Taken

By _Just_Nikki_

Amberlynn Grace has been best friends with Niall Horan since she was 5 years old. When she was 15, Niall left... More

Taken
Introduction
Chapter 1: Graduation
Chapter 2: Dinner, A Party, and a Reunion
Chapter 3: Packing Up and Moving Out
Chapter 4: Plane Ride
Chapter 5: Welcome Home
Chapter 6: Full of Surprises
Chapter 7: Five Best Friends
Chapter 8: Amusement Parks and Wave Pools
Chapter 10: Something's Different
Chapter 11: Tours, Tigers, and Dares, Oh My!
Chapter 12: Off With The Leg Hair
Chapter 13: I Wish That Was Me
Chapter 14: You Found Me
Chapter 15: Party Time
Chapter 16: You Again
Chapter 17: Let Me Love You
Chapter 18: Not How Expected
Chapter 19: Can We Work it Out
Chapter 20: A Promise I'll Keep
Chapter 21: This Changes Everything
Chapter 22: Nothing I Do Better
Chapter 23: The Truth Comes Out
Chapter 24: Leave it All Behind
Chapter 25: I'm Gonna Make You Mine
Epilogue
Acknowledgements
BIG ANNOUNCEMENT
Sequel

Chapter 9: Sweet Revenge

240K 1K 227
By _Just_Nikki_

I was beyond ticked off at Louis and Harry for the water park incident. On the car ride home, the two of them couldn't look at me without laughing. They tried talking to me, and when I refused to talk back, giving them the silent treatment, they got the hint that I was very angry.

When we got home, I sat on the couch, and the two of them plopped down on either side of me. They poked me, while grinning like idiots, and saying my name in a high pitched voice. I sat there for about ten seconds, ignoring them, but yet being annoyed at the same time, before I got up and walked off, leaving them with their fingers still raised to poke me.

I went into the kitchen, and grabbed a bag of carrots from the fridge. I opened them, and then reached into the bag to get one.

"Amberlynn, those are-"

"Leave it Lou. She's pissed. At both of you." Niall said. I crunched into a carrot, glaring as I walked through the sliding glass door, onto the porch. I sat down in one of the chairs, and Niall came out,closing the door behind him. He sat down in the chair in front of me.

"They're staring at ya y'know." He said. I shrugged. "You're really mad, aren't you?"

"Yup." I said, popping the 'p'. I ate another carrot, staring into space as I did. We sat in silence for a while, which I'm guessing was awkward for Niall as he sat there while I glared at nothing.

"Let's play soccer." He said, and went to get the ball. I stood up, and walked out into the yard. We kicked it back and forth for about half an hour in silence.

"You know they didn't mean any harm." Niall said as he passed the ball back to me. I gritted my teeth, and kicked the ball hard. "They were just kidding around. Having a laugh."

"That's the thing, Niall. I wasn't laughing. I didn't find it a bit funny. It was embarrassing. Anyone could have seen me." I started walking away.

"Amberlynn-"

"No, Niall." I said. I turned around, and he saw that he was walking slowly towards me. "It wasn't funny. I'm mad at them." My anger started to get the best of me, and tears started to well up in my eyes.

"Okay." He said, trying to calm me down. "It wasn't funny. You can be mad at them if you want." He grabbed my wrist gently, and pulled me against his chest. "Shh. Don't cry. Please." His arms wrapped around me. I pressed my face into his chest, and wrapped my arms around him.

"Why did they do that?" I asked. "They didn't even apologize."

"I know. I'm sorry."

"You didn't do anything. Why are you apologizing?" I mumbled into his shirt.

"Because they didn't." I smiled, and raised my head to look at him. He looked down at me, into my eyes, and smiled back. His eyes sparkled. Niall wiped the tears from my face, and then began swaying back and forth. I buried my head in his chest, smiling as the two of us danced under the moonlight.

After that, I took a shower, put on my pajamas, and slept in Niall's bed with him because I didn't want to be anywhere near Louis and Harry.

I laid there for quite a while, with Niall sleeping peacefully beside me, thinking about what I could do to get them back. They both knew I was mad at them, and neither of them wanted me to be mad. What if they got mad at each other because I was mad at them?

A light bulb went off in my head. What if I made them mad at each other? What if I did something to them, and blamed it on the other one, turning them against each other? I was going to play a series of pranks, and leave a note, saying it was from the other one. They'd get so mad at each other. I couldn't tell anyone, because if I did, it'd end up slipping out to them.

I fell asleep, and waited for the morning.

*****

My first victim was Louis. I crept into his room early the next morning, while he slept. The note from 'Harry' was in my hand. I walked over to his closet, and taped the note to the door. Then I opened it, and took every pair of TOMS he owned. I stuffed them under my bed, and then went back to close his bedroom and closet doors.

--Louis' P.O.V--

I woke up in the morning, and went downstairs. i fixed a bowl of cereal, and went into the living room when I was finished eating. I sat down next to Amberlynn and grinned. Without even turning to look at me, she stood up, and walked over to the couch that Niall was on. I sighed in frustration.

