If Mayors Ruled The World [Du...

By moniqueph

This is a Duterte - Robredo fan fiction story. They found his body, 2012, and buried it. They found his body... More

Author's Note
"Apo"
"What If"
"Offer"
"His Happy Place"
"Leni"
"Threat"
"Root cause and action plan"
"King and Queen"
"Dark Horses"
"Thinking of You"
"Confrontation"
"Still Into You"
"Ikaw pa rin"
"Left Turns"
"Checkmate"
"Foreknowledge"
"Camarines Sur"
"Forthcoming"
"Rolling Thunder"
"The Heart in the Midst"
"Double cross"
"Mr. Firebrand"
"Meet me in Calabanga"
"Atonement"
"Blackmail"
"What would you do if you know you'd never get caught?"
"Sonnet 87"
"Better days"

"Close but not close enough"

268 10 6
By moniqueph

A/N: For MCA. :)

Digong's POV

Undisclosed location

I sat in the midst of darkness. I do not know how many security detail I'm with, I ordered them to look after the woman who'll replace me if something happens to me and I do not know if they followed my orders. We can never be ready, I thought to myself, staring at the pitch black in front of me. They ask me why I am so angry with god at times and I can slap this situation in their faces if I can. They say I'm crazy, I say, who isn't in this world? I sighed loudly.

Right now, my mind is blank but my heart aches. I felt this before, this ache. It was when my wife, the love of my life, the one who believed in me and I thought to stand by me 'till death told me she's leaving. My heart ached but I did not wear it on my sleeves. But deep inside, I wanted to leave too - on the face of this goddamned earth.

I was told that she's fine, this another love of my life, who was shot in the church. Earlier that day, I recalled, I joked her to marry me. She just laughed and I knew it was over. I do not believe that a man dies only once – I died earlier when I saw Jesse, Moises, looked at us and my mind reminded me that the woman beside me, is not mine - and probably will never be mine. I jolted back from the dead. I sighed loudly.

"Rudy?" A voice came.

I did not move.

"Are you there?"

I know who this is. Another heartache.

"Can we talk?" She pleaded.

I sighed. "Bakit ka andito?"

"I'm looking for you." She sat on the other end of the bench I'm sitting on.

"Why?" I asked.

"Are you okay?" She asked.

"Does it still matter to you?"

"Magask ba ako if hindi?" She half shouted, her voice, quivering.

"I'm ok."

Silence. I can hear her sobs.

"I know you're not."

"Yun naman pala e," I spat.

"I'm sorry." She muttered.

"Tapos na yun, kalimutan mo na."

"I'm sorry. I didn't know, I do not mean to-"

I faced her direction. I can see her silhoutte. "Ano bang kasalanan mo? Why are you apologizing?"

More sobs. Silence.

"I'm sorry it's so hard to forget you."

Silence.

I sighed loudly. "I've had enough heartaches to last me 10 lifetimes." I suddenly said. "I am sure I gave you more and I'm sorry for that."

She broke down.

A man dies more than once, I thought again as I hear her cry her hearts out. But he'll be alive again, only to get ready to die again. I know she'll manage, I think as I look at her direction. She's gone a long way, her intentions pure, her heart as beautiful as her face. I will wait for her to be alive again.

After awhile, she stopped. I can see that she's looking at me. I looked at her. She smiled. She looked like her name – an angel.

"I love you," she whispered as she moved towards my direction. I closed my eyes and felt her lips. It was acceptance. I kissed back.

Close but never close enough.

--

Jesse's POV

Calaruega Church grounds, Batangas City

I do not know how long I was waiting for something to settle before I felt like moving. I have to get out of here, I thought. I slowly moved towards the back door and held my .45 tightly in my hand. I laughed in my head thinking that I'm not as sharp as I used to be and this is going to be a tough mission for a second life.

I found a Toyota Vios on the side and opened it's lock. To my surprise, someone is sitting in the passenger seat. I looked at him closely.

I felt like I just won the lottery. Kinasa ko na baril ko.

--

"Sir?" I slowly wake him up as I held the steer.

The man, slowly woke up. I looked at him and he aged so much, I felt like I looked younger than him. He blinked and looked at me. I prayed to god I did not look like myself 6 years ago with this haircut and glasses but my eyes could give me away.

"Asan na sila?" He asked weakly.

"Nauna na sir," I say randomly as I start to drive. I do not know what I'll do with this man, this man who gagged me and drowned me 6 years ago.

I refuse to recall all the details but I remembered him looking uneasy as we fly back to Naga. I knew something was wrong. I looked at our pilots but they were focused on the way. When the plane suddenly flew a bit low, I asked him if there is something wrong. He looked at me in the eye and then put a towel in my nose and mouth before I could even fight back. I fell asleep.

Or so I thought.

I've read in the articles that he was exchanging messages with the PNP Chief of Internal Security. He used my phone. He called them. I never knew if the pilots knew anything or everything but just kept quiet.

I drive calmly as the man beside me looked like he was in a trance. He suddenly spoke.

"Di ko alam bakit palagi ako napupunta sa mga Robredo," He said and forced a laugh.

I saw him take out his gun.

It looked hot because when he touched it, his fingers twitched, I observed.

He was the one who shot Leni.

--

Leni POV

Undisclosed location - Hospital

I am dead.

I opened my eyes slowly and looked at the dark ceiling. Hospital smell, my nose told my mind. I did not move but I felt a lot of things attached to me. Buhay pa pala ako, I thought. And thought no more.

I heard a movement from my side and I twitched my fingers. "Wag," I randomly said, afraid that I'll be hurt some more. But in a while, I saw the calm face of one of my close-in as his face light up and smiled at me.

