The Idiot

By BoringStar

Winter Kane soon finds out that her real dad was, and she wasn't pleased to learn that it was Patrick Kane. More

Friday, December 30, 2022
Saturday, December 31, 2022
Monday, January 2, 2023
Tuesday, January 3, 2023
Friday, January 6, 2023
Saturday, January 7, 2023
Sunday, January 8, 2023
Monday, January 9, 2023
Thursday, January 12, 2023
Friday, January 13, 2023
Saturday, January 14, 2023
Monday, January 16, 2023
Tuesday, January 17, 2023
Wednesday, January 18, 2023
Thursday, January 19, 2023
Friday, January 20, 2023
Sunday, January 22, 2023
Monday, January 23, 2023
Tuesday, January 24, 2023
Wednesday, January 25, 2023
Friday, January 27, 2023
Saturday, January 28, 2023
Monday, January 30, 2023
Tuesday, January 31, 2023
Epilogue

Sunday, January 1, 2023

1.2K 20 1
By BoringStar

When I woke up, I instantly got changed and ran outside. I barely got any sleep last night, since I woke up at my normal time. William and Wyatt was up, but I didn't say anything to them. I just needed to clear my head and get over this hangover that was alive.

I was out there a lot longer than I am usually am. I didn't mind since it almost made me feel like I was back home. But, no matter how much that let me forget about everything, those feelings could only last for so long before I would have to go back to reality.

I didn't go back inside until William came back from his run. Even if we are not really talking, I don't want to face Patrick without him by my side. "You know your yelling this morning woke me up, and neither Wyatt nor I told on you."

"It's alright, but I think we are supposed to go in there and get this show on the road."

William wrapped his sweaty arm around me, "No matter what, we always have each other's back."

I ducked out of under his arm, laughing. "Well, that was the promise that we had with Mom when she finally let me join hockey."

"She hated seeing you out there with the possibility of getting hurt. You was already having allergic reaction almost monthly."

We walked through the front door laughing. "Yeah, but to my issues, I didn't know that basically every single food in this world as eggs in it. I'm surprised that I haven't died of allergic reaction or starving!"

William joined everyone else at the table. Today they were having pancakes and sausage. I went into the kitchen and grabbed a glass of milk before I sat between my two brothers. I piled sausage on my plate as the whole table went quiet. Everyone knew what happened last night, but no one wanted to bring it up.

"So, Patrick," Wyatt said breaking the silence. "Do you know what school that we are going to go to?"

Amanda was the one who answered since all Patrick did was shrug. "There's a high school couple of blocks away that is pretty nice and has a great hockey team. That's where you most likely will go. We'll have to get you three enrolled tomorrow."

"Speaking of hockey," William said setting his fork down since he already finished his two pancakes. "Is there any way we can go to a rink today? We had never had more than two days off, and we haven't played since Wednesday."

"I don't believe that we have anything going on, so I think that we can," Amanda said looking a silent Patrick. I quickly finish my food, and brought my plate out to the sink before I disappeared upstairs. I doubt that I'll be able to go with them.

I sat in the window seat, watching the world go by. I was okay with the stillness and silence. It was calming and relaxing.

I don't know how long I sat there until I heard someone knocking on my door. I didn't move an inch or said a word. Whoever it was, I didn't really care to hear what they had to say. "Winter?" I heard Patrick's little boy's voice erupt from my door frame. "Winter, we got to talk about last night."

"I don't think we do. I went out with a friend and drank. I bet you did the exact same thing when you were my age. I guess we are a lot alike, more than I care to admit." I didn't dare to look over at him.

He didn't say anything right away, but I heard him walk over closer to me. I felt him sit on the cushion by my feet. "I do not want to fight about this. I just want you to know that I have changed, and I know that you don't want to be here and that you don't like me. I'm glad that you are here. I hope one day that you see me for the real me, but that is something you can only do yourself. No matter what happens or your feelings for me, I'll still be your father." Both of us just sat there in silence before, he got up and started walking out of my room. "Oh, get ready, we leave in ten minutes. Make sure you have your hockey things."

I sat there for couple of more minutes before I jumped up and grabbed my big hockey bag. William, Wyatt, and Patrick was waiting for me. "Finally, Baby Winter, you took forever!" Wyatt whined.

I rolled my eyes at him as I followed them to the car. I had to sit in the back next to Wyatt. I don't know how this ended up like this, but it's alright with me.

"So, what positions do you play?" Patrick asked up as we pulled out of the driveway.

"All forwards," William said right before Wyatt.

"Left is me! Willy takes after you, and Winter is the best center in the history of hockey."

Patrick looked back at me through his mirror. "Even better than Crosby?"

I didn't say anything, but Wyatt had to answer for me. "Forty thousand times better than Crosby ever was. She could probably one against the five greatest hockey players and still score."

"Really, I think we should test that one out today."

"Yeah, and I don't think you should be the one that I go against. You might have been good up to '15 but your game has really gone downhill since then," I said bitterly as Patrick pulled onto another street.

No one said anything after that. We continued to meander through Chicago until we make it to the United Center. There was already one car parked here with two guys waiting for us. Patrick parked right next to them.

In the other car, there was a very tall Canadian. I'm only 5'3" so Jonathan Toews is a giant compared to me. He flashed us a smile as he got out of his car. The other was the Russian himself, Artemi Panarin.

"Hey, Kaner, so these are your children," Toews said with a laugh. My brothers flashed him a smile, but I just rolled my eyes.

"Don't worry about Winter," William said. "If she could wear a shirt that said, 'I don't want to do anything with the Chicago Blackhawks and Patrick Kane', she would."

