The Billionaire's Niqabi

Da notjustarandomhijabi

"But I'm your-" "I'm your what?!" He cut her off. She flinched at the acidity in his voice. "My wife?" He s... Altro

Chapter One
2.To a new beginning
3.Rukhsana's Nikkah
4."First look is Halaal"
5.Unexpected Proposal
6.Nikkah- Part One
7.Nikkah- Part Two
8.Rukhsati- Part One
9.Rukhsati - Part Two
10.Chicago
11. A New Home
12. FuriouSaahir
13. But First, Leme Take A Çelfie
14. The Busy Streets of Chicago
15. Ball Gowns & Flakey Makeup
16. Banquets & Romance...?
17. Ending On A Sour Note
18.Simply A Matter Of Time
19.Tormented Pasts & Terrible Confessions
20.Barbequed Steak
21.Secrets
22. Leave Her For Dead
23. A Glimpse Of Paradise
24. A Heartbreaking Twist
25. Last will & Testament
26. Billionaire to Broke
27. Hijab Stripped & Endless Tar
28. Dead Men Tell No Tales
29. A Sudden Death
30. The Painful Truth
31. Spoken Hearts
32. Share The Pain
34. A Painful Memory
35. Emotions Impound
36. A Change In Behaviour

33. A Walk To Remember

36.9K 1.6K 856
Da notjustarandomhijabi

"Kharoos Buddha!" Meeza shouted in anger.

"What does he think of himself! He's not my boss!! He doesn't have to give me orders like that!!" She continued to yell across the lawn.

"But you said you were up for any kind of job, didn't you?" Laughed Saaleha. Meeza gave her a look of disgust.

"Any minute now Meeza's chappal will come flying at me mum" she bend over her mother's shoulder and whispered in her ear.

Aunty Shakeela couldn't stop her laughter. She clutched her belly and looked hysterically at her raging daughters.

"Relax Meeza" Saaleha joined in on her mother's laughing

"It really isn't funny" Meeza rolled her eyes.

"I think it is" Aunty Shakeela burst into laughter again.

"What are you going to do now" Saaleha controlled her laugh after seeing her sisters intent glare.

"I'm going to buy the book off a store and put it on his luxury desk before 7 am, that's what I'll do!"

"That's ridiculous none of the stores are open now" Saaleha spoke adding a spoonful of rice into her mouth.

"What am I supposed to do then!!" her hand gripped onto the railing tight her knuckles turned white.

"I searched every shelve, every corner! I didn't leave any row, I didn't find it anywhere" Meeza stressed.

Her emphasising talk made her mother crack up again.

"You continue laughing, I'm going to pray my esha"

"Okay sorry beta suno" she tried to stop her but she stormed off from there.

Aunty Shakeela wiped off her tears and started to cough because of excess laughter.

"I haven't laughed like this since your father was alive"

"I noticed too" Saaleha smiled at her mother.

"By the way this pulao is delicious" Saaleha spoke with her mouth stuffed with rice.

"Thank you beta" She sighed with a content smile.

-

"Come in" he answered.

He was reading a book and looked up to see Meeza enter.

"Oh right on time" he looked at his clock which was 6:59.

"I'm impressed hey"

"AssalamuAlaikum"

"Waalaykumsalam" he replied to her greeting but his eyes were engrossed in his book.

Meeza didn't know what to say. She had already screwed up. She already prepared a mental scenario in her head.

The boss who she hadn't even met would fire her, she would be jobless, and her mother would be upset again. Her mother's echoing laughter shook in her head. She didn't want that to end so soon. She shut her eyes forcing away that vision which was soon to be a reality.

"Miss Ahsan"

"I didn't, I couldn't, I looked everywhere, every shelve, I cleaned every row and carefully looked for It, I didn't leave any spot"

I'm- I'm sorry, You can fire me now" she stuttered, her eyes dropping low in embarrassment.

"Hmm is that so" he answered still not looking up with a playful smirk.

Meeza eyes slowly looked up. Her eyes slowly doubled in size as she read the title of the book in his hand. He watched her eyes wide like saucers.

Her entire day including her sleepless night
had been searching for those words and seeing them now live and bold, something electrocuted inside her.

If her Niqab wasn't on he would see her mouth agape a mile away.

Her hand pointed to the book but no words came out.

"This, you!" She sputtered.

"A walk to remember!..
All along! Nooo!...
You already had it!..
Why would you?" She sputtered an angry protest.

