The Idiot

By BoringStar

Winter Kane soon finds out that her real dad was, and she wasn't pleased to learn that it was Patrick Kane. More

Friday, December 30, 2022
Sunday, January 1, 2023
Monday, January 2, 2023
Tuesday, January 3, 2023
Friday, January 6, 2023
Saturday, January 7, 2023
Sunday, January 8, 2023
Monday, January 9, 2023
Thursday, January 12, 2023
Friday, January 13, 2023
Saturday, January 14, 2023
Monday, January 16, 2023
Tuesday, January 17, 2023
Wednesday, January 18, 2023
Thursday, January 19, 2023
Friday, January 20, 2023
Sunday, January 22, 2023
Monday, January 23, 2023
Tuesday, January 24, 2023
Wednesday, January 25, 2023
Friday, January 27, 2023
Saturday, January 28, 2023
Monday, January 30, 2023
Tuesday, January 31, 2023
Epilogue

Saturday, December 31, 2022

1.1K 23 1
By BoringStar

When I woke up, I almost forgot where I was, but it didn't last that long. Looking around my plain room, I remembered that I was in the custody of an idiot. I grabbed my phone before I headed downstairs. It was seven so it was still early. My brothers won't be up for a while and I doubt that idiot and idiot's wife is up.

I quickly threw on some sweets before I grabbed my stick, a ball, and my rollerblades before I sprinted outside the driveway to waste some of the mornings. This is my morning routine even if I have school. It's just how I am. I am like this with my other sports, volleyball, and softball, but hockey is where I spend my most attention too.

I don't know how long I was out there screwing around. At least it didn't snow last night, but now it was snowing. That didn't stop me. It was fun. I didn't shoot at all, but I was just playing enjoying my life.

From the corner of my eyes, I saw someone peeking out of the window. I shook my head and rolled my eyes as I decided to hang up the hat. I picked the ball up and skated toward the front door. I entered and stripped out of my skates right away. I looked up and only saw the idiot in the downstairs area.

I threw my things on the couch before I walked into the kitchen to find some food. Patrick followed me and sat at the bar. "I didn't know that you play hockey."

"There is a lot of things you don't know about me." I grabbed some yogurt out of the refrigerator and started to search through the cupboards for bowls. It took me a while but I did find them and a spoon. Once I got everything I need I sat down at the bar next to the idiot. He didn't say a single word to me, and that was okay with me.

William soon jogged down the stairs in a tight grey sweatshirt and black jogging sweatpants. I rolled my eyes as he said to no one in particular, "Going on a run. I will try to remember where this place is." And with that, he softly closed the door behind himself.

"Running willingly? That is defiantly not my son," Patrick mumbled to himself.

I shoveled a scope of yogurt into my mouth. For some stupid reason, that statement made my anger click. I know that William and I did have that fight yesterday, but he still is my brother.

The next people that came down the stairs was Amanda carrying Amber. Amanda put Amber in her playpen before she went into the kitchen to start making some breakfast. She smiled at me before she asked, "Do you want me to make you anything?"

"No," I said dryly. "I'm not that hungry ever, especially in the morning."

She didn't seem fazed by my attitude. I guess she was used to it. "Alright, Pat, I'm going to make some eggs and sausage. Can you go and get Amber dressed for today?"

Patrick put on a puppy dog face. I knew that this was the last thing he wanted to do in the morning, but after Amanda gave him an unamused look, he got up and brought Amber back upstairs.

"Is anything going on today?" I asked before I took the last bit of yogurt.

Amanda was busily getting things from the refrigerator when she answered, "Nothing is going on today. Well, except that Patrick and I are going to the team's New Year party. We won't leave until eight for that." A smile formed quickly when I heard that. I was going to be able to go to Andre's tonight!

"Okay, thanks," I said before I put my dishes in the dishwasher and skipped up the stair all the way to my room.

I grabbed my phone right away to text Andre.

To Andre: I can come if I'm still invited

I set my phone down after I turned my volume up all the way. I decided to unpack my bags that I brought from Brooklyn. It wasn't that long, however, for my phone to buzz. I basically sprinted to it to read the text.

Andre: Yeah your still invited do you want me to pick you up

To Andre: That would be great but I won't be able to leave until after 8:30

Andre: That's fine just need the address and then everything is set

I quickly texted him the address with the biggest smile on my face.

The day went by so slowly. I stayed in my room and tried to find the right thing to wear to the party tonight. Around noon, Wyatt waltzed into my room with a bright smile on his face. "Winter, it's time for lunch."

"Okay, what are we having?" I asked him, throwing my pink dress on my bed.

Wyatt made a sad face at me. "You might not want to eat it, though. It's pizza."

"Ugh! Why do I have to be allergic to wheat and eggs!" I whined flopping down on my bed. Wyatt followed my lead and flopped down next to me.

"I'm sorry, I know that it must suck."

I rolled my eyes. "Why did you come up here if you knew that I wouldn't be able to eat it?"

"Patrick told me to come up here to get you."

"So, you didn't tell him?"

He rolled over and looked at me. "Nope, thought you should tell them about your food restrictions yourself. You are a big girl."