Niall looked at my sympathetically, and Harry walked into the room. He smiled.

"Morning, boys. Morning, Amberlynn!" He said. He stood next to the couch she was on, still smiling. His smile faded slightly, and he looked over at me. I shook my head, and his face saddened. Harry came over and sat down beside me.

Liam and Zayn finally came down a little while later. They ate.

"Radio interview today." Liam said. "We need to go get ready." I went upstairs and jumped in the shower before Harry could. When I was done, I wrapped a towel around my waist, and went into my room.. I put on some boxers, and then walked over to my closet. There was a note taped to the door.

Now you have an excuse to wear socks.

-H

I pulled the door open, and removed a pair of red pants, and a black and white striped shirt from the hangers. I put them on, and then went to get a pair of my TOMS, but when I looked in the bottom of my closet, they were all gone. I scratched my head, confused, and re-read the note. I sighed angrily, and grabbed a pair of sneakers, and some socks, and went downstairs.

"Socks, Lou?" Harry asked. "Where are your TOMS?" I looked up at him.

"Hmm. I wonder!" I snapped, and put my shoes and socks on. I noticed Amberlynn smiling out of the corner of my eye, but when I looked up, she had turned to look at Niall.

*The Next Day*
--Harry's P.O.V--

I had a date tonight. Despite Lou's weirdness, I was pretty chipper. He was talking to me, but wasn't as talkative as usual. I put it out of my head, and went to get ready.

I jumped in the shower, and washed my hair and body. By the time I was done,  I had been in there at least an hour. I put on deodorant, and sprayed myself with body spray. I dried my hair, and went to my room.

I walked to my chest of drawers, and started digging through my underwear drawer. I was looking for my pair of lucky green boxers. I couldn't find them. Maybe they were in the laundry. I put a towel around my waist, and went to look for my boxers. Still nothing.

Going back upstairs, I re-checked all of my drawers. I found a note in the bottom of one.

How lucky can you get without them?
-B

I ran my fingers through my curls, and put on another pair.

*The Next Day*
--Louis' P.O.V--

Harry still hadn't returned all of my TOMS. I hated it because I had to wear socks. I was hoping he'd give them back soon. In the mean time, I could really use a snack. Liam had went to the grocery store yesterday, and bought me a fresh bag of carrots.

I pushed myself up off the couch, and walked into the kitchen. Opening the fridge door, I found the bag, and reached into get it. I went to open it, but discovered the bag had already been opened. I frowned. Amberlynn ate them too, so it was probably her.

She was already mad at me, and I didn't want to make things worse. It was okay if she ate some. I slipped my hand inside the bag, and pulled out a bright orange carrot. I moved it towards my mouth, but stopped when I noticed a black line on it.

I turned it over, and looked down at a tiny face drawn on my carrot. I laid it on the counter, and removed another one. It too had a face drawn on it. Dumping the whole bag on the counter, I quickly went through them. They all had faces.

"Ugh!" I grunted loudly. My eyes flicked back to the still-open fridge. Under where the carrots had been, a piece of paper lay. I picked it up.

Face it, Lou. You have a problem.
-H

"Bloody hell!" I shouted. Why did he keep doing this? I haven't done anything!

*The Next Day*
--Harry's P.O.V--

I was sort of mad at Louis for taking my lucky boxers. Not that I needed them, but still. He was still my best friend. Amberlynn still wasn't talking to us much. She had moved onto giving us short hello's. Nor warmth in the words, but at least she wasn't ignoring us.

We had a free day, so Niall would probably want to go to Nando's. I got dressed, and went downstairs. Louis was on one couch, and Amberlynn was curled up on another.

"Hi, Amberlynn." I said politely.

"Hi." She answered, not even looking at me. I walked past Louis, and ruffled his hair.

"Morning, Boo." He scooted away from me. I looked at him, confused, but continued on to the kitchen to get a drink of water. Zayn came downstairs while I was in the kitchen, and Liam came down once I had sat down next to Louis.

"Just waiting on Niall and we can go." Liam said.

"I'm ready!" Niall shouted, running down the stairs and into the living room, a grin spread across his face. We all laughed at him, and stood up.

"Aren't you coming, Amber?" Niall asked her when she didn't stand up. She shook her head.

"I have a job interview."  She said.

"Why?" Niall asked.

"So, I can get a job?"

"But, why would you do that?"

"So, I can have money?"

"I told you we would pay for anything you'd ever need."

"And I told you that I don't feel right doing that." She said. "I don't like taking your money."

"Amberlynn-"

"Don't argue with me, Niall!" She pushed him towards the door. "Now go. Nando's awaits." He went.

********

After Nando's, Zayn, Liam, and I went shopping. I bought a few new Jack Wills shirts, some blazers, trousers, and a new pair of shoes. I went upstairs when we got home, to take my new clothes to my room.

When I opened the door, my eyes widened, and my bags fell from my hands. My room was full of cats. There were at least 20, and they were climbing all over my bed.

"Bloody hell!" I shouted. I walked into my room. There was a note laying on my cat hair covered bed. I picked it up.

