If Mayors Ruled The World [Du...

By moniqueph

This is a Duterte - Robredo fan fiction story. They found his body, 2012, and buried it. They found his body... More

Author's Note
"Apo"
"What If"
"Offer"
"His Happy Place"
"Leni"
"Threat"
"Root cause and action plan"
"King and Queen"
"Dark Horses"
"Thinking of You"
"Confrontation"
"Still Into You"
"Ikaw pa rin"
"Left Turns"
"Close but not close enough"
"Checkmate"
"Foreknowledge"
"Camarines Sur"
"Forthcoming"
"Rolling Thunder"
"The Heart in the Midst"
"Double cross"
"Meet me in Calabanga"
"Atonement"
"Blackmail"
"What would you do if you know you'd never get caught?"
"Sonnet 87"
"Better days"

"Mr. Firebrand"

155 7 0
By moniqueph

A/N. This story is nearing its planned ending years after I started writing it HAHAHAHAHA! Thank you for the support! I hope you enjoy this one. Look forward for the next chapters. :)

Bahay Pangarap, Malacanan Compound

Jesse PoV

As we settled down, me in my barong, him in his pajamas, I detailed to him the talks I had, with Grace and with various sector leaders. He nods from time to time and just let me talk. When I finished, he just looked at me.

"Are you assessing the accuracy of my statements, Mr. President?"

His eyes bulged but he let out a small smile.

"Relax ka lang, Moises."

I laughed nervously. "Remember the end goal, Sir. Dun lang ako nakatingin."

"I know." 

We looked at each other for a while, then laughed loudly.

"Di mo naman ako susuntukin ngayon no?" He joked and I laughed again.

"Seloso ka masyado; asawa niya ako, pero matindi ka." I tell him.

"Akala ko pakakawalan mo na siya?" He told me, his eyes twinkling.

"So those were real threats, Digong?"

He just looked down. 

I laughed again. "Wow. You know we're on the same side, right?" 

He nodded like a defeated kid in bato bato pick. "They say, that I have strategy in everything I do. They got that wrong." He told me as he looked at me in the eye and I look back, amused.

"Mukha nga."

"Well, depende. Depende," He murmured, his stare suddenly dreamy. 

I can only laugh at his reaction. Clearly, he is badly smitten by her, but I still don't know how deep he is in the mud.

I leaned forward to him. "Mayor, you know I'm going to deliver to you what you want - what we want. You know what I want - I just want her safe."

He nodded. 

"Let us be careful though, people are starting to notice we have our eyes on Leni - naisip ko lang na they might use her."

"They can't and she won't."

"Sure ka?" I asked him.

"You doubt your wife?"

"No. I do not trust them."

"Trust me; but yes, let us stop for now. At least alam nila na maraming nakatingin kay Leni, they would have to be more careful."

"I trust you but they shot her despite you knowing things, Digong."

He suddenly looked serious. "Now you know why we have to be steps in advance, because some people will stop at nothing."

"Will you stop them or can you stop them?" I asked him.

"Do not force my hand into it."

--

Digong PoV

Jesse left at around 2 in the morning and he's right - I can not be put to sleep by the things I just heard. I have a 6 am later and I just decided to lie on my back and look at the ceiling.

I knew some of the things he told me, not as detailed but on the same wavelength. I sighed. I'm not as surprised with some of the revelations but I have to admit it worries me. I'm glad that Jesse did not fail me on anything I wanted him to do.

And I'm sure he will not fail me until the end.

I close my eyes and thought of something that will probably be a decision in the days to come. 

 Or a strategy. 

Whatever. 

--

DILG-NAPOLCOM, HQ

Jesse Pov

I felt bad a little bit.

I felt bad because I had to get Digong's assurance on the common ground that we are fighting for because he controls all these. I offered him my services because he gave me a new life - but now that I think about it, it can't be just about him. I cannot live this new life just because of him - I have to live this 2nd life  the way I want to, because I can.

I slumped in my chair and put my palms flat on my face.

A lot of people are talking to me because from their perspective, I do what I do because I am what I am - they do not know that I owe someone something that's why I'm doing what I do. 

I looked at my sweaty hands.

I have to do this for myself - for this new life - and not for anybody else. I know my principles, my beliefs and it's not going to pull anybody down.

