She's My Constant

By SkyWrites102

Cast Of Characters: Glaiza De Castro as Destiny S. Valerio Rhian Ramos as Kate Denise R. Howell Solenn Heuss... More

College Friends and Feelings
Heartbreaks
Killer on the loose
Remembering Destiny
Force of Habit
Habits Stay
Bloody Grey
Kate vs. Eve
Sleep Tight
Over the moon
Sunshine
Eve, The Apple of their Eyes
Friyay
Meet the parents
In her loving Memory
Together
Mr. Montenegro will see you now
Letting you go
Solenn's Blessing
Valentine's Day Plans
I Choose You
Downfall
Truth about us
Eve's Temptation
1 Month in
Of Cafes and Men
Seventh Month
She will be loved
All of Me
Author's Note
Author's Note on the Commentaries

Monday Blues

771 30 6
By SkyWrites102

I entered my Condo unit, I placed my keys in the table. I headed straight to my room where my study area is. Brian would kill me as I have spent the whole day yesterday making Kate happy. I powered the laptop back on.

I opened the email, from Brian, it was sent just a few hours ago.

I downloaded the files he had acquired, I opened it and examined them, I grabbed the chair to take a closer look. I noted these on the file:

-Womanizer
-Pathological Liar
-Deliberately shows his wife that he's been cheating
-Wife has knowledge of the last affair he had
-Had a few crazy girls on the side

I picked up my cellphone and dialled Brian's Number. It rang three times, then Brian picked up.

"Hey Bro, I am reviewing the files you sent me."

"Hey, Bro. So what have you gotten so far?"

"It's obvious that this guy, is not good at hiding. Hahahaha!" I said laughing

"Hahaha! I lnow right?! I can't believe this douche bag."

"Pretty amazing if you'd ask me."

"So potential suspects?" he asked me

"Could be his wife, crime of passion, given the number of stabs this guy got, the stabs were full of anger, they were violent and not gentle." I assesed

"And?"

"Three other girls, the crazy ones he had." I told him.

"Can you send me the autopsy? Just so, I can review it and see if my suspicion is correct?"

"Okay, I'll send it to you by this week."

"Okay, thanks bro."

"So, what happened yesterday? I couldn't reach you."

"Kate and I spent the day, we just got back home, she's preparing to go to work." I stated

"You finally told her?"

"Told her what Brian?"

"About seeing Eve last Friday."

"Yeah, she knew. Told her Saturday night."

"I see. Bro, she loves you, why can't you love her?"

"My heart is stubborn, you know why, if it would have been me, I'd forget Eve. Maybe I will."

"Bro, just stop hurting Kate. She's a good woman."

"This past weekend was the last time Brian, there won't be any more."

"Wait so, you set her free?"

"Yes, Brian. She is free, like she always have been."

"You're not going to work?"

He asked me, changing the topic.

"I am, but I can come in anytime I want."

"Nice, Bro. Uhm, I need to go, I'll update you alright?"

"Alright, update me."

"Aight, Aight, See you soon."

"Aight, See you soon."

The line clicked off. I put my phone on the speaker dock.

I played music, while I got up from the chair and proceeded to the bathroom.

I took a long shower, memories came flooding back, the nights and days I spent with Kate Howell, she was a great woman, she studied psychology just like I did, but her parents owned a company, she took over social and media relations right after she graduated. While I got my doctoral degree.

She gave me courage and strenght, she calmed my mind. She's adorable. She uses Psychology to get people wrapped around her fingers. I've seen it all these years, she will be fine.

After taking a bath, I got dressed, I put on a white dress shirt, blue skinny jeans and a white sneaker, I fixed my hair and grabbed my office bag and phone. I made my way out my condo unit.

I wore my glasses before I started to hit the down button, I was waiting for the elevator when Kate emerged from her door.

I turned to look at her. Lovely like always. I smiled.

"Hey, off to work?"

I asked her as I motioned for her to come near me.

I took her computer bag off her shoulder and carried it for her.

"Yeah, off to work." she said.

"You're bringing your car?" I eyed her.

"Yep." she answered.

"Okay." I smiled once more.

I pulled her beside me, bringing my hands around her waist and intertwining our hands, as we waited for the elevator.

"D, what are you doing?"

"Kate?"

She looked into my hands that were holding hers.

"Holding my friend's hand?" I said puzzled.

"Oh, alright." she said.

The elevator door opened, we stepped in.

