the old man, communicating something. "Could she be. . . ?" 

Great, just what we needed, I thought to myself, mentally slapping my forehead. People finding out she's the damn Avatar and gaining more attention. I thought we made a promise to keep her title quiet for her protection before we arrived here!

As I silently prepared plans to murder Korra, she threw the fire bender at a nearby store window. She slowly walked up to the man with an arrogant chuckle, who was failing to stand up. "Got an idea of who I am now, chumps?"  

But then, a roar of a satomobile made Korra look right, finding out that the gangsters are escaping.

"No, Korra, just leave them—" I quickly trailed my plead into a tired groan as I watched her flex her arms and sent a piece of earth their way, which catapulted them in the air and crashed at a nearby store. She approached them and putted her hands to her hips, proud that she defeated those no-good criminals.

I ran up to Korra and slapped her shoulder, making her yelp. "Spirits, what is wrong with you?!"

"What?" she drawled innocently, rubbing her shoulder. "I couldn't just stand there and do nothing!"

"I get that you were trying to help, but was using all three elements really necessary?!—"

I was interrupted by a sound of an alarm coming from the sky. "Police! Freeze where you are!" A voice from an airship intercom boomed. A pile of metal benders then jumped out of the airship to the ground in front of us.

"Metal benders!" I exclaimed excitedly, instantly forgetting my anger towards my little sister as I watched the metalbenders land onto the ground with a thud.

Did I ever mention I love the art of metal bending. I mean, who doesn't?

"We caught the bad guys for you officers." Korra told one of them proudly. 

"Arrest them!" The officer gestured to the gangsters, before turning to us sternly. "You guys are under arrest too." 

The bright grin I had instantly dropped, staring at the male officer with widened eyes. 

"Wait, what?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20K 695 20
As thunder clashes and waves crash against his ship, Zuko and his Uncle Iroh discover a mysterious girl discovered adrift in the treacherous waters...
343K 13K 25
Sam has been thrown into the world of the Avatar. After being tossed back and forth between the Gaang and her kinda-ish boyfriend, Zuko, she's now ba...
2.4K 170 7
❝ You're not just the Avatar, Korra, you're my big sister, too! I have a duty to protect you, too! ❞ ⠂⠄⠄⠂⠁⠁⠂⠄⠄⠂⠁⠁⠂⠄⠄⠂ ⠂⠄⠄⠂☆ Kiara, the younger sister...
274K 6.8K 36
Kya, Sokka's twin, and Kataras's older sister. She holds a cold glare to everyone around her, often being misunderstood. She sensitive but holds a f...