Hot Coffee (The Hollens Book...

By MavelineBelle

When plain simple nerdy Emma Cole goes to Hollen Tower for an interview she quickly realizes she is out of he... More

Prologue (Coffee Face)
Newspaper
Coffee Maid
Home Sweet Home
New Room
Salty Much?
Layers
Detect This
Effective
Capturing Moments
Tripping
Watch This
The New High
Break It Slowly
Early Notice
Recalling
Telling It As Is
Keeping It Together
Best News Yet
On To Miami
Have It Your Way
You Call The Shots
Imagination For You
A Glass Of Wine To You
All Falls Down
Rings and Things
Birthday Magic
Smiles and Snakes
Tale of Two Rings
Behind Closed Doors
Changes
Lines
Then Comes the Rain
France
The Swamp
Rage and Fury
Sleeping Beauty
Red Lace
Split
Suitcases
Rooftop Sway
Wisdom and Determination
Bed of Lies
Tracking
Two for One
Autumn Gala
Return
Preparations
Snakes
Double Up
Mole
Sweet and Sour
Drama Channel
Tick, Tick, Tick
Happy Birthday, Ethan
Rising Heights
Aftermath
Getaway
Bahamian Flames
Tried and Tested
Family
Then and Now
Baby Blues
A White Christmas
Growing Up
Things Change
EJ
Emily
Love Triangle
OKAY IT'S HERE
Did You See It??

Blessings

54.7K 2K 246
By MavelineBelle

Emma's POV

Motherhood is beautiful, but it's not always smooth. I help my eldest son through his first breakup and my daughter through her first heartbreak. As life came their way there would be more of that, and I wouldn't always be around to help them, but, for now, I was doing the best I could for them

Love. Support. Provide. Three words that should be in every parent's dictionary. Without these three things you'll suck at parenthood.

Loving your children means putting their needs before yours. You don't come first anymore. Love unconditionally. You have to respect them so they'll respect you in return. You have to be open with them so they'll tell you what you need to hear. You have to listen to them so they'll listen to you as well. No one is perfect, but you shouldn't use that as an excuse to not try.

Support your children in every way you can. Be there for them when they need you to be or when they want you to be. Let them know they can count on you and you've got their backs. Don't tear them down if they're bad at something. Let's say your kid isn't an excellent artist but they draw you a picture anyway. It's a bad picture. But you shouldn't let them know that. You should still stick that picture on the fridge and smile at him, her or them. They're your kids and if you don't love them then who will?

Finally, you have to get up on your feet and provide for your children. You can't expect them to get food, shelter, clothes, toys and money from the sky. We all need material things for our bodies and lives. Provide in every way you should. 

Love, support and provide.

_______________________________
NINE YEARS LATER

"Mom, I'm home!" a familiar voice called from the intercom. 

My heart leapt from my chest. I hadn't seen him in so long. I changed into something more appropriate and went downstairs to greet him. He had transformed into a more handsome man, just like his father. My eyes lit up as they fell on him. He hugged me tightly and I returned his hug.

"Welcome home sweetie. I haven't seen you in so long," I said, wiping the happy tears away.

"Oh mom, it's only been six months."

"Six months is a long time bro," a voice interrupted. 

EJ was standing on the staircase looking down at us. Evan went to him and they hugged. EJ was as tall as Evan now and they looked so similar.

"How's my little brother?"

"I'm good. Been here, waiting for you."

"How about we go get some guy time later on?"

"That what's up bro!" 

They hugged each other; they looked like best friends.

"Where's Emily?" Evan finally asked.

"She should be here any minute now. Last time we spoke, she was over the Caribbean."

"Ha. Dad said she took in Grandma's footsteps. Did she really establish four hundred hotels over the globe?"

"Yes she did."

"Wow. Now, that's impressive."

"Okay, let's not talk about work or money or power at my birthday dinner please," I said. 

Evan gave me a smile and helped me set the table with EJ.

The door opened and Emily walked in. She could turn a dull house into a brighter one just by her presence. She walked up to me and pulled me into a comfortable hug.

"Happy Birthday Mommy," she greeted.

"Thank you sweetie."

"Well, look what the jet dragged in," Evan teased. He couldn't wait to get under his sister's skin. 

They hadn't seen each other in years but they communicated. All the children were close, regardless of distance.

"Miss World," EJ teased. He always sided with his big brother on these things. 

They laughed at Emily as her face turned red.

"Shut up!" she snapped and bopped them on the head.

"What'd you bring back?" Evan asked.

"Nothing for you. Just some things for Mom and Daddy." She began to look around after realizing a face was missing. "Mom, where's Dad?"

"Oh, Mom didn't tell you?" EJ asked.

"Tell me what?"

"Dad passed away last night."

"WHAT?!" she shouted and looked at me, tears already coming. 

I gave EJ a dreadful look. "EJ, don't scare her like that, and that's an awful joke. He's not dead, sweetie. He'll be here soon."

