HIATUS | Secrets Within Aurad...

By Dream_givers

The United States of Auradon is a paradise-a safe haven to kingdoms that grew and thrived, a home to woodland... More

Prologue
I. A New Quarter

II. New Friends

169 5 17
By Dream_givers

(B/f/n) - Best (female) friend's name
(F/f) - Favorite Food
(l/r) - Left or right, depending on which hand is not your dominant one (if you're ambidextrous, choose whichever)

Humming to yourself, you carried your lunch tray through the Auradon cafeteria and wove through crowds of students chatting about their days. Although you were still slightly upset over the Finding an Interesting Lover project (which you had dubbed "Project Fail" in your head, due to the acronym it spelled), your mood brightened as the bell rang for lunchtime. In addition to the fact that today's menu was serving (f/f), prepared by Auradon's high-class chefs (King Beast and Queen Belle insist on having the best of the best for their students, especially if princes and princesses from all around attended Auradon), lunch was also the first time of the day that you got to see your best friend, (b/f/n)! It was unfortunate that Auradon didn't let you change your class schedules; otherwise, you and (b/f/n) would've had all of your classes together, instead of sharing only the lunch period and a couple of afternoon classes. Oh, what would you give to start your morning off with your best friend instead of Audrey's complaints!

Perhaps those thoughts came up too soon because as you arrived at your lunch table there was no sight of (b/f/n). Instead, Audrey sat giggling at the jokes of a  blonde-haired boy with strikingly blue eyes. You wanted to throw your lunch tray and stomp off in frustration upon hearing his voice. It was Chad Charming.

Chad was, well, he was a complete jerk. You were paired up with him in geography class once, for a map-making project. At first, you thought he was a genuine guy, and worthy of his popularity. He had talked with you (unlike your last partner...awkward silence always seeped through the days of group work) and even made some funny jokes here and there. He was super cooperative when you suggested ideas and even praised you a little for some of them. Maybe it had gotten to your head a bit because it took you that long to notice that he didn't do any work at all. The days you'd promised to meet up to work on the project, he'd always have something that came up (sports games, dentist appointments, babysitting...the list went on endlessly). Then, on the day you had to present the project, he called in sick. You were too nice (or perhaps too lazy) to complain to the teacher about Chad's poor work ethic, so you left it as it was. But Chad didn't even apologize to you the next day. He had the audacity to raise his hand, saying that the two of you had great teamwork, expecting you to give him a high-five. The only thing you gave him that day was a glare. Needless to say, Chad Charming got on your nerves. So why was he at your lunch table?

"Oh, hello, (y/n)!" Audrey chirped, finally noticing your presence. Chad turned towards you as well, echoing his girlfriend's greeting. "Chad's joining our lunch table, starting today. Jane said that she doesn't want to sit with us anymore, what a pity. I guess she likes it better sitting by herself." Audrey scrunched her nose at the thought of her image being ruined by Jane's choice to not sit at her table. Chad, you noticed, sat in the seat next to Audrey, the one Jane used to occupy. It was odd that she would just leave like that. You thought that Jane and Audrey were rather close.

"It's great to see you again, (y/n)," Chad grinned. He turned to Audrey, "We worked together in Geography class once, we made a great team!"

You forced yourself to hold in a scoff, changing the topic, "Where is (b/f/n)?"

"Oh, she's sick," Audrey waved her hand as if dismissing the topic, "But it's great you and Chad are already on familiar terms with each other! It's like he's destined to sit here! A perfect addition to our table." She and Chad giggled at this.

"Mhm," you absentmindedly agreed, "I'm going to look for (b/f/n)." You left the table, not wanting to sit with Audrey or Chad Charming. If her boyfriend was going to sit there for the rest of the year, you don't think you would be able to take it. Maybe you and (b/f/n) could both move someplace else once she felt better. Then again, (b/f/n) could probably scare him off. She had the ferocity of a tiger and the spirit of a lion. You were surprised she got sick, and even more surprised that the sickness would keep her from attending classes.

Despite that, even wildcats could be hurt from the cold, you mused. Maybe (b/f/n) was careless when she went off to run some late-night errands on the night of Ben's Coronation Party. You would have to lecture her about wearing a sweater or something over her dresses once you finished eating your lunch. You swore that (b/f/n) was too energetic sometimes that she forgot to take care of herself. (B/f/n) calls you a mom friend because of your fussing.

