If Mayors Ruled The World [Du...

By moniqueph

This is a Duterte - Robredo fan fiction story. They found his body, 2012, and buried it. They found his body... More

Author's Note
"Apo"
"What If"
"Offer"
"His Happy Place"
"Leni"
"Threat"
"Root cause and action plan"
"King and Queen"
"Thinking of You"
"Confrontation"
"Still Into You"
"Ikaw pa rin"
"Left Turns"
"Close but not close enough"
"Checkmate"
"Foreknowledge"
"Camarines Sur"
"Forthcoming"
"Rolling Thunder"
"The Heart in the Midst"
"Double cross"
"Mr. Firebrand"
"Meet me in Calabanga"
"Atonement"
"Blackmail"
"What would you do if you know you'd never get caught?"
"Sonnet 87"
"Better days"

"Dark Horses"

339 12 20
By moniqueph

Jesse's POV

Panacañang, Davao City

I lie awake on my bed. For some reason, I felt like I was not the Jesse that I was before that plane crash. Everything felt different. Rody was nice enough to accommodate me, offering everything, even things I don't need. I try to find in my heart what is wrong with me when I heard voices and footsteps outside my room.

I walked towards the door. I heard soft voices.

"Wala si Mayor?"

"Wala po Ma'am, wag po tayo dito, dun nalang po tayo,"

"Andito siya sa kuwarto na ito no?" I heard my knob turn. Good thing I locked it as instructed.

"Ma'am, wala nga po si Mayor dito ngayon," came a stern voice.

"Sinong babae ang kasama niya ngayon?" I heard the knob turn again.

"Ma'am!"

I looked at the small peep hole in my door. I saw a woman in her 40s maybe, good looking and seems familiar. The guards assigned to watch my room assisted her out of the hallway and they were replaced by another set of guards.

I'm sure the Mayor she is talking about is the President. I chuckled. I lie back on my bed and tried to sleep.

--

I wake up in the middle of a light sleep. I told my security I'll just get some water. They allowed me to go on my own to the kitchen. To my surprise, the lady I saw earlier was sitting in one of the chairs in the dining table, resting her head over her arms. How long have I been asleep?

"Miss?" I lightly tapped her shoulder.

No movement.

I got some water and softly dragged a chair beside her. I tapped her shoulder again.

"Miss?"

She slowly moved and lifted her head. She blinked at me.

"Who are you?"

I was wearing my sun glasses. Strict orders.

"Moises Espinosa, hello." I offered my hand.

She smiled weakly. "Angel Matba."

"Why are you here?" I asked her.

"I'm waiting for the President."

"Will he come?"

"I don't know. But I'll wait. He promised that he'll talk to me today."

I heard earlier that the President will not be back until tomorrow.

"Why don't you send him a message and ask?"

"Ayoko, si Bong naman magbabasa ng message ko hindi siya."

I laughed. "Well, kesa naman you're waiting in vain here,"

She forced a laugh. "I've always waited for him. In vain. Hanggang ngayon."

I looked at her. She seems familiar but I don't want to ask. She looks fierce but her eyes are gray and sad.

"Are you the President's girlfriend?"

She looked at me and laughed. And boy, she laughed loudly. "Girlfriend? No. We're through."

"Ah, so ex pala. Are you drunk? Or should we drink?"

She smiled. "Thank you. You're kind. But no thanks, I'm fine. I just seem sober."

"You are sober. Nag-away ba kayo or what?"

"No, it's just that we'll talk about something important." She looked at her fingers.

I looked at her. "Did he promised marriage?"

She laughed again. "Moises! Kung ano anong tinatanong mo. Hindi. Never. Ha. Ha."

I smiled weakly. "You have an interesting story to tell. I'm listening."

She faced me. "Ikaw ha, sino ka ba? At bakit nakashades ka, ang dilim dilim e."

"Meron akong sore eyes." We laughed. "Seriously, who is Angel to Digong?"

"Ex-lover, ex-girlfriend, friend."

"At least friends padin kayo."

"Well, yes. I think."

"You said "never" dun sa marriage proposal? Were you expecting?"