"Yeah, I'm a big girl, and I also can kick your ass!" I elbowed him hard in the ribs before I jumped up and ran downstairs.

Instantly, I saw everyone sitting around the table eating some pizza. I bypassed the table and went into the kitchen to grab some more yogurt. That's what I basically survive on since my choices are completely limited.

"Winter, why don't you eat some of this pizza?" I heard Amanda ask.

I turned toward the table and shook my head. "Sorry I can't. I'm allergic to it."

The idiot looked so confused. "Your allergic to pizza?"

"Not pizza, you buffoon. The ingredients in the pizza I'm allergic to. I can't have any wheat products or anything with eggs in it." I grabbed the yogurt and got another bowl. This time I put more than I had for breakfast.

"How bad do you get?"

"Um... maybe I'll tell you when you aren't eating. It's pretty bad. Last time I had something that was made in a pan that wasn't cleaned properly. I almost died, so I'll say really bad." I grabbed my food and sat at the bar by myself.

As soon I got done with my food, I escaped to my freedom of my bedroom. To pass my time I started unpacking, but I didn't have that much since most of it is still in New York City.

Before I knew it, Patrick and Amanda was gone, and I was at Andre's. It was only the two of us and his brother with their friends. We all was drinking, and luckily for me, they had wheat-less alcohol. I had never drank before, so this was a new experience for me.

Andre laid his head on my shoulder after he took another swig of his beer. "You look so beautiful in that dress." I felt my cheeks heat up after he said that. He then brought his lips toward my ear and said, "I bet you would look more beautiful without it."

I hit him hard in the chest. It was all in the love of playfulness. He laughed at that and started tickling me.

Andrew, Andre's older brother, must have turned on the music. It was very loud. I'm sure that everyone in Chicago could hear the music. "Do you want to do dance?" Andre asked as he got me up and pulled me off the couch.

The night was a haze, and I had a great time. That was until Andrew couldn't contain his liquor any longer, and threw up right onto my nice pink dress. It was terrible. He didn't just hit my dress, but I'm not going to get into those details.

I was guided to the bathroom and was given clothes from Andre. "Take a shower and I'll throw this into the washing machine." I applied, and quickly in front of Andre, strip downing into my underwear. As soon as I was alone I took a quick shower before I threw on Andre's sweats.

Time flew by. I didn't have to leave until Andre's parents arrived. They quickly announced that Andre and Andrew had to go bring everyone home, even though they were totally wasted like the rest of us.

Andre drove very carefully, but he was swerving a lot. Luckily that he didn't find a cop. The ride was fun. We just talked to each other about our lives.

When I came home, I didn't realize how late it actually was. It was going on four in the morning, when I quietly walked into the house to find the idiot sitting on the couch. I shut the door a quietly as I could, but before I could sneak around him, he got up and looked very angrily at me.

I started to walk away, but the idiot decided to yell. "Where the fuck were you?"

I rolled my eyes. "Out!"

"You didn't think you should tell anyone where you were!" In the barely lit room, I could see how pissed off he really was. I would have thought that he would be drunk off his ass, like me, and wouldn't have realized that I was gone.

"You didn't have to wait up! Mom never did, and plus you are not my FATHER! You will never be either, so you better just give up that little act!" I saw the anger within him grow, but in my drunken state, I continued to press. "You left my mom alone! She had to raise three children while you partied! Frankly, I'm surprised that you didn't knock any other girls up!" Who knows, you might actually had! I bet you slept with half of Chicago and other cities!"

"I was never told about you, and I am changed! I'm married, and I left those days behind me! And I am your father, and someday I hope that you will accept that since you still have three years left under my care!"

I clapped couple of times for him. "Wow, great job at day one of being my daddy! You majority fucked this up already! You didn't even know that I left and had a few! Aren't you glad? I'm following in your footsteps!"

"You are DRUNK! You are only FIFTEEN! There will be no drinking from you or your brother's while you live in this house!"

"Ooo, so now you're giving out rules that not even yourself followed! Wow, that's so smart!" I heard movements from upstairs and crying. I probably woke up the whole neighborhood, but I don't really care. Patrick was just pissing me off to care about anything.

Before Patrick could yell back at me, Amanda walked down the stairs with a crying Amber in her arms. "Winter, go to bed. We will talk about this in the morning. Patrick, can you get Amber a bottle, please." I rolled my eyes and stomped up the stairs and slammed my door. I collapsed on my bed and instantly fell asleep.    

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.6K 371 34
Rose Hill. Ordinary name for an ordinary girl. That is until she meets the one and only Patrick Kane. Now she's stuck trying to with him when they ar...
29K 387 54
What will happen when two rock stars' daughters are best friends and they go to a Chicago Blackhawks game. Who will they meet? What will happen?
18.4K 383 60
Kayleigh has lived her whole life trying to make a mind of her own. Even with being raised in a city where education is flawed and ideal are narrow m...
72.1K 998 42
When Skylar finds out that her roommate is Joel Quenneville's niece she doesn't think anything of it. But after taking the opportunity of a lifetime...