Sighing, you pushed open the doors to the outside lunch pavilion, making your way toward a shaded area under a tree. Deciding to be unconventional, you plopped yourself down by the trunk of the tree, instead of sitting at one of the tables spread out around the area. Realistically, though, you were afraid that you would sit in someone else's table on accident and social confrontation was something that you would rather avoid. Social confrontation with humans at least.

A few feet away from you was a light brown Brussels Griffin cross, pattering around from tree to tree and sniffing the flowers and weeds along the ground. It was the school campus dog, and you loved seeing it around. It reminded you of a pure, innocent child, exploring the world with heed to no one. (B/f/n) would tease you if she were here. "You find inspiration from the campus dog?" She'd smile, "A dog of all things?"

"Hey, little guy," you said, offering your (l/r) hand because you were using your dominant one to eat (f/f). The dog tickled you, and you ran your fingers through its soft, tousled fur. It was soft and warm, like a feathered blanket, and you suddenly understood why petting dogs was considered therapeutic for some.

"I see you know, dude," a voice you didn't recognize spoke from behind you. On any normal day, it should have been (b/f/n)'s smooth, teasing voice. You half expected her to show up and say, "Surprise! I'm not actually sick!" Unfortunately, this day was in no way normal—Project FAIL was assigned and Chad began to sit at the lunch table, after all—and by now you knew that you could expect the strangest things to happen. Thus, the voice was nowhere near (b/f/n)'s. It was a bit awkward, perhaps a bit shy, but confident enough to signify that at the very least, the speaker was sure that their sentence made coherent sense.

Apparently it didn't make sense to you. A few seconds of silence elapsed before you gained your common sense and turned around, looking for multiple people. Surely the voice had been talking to someone else, right?

To your dismay, there was no one else around but you, the campus dog, and a short looking boy with freckles scattered all over his face. Upon contact, he adverted his brown eyes to the campus dog and scratched the nape of his neck nervously. You noticed that he wore a white T-shirt, checkered in black, with a deep red jacket over it. Dark jeans covered his legs, contrasting with the white on to. His hair was white (blonde?) with black roots (did he die his hair white, or did the roots naturally rotate between white and black?). It suddenly dawned on you that someone with such strange hair must be one of the villain kids (they themselves were no longer considered "villains," but since their parents were, everyone still just used that description). Cruella De Vil's son, if you wanted to be more specific. After all, he was wearing his mother's signature colors.

"You were talking to me?" You asked, stupidly, feeling a flush of red matching his jacket's hue running across your face. To stop yourself from saying something even more stupid (like "I don't see what I know, dude"), you took a (bite/spoonful) of (f/f).

To your relief, he didn't reply with something snarky ("Who else is here?") but instead seemed flustered himself. "Oh," he laughed nervously, crouching down and gesturing to the campus dog, who came wagging up toward him. You watched as the two of them interacted, the boy scratching the dog's ears, and concluded that—ironically—the son of Cruella De Vil was a dog person. "I'm sorry if I confused you. I thought that maybe you knew, him," he explained, "His name is Dude."

Oh, you thought. "Oh," you said, sheepishly. He wasn't addressing you as "dude." Dude was the name of the dog. If you weren't already sitting, you would have melted into the ground. "That's what you meant," you laughed.

The boy stared at you and understanding flashed in his eyes, "Oh—wow, I'm sorry," he planted his face in his gloved palm and began to join you in shy laughter, "I didn't think about how his name could be used casually. I guess it's not really a pet name. I mean, it is, but it's not a name, name."

"I know what you mean," you agreed, partly because you did know what he meant and partly because you didn't want him to keep embarrassing himself by rambling on. "So," you said, trying to move the conversation onto something that didn't remind you of how oblivious you could be to a situation, "Did you adopt...Dude...and become the official owner of the campus dog or something?"

The small dog, Dude, perked up curiously as you spoke his name for the first time. He clambered over Cruella De Vil's son's foot and climbed over to sit on yours, earning a small pout from the latter.

"Nah, Prince Ben introduced me to him a week ago," he explained, "But we have been getting pretty close. Me and Dude, that is. I guess he likes you better though." The freckled boy sat himself down next to you, and you could almost swear that he was pouting because Dude had chosen you over him. You picked up your backpack and moved it to the side so that the former could sit closer to his beloved companion.

"So, what's your name?"

"(Y/n), how about you?"

"I'm Carlos."

The two of you sat there in peaceful silence, hearing nothing else but the winds through the trees and the occasional yelps as Dude tumbled from your side to Carlos's and vice versa. You had given up on eating (f/f) halfway through, worried that Dude's constant moving would be the downfall of both your lunch and your outfit.