"At some point? But it did not come." She buried her head in her arms on the table. "It was too late."

"So he did proposed? But you were not available already?"

She looked at me. "Kilala mo ba ako Moises? Yung totoo?" We laughed.

"Well, I'm just asking questions based on your answers."

"He didn't really propose. But yes, when he "asked", I was already married."

"Ah. I see that you have no ring on your finger."

"Yeah, I remove it when I meet him." We laughed.

"Tama nga naman." I said.

We suddenly heard soft voices from the hallway near us saying that the President is still at Manila and may come back to Davao tomorrow. I checked my watch. 22:34.

"Uwi ka nalang muna Angel. Come back tomorrow. Bukas pa daw siya uuwi."

"Ah.." She gazed into the darkness.

Whatever they'll "talk" about must be very important and mean something to her. She suddenly looked at me.

"Are you married Moises?"

I gulped. I know I'm married but it just feels weird saying it after all this years. "Yes,"

"What's her name?"

Of course I can't say Leni's name. I have to think of a random female name. May asawa ba si Moises sa bible?

"Leonor," I slipped a bit.

"Leonor?" She looked puzzled.

"Yes," I said as I felt a bit sweaty. I hope I did not give away my position. She smiled weakly and played with her fingers.

"Why?" I asked.

"Kapangalan pala niya si Vice President."

I gulped. "Oo nga, pero wala siyang Maria." She smiled again.

"Why? Is there something about the VP?"

She smiled apologetically to me. "Type siya ni Digong eh."

"O? Paano mo nalaman?"

"Dinala niya dito minsan. Pinagluto. Inikot sa Davao. Binigyan ng mga regalo. Binibigyan niya ng mga regalo."

"Madalas?"

"Ang alam ko, recently madalas. Minsan nga iniisip ko, sila na."

I gulped as I felt warm heat spread across my face. "Paano mo naman nasabi?"

"Sabi ng mga nakausap kong malapit sa kanila, they meet in private a lot of times. Nakakatuwa nga kasi di mo malaman if professional or personal pa ba yung agenda e. Overnight? Sus, alam na natin yan Moises di ba?"

I am speechless. I know that Digong likes Leni but I could not fathom the fact that he touched her. I tried to calm down. "Di naman siguro,"

She looked at me curiously. "Bakit naman?"

"Matino naman si Leni," I murmured. She smiled.

"Oo. Tingin ko lang naman yun. Wala naman confirmation. Masyado lang ako nag-aaassume."

"Ah, buti naman." I softly clenched my fists.

"Are you ok?" She looked worried.

I smiled. "Yes yes. Sorry I have to go back. Uwi ka na."

"Thank you for talking to me. I felt better. Nice to meet you Moises." She leaned forward and to my surprise, she kissed me on the cheek.

"Sure. Ingat ka Angel." I watch her walk away as she wave goodbye.

I entered my room and wiped my forehead. I suddenly became sweaty. I sighed heavily.

"Ibahin mo si Leni, Digong." I whispered to myself.

Ibahin mo ako.

--

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63.4K 1.4K 15
Congresswoman Leni Robredo and Senator Bongbong Marcos, who competed tightly during the vice presidential race in the Philippines, accidentally sleep...
puhon. By oli

Fanfiction

28.2K 1.3K 21
An unexpected encounter reignites unexplainable feelings she once buried to the bottom of her heart - locked, but never forgotten. What will come of...
41.5K 1.1K 72
Everything happens for a reason which is always unforeseen and forever will be. Leni Robredo ready to challenge President Rodrigo Duterte as oppositi...
2K 9 16
โš ๐”๐ฉ๐๐š๐ญ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐š๐ ๐š๐ข๐งโš  โš ๐’๐ฅ๐จ๐ฐ ๐”๐ฉ๐๐š๐ญ๐ž๐ฌโš  โš ๐”๐๐ƒ๐„๐‘ ๐‘๐„๐–๐‘๐ˆ๐“๐“๐ˆ๐๐†โš  This book is inspired by @KumoriTodoroki234 I searched up...