"Yeah, I would. Now can we just go inside so I can kick some idiots' asses. Then maybe I will be able to get over the gross fact that I'm here in Blackhawk territory." I didn't wait for the five guys, I walked straight to the locked door.

Luckily for me, they weren't too far behind me. Before I knew it, I was in the visitor's locker room because I refused to go into the regular one. I was changed and out of the ice before everyone else. This allowed me to have a few moments of peacefully skating, but that was too short.

When I was finally joined by everyone else, we decided to do three on three. It was me and Jonathan in the center of the ice for the drop, which we did the street's version. It was so easy to bet him and get Wyatt the puck.

He waited for a little bit before he danced into the zone, passing Patrick with ease, but he had Jonathan skate into his way. He fired a pass at me, and I was on point. Instantly I fired, and the puck went right in.

"That was a lucky shot!" Jonathan yelled, as I cockily smiled at him.

"You want to bet. I can score on you any day and time. You might think that the idiot is amazing and deadly, but he isn't the one you should be scared of." I quickly skated right back to the center dot, and won the second drop.

This time William skated as quickly as he could. He skated all the way around the back of the net before he passed right to me. I was in the right circle. I instantly skated right toward the net and dumped it in. I skated around everyone that no one really knew what just happened. "Maybe you guys should get a goalie. That way you have a chance to stop my brothers and me." I don't know what overcame me. I'm never this cocky. That's always Wyatt's job to be cocky for us, but now I'm doing it. UGH!

"Winter," William yelled from across the ice. "Why you don't be so much of a VILLAIN?"

I knew what he meant by that, but the NHL stupid-stars stared at us like we were crazy. "Oh, fine, but Willian you will have to do this faceoff since you are the worst!"

William skated to where I was standing and cleanly won the faceoff, but Wyatt quickly turned the puck over to Patrick. Patrick passed the puck to Artemi as he entered the zone. I knew what he was going to do as soon as he flinched. I skated as hard as I could to the midpoint between him and Jonathan, and I quickly control the puck and skated as quickly as I could to the other end. I skated around the net without shooting it.

"What are you doing, Winter? Shoot the puck!" Wyatt yelled. Without looking I passed the puck to him. I skated backwards to the blue line as William got the puck and sent it to my way. Jonathan came out to challenge me, but I didn't care. I let him to check me. William got the puck right away and shot it past Artemi.

The older three guys looked at us like we were insane. "What was that?" Patrick asked, looking very confused.

"It's a play that I came up with when we were six. It won us an overtime tournament. It was a fluke that we even made it to overtime, but I quickly came up with that play and the d-men did nothing since they didn't know what goal was their own," I explained with a smug look on my face.

"What aren't you three good at?" Toews asked.

"Well, Wyatt is being humble. William's outgoingness. And my weakness is liking the Blackhawks."

Wyatt nudged me, "I think that he means with playing hockey."

"I know, little brother."

"I'm not your little brother, little sis!"

I skated toward as fast as I could. He turned and skated away. "I'm older than you, you little jackass!" I yelled laughing.

"I know, but that shouldn't matter!"

"You're still going to die, little boy!" I chased him around for a little bit, and we continued to yell at each other. That is until I finally try and check him right into the boards.

I land on top of him. "You suck, you know that."

I rolled my eyes before I send a light punch to his head. He pushed me off of him, making my back crash into the boards. He quickly got up and skated away before I had the chance to stand up.

William skated over to me laughing his head off. He lowered his hand to help me up, but I didn't grab it. I didn't need his help. "Oh, will you shut it. Wyatt's gonna die!"

"You always say that, but you haven't killed him yet."

I rolled my eyes as I skated and picked up my stick before I skated off the ice on my way to my locker room. Truthfully, I wasn't pissed off. I knew that it was a joke, but I don't know why I acted like this. I just did.

I took my sweet time changing and packing my things back into my bag. I was the only one that was left to come out, but truthfully, I don't care. I'm a girl and I like to take my sweet time. Is that so hard to ask them to be patient?

"About time you come out! They thought you got lost," Wyatt yelled hugging me. I knew that he was talking about the older guys, but I don't care what they thought.

I pushed him off of me, and started walking toward the exit, lugging my hocking bag behind me. These guys are assholes, and I don't really care what they have to say to me.

We then went back to Patrick's house. Well, I guess this is now my home too, but I don't want to think about that.

Wyatt and William ended up in my room after supper. We sat on my bed in a circle. "Tomorrow, there is no school, right?" Wyatt asked.

"Nope, no school, but we do have our first hockey practice," I answered with a smile. I can't wait for practice.

"But plus," William added, "we have to go to school to get registered and everything."

"No, we don't have to go to that! Amanda said that she was going to take care of herself. If they need any of us, she'll have Amber for us!"

I rolled my eyes at my idiot brothers. "Okay, I think I'm done with your idiocy. Let's just watch the next episode before we have to go to bed." I pulled up the fifteenth episode of season two of Criminal Minds. We watch random shows, and before we fall asleep we watch an episode.

That episode turned out to the worst episode to watch, but we watched it anyway. I'm not going to lie, but I did shed a couple of tears when Reid got tortured. See I do have a heart.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

339K 7K 69
Patrick Kane has always been surrounded by love. His sisters have found love, his teammates are starting to settle down. When will it be time for Pat...
138K 2.3K 40
Paige's life was in a downward spiral. She ran away from the demons of her past and her family. Then she meets Patrick Kane after he pulls a fire ala...
4.2K 79 60
Valerie loves her life the way she always thought it should be, alone. Taking every precaution to make sure that her place is only temporary no matte...
38.2K 737 90
It's not easy being the presidents daughter. Luckily for Aaliyah Obama she is older and has more room to figure out who she is, even if she has no cl...