"Are you sure you don't know Dude?" Carlos asked after you taunted a treat at the campus dog.

"I mean," you said, tossing the treat a bit off so that Dude would have to work to win his earnings, "I sometimes play with him at lunchtime. But mostly I'm in the cafeteria with (b/f/n) and Audrey." The son of Cruella De Vil's lips turned downwards at the mention of Audrey, but either he was too nice or too scared that he didn't say anything about it. "I'm here today, though, because Audrey decided to invite Chad Charming to the lunch table." You couldn't help but wrinkle your nose as you mentioned Chad. "I just can't deal with him." That was your only way of putting it politely.

To be fair, though, there were rumors going around about how Chad Charming seduced many females in Auradon Prep to do his homework and chores for him while he got away with going on parties and playing games. His reputation really took a hit from that one, and almost anybody wouldn't blame another person if they gossiped about Chad. You still would feel bad though, for dissing the prince to a person you had just met, no matter how kind of a dog person they seemed to be. Nobody liked a gossip.

"I understand," Carlos answered, "He took advantage of my friend, Evie. She was just trying to do her best!"

You nodded in understanding, "Was it for a school assignment as well? Because, ugh, I swear he's fit to be a prince because he likes to order people around! Not saying that princes don't do good things as well, because Ben is a hard worker."

Carlos nodded with conviction, "But maybe he'll change for the better. After all, since you all gave us VKs a chance to show that we can be good, maybe Chad can realize that he isn't perfect and has some flaws he can fix..."

Just because some students have accepted good in VKs, doesn't mean all students have accepted it, you thought to yourself. You knew quite a handful of Auradonians that still couldn't stomach the idea of accepting kids from the Isle of the Lost. Not to mention, many Auradonians thought of themselves as perfect (Audrey, for instance). Even if Carlos and his friends could convince them that there could be good in bad, they would never be able to convince the stubborn Auradonians that there could also be bad in good. You didn't tell him any of this, though. He had seemed so hopeful at that moment, so pure. You wished more people that you knew were like that. Maybe being friends with the son of Cruella De Vil wouldn't be too bad of an idea.

You looked down as Dude nudged your hand. He rubbed his head against your arm, thanking you for the treat. It was then that you saw your phone and noticed the time. You only had a few minutes before lunch ended. If you wanted to check if (b/f/n) was alright before the day ended, you needed to leave immediately. "Oh," you said, frowning, "Sorry, Carlos, I have to go." You hastily picked up your belongings and stood up.

"Here," Carlos picked up your half-eaten lunch tray, "I can dispose of this for you if you want."

"Oh, that would be awesome, thank you so much," you began to walk off, but stopped in your tracks and turned back towards the white, black, and red son of Cruella De Vil. "I'll see you around, Carlos."

He beamed at you, his freckles seemingly dancing with the raise of his lips, "I'll see you around, (y/n), it's nice meeting you." At Carlos's feet, Dude barked a farewell greeting to you as well, and you scurried off to visit your sick friend.

༻º❀º༺

You knocked on the door of (b/f/n)'s dorm room, mentally slapping yourself after realizing an important detail: If (b/f/n) was sleeping, she wouldn't be able to open the door for you. If she were awake, her illness would probably stop her from opening the door. Thankfully for you, though, (b/f/n)'s dorm mate, Lonnie, opened the door.

"Oh, (y/n)," Lonnie tilted her head at you, "I didn't expect to see you here so soon." She stepped aside so you could enter the room.

"Ugh, they don't call me a mom friend for no reason," you sheepishly flung your backpack down in your usual corner of (b/f/n)'s room, "I'm just here to make sure (b/f/n) is okay."

Lonnie frowned, and as your eyes swept across the room, your lips soon followed her downward movement. On one side of the room, Chinese fans decorated the walls, oriental rugs pattered the floor, and a huge painting of a lotus sat against the closet door as if the owner hadn't decided where to put it yet. The other side, usually filled with loads of (b/f/n)'s belongings, seemed empty. Lonnie's side of the room was perfectly normal, so why was (b/f/n)'s half empty? And where was (b/f/n)?

"Ah, (y/n)." You turned your attention back to Lonnie, and the daughter of Mulan's frown deepened at the confusion on your face. "You didn't hear?"

Didn't hear what? That (b/f/n) was sick? Was it so serious that they had to move her somewhere else? What if she was sent to the hospital without your knowledge? Were you that bad of a friend to not notice something like that?

