A Demon's Drink {Book Three-K...

By SpeakNoEvil

Katrina has gone through just about everything. She's lost family, she's lost friends, and she almost lost he... More

A Demon's Drink
Chapter One
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter 10!
Chapter Eleven!
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16!
Chatper 17 =)
Chapter 18
Chapter 19!
Chapter 20
Ch. 21 *Real One Guys!*
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50

Chapter Two!

1.6K 55 11
By SpeakNoEvil

---I'm so sorry it took me so long to update! ='( but please read and enjoy!---SNE

I had fallen asleep as soon as the plane took off. I kept reliving Christmas night, seeing the ninja’s interrupt the party and eventually take me to Ra’s. The smirk he gave me as he said how he’d be watching me was rather unsettling. Ra’s al Ghul only paid any attention to those who were a potential threat or ally. And seeing as his main goal was to rid the Earth of everyone, it couldn’t be any good for me. But how was I a threat to him? I could barely remember what happened in the last three hours nowadays. My dreams eventually disappeared and I opened my eyes to see Edward sitting next to me, smiling down at my confused face.

“What?” I yawned.

“Nothing.” He shrugged as the hostess walked in. I must not have been out for too long because the light for the seatbelts just turned off.

“How long-“

“Fifteen minutes.” Edward chuckled. “How you managed to completely loose consciousness for that short amount of time puzzles me.”

“So you don’t understand it?’ I teased, smiling to myself.

“No.” He smiled right back. “Of course I understand that it’s possible.”

“Then why are you puzzled?” I sat closer to him and rested my head on his shoulder. He immediately wrapped his arms around me and continued.

“Because, something isn’t right.” He mumbled. I looked up at his face to see concern flooding his eyes. “Not right at all.”

“Call Echo and Query.” I sighed, smiling. “They’re going to take care of the lair and everything else. Don’t worry, we’re all going to have fun I promise.” He still wasn’t smiling so I sat up straight and looked into his distant eyes. “Edward Nigma.” Now I had his undivided attention. “Everything is fine. You need to stop worrying about everything.”

“You don’t understand.” He spoke softly, taking my hands in his. “You understand a good many things, not that I’ll ever say that aloud ever again, but this thing… you just can’t comprehend.” He spoke with the tiniest layer of fear hidden in his voice. His blue eyes pleaded with me not to push him for any other explanation so I let the subject die.

“Can I get anything for you?” The attendant asked in her perky voice.

“Sprite please.” I smiled while Eddie told her he was fine. I hit a button on my chair by accident, causing it to face the middle of the cabin. “Oh my gosh they have buttons!” I chirped happily.

“Be careful Luna, it looks like Edward’s drugged Kat.” John teased. I raised an eyebrow at him and heard Edward chuckle.

“No I haven’t been drugged; thanks to your generous donation of toxin in my blood.” I smirked and he just rolled his eyes. John still felt bad about making me OD on his toxin and I knew that, but lately we’ve been able to joke about it a lot more. Luna started smirking, but it quickly vanished… that’s not odd…

“I guess that she’s fine, she’s still breathing sarcasm.” John rolled his eyes and I stuck out my tongue. “How mature.”

“Yes Jonathan, because you surely are the most mature being here correct?” Edward snorted. “Dressing up in bags to scare innocent people.”

"And going to ridiculous lengths trying to prove you're smarter than everyone else is mature?" Luna raised her eyebrow and I sat back, smirking to myself; this shall be an interesting flight.

“No length is ridiculous when describing one’s intellect.” Edward frowned slightly. “But I wouldn’t expect you to be able to understand that.”

"So, if no length is too ridiculous...you're saying you'd dress up in pink tights and shave your head if it proved you were a genius?" She snickered and I fell over laughing. Edward’s face got red and John was trying to control himself.

“Only you would come up-“ Edward started ranting before I cut him off.

“Wait!” I struggled to catch my breath momentarily. “What if he paired it with a neon green tutu and rainbow colored eye shadow?!” I fell out of my chair from how hysterical my laughing got.

"And if Batman said that if he wore that, he'd believe Ed was smarter than him, you know he'd probably do it.” Luna was now laughing just as much as I was. Edward was not happy at all.

“See what you start Jonathan?” Edward grumbled.