A smile arose on his lips, this was the expression he was dying to see. He shut the book as he thought of the trouble he put her through and popped peanuts into his mouth munching greedily.

"That was the only way to get the library cleaned and sorted over night Miss Ahsan, now call me intelligent? Or call me clever?" He winked.

Meeza took a good look at the man before her.
"Unbelievable " She placed a hand to her head in disappointment.

"And all this time! All this time! Oh my goodness!"

"Oh my god!" She continued to huff.

"Its all about business here Miss Ahsan, All is fair in work, Its for your own good" he winked at her again. She hated his guts and how he behaved like he knew her. He noticed the look of displeasure in her eyes and felt sorry but kept firm on his composure.

His phone started to buzz in his pocket.
He got busy on the phone enjoying the spectrum of expressions crossing her face. Meeza slipped out of there without wasting any time.

She walked into the lift and went on the top floor. Her brain was wearing out and she felt a wave of sleepiness overcame her. She yawned praying Taawuz and remembered seeing a coffee maker somewhere.

She hadn't slept at all at the cause of a book.
She felt stupid and the last thing she wanted was her energy to drain on a work day.

She fumbled with the buttons on the coffee machine trying to figure how it worked. As the liquid gushed out in a torrent of rage she cried in help.

"Oh my god, stop! Someone stop this please" she looked around frantically in search for someone. Fortunately work hour hadn't begun and the canteen was filled with people.

"Here let me help you" a girl with medium height came forward smiling. Meeza recalled her from the meeting. She remembered her specifically because if her auburn red hair.

With a few buttons pressesd a warm coffee gushed out of the machine.

"Thank you so much" Meeza took the coffee from her hand after wiping the mess off the floor with wads of tissue.

"Bad day?" She asked flicking her red hair away from her eyes.

"Nothing a coffee won't fix" Meeza replied.

Let me guess, Hamza?" She chuckled.

"Yeah how did you know?"

"Excuse how he behaves, he doesn't mean anything he says" she placed a hand on her chest.

"You don't have to be sorry" Meeza laughed.
"Thank you for this" She raised the coffee.

"Pleasure" she smiled.

"I'm Zoya by the way"

"Nice to meet you Zoya" Meeza extended her hand.

"Nice to meet you too Meeza"

"You know me?"

"This is the first time we have officially met; But I've seen you around" she looked at Meeza and began to walk towards a table.

"That obvious? Newbie always gets noticed right" Meeza slumped onto a chair. She lifted her Niqab carefully scanning the canteen for any sign of men.

Coast was clear. She took a large sip of the coffee burning her tongue. She liked the burning sensation, it would keep her mind on it, than sleep.

"No silly, it's the face cover you wear that makes you different, it's unique, I've been wanting to meet you for days, there's just something about you that makes me want to talk to you" her hair bobbed as she spoke.

Meeza felt her heart drop.

"Thank you, That is so kind of you, she took another gulp of the warm coffee, then some more.

"Finally we meet!" A girl came running upto the two girls. Meeza dropped her Niqab in panic.

"Hi! Im-" before she had a chance to speak Zoya finished for her.

"This is Rabiya, my workmate"

"AssalamuAlaikum" Meeza greeted
and placed the cup on her mouth to drink. The cloth hit her Niqab and the cream stuck on it.

Rabiya was the first to laugh then Zoya then
All three girls burst into heaps of laughter.

"Yeah that happens most of the time" Meeza laughed.

"Sorry to scare you, you can put it back up" rabiya gestured at her Niqab.

"I was just telling her how I think it looks pretty cool" Zoya gestured at Meeza's niqab at Rabiya.

"My thoughts exactly! it gives someone something to think of, while girls like us are always showing off our faces" she nudged Zoya's arm.

"You're really pretty by the way" she continued to yap.

"Doesn't it get hot in there? Like can you breath?" Rabiya questioned, "Do you wear it on all the time? And like how do you eat and stuff??" She took a large bite of her doughnut.

"Well they are days when it gets hot, but it's better to bear the heat in this life then in the akhirat don't you think?"

"Wow that's deep" Zoya pondered on thought tapping her red nails on the metal canteen table.

"Most of the time you don't even feel it's there, hence the coffee" she raised her coffee and pointed at the stain on her niqab.

"Seems amazing you must let me try it some day, you must join us when you're free at lunch, you're jokes" Rabiya continued to talk and laughed.

