The Game of Life

By Silver_Eris

After the Civil War of 2575, which two sides fought over the right to test any experiments on live human bein... More

Chapter 3: Teams, Fights, and Embarrassing Moments
Chapter 5: Manga, "Goodbyes", and Affinities
Sorry, Not An Update (Rewriting this story)

Chapter 4: Cosplay, Reptiles, and Amnesia

11 1 2
By Silver_Eris

Wynona's POV

Cole and I wandered around, looking for something suspicious, or something to kill, or something that might kill us. Isn't life fun?

We came across a white, glowing door that showed off real easily and had a symbol of a piece of clothing. Something suspicious!

"Why of all objects would this have a symbol of clothes?" Cole asked, squinting his eyes in confusion and holding up his hands like the symbol was pointless.

"It's probably just there to trick us or something." I said simply. Before he could say anything, I had my hand on the door and yanked it open. I was expecting a monster, or one of those freaky mutants that way too cheerful guy said on the speaker. But what I saw was probably one of the best moments of my life.

Cole's POV

I watched Wynona pump a fist in the air and walk through the door. Seeing her do that, I knew it probably wasn't good since she's excited for this.

"Check this out!" She said, eyes wide with a huge smile on her face.

"What is it?" I said, not wanting to know what she thought was so great. I walked over to the door and stood next to Wynona. I looked over in the direction she was staring.

I saw ten doors placed around the circular room. On the left side, there were five pink doors and on the right side there were five blue doors. Female and male, I guessed.

Wynona ran to a pink door immediately, jumping inside and slamming the door shut before I could say anything.

I stood there awkwardly. It was quiet and there was nowhere to sit and my feet hurt like crazy. I hated walking around this place. Is was stupid as hell we were here to fight each other to the death. What was the point?

A girl wearing all red and her black hair spiked up. She looked like she just walked out of a convention for otaku's. Don't ask how I now what an otaku is. I don't even watch anime, so don't get a big head!

"Hey, you should totally check this out Cole!" The girl said. Wait... was that Wynona?!

"Wynona, what the heck are you dressed as?" I said, totally weirded out by her outfit.

"I'm cosplaying as Kallen from my favorite anime ever! Code Geass for life!" She shouted excitedly while pumping her fist in the air. Then she looked really looked excited.

"No way Wynona! I'm not cosplaying with you! I'm not even into that stuff!" I said backing away. She is not making me wear ridiculous anime character clothing!

She grinned evilly and ran back through the door. I sighed and laid my back against the wall. Two seconds later, she came back out with a pile of clothing and a comb. She looked at them like she was inspecting something. Then she unexpectedly threw the clothing in my face.

"Get dressed! I want to see this!" She said rubbing her hands like an evil scientist. 

"Fine. If it means we get out of here quicker." I sighed reluctantly. I turned around to one of the blue doors to get dressed in. I'm totally going to regret this...

Panic's POV

I couldn't believe I got put with these two love birds.

Cameron and Kyra were talking to each, nonstop stuttering and blushing. God, it was disgusting! After I saw them kiss, I was happy for them. But now that they were being lovey dovey to each other, I wanted to stab my ears out with a knife. Kind of like how Rika Furude from Higurashi No Noku Koro Ni took a knife right when Shion Sonozaki was about to kill her and stabbed herself like fifty times to the head. Smart kid. I'd rather of committed suicide than have someone murder and torture me.

Did I spoil something for you? Sorry, my inner otaku came out.

My head was ducked down and I had two fingers in my ears. I couldn't stand listening to those two. What if they were talking about what to name their children? God, someone kill me!

I felt a tap on my shoulder. I looked to see Kyra holding hands with Cameron. Barf.

"Panic, Cameron wants to know about your life before we ended up here. I'd tell him myself, but I don't know either." She said. "Now that I think about it, you never seem to talk about your past."

I looked down. "I don't remember."

"What?"

"I don't remember!" I said more harshly than I intended to. "I have amnesia; I don't remember a thing before I was twelve."

There was dead silence when I screamed that.

"Come on. We have to keep walking." I said surging forward.

Kyra's POV

I felt bad for asking Panic about her past life.

I've never seen her so angry. That murderous glint she had in her eyes, one that would cause her to kill us if we pressured her more.

We stayed quiet the whole time, none of us talking and Panic walking ahead of us. Shit, I never knew the girl had amnesia. I thought to myself. I've only known her for a year and never thought of asking her.

Then all of a sudden, scary video game music came on and health bars popped up above our heads.

"What the hell?" Cameron said, like he read my mind. That was exactly what I was thinking.