“I do believe that you started when you began your, ‘I am more intelligent than thou art’ speech.” John chuckled. I finally stopped laughing and looked out the window; seeing the clouds get higher in the sky.

“Excuse me guys.” I smiled, standing up and walking to the captain’s door. “I need to thank our pilot.” I rushed before entering the cockpit. There were two seats for two pilots, but this flight only required one. The thing that caught me off guard was the fact that the pilot was slumped over the controls. “Sir?” I asked, stepping forward and shaking his shoulder. He was completely limp and fell out of his seat. “Uh oh.” I murmured, quickly reentering the cabin. “Luna honey.” I smiled widely. “Can you come see?”

“Sure.” She trailed uncertainly, but followed me nonetheless. As soon as she stepped through the doorway I closed and locked it.

“So, how different is it from flying the helicopter?” I chuckled nervously, walking over to the co-pilot’s seat.

"Well, this is unexpected," She muttered, her hands slightly shaking. "Well, let's hope it's not too different...and that I'm REALLY good at guessing."

“I know that if you push the wheel thing in we go down.” I tried to mention helpfully. “In all actuality, we could probably press the autopilot button… if we can find it…” I muttered. Luna took control of the wheel like thing and managed to get up back up to our original altitude and hold it there.

“It’s probably the button that reads autopilot Kat.” She chuckled.

“Yes, I’d never have thought that.” I smiled to myself.  “I just… can’t… find it.” I frowned in frustration. There were million of buttons and switches everywhere.

“Well, while you’re looking for that, any idea which direction I should be heading?” Luna squinted out the front window.

“South? Southwest?” I guessed. “In the middle of Texas, Mississippi, Arkansas, and the Gulf of Mexico.”

“Very helpful.” She rolled her eyes and I shrugged.

“I’m good with landmarks, not addresses.” I smiled. “You know I’m not purposefully trying to aggravate you right?”

“Yes.” She smiled. “Edward hasn’t affected you that badly yet.”

“Yet.” I smiled with her, looking at the ceiling. “Oh!” I nearly yelled, causing Luna to jump. “Found it!” Right above me was a huge red button that read, ‘Autopilot.’

“What?” Luna asked before looking at the huge button. “And you missed it how?” She raised an eyebrow.

“It was over my head.” I muttered, pushing it and hearing a little voice come on.

“Autopilot engaged.” A robotic voice called before a static-filled one replaced it.

“Everything okay captain?” A female’s voice asked.

“Um, well, you see.” I started looking at a slightly nervous Luna. “The pilot’s kinda taking an unscheduled nap.”

“Excuse me?” The girl asked.

“The pilot passed out.” Luna supplied, earning a long pause from the other end.

“Just don’t touch anything else.” She said before clicking off. Luna and I looked at each other and heard the same voice come on over the intercom thing.

“Attention passengers, we’ve experienced a slight delay. Please remain in your seats and turn off all electronics.”

“So,” I smiled at Luna. “Does this happen every time you get in an air craft?”

“I was about to ask you the same thing.”

“Great minds think alike.” I nodded happily, walking over to the door and walking back to my seat; Luna followed and closed the door.

“Care to inform us of what you managed to do?” Eddie smirked at me.

“The pilot passed out, we tried flying the plane, and then I found an autopilot button. Nothing too out of the ordinary.” I shrugged.

“And I thought we’d have a nice normal vacation slash wedding.” John rolled his eyes, sarcasm dripping off every word.

“Thank you for the support. I’ll remember that next time we’re falling to our doom.”

“Be nice you two.” Edward scolded me.

“I am being nice.” I grinned.

“Your definition of nice is not the same as the actual definition.” He smirked. I leaned back in my chair and decided it was time for a challenge.

“Yes Edward, I guess it is. But your definition of outsmarting someone tends to involve cheating. I thought you hated cheaters.” I nearly sang.

“I do not cheat.” He said evenly, giving me a stern look. “I win; creatively.”

“Creative winning…” I trailed. “I guess I can live with that; just like you’ll live with my creative niceness.” I winked. Edward just sighed and shook his head as the light came on signaling that we needed to wear seatbelts again. “We’re almost there!” I smiled as Eddie wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

“Excitement, something you don’t tend to show to other people.”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” I snorted. “I’m excited for just about everything.”

