Don't Leave Me Alone.

By l0stinthestars

When you're one of Clarissa Bianchi's grand daughters perfection comes with the title. When 16 year old, Abri... More

Prologue.
Chapter 2.

Chapter 1.

102 1 0
By l0stinthestars

 “Sit up straight Abriella!” My grandmother whispered through clenched teeth, managing to keep her pearly white smile on her face at all times. I knew she was annoyed with me. This was the fifth time in three weeks that she had set up these little “dinners”.  We both knew that she was running out of candidates for me. My dress, floor length, a light purple on the top but slowly getting deeper purple towards the bottom, was unbearably itchy. My naturally extremely curly hair, was pin straight and down my back. My feet were dying in three foot heels, making me six foot even.  My Grandmother, Clarissa Bianchi, a whopping 4'11" was wearing a stunning baby blue dress, a pair of Christian Louboutin's, that weren't even available to the public yet, on her freshly pedicured feet and three strands of pearls to match her five pound earrings. 

"Lanza! My dear, it's been to long!" My grandmother all of a sudden exclaimed, giving me a  look that said "stand up or it's going to be a long night".  I stood up, being obedient for once, and just as expected Mrs. De Luca's eyes popped out of her head. 

"Last time I saw you, you were this small!" She said, putting her hands 3 feet apart.

"Things haven't changed much since then!" I said, a fake smile plastered on my face.

"Ha-ha" she politely laughed, intimidated of course. Everyone was intimidated by my Grandmother. Her and my grandfather were as rich as the day was long and knew everyone, somehow, someway. To be asked to dinner was an honor all of its own, but to be asked to dinner with your grandson or granddaughter was a prize to be won. Mrs. De Luca still hadn't introduced her grandson and my grandmother wasn't the biggest fan of small talk, especially when it revolved around my height. 

"Who is this handsome young man?" My grandmother said, cleverly turning the conversation around.

"Ah, this is my pride and joy!" Mrs. De Luca said. "Vincenzio Junior."

Vincenzio stepped forward and I did everything in my power to remain composed. He was six foot five inches with long legs and long arms, making me look short. His arms weren't only long but muscular also. You could see his biceps through his tux when he shook my Grandmothers hand, already earning points with her. Clearly he was a jock. He had piercing blue eyes, curly blondish-brown hair that went down to his eyebrows but not his eyes (earning more points with my grandmother), his skin was tan in that Italian way, his lips were full and, shockingly,  he looked bored. He didn't want to be there anymore than I did, which earned him points in my book. My grandmother sat him down across from me and the question part of our night started in. 

"How old are you, Vincenzio?" She asked.

"17 in April, ma'am"  He answered. He was the perfect age for me, since I was only 16. 

"What about school? What are your strong points?" I rolled my eyes, knowing that this answer was going to be short. I didn't notice that Vincenzio was staring directly at me. 

"I want to be a doctor, a pediatrician actually, so I would say math and science would be strong points. I also do well in English and Social Studies because I like to write." He answered, with all confidence. This took me by surprise, he didn't stumble over his words or look panicked. He looked bored. He didn't look bored in that "I don't want to be here, I have better things to do" bored, but  "I've been dragged on these dinners to many times and I would rather be walking on hot stones bare foot then be here" type of bored.

"Are you interested in any sports?" This was a dumb question, obviously he was into sports, look at that upper body. 

"During the fall I play football, during the winter I snowboard, and during the spring I play lacrosse and an out of school baseball team."

What didn't this boy do? I was used to boys bragging about what sports they played or how well they played, but Vincenzo didn't brag or elaborate he just stated it as a fact. He still looked bored though. I wondered if my grandmother had noticed his boredom. He was paying attention to her and answering all of her questions but still, he looked bored. 

"Abriella, what about you? Do you have any questions for  Vincenzio?" my grandmother asked me. Before I had the opportunity to think of something to ask the waiter came to take our order. I have been a vegetarian for 10 years but my Grandmother refuses to support it. "If animals weren't meant to be killed God wouldn't of put them on this Earth" was her view of my non-meat eating life style.

"I would love the duck, the soup of the day and also a refill on my wine please Lorenzo." My grandmother expertly ordered. We were in her favorite restaurant and she ordered the same thing every time.

"I'll have the lamb, the garden salad and another glass of wine please" Mrs. De Luca ordered, carefully making sure that her dinner was less then my Grandmothers since she was paying. 

"And for you ma'am?" Lorenzo asked me. I always dreaded this part. I hated eating in front of people. 