I sighed and thought of something that will probably be my decision in the days to come.

--

As days going into the polls come nearer, politics became clearer. I started reaching out more to the other candidates, some of them opposition. I skipped campaigns and sorties and rallies organized by the OP for me. I gathered as much information as I can from these new found friends and took notes. I generated weekly reports for The President to read and assess. I started criticizing his approach on some policies and offered alternatives. I made sure people of all political color listened to what I have to say - even though most of them do not like me. 

My managers were worried that my numbers will slip but I rally on. Harder hurdles were thrown against me - that I am a spy, a fake supporter, a trojan horse, an ungrateful disciple - but I decided to just continue and keep the goal in mind - win.

I also asked, officially, the current Vice President to run with me. People warned me that I just declared World War III - 

- but no word from the President. 

I haven't talked to Leni either. There's no news about her and her whereabouts and she released no statement to my invite. 

"Espinosa: Last minute melt-down", a headline read about me. 

While the numbers are still with me, I thought, I will make sure I'll make it.

--

Rizal Hall, Malacanang Palace

Digong PoV

I've been silently monitoring Jesse's campaign since the beginning and I've never been not pleased. He is really his own man who's skilled at what he does - after all, he has been mayor for as long as I was - but probably, better. On this last stretch, I saw drastic changes in his approach and I could not help but laugh. I wonder when did he made that decision to just go all out. I saw the seasoned politician in him and despite the unusual, sometimes outrageous (inviting Leni) moves he made, his figures are still up. 

He's now being targeted by some media outlets because of the "sudden fire" in his statements, even switching between defending and criticizing me. Sabi ko nga kay Jun, "mas galit pa ang media sa kanya kesa sa akin," - and I knew then that he's going to make it. 

I was made aware that today, through a special session of both houses of congress, that I will be leading the transition government until it is time to turn it over to the rightful winner of the coming elections. 

Elections will continue but the winners will take over after the transition, the timeline of which is unknown as of the moment. 

This has been agreed by both legislative houses, as an additional power lodged to them on top of the power of the purse. 

I am against this - the winners of the upcoming elections should be seated as soon as they're proclaimed. They should not wait. I know that people try to put me where they want me to be because I'm already outgoing, to satisfy their agendas.

I will not agree to it and I already made my decision.

"Mr. President?"

I called for an emergency press conference that no one saw coming. I nodded to Robert and walked to the podium, facing hundreds of media men ready to record my every word and move. 

"Good afternoon, my fellow country men. Later this afternoon, there will be a special session of Congress and I am invited to speak - as the new transition leader as agreed by the Legislative branch, in accordance with the committee rules. 

This is in time for the coming elections, where you and me, will elect the next leaders of this country. Initially, he or she was agreed to be the one leading the transition government but due to some changes and development in committee rules, he or she will just assume the position after transition. 

I personally, do not agree. I believe that winners of this upcoming elections should take over this government once proclaimed and should not wait until the end of transition. Let us protect the sanctity of our votes and that whoever we chooses now - this upcoming elections - be given the chance to exercise their power in the same time frame that they'll win. 

As such, I, the President, is stepping down from my position effective the time a transition government is already in place which is upon the declaration of winners of this upcoming elections."

--

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.7K 843 18
Find out what's next in the story of Bong Bong Marcos and Leni Robredo in Lead Me to Love 3. #letlovelead #bongleni #phpolitics
12K 572 11
Aika Robredo x Female Reader One Shots DISCLAIMER: This is a work of pure fiction. Any semblance to works, names, places in real life are unintention...
2K 9 16
โš ๐”๐ฉ๐๐š๐ญ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐š๐ ๐š๐ข๐งโš  โš ๐’๐ฅ๐จ๐ฐ ๐”๐ฉ๐๐š๐ญ๐ž๐ฌโš  โš ๐”๐๐ƒ๐„๐‘ ๐‘๐„๐–๐‘๐ˆ๐“๐“๐ˆ๐๐†โš  This book is inspired by @KumoriTodoroki234 I searched up...
67.2K 1.5K 34
SIX YEARS - BOOK 1 President Rody Duterte and VP Leni Robredo agrees to pretend that they are together until the end of their six year term in order...