It only took a few more minutes to land and exit the aircraft. I was smiling the whole time, anxious to find Christian and go back home.

“Kat! Wait up!” Jonathan laughed. I looked behind me to see that he, Luna, and Ed were running to catch up to me. “Sometimes I think you’re more excited about this wedding than me and Luna.” He teased and I hit his shoulder.

“You should be glad that I thought of coming here. Otherwise you two’d be getting hitched in Arkham’s chapel.” I quickly turned back to facing the front doors and found who I was looking for. “Chris!” I yelled, running to my childhood friend and nearly tackling him. I called Christian Chris for short; and then there was the Chris from Gotham that moved back in with Jake down here… I know too many Chris’s.

“Good to see you too.” Chris laughed, helping me up. His smile was just about as big as mine and I knew he missed me as much as I missed him. I caught his brief look over my shoulder and decided introductions were necessary.

“Chris, this is Luna, John, and Edward.” I pointed to each one in turn and he nodded at them all. “Guys, this is the kid that lived next door to me for ages. And also the person that’s expertly hid the box of fear toxin you shipped to my place.” I smiled.

“What are you talking about?” Jon scoffed, trying to seem innocent. “What toxin?”

“So the box in my house isn’t filled with toxin?” I challenged, earning a nod of the head from mister moody. “So… whatever the contents of the box are I can keep and do with as I please?”

“Well-“ Edward started but I held up a hand, still looking at John.

“No Eddie. If Johnny Boy is telling the truth, there’s nothing to worry about. But if he’s lying to me…” I chuckled and shook my head. “Well I don’t like liars.”

“Alright Miss Scary, let’s get your stuff in the car and get you home.” Chris chuckled, grabbing my arm and towing me behind him. “You can try to intimidate the Master of Fear after you’re watching Disney movies on your couch.”

“How did you know that’s what I was going to do?” I smiled as the others kept up with us; Edward a little unhappily.

“Because I was there when we were making our parents eat mud pies.” He rolled his eyes and I laughed. “I know you Katrina, the Storm of Gotham.” He said in a fake French accent.

“My dear boy! You’ve lost your touch!” I replied in a British accent.

“I think not!” He replied in a somewhat Jamaican voice. “But then again, I don’t think much.”

“That’s what I’m for, you just do all the heavy lifting.” I chuckled, handing him my bags before walking to the front of his truck.

“Where do you think you’re going?” Edward whispered, catching me off guard.

“The back only holds three people and Chris is probably going to need help paying attention.” I shrugged. “It’s all good honey.” I smiled up at him; trying to get him to relax. “What are you so worried about?”

“Nothing.” He mumbled, putting his stuff in the back of the truck before climbing in the cab after John and Luna. The car ride was quiet for the most part; save the radio and the occasional laugh from yours truly. Chris would just smile and shake his head, commenting on my mental state.

“Are you sure you’re still stable?” We were stopped at a red light when Chris reached over and felt my forehead.

“Like you’ll be able to tell anything by doing that.” I laughed for the hundredth time.

“No, but I do have a healing touch.” He smirked and I burst into another fit. The back seat stayed silent and I didn’t really mind that at all; it felt good to goof off with Chris again. “And-“

“We’re here!” I squealed, opening the door and jumping out before the truck even stopped moving. I ran around to the front door and threw it open, standing there and smiling like an idiot.

“Katrina!” Chris yelled from the truck, amusement clearly in his voice. “You need to get your bags.”

“That’s what you’re for!” I shouted, running upstairs and into my old room. There was a huge box sitting on my bed that contained nothing but vials of toxin. I moved to the hollow spot in my closet and hid it all in there with my old teddy bear and notes that had been undisturbed; even through the fire. I could hear everyone else enter the house and stop in the foyer. I hurried over to the stair banister and leaned over, my brown hair spilling over my shoulders. “Come on up guys!” I grinned down at the slightly shocked couple.

“Looks exactly the same.” Edward breathed, pain in his eyes and I nodded.