"Sure I will"

"I better get to work or the boss will scream his head off again" Zoya got up slinging her bag over her shoulder.

"By the way, where is the boss? I'm so curious to see who he is" Meeza asked with curiosity throwing the disposable cup into a nearby dustbin.

Both girls looked at each other and laughed again.." You're jokes man" Rabiya laughed again walking out the canteen. Meeza looked at both in confusion then fake laughed.

"I'll see you guys later, good talk girls" Zoya waved a hand and walked off.

-

He watched her from his office, the cafeteria was right below it. He smiled as he noticed she had made friends.

He glanced at his watch and left the room. He walked upto the 3 girls seated in the corner of the cafeteria. He wanted to sneak up to hear what it was they were talking about.

"He did What?" Rabiya placed a hand to her mouth and burst into laughter.

"Yeah laugh, only I knew what I went through" Meeza spoke dramatically.

"Zoya laughed until her stomach hurt. Meeza looked at both and started to laugh too.

Hamza watched Meeza laugh and his heart fluttered. He could watch her laugh all day.

He walked upto her, hands in his pocket. He cleared his throat to stop the laughter. Rabiya fixed herself looking as serious as ever, Zoya still had her smile on.

"Miss Ahsan? May I have a word"

"Let's take a walk" he smiled.

"A walk to remember??" Zoya teased, rabiya couldn't do grip her laughter any longer and burst out.

Meeza looked embarrassed as ever.

"Sure" she gave an annoyed look getting up.

"I have something very important to tell you" he spoke gently after they left the canteen.

"Since you have labelled each book in the library and cleaned it up for me" he stifled a laughter again, he could tell from the corner of his eye she was fuming.

"Your probation period is over, the boss was very please when he saw your work"

"Really??" She stopped and turned looking at him. He continued to walk towards the exit of the building.

"Yeah, he was, and I must add, it isn't everyday the boss gets happy with someone's work"

"Who is he, I want to see him" her curious mind began to question. He met her curious eyes.

"You will meet him soon, let's get to business first" he rubbed both his hands.

"I want to add into your work, but help you at the same time" he walked backwards facing her.

"Oh no, please nothing that I can't take"

"I'm sure you will love this" he looked to the skies smiling.

"You're sure?" She questioned.

"I want you to continue where you left off in your studies" he waited to see her face.

The wind had been knocked out of her.

"What? How? I need this job for the money if I start learning how will I-"

"Ssshhh, everything will be arranged, you don't worry about a thing"

"I don't get it Hamza, sir" she quickly added.

"You're not in the building now" he laughed.

"You will be learning and working"

"How??"

"I will explain it to you"

"Wait, why are you helping me?"

"Don't question why"

"No I want to know why"

"Because I promised your father I'd help you out"

"You can go to uni In the mornings, work in the afternoon, I will make a work schedule for you"

"Aren't things going too fast?" She stopped walking.

"It's your choice, whenever you're ready, my offer is open"

"And what about the boss?? What will he say about this?"

"I will speak to him, I don't think he will be easy to convince but he will understand your situation"

-

"Meeza?" Asma could see those familiar eyes from a mile away.

Meeza waved at her from far, her bag was slung over her shoulder and folder in her hand. Meeza recalled her last meet up with Asma and decided she would ignore it and put it aside.

"Assalamu-" she was cut off by Asma's rude remark.

"How come you're here? Shouldn't you be in your husband's arms enjoying his money?or is that not enough for you?" Asma inquired sarcastically her new friends beside her laughed like maniacs.

Meeza knew it was no use knocking her head with someone like Asma. She had a stone heart.

"Why are you quiet now? Cat got your tongue? Or has your so called husband left you so you're here looking for someone new" again they tipped their head back and laughed.

"Asma let me get things straight here!" Meeza's tone was bitter and sharp.

"Oohh did you raise your tone?? You've changed a fair bit since you came back from the U.S Meeza " she glared at her ignoring her comment.

"That's what money does to people" She continued to mock her.

"Look I don't know what I have done to offend you, and your attitude doesn't seem like you want to understand anything, your thick skull won't listen to a word I say, so it would be best if we never come across each other, ever again" Meeza spoke sharply. She was tired with putting up with this.

"Sounds perfect to me" she grinned tossing her hair beside her shoulder and walking away with laughter echoing.

Meeza's stilled breath was restored and she
Walked towards the university registry office.

