Bound To The King (The Moving...

By Passions2Write

Called to the Royal Court to find out if she's Luke Kingston's mate, Sophie's devastated to learn that, in fa... More

Copyright Information
After The Storm Hit
Bound To The King
The Runaway Mate
A Glass To Friendship.
One Look, One Touch
Secrets Uncovered.
Not So Official Outing
Cloned
Compatible
He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not.
New Friendship and Slowly Moving On.
Luke's Happy Ending.
The Angel Kiss
Something Old, Something New.
Angel of Death.
Temptation
The Date Night
When You Know You Found The One....
Epilogue
Something Old, Something New.
Epilogue
New Book in Series

The End Is Near.

2.4K 115 6
By Passions2Write

**Not Edited**

Chapter Ten – The End Is Here.

It has been a month since I spoke or seen Luke. I missed him at first I will not lie but over time, the pain soon went after two weeks and by week three I felt free almost happy again. I realised Luke has been added baggage it sounds horrible, but being single for the last two weeks made me feel much better. I also made a new friend, when he rang me the day after I completely forgot that I gave him my number.

His name was Ben and he seemed nice, for some reason he never wants to meet my parents. I have no idea why. Before leaving the house to meet him, I had this urge to check on Luke's Facebook page. I logged into Facebook and I felt sick when I saw all these girls commenting on his page.

Thanks for last night babe. I really enjoyed myself. I put the laptop down and nearly threw it through the damn window. I did not feel any pain so I wondered if he did anything, well he is single now so he can do as he wants. All he needs to do is reject me and he can move on. I stood up and walked out of the door to meet Ben.

When I saw him near the beach, I waved at him. He walked up to me and hugged me. As I broke away from him, I smiled at him.

“Sorry I am late.” I muttered feeling stupid. I am normally really organized until today of course. He smirked at me.

“It’s okay. I haven’t long come here myself.” That made me feel better knowing he did not wait for me that long. “I was thinking we could do something fun today? There is a fortune-teller in town. What do you think?” He asked me smirking. As his dimples showed, I giggle to myself. He flicked his blonde hair back.

“That does sound like fun, you need a haircut. If you don’t, you might look like a woman at this rate.” As he led me to the fortune-teller. He mocked me.

“I think I would make a good woman.” I smiled to myself.

“Nice to know that you thought about being a woman.”

“Very funny. We are here. Who should go in first?” Ben asked.

“You should go first.” I was nervous, so he can be the man and walk in first.

I was waiting for twenty minutes when he came out looking annoyed, something she said did not go down well with him. In less than two minutes, she came and collected me. She looked at Ben and pointed her finger at him, “Don’t even think about it. I know your type.” I stared at him in confusion while she dragged me inside and shut the door.

“My name is Tiffany and you must be Sophie.” As I nodded, she rolled her eyes, “Interesting.” She said looking at me.

“What is interesting?” She was not looking at my hands or any cards just at me.

“I am a witch, little werewolf. You are stuck between a hedge and a rock. The hedge being your true mate, the King and the rock is his brother. You should be careful though, only the good go to heaven.” Like what? I do not even know how to respond to that if I am honest. I just stared at her. The good only go to heaven - what? She has really confused me. I have no intention of dying today.

“You are well off Tiffany, I have never met Luke's brother and the good go to heaven. That doesn’t make sense.” I said, looking at her.

“Angels go to heaven.”

“I’m a werewolf, where do they go?”

“Angels go to heaven.” I got up and chucked a five-pound note on her lap and walked off. She is such an idiot. I stormed off to Ben and walked out. She is just a fraud. Everyone knows angels exist, but they do not mention it.

“What did she say?” He asked me. He looked nervous looking at me.

“Are you Luke's brother?” I asked suddenly. Something she said about a rock and a hedge, she made it out as if I knew him. Was Ben his brother?

“Yes.” My heart just stopped. All this time I have been with a murderer. I stepped back and looked at him. He looked nothing like Luke that is how I did not notice. I was so stupid.

“Please don’t be scared of me. I would never hurt you, if I wanted to I would have by now, but I did not.” I stayed still judging him. It was true, he has not hurt me.

“That day in the castle you hurt me…”

“I am sorry, but that one of my men. I just needed to hurt him. He does not care about you, really, if you were my mate, I would have never let you go that day. What type of person allows you to catch a car and then a train when he knew I was out there. Think about it Sophie.” It was true, I was more in danger of being by myself than I was when I was with him. He let me go and did not even go with me to make sure I was okay. My head, though said he had mentioned he would not chase after me.

“I am willing to give you a chance to explain your side, but if I so much see a lie. I am out of here and I will never speak to you again.” benefit of the doubt is all he needed. He walked ahead and sat on the bench looking out of the sea. I sat further across from him.

“My father had a mistress, my mother. She was not his mate, but someone to keep him warm at night. Once I was born, he became more loving towards her until Luke's mother died. I don’t know what happened in the middle as I was sent away to boarding school. That is where I met my own mate, Sylvia. She was so bloody beautiful I still remember when I first saw her. She was perfect, but my father hated the idea of any of his children having a mate so he killed her, she was one month pregnant with my baby. I was heartbroken I lost two people in one single moment and I was determined to hurt everyone that he cared about. Then I met you and I realised I could not hurt you.” Looking out at the sea, I felt the cold hit me and the truth of his side of events made me feel ill. I looked back to Ben and sighed to myself.

“Why did you not hurt me? I would be perfect bait.” I replied feeling confused.

“Luke knew I would reach out to you. You were bait to him not me. He knew what he was doing that day. He claimed to love you and yet he always hurt you. I never once hurt Sylvia. I treated her like a princess, the big question is does he treat you like his princess.” He built me a garden that was sweet.