"Just a salad please, no dressing, tomatoes or olives" I ordered, quietly. My grandmother rolled her eyes.

"I'll have the same."  Vincenzio said, surprising everyone, including my Grandmother, who was never surprised. 

" Vincenzio is a vegetarian" His grandmother said with clenched teeth. 

"12 years"  Vincenzio said proudly to my grandmother, making sure he looked directly into her eyes.

"Well isn't that a coincidence! So is my Abriella!" She said, her fake thrilled voice in full use. 

Vincenzio turned to look at me and shot me a sly smile, showing me his perfect white teeth.  As our dinner came the conversation between my grandmother and Vincenzio died down, leaving it up to me to start a conversation.

"Abriella is a beautiful name"  Vincenzio started, breaking the awkward silence. 

"Most people call me Ella" I said.

"Ella" He repeated and went back to eating his salad. He had ended the conversation by saying my nickname and nothing more. I was left wondering if I should respond, eat my salad that I had barley even looked at, or excuse myself and call my best friend like I usually did at this point of the dinner. I chose the third option, like always.

"Excuse me," I said to no one in particular and stood up. Vincenzio stood up too, like a gentleman should when a lady stands and walked around to my side of the table. 

"Can I come with you?" His lips brushed my ear as he whispered to me and a shock went through my body. 

"Uh,"  I said, secretly cursing myself for the unintelligant remark.  "I guess so." 

My grandmother shot me a questioning look but I pretended that I didn't see it.

Vincenzio pushed my chair in and lead the way.

"Where are we going?" I asked as we exited the restaurant.

"Close your eyes," He instructed. I hesitated, not knowing what to do.

"Close them," He persisted. "Hold on to my hands so you don't fall" giving me his hands as I closed my eyes. We started walking again. A million different thoughts were running through my head. Did I feed my guinea pig? I had an adorbale guinea pig named Bear.  Did I remember to wear cute underwear? Did I shave my legs? What if he rapes me? Is it rape if I'm willing? His hands are so big and strong. 

"Open your eyes," His voice, like silk, broke me out of my thoughts. I was speechless. He had brought me to a beautiful little pond that reflected the moon perfectly. You could see right to the bottom where all the fish and frogs swam. 

"How did you find this?" I whispered, terrified to break the beauty and quiet of this secret place. 

"My older brother told me about it," he whispered. I noticed that instead of letting go of my hand he had started making circles with his thumb on the back of it. I was surprisingly relaxed. 

"Vincenzio--" I had started to say.

"Please, call me Vin" He said.

"Vin," I started again. "I'm sorry that you were dragged out to this"

"Why?" He asked, catching me off guard. I had to think about what I was going to say next.

"I noticed that you were bored coming into the dinner and while my grandmother was asking you questions" I finally said, looking down.

"Not bored, just curious" he said. Before I got to ask him what he was curious about he put two fingers underneath my chin and slowly lifted my head up. 

"Vin..." His name was lost in a kiss. When he stopped kissing me I couldn't breath. It was unlike any kiss I've ever had before.

"I'd love to see you again, Abriella" He said, using my full name. I couldn't do anything but nod, hoping I didn't look too idiotic. He laughed as he looked down at his watch, I hadn't noticed it before, and said that we should head back.  Reluctantly I agreed and he lead the way back.

"I don't want to go back in" I half whined- half complained as we got back to the restaurant door much too soon. He gave me a sad look, grabbed my hand and opened the doors. Holding his hand made the restaurant seem less scary but the music still hurt my ears as I remembered the peace of the little pond. He held my hand all the way back to the table until, sadly, his grandmother greeted us and he pulled out my chair and rejoined with his.

"There you two are,"  Vincenzio's grandmother exclaimed. "What have you been doing?"  My grandmother was shooting daggers into the side of my head but I pretend to be fascinated with a piece of lettuce on my plate.

"We already ordered dessert" My grandmother said.

"That's to bad,"  Vincenzio said to me. Then turning to look at my grandmother said; "Maybe Abriella could come back to my house after dinner and I could make up the lost of dessert to her." For the second time that evening my grandmother had a look of surprise on her face. No one had ever been that straight forward with her. 

"Non sense!" His grandmother interrupted. "You both come over, I'll have Piers start a kettle of tea now!" 

"Abriella, what do you think?" My grandmother asked me. The entire table turned to stare at me.

"I'd love too" I said, looking directly into Vincenzio's beautiful blue eyes.

Continue Reading