"Ma'am Vice," he said softly.

"Hernandez," I replied.

He just smiled back and nodded. I tried to nod back. He went back to his position to the side.

After a few minutes, a couple of men came. I twitched my fingers again.

"Gising na siya?" came a voice too familiar.

"Yes sir," came a reply.

"Salamat," the voice said and I heard footsteps coming to my direction.

I closed my eyes and said a prayer. Please don't hurt me, I prayed.

I felt warm hands hold my hand. I felt warm breathes enclose my hand.

"Sir?" I whispered.

"Leni," came his reply. I opened my eyes and saw his serene face. I smiled.

"How are you Mr. President?" I asked him, as I slowly turn my head to the side.

He smiled, his eyes disappearing. "The President is ok, Ma'am. How are you Ma'am Vice President?" He asked back, leaning closer that our noses touched each other. I giggled.

"Not ok, sir." I reply and he let out a small laugh and kissed my forehead. "You'll be ok, I know it." he said.

"Thank you," I told him as I reach out for his face and caressed it. "Basta ok ka, ok narin ako." I tell him.

He smiled again. I looked at his face. I felt like he was in tears because he looked down and got something in his pocket. I smiled.

"Iiyak ka nanaman sir," I teased him.

"Hindi ah!" He said, his head bowed down. I laughed softly and patted his head.

"Crybaby," I teased further.

"Ambot sa iyo, ma'am," came the reply, his head still bowed down, I softly patted it repeatedly like what an owner would do to his good dog.

"Tahan na, tahan na, ok lang si mama," I sang softly. He raised his head and laughed.

"Mama, talaga?" He teased.

"Ayoko ng lola no," I replied. He looked at me lovingly. I looked back.

He looked weary, tired and old but I felt like there is so much energy in him and he's passing it to me. He held my hand and we just looked at each other eyes. When I started to feel my eyes water, he closed in and kissed my lips.

"I love you,"

I never felt so alive.

--

Jesse's POV

I tried to keep my cool to digest everything he's telling me – that it was the President that he's supposed to kill - it would be a great honor, he said laughingly while caressing his gun, but at the last minute his "bosses" changed their mind because something was not going according to plan and he was asked to ditch it but he said he could not NOT do anything so he hit on Leni instead.

"I heard them talking about Robredo," he started. "They say that if Robredo is out of the way, The Big Brother can move more freely to choose Digong's successor. Of course, they wouldn't want another Marcos," He laughed. "Itong si Bongbong, masyadong ambisyoso, lahat nalang ng propaganda machine, ginagamit na niya. Akala niya ata siya na ang Annointed One," He paused. I nodded so that he's made aware that I'm listening. My hands were getting sweaty.

"Well, hindi pa. Bali-balita e, wala pang napipiling AO si Big Brother. Masyado silang focused how to get rid of Digong dahil naiisahan nga sila e," he laughed. "Bilib talaga ako dun kay lolo, dami ng spies na pinadala against him, lahat bumalik!" He laughed and looked at me. I forced a laugh.

"Paano naging magaling yun, eh lahat ng spy bumalik?"

"Bumalik nga, mali mali naman na ung pinadalang information! Hahaha! Bilib talaga ako kay Digong. He knows how to play the game."

"S-sa tingin mo, buhay pa si Robredo?" I asked, my voice shaking.

"Possible." He said flatly. "I did not hit her where it would have been fatal."

"My bad." He looked at me and smiled.

That's it, I thought.

--

"Brad, puwede bang umhi muna ako diyan sa may puno?" he suddenly said.

I stopped the car and waited for him to alight. I looked at an old Narra tree where he chose to pee. I held my gun tight. I slowly walked out of the car and aimed the gun at the back of his head.

Before I pull the trigger, I noticed some fire ants in my shoes. I noticed that it came from the tree where he was peeing. I blinked.

I go back to the car and checked the compartment – I saw a rope and a bottle of chloroform. He just dug his own grave, I thought. I got a towel and dropped all contents of the bottle and went back to him.

I forcefully put the towel in his face and I held him as he struggled a bit. He was soon knocked out and I held his arms and put it around the tree, in a hugging position. I tied his hands, his waists and his feet in the tree. I let go of his neck so he can still breathe.

I looked at the foot of the tree and notice that the fire ants slowly go up to his body. I went back to the car and started the engine. I watched to see if he'll wake up. I held my breath.

After a few minutes he woke up, probably because of the pain the fire ants is inflicting on him. He started shouting and cursing and suddenly, he looked at my direction.

"Tulong!"

The ants are now already on his face.

I smiled at him.

"Long time no see, Pao." I say and in an instant, he knew who I was.

"Sir Jesse, tulong!" Half his body is firey red now.

He's lucky, he can ask for help, I thought. Ako, di ko man nalaman na nalunod na pala ako.

I gave him a salute and rode the car and left him to himself. And the fire ants.

Close but not close enough.

--

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.9K 1.3K 16
What will happen a Minister's lost wife come back with his five years child? By source, Minister killed her five years ago? He have girlfriend now- T...
41.5K 1.1K 72
Everything happens for a reason which is always unforeseen and forever will be. Leni Robredo ready to challenge President Rodrigo Duterte as oppositi...
79.4K 2.3K 19
Leni Robredo transfers to a new university for personal reasons, there she meets the scary gang leader Rodrigo Duterte and the smooth talking rich ki...
puhon. By oli

Fanfiction

28.2K 1.3K 21
An unexpected encounter reignites unexplainable feelings she once buried to the bottom of her heart - locked, but never forgotten. What will come of...