-

"You okay dear?" Aunty Shakeela asked her daughter, "You seem to be quiet since you started University this week is there a problem? Can you manage both work and study?"

"No mum nothing like that, I'm trying to"

"Asma again?" Saaleha jumped on the couch next to her munching on a chocolate.

"No I'm just working on my essay" She waved her folder.

"If you don't want to share it's a different matter"

Aunty Shakeela had guessed correctly, she had been withdrawn and lost. Even though Asma had apologised to Meeza and had started hang out just like before she still seemed dazed and her sorry didn't really help how she felt. She had everything going as she wanted but still wasn't happy or content. The divorce papers week just on her mind no matter how hard she tried. When she was home she wanted to run out, and when she was out she wanted to be home. She couldn't help how she felt.

"I'm okay, if there is anything I will let you know, I'm going to pray my namaz" she pulled her Namaz Chadar from the sofa she had propped it on earlier.

-
"Is Hamza still acting weird with you" Saaleha asked after Meeza made her salaam and dua.

"Tell me about it" she rolled her eyes.

"Explain weird"

"I don't understand him honestly, few days ago he was running after me like a lost puppy, literally being my bodyguard, and now he's bossing me around"

A smile spread across Saaleha's lips.

"What don't you get about that? He's playing around with you"

"But why"

"Because you've been giving him the cold shoulder, it's tit for tat now"

"No I don't think So, he's so rude and harsh, And and and dominating!" She struggled to look for the word.

"Hah really?? I don't believe it" She continued to laugh.

"Yeah laugh, only I know what I'm going through" she pulled a cushion from her bed and wacked it at her.

"Pray your esha!"

-

A few months passed by as though it was a week, Meeza was busy most of the time, things were beginning to get much better for all three, but things can't be going good for too long right?

It felt like the quiet before a storm. It was just too quiet. Like a strange dense fog was covering.
Meeza felt strange that day, there was something off, just like a solar eclipse day, she felt weird, as though something was about to occur.

Her mind was trying to figure out what was wrong with this day but it didn't compute.
Just like the first time when Meeza's life changed with a phone call, this day felt like that.

Meeza covered her hand from the sun shining in her eyes and picked her vegetable basket from the lawn and walked out the gate greeting the vegetable seller.

Aunty Shakeela was engrossed in her daily routine, she was ironing clothes in her room,

Saaleha was in her room watching YouTube videos of a girl who got famous overnight. This is pretty much how every Saturday morning went.

The phone ringing cut the silence.

Of course Saaleha had her earphones plugged in and was pretty much lost in her own world. It was very unlikely for her to answer it and Aunty Shakeela was in her room. Her bedroom was at the far end of the corridor. She ignored it having in mind Meeza was there.

The second time it rang however, Meeza entered the house with vegetables from outside washing them and placing them in the fridge.

"Saaleha phone uthao" Meeza yelled at her while she bend down to place the vegetables in the fridge.

"Saaleha???" She called her again.

"Where is this girl when you need her"
She opened her room door and ran upto her unplugging her earphones furiously.

"You can at least answer the phone! you do nothing anyway!"

She then walked out dragging her slippers on the floor, she walked to answer the phone and swiped it but her wet hands wouldn't let it work. She wiped it with her scarf and then swiped up.

"Hello" she answered while looking up at the time. It was almost time for lunch and she hadn't decided what to cook. Her thoughts drifted away as she realised she hadn't heard a reply.

"Hello?"

"Crrrr"

"Hello???" She spoke louder. Just as her finger was about to swipe to cut the call a deathly voice replied giving her chills.

"Meeza"

Her finger was left midair. She placed the phone onto her ear and waited thinking she imagined it.

"Meeza"

"S-saahir?" She swallowed nervously before she breathlessly called out his name. She hadn't said his name aloud in months.

"You okay?"

She felt as if the ground had slipped from beneath her feet. She slowly sat down on a couch to control her shakey self.

Saaleha watched Meeza' s horrified look. She went and stood next to her waiting to hear what he wanted. When she heard Meeza say his name something jolted her.

"Come back" his voice was on the verge of tears, "please, come back home"

"Is everything okay?" In spite her effort to control herself, her voice faltered. Saaleha looked at her sister like she was an alien. She could not believe Meeza was falling for his pretend.

"Come back home Meeza, come back"

"Are you okay Saahir ? What's wrong-"

Saaleha cut her short by pulling the phone off her sisters grip and cut the call.