Still gaping, you managed to ask, "Where is (b/f/n)?"

"Uh," Lonnie said, awkwardly, "Fairy Godmother told me that there was a room change. Audrey told her that you'd suggested that (b/f/n) should switch dorms with you. So she'd be with Audrey and you'd be with me." She paused, looking at your shocked expression up and down, "But I guess that didn't really happen? I thought you'd come a bit early. She said you should be here by tomorrow, not today..."

Taking a deep breath, you tried to stop yourself from fuming. "I'll be back," you muttered to Lonnie, restraining yourself from slamming the door open. Why in the Isle would Audrey say something like that? What purpose did she have in lying to (b/f/n)? Was she angry at you for never waking up early? Did she really want to "fix" her reputation that much?

However,  if Fairy Godmother had already arranged the room switch, you guess you had no choice but to oblige. Otherwise, you could be making an enemy out of Audrey, and you weren't sure if you wanted her entire family coming at your throat for gossiping about their favorite child. So, you heaved a deep sigh and headed to your dorm room. Or rather, your ex-dorm room.

Conveniently, the door was cracked open. You reached your hand out to enter but froze when you heard Audrey's shrill voice. The one that she used while being petty. The one you heard her using when accusing the Villain Kids of stupid things. "I can't believe (y/n) doesn't care about you! I told her that you were sick, but she was too busy flirting with Chad that she just dismissed it! Can you believe that!? Chad is my boyfriend!"

You went stiff, a boiling rage churning in your stomach.

"That's what boys can do to a person," (b/f/n) tried to joke, but ended up as a hacking mess, "I always knew she would dump me for a guy one day, though I never thought she'd fight you for Chad." You stumbled a bit, your face heating up—from anger, frustration, it was unclear—even though it came out as a joke, you could hear a twinge of hurt in (b/f/n)'s voice.

"And you won't even believe what happened at lunch!" Audrey continued, "(Y/n) didn't save your seat, she gave it to Chad!"

Unable to take it anymore, you slammed the door open and marched into the room, throwing uncomplimentary phrases at Audrey. "I didn't do any of that!" You ended your spew of ugly words, "Audrey lied about me requesting to switch rooms as well!"

Audrey audibly gasped, her hands shooting to her mouth to hide her hideous smile, "You're accusing me of lying? (Y/n), why would I ever do such a—"

"You're spoiled," you spat at Audrey, unable to contain the unrelenting annoyance that flooded through your mouth. From the moment you woke up that day, Audrey had been pestering you. She had lectured you for oversleeping, indirectly told you that you didn't matter to her, invited Chad to sit at your table, and now gossiped behind your back to your best friend. She didn't deserve mercy. She didn't deserve any more pity. "You're spoiled and wicked and mean.  You're the worst of liars, and no, you can't deny any of this. Even if you were spoiled, even if your parents sugar-coated the world for you, I'm not going to. You are evil and I hate you!"

Audrey stood with her mouth agape. Her arms hung by her sides, fists clenched. She bit her lips and whimpered. "I need to use the restroom, I'll be right back," she murmured to (b/f/n). Then, she brushed past you and slammed the door to the dorm bathroom closed. Silence enclosed the room as (b/f/n) stared at you with cold, narrowed eyes.

"That was way too harsh," she spoke, looking at you with a gaze of disappointment.

"But it's true," you insisted, "This morning, she—"

"(Y/n), I don't want to hear any of it," (b/f/n) grabbed a piece of paper and held it out to you. "Here. Your new schedule change. Audrey took her time to pick it up for you. Now, if you would excuse me, I need to rest."

"You're taking Audrey's side?" You stared at her, aghast. Instead of responding, (b/f/n) pulled her blankets over her head, and crawled closer into the depths of her pillows. Annoyed, you packed your old belongings away and dragged your suitcases out of the dorm room.

"Oh, and (y/n)." You paused at the doorway, turning back to the sound of (b/f/n)'s voice. "What you said was way too cruel. You should apologize to Audrey later." Without saying anything, you pulled the suitcases away. Maybe it was just the sickness, you decided, (b/f/n) would come to her senses sooner or later.

Tomorrow would be better, you told yourself, tomorrow everything would be normal again.

༻º❀º༺

Lunch, your once-beloved paradise was now a time of horror. You still hadn't talked to (b/f/n) since the mess with Audrey yesterday, given the fact that she was still sick and wrapped up in her bed, now located in Audrey's room. This meant that you definitely weren't going to sit at Audrey's table, especially since your only friend there wasn't present. Hopefully, once she recovered from her sickness, the two of you could move to a different table. For now, however, you were stuck finding one yourself.