I lifted her chin up to me, she faced me with a look of awkwardness.

"Kate, don't be too awkward around me, please?"

"D, I.. Uhm... I just need time to adjust, I guess."

"You'll be fine Kate. I promise."

She relaxed and leaned against my body.

"I hope so too D, I hope so."

"You will." I smiled at her.

And she does too. We reached the parking lot, I dropped her off her car.

We stood there for quite a while. I looked at her intently.

"Uhm, so this is your ride. You take care at work okay?"

"Okay. You do the same huh?"

"Yes, I will."

I hugged her briefly and kissed the top of her head.

I looked into her eyes and smiled. I tuck a stray hair out of her face behind her ear.

"Bye, beautiful." then I turn around to walk to my car.

She got on her car, she started the ignition.

I can tell she sat there for a little while. I opened my car door and got in. I buckled up, and started the engine. Fixing the mirrors.

I watched her as she left the building. I followed suit. I drove to the asylum. Manila traffic is at it's worst on Mondays, what would normally take me 30 minutes, took me an hour.

It's frustrating. I turned the radio on and connected my phone to bluetooth. I played a song. I sang along Habits(Stay High) by Tove Lo. It's a feel better, sexy song. It's my current favorite pick me up song. I wiggle to the beat and head banged.

Right when I was around the asylum, I turned the music off. I found my parking spot and parked. I got my bag and phone from the front passenger seat.

I stepped out of my car and walked towards the building. Once I got into the lobby, O was greeted by staff and nurses. I greeted them back. Smiling and waving at some.

I punched the up button for the elevator. I waited for a couple of minutes. I stepped in as it opened.

I punched the number 4 button. It took me to the fourth floor, the doors opened, staff greeted me. I walked to the left, where my office is located.

I opened the door and my secretary named Patricia smiled.

"Good morning Doctor Valerio, would you like some coffee?" she asked me

"No, thanks. Already had breakfast earlier. So what's up with the agenda?"

I said while I walk into my room. Patricia following behind me as sge scanned an iPad in her hand.

"You have a 12 o'clock lunch session with one of the patients, her name is Shane Aquino. 3 o'clock board meeting. That's the only ones here."

"Cool. You may take a break, Patricia, have fun." I smiled at her as I dismissed her.

"Thank you, Doc."

She walked out of my room.

I got the case file for Shane Aquino, she is Eve's best friend. I reviewed it, her parents brought her here a couple of years back, out of desperation. The medicines didn't work, if not made it worst. The Aquinos according to this file are in the states, a representative for them was authorized to attend these meetings, it is Eve, nonetheless. She was transferred to my patient list, because her doctor was on maternity leave.

The asylum is a private owned facility, where we don't treat them as patients, they function normally if you could call it that here. Shane for the last few years of her life had been studying for an exam that she already took and passed, she graduated, but she doesn't know it yet. The facility does research, medicine and therapies are done. It is humane, rather than the government owned ones.

I looked at my phone, it's already 11:40 a.m.

I straightened myself, I went to the bathroom first to relieve myself. Once I was done, I looked into the mirror, I noticed how much I changed until the last time Eve has seen me. I used to wear braces, my hair was long, they reached my waist. I would always wear my hair in a neat ponytail or just left it as it is, falling down my face. I didn't wear glasses then. Now, my glasses are thick, I'd be blind with out them.

I fixed my short hair, putting on wax and styling it to the left side where the parting of my hair is. After that, I walked out of my office, with my phone. I went to the facility's lunch room, I spotted Shane sitting quietly at a table. Waiting for lunch to be served.

I walked over to the table and said

"Hi, can I join you?"

She looked at me her face was a little unsure and flustered.

"Uhm, yeah, take a seat please." she said.

"Coolio, my name is Destiny and you are?" I stuck my hand out for her to shake.

"Shane. Shane Aquino." she smiled as I grabbed my chair.

"Do you know why I'm here?" I asked her.

"Uhm, to have lunch? I guess you're a new student here too." I smiled at her.

"Right, anyway, I would like to be friends with you, is that okay?"

"Uhm, I'm not very sure, I mean, look at you, you're a lesbian, you cross dress, like it's normal. I'm sorry but I have friends who would think bad about you." she said.

"Okay, maybe we can be secret friends." I offered.

"Okay."

I looked at her for a while, noting that this might not be a case of going mentally ill, but rather a result of another condition called Pre-Mature Alzheimer's disease.