"What is this rubbish" She asked angrily.
"What do you think you are doing?" She shouted again.

Tears sprang from Meeza's eyes.

"He wants me back" Meeza stuttered.

"He send you divorce papers! Now he's calling you to come back!" Saaleha sputtered angrily.

"Kya horaha hai!" Aunty Shakeela ran holding her chest, She had heard Saaleha's screams and ran.

"Ask your daughter what she was about to do!"

"What happened Meeza" Aunty Shakeela saw her daughter in a bewildered state.

"Saahir called her to come back! That's what happened"

"He sounded upset" Meeza tried to protest.

"Don't let his crocodile tears get to you Meeza, those words he wrote on the divorce papers were enough to have you dead by now, he doesn't care about you, he's a selfish man"

"He seemed worried, I'm sure there's something wrong" she wiped her tears.

"Or maybe he needs a worker to clean the house and cook for him" Saaleha retorted.

"Enough Saaleha!" Aunty Shakeela's voice boomed.

"It's okay Meeza" Aunty Shakeela sat down and rubbed Meeza's back.

"No it's not okay" Saaleha thundered, " Why don't you two see it's Wrong, what if Meeza had the papers signed by now! Then what?? how can he just call casually and say come back? is this the respect he gives her?"

"He knows I wouldn't sign the papers, that's why he called me, he needs me, I need to know what's wrong, give me my phone" Meeza spoke this time she got up and went to grab her phone again.

"Not over my dead body" Saaleha switched the phone and put it back in her pocket.

"Mum he phoned to ask me to come back home" Meeza wiped her tears and spoke with a trembling chin.

"He asked her to come back! To come back!" Saaleha's voice overpowered Meeza's

"Saaleha! I'm talking to Meeza, look at your age then talk, don't interfere with your sisters matters" again Aunty Shakeela scolded her.

"Interfere?? When the elders can't do what's right the younger have to teach them how to deal with it! She's not going back!"

"Saaleha!! Lower your tone!!" Her voice grew louder, she made a mental note if teaching her a few lessons of speaking to elders. Meeza's tears flowed faster.

"Give me her phone right now!"

"Fine! Do what you want! Go back and get hit! Why should I care" she threw the phone on the sofa and went off in a fit of rage.

"Meeza for now leave this, if it's important he will call you again"

She nodded her head in assent.

"Go sleep beta, you have work tomorrow, we'll think about this some other time, don't worry yourself you're already very weak"

"Jee ammi"

-

"Why is he doing this to you?" Rabiya shook her head.

"I have no clue" Meeza dropped her face on the bunch of books she had on the table.

"Anyways I'll get back to work, if you need me let me know"

"Are you feeling fine?"

"Yeah I'm fine hun, just had a rough night"

"Did you have anything to eat??"

"No I don't feel like"

"Take care of yourself, please" she gave her a hug and left the canteen. Meeza smiled at Her, she only known her for a few weeks but she had grown close to her.

"Meeza, he's calling you in his office" Zoya appeared with a bun in her hand.

Meeza dropped her shoulders.

"I'm really not up for this"

"You'll be fine" she sat down taking a bite.

-

"AssalamuAlaikum" she greeted "You called me?" She asked in a polite way not looking him in the eye. She didn't want to ruin her day.

"Waalaykumsalam, yes please come in"

"I have a new job for you" he removed a file from his desk.

He gave her instructions and she nodded in assent. He noticed she wasn't in the mood and decided to let her be and shrug it off.

"Anything else" she asked still not looking at him.

He removed his glasses and payed close attention to her face.

"Are you feeling fine Miss Ahsan?" He saw her eyes had bags under them.

"I'm okay" she replied casually,
she stood up gathering the file and papers.

"You don't sound convincing"

"Oh you really shouldn't be worrying about me" she replied sarcastically.

She carried the files in her left arm and slung her bag on the left.

"Meeza are you Okay?"

She paused suddenly. He had called her by her name after weeks. Her posture crumpled, and heavy tears formed in her eyes.

She turned and looked up at him and nodded. That one look of hers was enough for Hamza to understand.

"Alright, Stop right there" he ordered.

"I have alot of work pending please let me"

"I'm ordering you to come here"

She shut her eyes controlling her tears. All the composure she had in her was withering.

She walked back into his room and sat down, eyes down.

He stood up from his chair and walked to her sitting down next to her.

