LIGHT AND DARK ( jack klin...

By -itsurgirlkyah

In which, the birth of Lucifer's son awakens Amara's darkest secret. [cover by @pepperronys] [under editing] ... More

INTRODUCTION
ACT ONE
PROLOGUE | 0. the awakening
ONE | i. the nephilm encounter
TWO | ii. angels get hungry too
FOUR | 04
FIVE | 05
SIX | 06
SEVEN | 07
EIGHT | 08 | PLOT BREAK
NINE | 09
TEN | 10
ELEVEN

THREE | 03

7.9K 282 82
By -itsurgirlkyah

_____

{CHAPTER THREE: HE'S DEAD}
_____

SERENITY PASSED JACK a bar labeled 'Twix' while he passed her one labeled 'Dark Chocolate Milky Way'. The two had been munching on the candy Jack had been getting from the bending machine.

The girl carefully unwrapped the bar and took a bite out of it, before smiling. "This one's fantastic!"

The lights flickered again when she spoke. It had been doing that a lot lately, whenever Jack placed his hand on the side of the candy machine, or whenever Serenity really liked the candy bar the two boys insisted she try. So far the Twix and Dark Chocolate Milky Way bars where her favorite.

But her all time favorite thing so far, was Goldfish.

The door behind them suddenly opened causing the three to glance back at the returned women.

Clark smiled briefly. "Oh, hi mom."

Serenity leaned back and watched as the lady face contorted into confusion. "Uh, A-Are you okay?"

"Yeah, Jack and Serenity were just hungry." He casted a strange looked towards the two before looking back at his mom. "I don't think they've ever had candy before."

Jack turned to grin at the women. "I like it. I like nougat!"

"Oh and Goldfish!" Serenity chimed in, grinning brightly. Clark laughed. "He really does." He pointed to the girl. "And she's obsessed."

"D-did you see," The women paused to looked up at the ceiling. "There's something wrong with the lights."

"Yeah, it's- it's crazy." Clark hummed. "Jack show her the thing." Serenity went to stop him, not really understanding why. She just didn't think it was a good idea, showing the human something that wasn't human, but her Nephilm friend had already gotten up.

Jack glanced back, his eyes lingering on Serenity as if sensing her concerned mind. He then placed his hand on the machine.

Lights flickered as candy bars and bags of chips fell out of the box. Clark laughed while the lady looked astonished but also fearful, a look Serenity knew to well.

"Yeah, Dude's magic."

Serenity got to her feet as well, abandoning the snickers bar and went over to Jack. Her anxiety was skyrocketing. By the look on the Sheriff's face, she knew that Jack shouldn't have done that.

The women lips parted. "Jack, how did you do that?" The quiver in her voice gained the blonde's full attention.

Jack laughed. "I don't know."

Serenity saw the unassure look on the woman's face, and decided it was time to go. She leaned toward Jack. "Maybe we should g-"

Her voice was cut out by her whimpering in pain when a high pitched ringing filled her mind. Her eyes burned as the flashed an inhuman crystal blue. Her knees buckled sending her into Jack, who managed to get an arm around her.

It wasn't until then, had she noticed he was suffering too. He could hear them as well. The voices.

"What's wrong?" Serenity vaguely heard the sheriff ask. Serenity shook her head as another wave of pain flew through her making her squeeze her eyes shut.

Jack grunted, and moved pasted the two human, with Serenity latched to his side, but the woman grabbed Serenity's arm. The girl turned quickly, letting a blue misty force knock the woman into the machine.

Serenity stopped and looked to her hand in shock, but then another wave hit. The girl hurriedly followed Jack out of the room. The two struggled as lights blew out about their heads. Whether it was Jack's or Serenity's power that caused it, they didn't know.

They both stumbled into the desk area and collapsed. Jack only found the strength to pull himself up when he caught sight of a man.

His eyes shined brighter as he took a a step in front of Serenity, who still withered in pain on the ground behind him. But before he or Serenity, who struggled to get up, could do anything, Jack was sent to the floor by a jolt of electricity.

"Jack!" The girl finally managed to stand her eyes flashing at the man, who had been behind her and her friend. "You hurt him."

He tried to taze her but it held no affect. She only pulled the wire off of her skin and took a step forward.

The look on the taller man's face was enough to make her snap back to reality. He was scared of her. Then it changed into a look of relief just as the man behind her knocked her over the head with the butt of a riffle.

Black enveloped Serenity's vision as she fell to the floor, beside Jack.

____

The first to wake up was Jack. He glanced around himself before his eyes landed on Serenity, who was asleep across from him. Then everything that happened cane back to him.

The part angel jumped up, practically growling, and flashed his eyes at the taller man, who sat locked in a cell with the two strangely powerful beings. Jack had yet again placed himself in front of the girl.

"Easy, easy!" The man held his hands up in defense. "I'm not going to hurt you." Jack's gaze shifted behind him slightly to see Serenity unconscious, which only fueled his anger. Sam noticed. "Or her."

"You've already hurt us." Jack responded lowly.

"Yes I did. I'm sorry." The man stuttered. "I was just trying to slow you down. You two were- are you alright?"

That question seemed to calm Jack down. "I don't know. I was scared." His eyes dimmed unto it's natural color. He glanced back at the blonde. "We were scared. And when we get scared, things happen. I can't stop them."

"Why were you scared?" The man asked hesitantly.

"Because of the voices. They were so loud, so angry." At this point, Jack was shaking, due to anger and fear.

"Do you hear them now?" Jack immedantly relaxed when he realized he didn't hear them at all. He was fine. "No."

"Good." The man let out a breathless laugh, seeming yo relax as well. "Good."

The Nephilm sat criss cross on the bench, slightly scaring the man with the action. "I'm sorry."

"What?"