"So, tell me something about yourself, your interests, hobbies and passions."

"I am a 4th year college student, taking up marketing. My interests are watching movies and series, I like calligraphy as a hobby, I am passionate about making something sellable." she smiled.

"You're on your last term?" I asked her

"Yeah, I'll be graduating soon, I just have to take a big test this week." she beamed.

Our food was served and we started to eat.

"What about you?" she asked me

"Hmm?" I said

"What do you take up?"

"Oh, uhm, I'm a 4th year Psychology student. This is my pre-med course. I love listening to music, I write my own sometimes too, I am passionate about my poetry."

I stated

"Nice, I think my bestfriend Eve will like you, she's into poetry too."

"Aww, really? Does she write too?"

"No, but she loves reading it or hearing it through spoken word poetry. We watched some. You should come with us one time."

"I'll see what I can do."

Then after a few minutes, the door of the lunch room opened, We both looked at the door and I've seen Eve come in.

She spotted us, she smiled at me. Then she looked into Shane's eyes, Shane, who has now recognized her best friend stood up, and hugged Eve.

"Hi, Baby!" she greeted Eve.

"Hi, babe!" Eve answered pleased at the progress.

"Baby, this is Destiny, she's new here, she's a psych student and she writes poetry!" she introduced us.

"Hi, you're Eve I guess?" I answered

"Yeah, name's Eve." she sat down beside Shane.

Excited that she recognized her.

"Baby, I'll just go to the rest room, I'll be right back." Shane said.

We both smiled at Shane.

We watched as she left us two

"So, Doctor Valerio, how did you do that? It's been years, since she recognized me."

"Ms. Jimenez..."

"Eve, please call me Eve."

"Okay, Eve, she isn't crazy, she has another condition which is Pre-Mature Alzheimer's Disease. She was misdiagnosed, I believe."

"God, all these years?"

"I'm not yet sure, this is just a suspected case, because she acts differently, under normal circumstances, it's like she's developed a rare case of forgetfulness. Like selective amnesia. She only allows certain memories to flow through. When did you notice this?"

I asked her

"She started to do this, right after she caught her boyfriend kissing someone at a party."

"Okay, maybe that triggered it."

"Yeah, maybe. Thank you Destiny and I'm sorry..."

She said, I didn't have the chance to ask her why she's saying sorry as Shane was walking back to the table.

"Hey, guys, I'm back." she said cheerfully.

We continued talking until Eve and I had to say goodbye.

Eve and I walked back to my office.

"Destiny, I know who you are, I remember you now. God, you've changed so much since. I'm sorry about what I've done."

"Eve, let's stop talking about the past, I'm over that, but the pain is still with me. I can't accept your apology, I'm afraid." I said to her coldly as I walked ahead of her.

She followed me and I said to her

"I will be running some tests on Shane this week, I will help her get her life back." I said firmly.

"Okay, Destiny, do what you have to do." she said.

"What you need to do, is to talk to her like you would before all of this happened, that is the only way we can get her memory back and snap her out of this."

"Okay." she said

"I have a 3 P.M. meeting, do you still need anything else?"

"No." she said

"If that's the case, I'll see you around I guess." I took a step towards the door, to head on to my meeting when Eve grabbed my arm.

She hugged me tight "I was young and dumb, I let my college friends pressure me into maintaining an image. I'm sorry for what I have done, that was so dumb of me."

"Eve... Please, it will take more than saying sorry for the hurt to subside, I know, bitter right? But if you're trully sorry, show me. Then maybe I would believe you."

I said as I continued walking past her. She was left frozen, standing there.

I must admit that this hurts so much. But, I promised myself to avenge me from the pain she caused me.

The meeting started at 3pm. It is now 8:30p.m. and we were adjourned. I went back to my office to gather my bag.

Then I went to the parking lot, I rode my car and drove to a nearby bar. Today has been an emotional wreck for me. I needed to drink.

I entered the bar and walked past all of the patrons, I took a seat at the bar. I ordered a shot of whisky. When I noticed some girls were looking at me, one of them approached me.

"Hi, I'm Bianca, I couldn't help but notice you're alone, mind if I joined you?"

"Hi Bianca, no, I don't mind at all."

"Can I get you anything to drink?" I asked her

"I'll have a cosmopolitan please." she smiled.

"Hey, Mac, can you get this beautiful lady a cosmopolitan."

"Coming right up Chief." Mac is a good fellow, he have seen me through my rough times, this is the bar that I frequent since college.