I know how much you like pussy.
-B

"THERE'S PUSSIES EVERYWHERE!" I yelled, my face turning red. Now I was getting pissed.

--Louis' P.O.V--

We heard Harry shouting from upstairs. We all looked at each other.

"THERE'S PUSSIES EVERYWHERE!" The five of us ran up the stairs to Harry's room. My jaw dropped, and my eyes widened as I took in all the cats crawling around.

"How did all of these cats get in here?" I asked.

"Like you don't know!" He snapped, pushing past me to go downstairs.

Okay, so he steals my shoes, draws on my carrots, and he has the balls to be rude to me? Yeah. Whatever.

****

When we finally got all the cats out of Harry's room, I went to take a shower. I washed my hair and body, and then stepped out, dressed, and went to bed.

*The Next Morning*

I woke up, and went to use the bathroom. Still half asleep, I went to wash my hands. I splashed cold water on my face, and then looked up at the mirror. A note was taped there.

Don't eat yourself.
-H

Confused, I ripped the note off and looked.

"AHH!! I LOOK LIKE A FREAKING OOMPA LOOMPA!!" I ran into the hallway, and down the stairs. Everyone looked up as I entered noisily.

"Woah." Liam said.

"What in the hell happened to you?" Niall asked.

"I've been oompa loompa'd!"

"You kind of... look like a giant carrot." Zayn said, studying my green hair and orange skin.

"I'm orange!" I yelled. "Does no one see the problem with this?! I can't go out in public like this!"

"What's all the- oh my God, you're a carrot." Harry said, walking into the house, his hair wet from swimming.

"Don't talk to me!" I shouted, and ran upstairs.

--Harry's P.O.V--

I walked upstairs to get out of my swim trunks. A basket of clean clothes sat on my bed. I got underwear from my chest of drawers, and then reached into the basket. I got trousers, and a shirt.

I noticed the trousers were tighter than usual. They would hardly button. I tried another pair. They were tight too, but not as bad. Then I pulled my shirt over my head. The sleeves were digging into my arms, and the bottom only went to my belly button.

That's when I found the note.

My, Harry. How you've grown.
-B

"You've got to be kidding me." I said. I wobbled slowly to Amber's room, my clothes not allowing me much movement. I opened the door and walked in. "I. Am going. To kill him." I growled. She raised her eyebrows. "But first, do you care to pull this shirt off?" She did, and I went to my room to change.

--Amberlynn's P.O.V--

My plan was working flawlessly. Louis and Harry were extremely mad at each other. However, the last prank I played on Louis sort of backfired.

He was mad about being stuck at home, but other than that he was pretty happy about it. I knew this with the way he jumped around screaming 'IMMA CARROT! IMMA CARROT!'

I had one last prank to pull, and then I was done.

--Niall's P.O.V--

After a few days, the green dye faded from Louis' hair, and his skin returned to normal. Amberlynn was still mad at them, but had gone back to her room.

We had a concert tonight, and she was going with us. When I woke up, and got dressed, I went to wake her.

But she wasn't there when I opened the door.

"Amberlynn?" I called, walking back out into the hallway. "Have you guys seen Amberlynn?" I yelled.

"No!" I went back to her room, walking in. I found a note laying on her bed.

I'm sorry. It was all too much. I couldn't sit around and wait for the next stupid thing they'd do. I had to leave. Please, just remember, even if I'm not there, I'll always love you. All of you. No matter what.
~Amberlynn~

I ran down the stairs angrily.

"You!" I yelled. "You did this! You caused her to leave!" I was crying now. I had lost my best friend. Again.

"What are you talking about?" Louis asked. I threw the note at him. They read it. "Oh. Niall, I'm-"

"Don't. Just don't. Don't talk to me. Leave me alone."

--Amberlynn's P.O.V--

It seemed like forever until it was time for the concert. I watched them perform from backstage where they couldn't see me. None of them were as hyper as usual. Especially Niall. I hated doing this to him, but I couldn't tell him.

I waited for the right moment where Louis and Harry were standing next to each other, not moving. I ran out, grabbed a pant leg from each of them, and pulled. their pants fell to their ankles. They struggled to pull up their pants while the others turned to me.

"Amber!" Niall shouted, and wrapped me in a bear hug.

"What was that for?!" Harry yelled.

"Pay back." I said simply before walking backstage so they could finish the concert.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.7M 313K 73
******READ A BIT OF MY LATEST CHAPTER TO SEE HOW MUCH MY WRITING HAS IMPROVED LIKE HONEST ITS SO CRINGEY I CANT****** Falling in love with your best...
6.5K 10 40
Written by @AndreaLotter and myself. This is a story about a young girl who knows the boys of One Direction; her best friend is Niall Horan, and the...
56.9K 1.7K 24
Sometimes our lives change when we least expect them to. We meet our best friends in when we're unprepared to make friends. Our lives change so drast...
73.2K 2.6K 42
It wasn't suppose to happen like this. She was nerdy. Small nerdy little Emma. Always being picked on by people bigger than her. People like Harry fo...