"What's wrong Meeza, did someone say anything to you?"

He had alot of thoughts churning inside him.

Was I too hard on her? He thought to himself.

"Meeza?? You can talk to me"

"There's nothing to talk about" she replied coldly.

"Have you had anything to eat this morning?"

"No"

"You're beginning to worry me Meeza you look so weak right now"

"Really? You can't see my face"

"I don't need to see your face to know something is wrong ! Now can you tell me what is up with you?"

"I'm not obliged to answer to any of your questions" came her stern reply.

He leaned for his phone on the table and dialed a number.

"Zoya please send 2 cups of coffee and sandwiches please" he cut the call.

"Look I need to get the done in time so I can catch a cab and make it in time for uni, I have extra lessons today"

"No you're not going, I haven't dismissed you, Now, penny for your thoughts"

"I will finished with these by the end of the day" Meeza changed the subject getting up.

Zoya entered the office a few minutes later interrupting. She pushed a trolley inside and placed it beside both their chairs. She knew she was interfering so she didn't say a word.

"Now, coffee" he folded his arms and kept his gaze on her.

The idea of the sandwiches didn't sound so bad and her stomach grumbled at the mere sight.

An awkward silence set in as he realised.
He stood up taking his mug of coffee and faced the other way, looking out the window giving her her space.

Meeza smiled looking at him turn his back. She liked how he respected her. Her eyes landed on the sandwiches with cheese drooping.
She lifted her Niqab and began to eat hungrily.

"I know I have been a real jerk these past few days" he cleared his throat and spoke.

"So it was deliberate?" Came her immediate reply.

"But it's all part of the business Meeza, I didn't want anyone to think wrong of us, if it's that I apologise, I may have pushed it abit too far" he looked at his shoulder and spoke.

"Don't worry, you haven't done anything" Meeza spoke through a mouthful finishing the crumbs.

"Then what is it Meeza, you know I can't see you worried"

"I'm done, you can turn around now" she avoided his question again and dropped her Niqab on her face.

"Thank you for the coffee" she stood up dusting her abaya.

"Hey wait" he shifted and sat down on his place.

"Am I not worth your thoughts? At all?" His eyes met hers.

"Please just let me go" she begged.

"Fine, I'll find out from Saaleha"
She raised an eyebrow and dropped herself back on the seat. He gave her a look of plead. Meeza sat down rolling her eye's.

"He wants me back" she blurted.

His face went pale.

She could feel the lump rise in her throat.
"He sounded worried, in pain"

Hamza raised an eyebrow and leaned against his chair, arms folded.

"As expected" he mumbled under his breath.

"I just, I don't understand what I should do, what action do I take, is he pretending? If yes should I be falling for his fake tears, what if he isn't pretending? What if something serious has happened? Is it wrong if I don't go? What if he becomes how he was? What if he never let's me back? What if he hurts me again? What if all this is for revenge"

"Okay hold on! That's too many what ifs!"

"I'm sorry I just have so many possible things in my head, I musn't forget the fact that I left him to bleed, what do I do??"

"And he didn't hurt you did he?" He sarcastically pointed out, one eyebrow arching.

She looked away stalling his question.

"Fine call him, ask him why he wants you back"

"Actually, don't, if he needs you he will call you" he quickly added.

"And mind you Meeza, I don't want you to sound weak" he raised a finger.

Meeza dropped her back on the seat and sighed.

"No! You have to make yourself strong, I don't want you to appear weak in front of him, do you understand that! You're not weak, and this time I'm with you, your mum is with you on this, you have all of our support"

"Understood" Meeza mumbled.

"I'm so scared of going back" she dropped her shoulders and tears rolled off her eyes.

"Meeza calm down, you're going to be Fine"
He hated seeing her like this, he wanted to remove all the pain out of her.

"I just feel like running away from here, or vanishing into the skies, going somewhere where no one can see me or know who I am, to change my identity and forget about everything and everyone"

"It hurts, I feel so hurt, what of my dignity? He gave me so much pain, even after giving me divorce papers,"

"Because he knows you won't let him down, he knows, he expected from you because he knows you will still go back to him, because it's who you are Meeza, this is your father's upbringing"

"I don't like how I am, I want to be like those girls that have no feelings, like Zoya, or like Asma, that only think about themselves, for once I want to think of myself only, do I have to go back? Should I?"