"Here you go." he handed the lady her drink.

I drank a little from my whisky glass.

Bianca had scooted over beside me, she took a sip from her drink

"Hmm, long day at work?" she asked me

"Yeah. Had a long emotionally recked day." I chuckled.

She chuckled at that too and she continued playing with my hair.

"Do you want to go some place more quiet and relaxing?"

"No, I'll stay here." I said.

She slapped me and walked out on me

"Geezus, thanks lady." I muttered under my breath.

"Chief, what happened to you?"

"I'm a changed man, Mac." I said as I massage my cheeks from the slap.

"You and Kate going stronger huh?"

"No Mac, I set her free yesterday."

"Oh no. Well, I'm sure you'll be all right soon, I mean look, you're handsome for a girl." he chuckled.

He goes back to his job. I noticed Eve had just walked in the bar, alone.

Her eyes searching as if she was looking for something. I turned my back on her.

"Mac, can you get me another one? My past is haunting me." I told him as I whince from the last drop of whisky.

Eve sat at the other end of the bar table, completely oblivious to my existence.

Until another girl approached me, she was more beautiful and sexy than Bianca.

"Hey, there handsome."

She greeted me, as I drank my whisky.

"Hey." I said to her

"Screwdriver please."

She said to Mac.

"Are you alone?"

She asked me flirtatiously

"Yeah."

"Here you go."  Mac said the lady paid for her drink

"I was wondering if you and I can go some place quiet and get to know each other."

She said, downing her drink in one go.

I smiled at her faintly

"No, I'm sorry, I'm not interested." I declined politely.

She again, slapped me. Which made Eve look at my way.

The lady walked out, stomping her feet all the way out.

Before I knew it, Eve was beside me.

"Hey, are you all right?"

"Yes, I am." I answered her sarcastically

"You shouldn't be alone in a bar you know?"

"Tell me something I don't know." I said coldly.

I went down from the stool and reached for money in my wallet.

I left Mac 500 pesos and walked out of the bar.

Eve followed me

"Destiny, wait. Stop."

I stopped walking and faced her

"What? What do you need?"

I asked her growing impatient

"You shouldn't drive, you've had a drink."

She said rather faintly.

"I can handle myself Eve. This isn't the first time I am doing this. I've been doing it since that day."

I told her bitterly

I turned around and continued walking towards my car.

I got in and started the ignition. She was left in the parking area, completely frozen.

I drove myself home, I reached it at around 10 P.M. I parked my car and got up to my unit.

I was waiting for the elevator when I heard footsteps. I turned around and saw Kate. I smiled.

She walked towards me to give me a hug, she must have known something upsetting happened. She gave me a hug and a kiss on my lips.

"You taste like liquor." she said

"Yeah, uhm. I had a few drinks at Mac's."

I smiled at her.

"Have you had dinner?" she asked me.

I shook my head no.

"All right, I'll cook you dinner."

The elevator door opened we punched 17. I pulled her closer to my body, I hugged her tightly as tears began falling down my cheeks.

She rubbed my back "Shhhhh... Enough." she soothed me.

As soon as the elevator door opened, she stepped out, with me in tow.

She stopped in front of my unit, got her key from her bag and unlocked the door. I remembered, I gave her a key to my condo. She held my hand again and sat me in the living room, she placed our bags in the couch.

She went to the kitchen, while I sat sobbing in the living room. A few more moments later, I hear her moving in the kitchen, preparing our dinner.

I wiped the tears from my eyes, I grabbed the remote control from the table. I played Beth Hart and Joe Bonamassa's I'll take care of you, I left in on loop. I straightened myself and went to the kitchen.

Her back was turned against me, I walked silently. I placed my hands on her waist. She briefly looked up at me and smiled, before going back to slicing ingredients. I hugged her for about a minute. Before I broke the silence.

"Thank you for cooking me dinner, Ms. Howell."

"You're welcome, Dr. Valerio."

"Can I help with anything?"

"Go get the table ready, this will be quick."

She said as she finished chopping some garlic.

I got the table ready. I put placemats on the table. Then plates, then spoons and forks.

I went back to giving her a back hug, as I was watching her cook.

"This is the song, I sang for you the other night." I said.

"I recognized it."

"You won't ever have to worry..." I sang the line

"You don't ever have to cry..." She sang the next part which surprised me, it made me smile.

"I'll be there beside you, to dry your weeping eyes." We both sang and swayed.