“In the garden, he built me a garden.” I quickly replied.

“That garden was built for my mother. He just probably redecorated it. How is Annabella?” Her name made me feel sick and that was not a good sign.

“How do you know about her?”

“Everyone knows about Annabella, the great King whore. The one before Luke of course.” Wait! Annabella and Luke's father.

“You are kidding, right?” I was amazed and gob smacked.

“Deadly serious.”

“Wow.” He was telling me more than Luke told me in the past couple of months. Luke could not be honest, if it hit him in the face.

“Thank you for being honest Ben. Thank you also for not killing me.” That bit I really did mean though. He was right, he had perfect chance to kill me and he has not.

“I don’t use women as weapons.”

“Can we still be friends?” I asked him. I know Luke would be furious, but I feel safe with Ben. He smiled at me.

“You still want to be my friend?” He looked amazed.

“Of course. If you don’t mind.” He hugged me and I hugged him back. I stood up and walked back to the beach when Ben stopped. He started to do his shoes up. I saw two people walking towards me, they were all in black with sunglasses on. It was pretty hot actually, I should have worn mine. As I looked back around, Ben was still doing his shoes. I turned back around and I jumped when I saw how close they were to me.

“Are you Sophie Cross?” The one asked me.

“Yes, why?” I asked.

“I have a message from Annabella.” Why would she send me a message. We are not close whatsoever.

“Um, okay.”

“Let’s see if he is still faithful to you because I do not think he will be.”

“What?” I asked him to repeat I looked back to Ben. He looked at the two men in front of me and started to run towards us. As I looked back, I felt something being stabbed into me. As I looked up at them, my mouth opened when I felt the blood pouring out of me onto the floor. I looked down when I saw something in my stomach. As the pole left my stomach, I felt my breath go slower and my heart was racing, I fell into Ben’s arms. I looked up at him when I saw him crying. Why was he crying? I will be fine.

“Shh.” I whispered when I closed my eyes for the final time that day.

Four Weeks Later (Third Person).

“We are here for the funeral of Sophie Cross. Would anyone like to say anything else?” He asked. As Hunter stood up, he walked up tall and proud. He was proud of his little girl. That little girl who begged for a hot chocolate.

“Thank you for being here today. It has been four weeks since someone took away my daughter. It has been four weeks knowing I will never see my baby girl again. She was only eighteen when she died and for that, I will never forgive them. You know who you are.” As Hunter stood down, he looked at Sophie's mate Luke. He had tears running down his cheek. He loved her, but not enough to save her.

Once the funeral was over. Ava and Hunter walked with their daughter Megan. As Megan walked past Luke, she looked at him with disgust and hatred. He is the reason her sister is dead. Her poor sister did not stand a chance as the pole exited through her, causing most of her bones to break. She would have died in pain. The man in question killed himself after the death of Sophie.

“It should have been you.”

“Everyone loves you I guess.” Gabriel told her. She paused and watched the crowd gather. Why was there so many people.

“Everyone apart for him.” She whispered. Luke and Sophie bond was broken, the moment she died. This meant Sophie could choose to live with or without him. “Why me?”

“Only the good go to heaven.” He informed her. The teller was right.

“When do I see them again?” She asked him. He was her leader until the time he dies, which is unlikely. He paused and looked at her.

“You could leave anytime you want to Sophie. You are probably not dead yet. The good cannot die,”

“So, I could see him.” She asked him. As he nodded, she took his hand and he led her into the bedroom. His bedroom. They were invisible. No-one knew they were there. The image in front of her made her cry. Luke was with a new woman. She was his mate. His new one. They were speaking about her. Sophie listened carefully.

“Do you miss her, your ex mate?” The woman asked him. He paused for a moment.

“She is a distant memory these days.” It has only been four weeks since her death. Sophie looked at Gabriel, who sighed.

“Does he mean that?” She asked him.

“Yes. It was never true love just a bond created through your werewolf side. You have the chance to meet someone new. Someone who can love and adore you as the queen you are meant to be. Don’t ever settle for second best, angels don’t ever settle for second best.”

“Do I have to leave yet?” She asked.

“You will have to do soon enough. Your parents will need you and your sister. You must also practice your new powers and about him. Your ex mate, leave him to drink himself silly, leave him to be with his new mate.”

“The war is it...?”

“Off, there is no war anymore. Ben has gone out of the country after you died. He was the one who really cried for you. Come, my child, let me lead you into the light.” Sophie looked at him worried.

“Does that mean I will die forever?” She asked him.

“It means you will wake up alive, but as an angel.” Before she could protest. Her body started to break into small pieces. Her wings got to widen as she flew out of heaven and back into the graveyard. She needed to be reunited with her body.

 ______________________________________

As Sophie woke up. It was dark and lonely. She felt the dirt underneath her nails and dirt falling on her face. She looked around and saw she was in a box. Why was she in a box.

“Hello, can anyone help me.” She screamed out when she started to bang the box for the dear life, "I'm alive, please help me."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.5K 228 27
The second book to the all-loved Alphas Mate novel. Mikayla is the daughter of Krystal Stevens. She had no idea how much that one fact will cost her...
166K 4.6K 22
Victoria has always had a hard time in life, and being the only Deaf girl in her town is no walk in the park. She has no friends and barely has a fam...
120K 3.6K 21
He hated her but could not resist her. She loved him but had to resist him. Will they fall in love or will they be the end of each other? **Book-2 i...
636K 15.3K 25
The Alpha King people describe him as ruthless, cruel, intimidating, aggressive, killer and just plain awful. I didn't see it though, when I first me...