"You don't have to"

"But I need to know what's wrong"

"There it is, you complain yet you want to"

"I know I'm a mess"

He pulled a box of tissue roll from the last draw and passed them to her.

"Hey look at me"

"No matter what, I'm always going to be here for you" a strange sensation of relief surrounded her and she jolted back to reality. This was wrong her innerself told her.

"Thank you Hamza" she took the tissue from his hand and pressed it into her eyes.

"Lets find out what he's upto and why he needs you back, then let me know okay?"

"Hmm"

He repeated confirming her reply.
"Okay?"

"Okay"

"Okay, For now, go home, rest, you need lots of It, then think of all this"

"Leave this" he pushed the files away from her.

"But-"

"For once" he cut her short.

"Say yes without an argument " he held both his hands in surrender making her laugh.

"Thanks for the coffee" she thanked him getting up.

-

"I'm home!" Meeza pulled off her niqab and flung it across her bed.

Meeza drew a sigh of relief on seeing her bed after a long day, she fell flat on her bed.

"Home so soon?" Saaleha mumbled from the corner of the room, her voice startling Meeza.

"I was told to come home and rest" she got up giving the room another look. That's when she noticed her sister who was seated on the floor next to her bed.

"Yeah of course you will need It, lots and lots of it, the war you're going for, you will need lots of build up and energy" she threw her sarcasm.

"Back at it again?" She unclasped her sandal and looked over her shoulder at her sister who was now perched on the window sill.

Saaleha scoffed in reply.

"Do what you want, who am I to worry about?"

"For goodness sake, Saaleha stop behaving like a child, what have I even done to you?" she undid her other sandal and looked over at her.

"Nothing unusual, just going back to live with the beast again"

Meeza did not reply, she began to undo her hijab removing her pins.

"Go on ignore me, then miss me when he won't let you call us, or send you here, ever again" Saaleha was furious.

"Enough! I haven't done anything yet have I? He's the one that called me, I don't see anything wrong"

"I want to know what you're planning to do"

"Just give me some time, I need to first decide what I want"

"Sure I'll give you time, enough for you to plan your getaway"

"I'm not going to Chicago!"

"At least not now.." She added sheepishly.

"But you will"

"Yes, but not now"

"But you are"

"Ugh"

"So you have made up your mind, I knew that's what you wanted"

"Saaleha listen to me Atleast, let me explain!"

"And you call me your sister"

Saaleha got up and got into her bed covering her face with her blanket.

After silence fell in Meeza lied down on her bed stretching her feet and looked at Saaleha who had her back facing her.

"I need to know why he wants me back, it must be serious, he called me because he expects from me, I can't leave him hanging at a time like this"

"But he could" she mumbled underneath her pillow.

"I'm not him, and this time I won't let him oppress him, I'm not weak anymore, once I found out what he wants, it has to be a genuine reason ofcourse he wouldn't call me for reason, but I will help him out, and I will come back as soon as possible, I won't let him get to me anymore" she felt better saying it aloud.

Saaleha was taken aback. She removed her blanket and looked at Meeza who was watching her intently.

"Are you with me?"

She looked at her quietly for a few moments then nodded her head.

-

Translations will now be included in the comments section, I personally feel translating next to the word changes the flow of the chapter, it distracts me when I read a book like that and I will prevent from doing so, those who have trouble in understanding can read the comments section (anyone volunteering to help out ? Would really appreciate the effort)
😊

Hope you have a blessed day ahead of you, please drop a vote and do comment!

To know what I'm upto add me on Instagram @notjustarandomhijabi

Notjustarandomhijabi 🐞
xx

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

238K 9K 34
"You will not meet that man again" He warned her and try to control his anger. "Why should I listen you-" "Because you're my wife don't ever forget t...
281K 11.9K 32
« Sequel of RÚẞÅRÚ - Í$H¶ » «Stand Alone Book» ~ ZÁ¥¥ÁÑ ~ "The world is all about give and take, Create your OWN°°° ~ Á¥€DÁ ~ "The wor...
779K 28.9K 21
"Bu...But we are married" I tried to defend myself "But I don't consider you my wife, get the hell out of my room" He yelled I couldn't help but ju...
Stand by me Da Asmau Saidu

Narrativa generale

21.3K 1.1K 69
STAND BY ME❤️ #10 in spiritual ranking( 10/12/2023)😍 #1 in spiritual (15/12/2023) Life as a female Muslim, growing up in a strict community in Pakis...