"Hey." You turned at the person who tapped on your shoulder. It was Lonnie. "Wanna sit with me?" she asked.

"Sure," you answered, surprised. Lonnie had been pretty kind to you ever since the Audrey fiasco. She was chill with rooming with you, and she didn't forcefully wake you up once the sun rose in the sky. You were glad that she gave you space yesterday, considering the angry way you had stormed into the room and flung your belongings to one side before running off to class (the bell didn't wait for anyone). "Thanks, Lonnie."

You followed the dark-haired girl to an unexpected table in the outside dining area and you couldn't help to stare at the fashion statements of those seated there. It wasn't every day that kids in Auradon donned themselves in denim, especially denim splashed with dark purples, blues, golds, or red. This was the first time that you saw them up close, you realized, you had always just observed the villain kids from afar before.

"Hey, guys," Lonnie greeted them, "Do you mind if (y/n) joins us from now on?" Everyone smiled at you, and you felt unnerved being watched by Mal's green eyes. You tried to make eye contact with all of them, smiling back. It was funny how you could recognize who was who from their clothing, though. The daughter of Maleficent wore dark purple and green clothes, the Evil Queen's daughter had a beautiful, red necklace shaped like an apple, Jafar's son's shirt had gold running down it, like trickling sand, and of course, Carlos wore his red, white, and black outfit. You were also surprised to see Ben and Doug sitting with the villain kids (actually, Ben you could understand, but Doug, on the other hand, was surprising).

The son of Jafar and Carlos made room for you and Lonnie, and the two of you sat down. Lonnie slipped herself next to Jay, and you sat in-between her and Carlos. "Hi again, Carlos," you greeted him.

"Hi," he returned it, "I guess we bumped into each other sooner than expected."

"Looks like it," you giggled.

To the right side of the table, the purple-haired daughter of Maleficent propped her head into the palm of her hand, "So, (y/n), was it? What's your story?" You stared at her, confused. Did she want to know why you were sitting here?

"Mal, that's too vague," Ben groaned, earning him a soft shove from his girlfriend.

"I was getting there," she rolled her eyes, "Are you a daughter of Pocahontas? Alice from Wonderland? Tarzan? Tiana?"

Oh, she meant heritage. "No," you flushed, suddenly feeling self-conscious. You were surrounded by children of infamous villains! Not to mention, the son of the king and queen of Auradon, as well as the daughter of an emperor and empress. Even Doug had a parent that appeared in history. "I'm the daughter of (m/n) and (d/n). They're just average town folk, I guess." You paused for a moment and added for good measure, "Though my dad says he appeared as a townsperson in a fairy tale before."

The son of Jafar scoffed at the last part, "I don't think that's necessarily a good thing, considering things that happen to townfolk in some stories."

"Shut up, Jay," Mal hissed, "That's pretty cool though, (y/n)." You peered at her curiously. She had said that without sarcasm. "I finally met someone who doesn't have famous parents and flaunts in my face about it."

The son of King Beast pouted, "I didn't flaunt in your face!"

"You have famous parents!" Mal pointed out. On the side of her where Ben didn't seat, the blue-haired daughter of the Evil Queen turned her attention to you.

"Pardon them," she smiled at you, extending her hand. You shook it. "I'm Evie," she introduced herself, "How come I haven't seen you around?"

It was honestly not surprising that none of them met you before. Even in the rare moments that you passed them in the hallways, it wasn't like they were paying attention to the Auradonian students in the background. One either had to be brave or obnoxious to had interacted with the villain kids. They were the talk of the school after all. Besides, you weren't one of the students who flagged to Mal when they learned that she could use magic to beautify them (no flame to Lonnie, of course).

"I was unlucky to not have you in any of my classes," you said. Remembering the paper that (b/f/n) had ungratefully handed you yesterday, you added, "But I have new classes now, thanks to Audrey, so maybe we happen to be in some of the same ones?" Evie gave a nod of interest and you pulled out your schedule, comparing your classes with the table. You had at least one class with a "villain" kid every day. Audrey must have done that to spite you, thinking that you feared them, like her. This time around, you got the last laugh.

"Ooo, (y/n), we have English together," Lonnie smiled, "Now I don't have to deal with Jay's stupidity by myself."