She put butter and liquid seasoning into the pan. As she finishes what seemed to be a stir fry.

After a few more minutes, I released her from the back hug. She plates the stir fry and hands me the plate.

She got rice from the rice cooker and walked to the table.

I inhaled the aroma

"Hmm.. Smells good Kate."

"It's your favorite Beef Salpicao."

She smiled

"Wow, you never forgot, huh?"

"Of course I wouldn't."

She puts beef salpicao on my plate, while I put rice on her plate, she then puts rice on my plate while I put beef salpicao on her plate. We both smiled.

"Let's eat."

She said cheerfully

I nodded yes and started to taste the beef, I was chewing and looking at her seriously

"What? You didn't like it?"

She said sounding worried

"Like it?"

I asked her

She frowned at me

"I love it Kate."

I laughed and reached over to soothe her furrowed brow.

"You're such a douche!"

She scolded me while I'm still laughing

"D, I swear to God one of these days, I'm going to kill you."

"I was just kidding, Howell."

"So, what happened, why did you get drinks? Are you stressed at work?"

"Uhmm...."

I started

"It's her isn't it?"

"Yes."

"Spill." she said while she chews on her beef.

"She said she's sorry about what happened to us back in college, she says she was pressured to keep an image."

"Ugh, the guts of that woman. What did you do?"

"I told her that I can't accept her apology."

"Then?"

"Aftet work, I went to the bar, two women were hitting on me, I declined both, Eve saw me again. Tried to stop me from driving home."

"Wow! A changed man you are huh?"

"Stop it Kate." I said sternly.

She let out a wild laughter

"Sorry, but you declining women, seems to be a foreign matter to you, you're a big tease." she laughed

"I am not a tease. I only tease you." I winked at her.

"Fine, did the slaps hurt?" she touched my cheek while trying to hold her laughter

"No, they were weak slaps, compared to yours, your slap had the ability to change the world you know?" I grinned at her

"I don't know why you're saying that, but I slapped you out of frustration, you know?"

"and love." I interjected

"Yeah, that too."

She says as she feeds herself another spoonful

I smiled at her

"Mmm, how was your day at the office?"

I asked her

"Surprisingly not that busy, I had lunch with Robert before I went to work."

"So, tell me what happened?"

"He brought me to an Italian restaurant in Makati. The food was okay, I mean you make better pasta."

"Did you guys talk?"

I said as I ate another spoonful

"We did, he asked about how my weekend went."

"And? What did you tell him?"

"I told him, I hanged out with my best friend, we had a staycation at a hotel, had some pampering at the spa, I told him about the theme park too."

"and?"

"He was delighted to know, he said he would like to meet you sometime. I told him you were busy but I'll see what I can do."

"So, you haven't said yes to him?"

"No, not yet."

"But you two are getting along fine, you have a schedule with him next weekend right?"

"Yeah, I know. But I think it isn't the right time, just yet. We've only begun dating 2 months ago, I'm not the type who will just say yes."

"When are you planning on saying yes to him?"

"I don't know yet, D."

I smiled at her and decided not to press on. We finished our dinner, I washed the plates and she went into my room to freshen up.

I followed her in my room after I cleaned up.

***********************
Eve's POV:

It was painful to know that she has been doing this since that day, that the pain I caused her changed her for good. After she left, I went back the bar, I got myself a drink at the bar table. I was sitting quietly, drinking from my glass of apple martini. A guy approached me.

"Hi." he grinned at me, I looked at him, I saw his hand, he was wearing a wedding band.

"Hello." I smiled at him.

"I'm Grey and you are?" he asked

"I'm Eve."

"Eve? Nice to meet you, so what are you doing here all alone?"

"Just unwinding, I know, it's just Monday, but I had a long and exhausting day." I said

We talked about everything under the sun. The night ended and he invited me over his place.

I said yes.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8M 99.2K 38
Highest ranking(s): #1 in pride #1 in les #1 in drama #1 in girlxgirl #2 in lesbian #4 in gxg #5 in lgbt (PART ONE OF TWO) Jennifer, a young and be...
1.2K 104 46
Juniper and Min Jun both want to find REAL love. Both have had their share of heartbreaks. Juniper thought Caleb was the love of her life, until he s...
21.8K 2.6K 82
We think that everything is in our hands and especially our present and future which we carefully plan it all together to make it perfect and easier...
55.2K 2K 35
Destiny brings lovers face to face. Will they resolve their differences?