"Will you tell them that I'm sorry?" Jack repeated. The man looked taken back by the question. The boy was looking for forgiveness and that surprised the man. It was something completely different than he expected.

He cleared his throat. "Yeah, sure. Of course." The tall guy, who Jack remembered as Sam, hesitated for a moment. "Jack, how are yo- How are we talking right now? I mean, your not even a day old. How do you speak English?"

Jack smiled to himself at the question. The Nephilm envisioned his mother talking to him, how he instantly learned from what his mother already knew. He needed to grow up, so he did just that.

But sadness filled him as he thought about what happened to his mother. She was gone.

He looked down. "My mother taught me."

Sam nodded, deep in thought on which questions to ask and which he should wait on. "So you talked to her?"

The part angel glanced up again, smiling. "I was her."

The younger Winchester sat back while he processed what Jack had told him. Dealing with a Nephilm was something he and his brother had never dealt with before. It was completely new to him, so he needed to remember every he learned.

"Okay." He nodded. "And your powers did she teach you those too?"

Jack stood as Sam talked. He walked over to the back wall of the room, placing his hand against it. "No, I don't know why these things happen. It's like I'm me but," Jack looked back at the moose of a man. " not me."

"What about her?" Sam asked. Jack immedantly looked over to the girl behind him. "Who is sh-," Sam paused, thinking back to the crystal blue flash of Serenity's defense eyes. "What is she?"

And that was the first question Serenity heard as she finally became aware of her surrounding, aware of the man who hurt Jack. As her mind being to process, a groan sounded from her lips, which earned all of Jack's attention. He was at her side in an instant.

He wanted to know if she was okay. He needed to know. Because he felt protective of her.

The only thought that ran through her head was to protect Jack and herself. She was scared, scared of Sam, scared of the voices and scared of herself, because she remembered was she did to that lady.

The blonde was up as quickly as Sam brought his hands up in defense again. Her own eyes flared as she went to lunged at the man. Jack caught her waist just in time, restraining her from attacking.

"Serenity!" His voice echoed through the jail cell as well as her own mind. Her attention was drawn from the man and to Jack who held her tightly. Her eyes faded from the unnatural glow and to their deep blue as they met Jack's.

"Jack?" The Nephilm smiled at the blonde, who relaxed slightly in Jack's arms. He could still feel her fear as she glanced from Sam to Jack. And then she realized she was caged. "Why are we locked up?"

"We're safe, okay?" Jack told her. "He's not going to hurt us again." She nodded as Jack let go of her. She sent a glared in Sam's direction.

"Emphasis on 'again'." She muttered, as she looked around.

"Who are you?" Serenity but her lip as she turned to Sam.

"I'm Serenity." Sam nodded, with a raised brow. "What are you?"

Instead of answering his question, Serenity only sat back down on the farthest bench away from Sam. She didn't trust him.

Jack seemed to notice her uncertainty, but didn't comment as he walked back over to the wall. "Jack when you were born, you opened a door to another world. Do you remember that?"

Jack seemed to be getting irritated by all the questions. He leaned against the wall with his hand, as it curled into a fist. "Yes."

"Kay, Could you do it again?" Serenity tilted her head. Sam had it wrong.

Jack didn't answer his question. When Sam wanted him to remember, Jack had looked deeper into his memories. He was unlocking everything he needed to know.

"I don't- I," The Nephilm glanced at Serenity who was looking to the ground, in thought. "I have to find my father. He'll protect me." Jack spoke as he caught Serenity's eye. "He'll protect us."

Jack was trying to give the blonde reassurance. He wanted her to know she was safe. But he wasn't even certain they were safe.

"Jack, you've got to listen to me." Sam told him. "That's not what Lucifer does."

The girl's head snapped up at the name. Lucifer. She needed to find him. He could answer her questions. He would know where Amara is. He could help her. Serenity could trust him, after all, he did help her become what she was. She had some of his power flowing through her veins.

Lucifer was like an older brother to her.

Jack laughed, causing Serenity to look over at him. "Lucifer?" The Nephilm shook his head. "No, that's not his name. My father is Castiel."

And by the look on Sam's face, he was surprised. "What?"

Serenity rolled her eyes. "Must you continuously ask 'what'? It's annoying."

Sam didn't even spare her a glance. "My mother, she said Castiel, he would keep me safe. She said the work was a dangerous place. That's why I couldn't be a baby, or a child. I had to grow up fast. That's why I chose him to be my father."

Serenity stood as Jack sat down, and moved over so that she sat beside him. Sam's expression told her the worst. Her knew Castiel, but he wasn't okay. "Where is he?"

Jacks question caused Sam to grow a very concerned look. "He's dead."

Serenity felt Jack intertwine their hands together, as a dark expression grew on the young Nephilm's face.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

84.5K 3.9K 53
**Set in Season 11** **YOU MUST READ BOOKS 1 AND 2 [ROGUE AND MARKED] BEFORE TOUCHING THIS ONE** "Once you let the darkness in, there's no go...
2.9K 134 28
The Winchester brothers have problems with Archangel Michael and his desire to conquer and destroy their world. When a huntress comes across their pa...
91.9K 1K 57
requests closed โœ”๏ธŽ Disclamer: I wrote this when I was 15, so please understand that the language and the way it's written is not perfect <3 โ˜ฝ๏ธŽโ˜ผ๏ธŽ..โ€ข...
10.9K 661 11
cover it all up with lies i try to laugh about it hiding the tears in my eyes cause ๐—•๐—ข๐—ฌ๐—ฆ ๐——๐—ข๐—ก'๐—ง ๐—–๐—ฅ๐—ฌ โ—ฆโ€ขโ—ฆ seasons 3 - ?? *slow updates* โ—ฆโ€ขโ—ฆ W...