"Awesome! We're gonna play this death game like an actual video game!" I heard Panic shout with excitement. She already had her sword out and was practically bouncing on her toes. I took a look at her health bar. Damn, the girl was at level 50! How many hours a day does the girl play video games?!

I looked up at me and Cameron's health bars. We were at level 1. We're so dead.

I looked ahead and saw a ... what in Tartarus was that thing?!

The thing had pale green skin, long, black hair that covered its entire face, and it limped as it walked towards us.

Panic had a confident look on her face. She raised her sword and ran forward. She screamed while the sword put a clean cut through the thing. It disappeared with a small bang, and was gone.

Panic was panting and turned around to face us. She smiled. "You guys look like you've never seen a zombie before."

"That was a zombie?" Cameron asked.

"Green skin, limped. Pretty sure it was a zombie." She said.

"Okay, we need to find weapons so we don't look defenseless." I said with an annoyed tone in my voice. "And you need to teach us a few things."

Nicole's POV

This death game is really putting me to sleep.

All we were was walking around a huge ass building doing nothing. Wait, I had a phone on me! Maybe I wouldn't be totally bored out of my mind.

"Destiny, Jackie. You wouldn't mind if I put on a youtube video on, would you?" I asked.

"You have a phone with you? Jackie asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Of course! I can't make phone calls, but I can put on youtube videos!" I said, raising my hands in the air.

"Sure, we don't mind." Destiny said casually.

I got excited and looked up my role model on youtube. The nyan cat song blasted out of my phone, and I started dancing to it. Jackie and Destiny were giving me weird looks.

Finally, Jackie said "What. The. Hell."

"Judge me all you want, but nyan cat is my role model! Nyanyanyanyanyanyanyanya!" I continued to sing. Jackie face palmed herself, and started walking ahead of me.

"Guys, I'm going to go check out what's up ahead. I can hear something." She reported. Without one if us saying something, Jackie walked forward, into an ironically dark hallway. I stood there jumping up and down with the nyan cat music playing and Destiny staring at me like I was crazy.

"Nicole, what the heck did you do before any of us ended up in this building?" She asked tiredly.

"Talk to the dead, watch cute youtube videos, and listen to nyan cat!" I screamed. "Nyanyanyanyanyanyanyanya!"

Destiny started banging her head against a wall and I listened to the nyan cat song for about five minutes. Nyanyanyanyanyanyanyanya!

I finally turned off nyan cat- sob- and a lizard showed up walking towards us.

"Aww, your a cute little thing! You just missed me playing nyan cat. Nyanyanya! Do you want me to play it for you?"

"Jackie, what are you doing in lizard form?" Destiny asked

The lizard started to glow, and I backed up. The lizard changed shape, and took form as a human. But the human wasn't Jackie. It was a snake-looking girl with an evil look in her eyes.

"I don't think we've met. I'm Victoria. Prepare for your death." Her eyes glowed menacingly.

"That's not Jackie! That's not Jackie!" Destiny shouted.

"Nyanyanyanyanyanya!" I started singing.

"Why the hell are you singing that song again?!" Destiny screamed.

"Because I sing it when I try to calm myself down!" I said, terrified.

"Ugh, fine. I'll get rid of her." Destiny said. She squeezed her eyes shut and Victoria disappeared. Wait, not disappear. She turned into a cat!

"Aww, Destiny! You turned her into a cat! She's so cute! But why a cat!" I asked excitedly. Cats were one of my favorite animals.

"Because you got that stupid nyan cat song stuck in my head!" She yelled.

"Yeah, but that was a good thing." I smirked.

"I will claw your eyes out!" Victoria said.

I laughed. "No you won't. Because your my new pet!" I rubbed her against my cheek.

"Let's go see where Jackie went. I don't want to run into another enemy." Destiny sighed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 109K 25
#Book-2 in Lost Royalty series ( CAN BE READ STANDALONE ) Ekaksh Singh Ranawat The callous heartless , sole heir of Ranawat empire, which is spread...
60.3K 5.9K 118
A story following a young hunter named Jay. He has grown up in a world where dungeons, monsters, and humans with leveling systems are a cultural norm...
32.8K 2K 21
𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 # 𝟏 𝐨𝐟 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐚𝐚𝐳 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬. Love or betrayal? Consumption of betrayals. Internal betrayal? Yes! Will they be overcome? Or W...
262K 12.9K 61
My name is Alex Cruz, I'm a omega, so I'm just a punching bag to my pack. But Emma, Queen of werewolves Sam, queen of dragons Winter, queen of vampi...