"Oh, thank God," she exhaled, holding her chest. When she recovered she slapped EJ on his head.

"That's a terrible joke, EJ. I'm gonna tell Dad!"

"I thought it was hilarious," Evan joked, and he and EJ began laughing again.

I rolled my eyes at them. 

They began talking and laughing together like the great siblings they were. EJ was telling them about the trips he'd taken with his father and me-- the things he did and saw, and new things he learned. Emily was talking about the chains of hotels and how she had already visited two hundred of them. Ethan had put her in charge of the hospitality department of the business and she was excellent at it. Evan was talking about Hollen Tower. He was the new CEO of his father's former company and he was also excellent at what he did.

I just sat there, listening and watching them with a big smile on my face. Although I'd said there shouldn't be any talk about work and money at my dinner, I couldn't stop it. They were billionaires-- successful and proud ones. It was obvious they were going to talk about their accomplishments.

Ethan had retired and we'd started a school program called Second Chances.  It was free of charge and available for children of all ages whose parents couldn't afford to send them to school, were homeless and broke, and for those who got kicked out of school due to pregnancy or expulsion for something they regretted doing. It was a success. When students completed the program, they would earn a certificate and get a job. We helped thousands of people.

"So, my kids are here." Ethan approached the table and Evan and Emily ran into his open arms. 

EJ still lived with us so there wasn't a need for him to get excited about seeing his father.

"Daddy, I'm so happy to be home. I've missed you so much," Emily said in his arms. 

He kissed her forehead.

We had a nice dinner, as always.

"Evan, when are you going to bring your girlfriend home?" I asked.

"Aw, Evs doesn't have a girlfriend."

"Shut up Emily, of course I do. Y'all will meet her soon."

"We're looking forward to that," said Ethan

"How about you Emily?" I asked.

"Ha. I'm too busy and I travel too much to have a steady relationship. What about EJ?" she laughed. 

All eyes were on him and he drew back in fright.

"I don't have a girlfriend," he said quickly, and we all laughed.

I was at peace. My life was beautiful with beautiful people in it. 

Halley and Martin came over with Marquis and joined us for dessert-- and gave me my birthday presents.

Ethan bought me another diamond necklace. Evan got me a bouquet of red roses and boxes of chocolates. Emily brought me a beautiful perfume set from Paris. EJ saved his allowance and got me a big framed poster which read: "To one of the world's best mothers. You're not just a person, you're a gem. On this special day, I would like to say I love you and happy birthday." My eyes watered when I read it. 

I loved all the gifts. But the best gift of all was the one right before my eyes, the one no amount of money could buy. My family and closest friends.

THE END

FROM THE AUTHOR:

Thank you so much for reading my book. I really do appreciate all the reads and votes. Please continue to tell your friends about this story and vote on the chapters if you haven't already. Let's take this book to another level🤗
I hope you enjoyed it and will be looking forward to Evan's book.

Here's the cover, once again, and further below will be a taste of the plot.

Evan Hollen is the son of a multi billionaire and the CEO of his father's company. He's like his father in appearance and attitude, but his entire demeanor is different and colder. He's heartless and selfish and will be damned if anyone crosses him.

Despite his cold attitude and selfishness, his personal assistant, a black woman, takes a strong liking to him. But Evan doesn't even notice her unless she's taking his phone calls, messages and handling his schedule. He's not the type to mix business and pleasure, and he's definitely not the type who'll fall for one of his employees.

But when he and his personal assistant wake up in the same bed at his penthouse after a night out with lots of alcohol and dancing, all hell breaks loose. He tries to put on his tough exterior to stop himself from wanting her, but he's already melting in love.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE LOOK FORWARD TO THIS BOOK. IF YOU LIKED HOT COFFEE, YOU WILL LOVE MOLTEN CHOCOLATE.

IF YOU DIDN'T LIKE HOT COFFEE, YOU WON'T LOVE MOLTEN CHOCOLATE.

Thanks everyone

Molten Chocolate will be available, hopefully, by the end of January or early February 2018. New Chapters will be added frequently; that's a promise.

Thanks so much again for choosing Hot Coffee. I really hope you guys are looking forward to the continuation.

In the meantime, you can check out one of my other recent book How Bad Can A Good Girl Get?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7M 18K 11
Meet Christina A. Cruz. Single. Simple. Incredibly Beautiful. She's the girl who possesses refined manners and right conduct_ well- disciplined, k...
1M 41.2K 60
"you're no one to me", his words echoed in my ears but what was it all when he kissed me; merely an illusion? It felt so real and lively. "...and ju...
14M 369K 22
WARNING!!! MATURE content inside for 18 years old and above! If you're an INNOCENT or NOT AN OPEN-MINDED reader, please refrain from reading this sto...
111K 2.9K 90
Rank #1 in watty2020 28/1/2020 Rank #1 in eroticaromance 19/1/2020 Rank #9 in watty2020 13/1/2020 Rank #25 in passionate 10/1/2020 Rank #14 in Blaze...