“Bruce tried his best.” I muttered before walking into the game room. After my house had burned and I moved to Gotham, Bruce had spent millions trying to restore and upgrade my old house; he was going to give it to me for my eighteenth birthday. Chris was hired by my uncle to watch over everything ever since his grandma died and had nothing else to do. The game room was his form of payment for keeping everything up. It had a flat screen TV, every type of gaming system, a pool table, an air hockey table, two couches, a soda bar, a fridge, and amazing surround sound. I could hear everyone walk up as I racked the balls for a game against Chris.

“They’re pretty quiet for criminals. I expected Edward to rant about how amazing he is while John tried to scare me.” Chris teased, bumping my shoulder.

“Well, I think they’re still adjusting to the fact that nobody here knows who they are other than us.” I smiled and let Chris break.

“That’s to be expected.” He shrugged and I sunk a purple stripe. “You always get stripes.”

“They don’t look like the eight.” I smirked. “If I had solids I’d loose every time.”

“Well don’t tell me that; I’ll use it against you.” He laughed and I just rolled my eyes.

“And then I’d kick you out of my house.”

“Meanie.”

“Jerk.”

“Spoiled.”

“Harsh.”

“Am I interrupting something?” Edward asked disdainfully from the door. I looked at him with cautious eyes.

“Nothing important.” I said evenly. Chris looked between the two of us with raised eyes. I just shrugged and we put down the pool sticks. “Anything good on TV tonight?”

“Let me use my magical powers to check.” He said in a spooky voice, causing me to laugh; again. He turned on the TV and checked the guide. “Well they’re showing Princess and the Frog, but you don’t want-“

“You better not even think about it.” I hissed, taking the remote from him and setting it on Disney Channel. Chris smirked proudly. “Go turn on the TV down stairs, sync the sound, and make me snacks.”

“Yes your majesty.” Chris saluted before leaving. Edward just watched me for a while, so I sat down on the couch.

“What’s your problem?” I finally called out to him.

“I’m just… thinking.” He said nonchalantly. I kicked my head back to look at him just standing there.

“You’re jealous.” I stated and his eyes quickly found mine. “Don’t be.” I sat back up and waited for the start of the movie. Some show with animated fish was showing; what happened to Kim Possible? Edward came and sat down next to me, sighing.

“Why are you like that with him?”

“Because that’s how we were when we were little.” I shrugged. “And we don’t believe in growing up.”

“But everyone-“

“Edward, not mentally. There’s no reason to not act childish every now and again; it’s the easiest way to relieve stress.”

“So you’re stressed?”

“Don’t pay attention to everything so closely.” I smiled and leaned on his shoulder.

“But that’s what I do.” He chuckled. I closed my eyes and sighed deeply.

“I know.” I muttered quietly to myself more than anything. I couldn’t hear anything other than the noise of the TV and some noise Chris was making down stairs. “Luna and John are quiet… should I be worried?” I smirked, keeping my eyes shut. I could feel Edward’s chuckle as he put an arm around my shoulder.

“Probably.”

“Do you think they brought toxin with them?”

“Definitely.” His voice was filled with amusement. “I don’t see why that bothers you.”

“Because,” I mumbled, “This is my city. I don’t want any of you causing problems here.”

“Are you going to be like the Bat?” He laughed.

“Yes.” I said evenly, finally opening my eyes and giving him a look to show him how serious I was. He stopped laughing and watched me for a minute. I looked back at the TV screen to see more commercials. “This is my home, and if anyone wereto mess with it they’d have to answer to me.” I knew that’s exactly how Bruce felt, and I understand it now that they’re here on my turf. I’d have to make it very clear that no one forgets that. If they do disobey I will retaliate; even if it’s Eddie.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

108K 3.7K 43
***Cover courtesy of immortal_snuggie!*** The sequel to Riddle me this, Riddle me Kat! *Complete!* Katrina had endured just about everything life cou...
175K 6.4K 58
Athena Thomas has been gone for nearly two years. When her and Dick Grayson last saw each other, she was leaving and taking his heart with her. But w...
13 0 8
"What do you have to hide? An unrequited love perhaps?" Bruce Wayne is dead and that has took a toll on everyone. Gotham mourns the billionaire, but...
1.4K 42 10
❝ "You can't believe I would keep him from you for such a trivial reason..." A few minutes ago you wouldn't have believed it either. ❞ ───────── ⋆⋅ �...