Jay scoffed, flicking a paper football at Lonnie's forehead, which she caught midair, "What stupidity?" The daughter of Mulan only stared pointedly back at him.

"(Y/n), we have History, Mathematics, and Mannerisms together," Carlos spoke up to your right.

"Imagine having to take Mannerisms," Jay scoffed.

"You take it too!" Carlos protested.

"On the bright side, it's an obligatory course so it's not like they only force rude kids to take it," you said. Carlos cracked a smile at that and Jay rolled his eyes.

"You're so encouraging," Jay said sarcastically.

"Wait, guys, stop," Evie piped up, "I'm interested in what (y/n) meant by 'thanks to Audrey.'" Everyone turned their attention to you, "How come your schedule changed and why is Audrey involved?"

"Oh, uhm, well," you stuttered. Were you really going to admit to this group of cool, "villain kids" that you were bested by Audrey of all people? Would they think you were lame and kick you out of their lunch table? You nervously glanced around the table, realizing that no one except maybe Jay or Mal would laugh at you. The other villain kids, Evie and Carlos, seemed pretty nice.

"I kind of got on Audrey's bad side, I guess? She got mad at me for waking up late or something...and she's been talking bad about me behind my back. Recently, she switched my dorm room, changed my schedule, and kicked me out of the lunch table. Er, well, she didn't technically kick me out, but it was kind of implied. Plus, Chad is sitting there now."

Mal wrinkled her nose in disgust, "Audrey's so annoying. I used to think that she only acted foul to us VKs, given how popular she is, but I guess she's just...like that."

"If by that, you mean petty, bossy, and a mean girl, then yes, she is," Evie puffed.

"Hey, bad girls are spicy," Jay grinned. Lonnie flicked the paper football at his face.

"Hmm, don't you think Audrey deserves some karma her way?" Mal asked, "It's unfair that Auradon kids don't get punished for being mean, while all the kind Isle citizens do."

"What kind Isle citizens?" Jay laughed, "The only kind of Isle citizens I know are those in power and those too scared to act on it." He stared down Carlos.

"Hey, leave Carlos alone," Evie frowned, "Isle days are over. And besides, Jay, not everyone there had an urge to be bad as you."

Jay shrugged, "It's a way of life."

Mal cleared her throat and drew the table's attention to her. "So, as I was saying, I think that we should help (y/n) get back at Audrey."

"Wouldn't we get in trouble, though?" You asked, half-heartedly.

"Wouldn't it be fun?" Jay retorted.

Mal grinned, a mischievous smile forming on her face, "Great, sounds like a plan."

"I never agreed to this," Carlos whined.

"Ugh, we have two babies in our squad now," Jay complained, "Are we going to hear a choir of 'but what if we get caught' now?" You and Carlos exchanged looks with each other.

"It's logic though," you pouted, "What if we get kicked out of the school for doing something bad?"

Mal cackled, "I love this team dynamic. So, team. Our mission is to embarrass Audrey. Obviously, it will be a one-time thing, so that we can't get expelled or anything."

"If we get caught, you mean," Jay pointed out, "If we don't get caught, there will be no consequences."

"Spoken like a true VK," Mal nodded, "Let's carry this mission out on Friday. That way, we have the whole weekend to celebrate our victory, team."

Evie gasped, "We need a team name!"

"Chicken Carlos," Jay teased, earning him a smack in the shoulder from the son of Cruella De Vil (that didn't seem to faze him). "Fine, fine," Jay put his hands up in the air, "I'm sorry for excluding people. Team Cowards." He stuck his tongue out at Carlos, who lunged across the table at him. You couldn't help but laugh as the two of them wrestled on the ground.

"What about Warriors?" Lonnie asked, "or Magic and Mayhem? Because, you know." She pointed at Mal, "Magic," then at the two boys, "and Mayhem."

"Descendants?" you blurted. Everyone looked at you. "What? Because you're all descendants of famous people, and even though I'm not, I still am a descendant of my mom and dad."

Doug, for the first time, pushed his glasses up his nose and spoke, "That is a perfect name."

Mal nodded in agreement. "Team Descendants," she repeated. "I like the sound of that." She put her fist out. One by one,  everyone put their fists together: you, Evie, Doug, Carlos, Jay, Ben, and Lonnie.

"Team Descendants!" you all said. Operation Audrey was officially commencing. You smiled. You were glad you had met these people. It would be a start of many true friendships.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

781K 36.6K 59
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
505K 31.5K 95
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
222K 5.3K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ જ⁀➴ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...
997K 39.4K 48
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...