The Bright Future Awaits! The...

By CrescentShine

HIGHEST RANK #1inFantasy (07.30.18) A young genius doctor in her peak of career died in a bank robbery. As sh... More

Notes
Prologue
I. New Life
II. One Year Old
III. I am sorry
IV. Dark Past
V. I reincarnated into otome game (1)
a/n
VI. I reincarnated into otome game (2)
VII. History of Ygdrassil
VIII. Three Years Old
IX. Silver Ice Leopard
X. Four Years Old
Side Story 1: Christopher
XI. Five Years Old
a/n
Holiday Special 2.1. Christmas Edition part I: 'Doki~ Doki~ You're My Sunshine'
XII. History Repeat
XIII. Learning Magic (1)
XIV. Learning Magic (2)
XV. Fairies Pond, Lumiere
Holiday Special 2.2. Christmas Edition part 2:Promise under the Night Sky
XVI. Hellish Training (1)
XVII. Hellish Training (2)
XVIII. Nine Years Old
XIX. Registering as an Adventurer
Side Story 2: Cedric
XX. First Mission (1)
XXI. First Mission (2)
XXII. First Mission (3)
Holiday Special 3: New Year's Eve
XXIII. First Mission (4)
XXIV. Heroine and the Captured Targets (1)
XXV. Heroine and the Captured Targets (2)
XXVI. Shopping Spree
XXVII. Scouting Legion (1)
XXVIII. Scouting Legion (2)
Side Story 3: Jane
XXIX. Scouting Legion (3)
XXX. Scouting Legion (4)
XXXI. Tea Party (1)
XXII. Tea Party (2)
XXXIII. disasTEAr PARTY (1)
XXXIV. disasTEAr PARTY (2)
XXXV. Ten Years Old
XXXVI. Engagement Party (1)
XXXVII. Engagement Party (2)
XXXVIII. Engagement Party (3)
XXXIX. Engagement Party (4)
XL. Engagement Party (5)
XLI. Engagement Party (6)
XLII. Engagement Party (7)
XLIII. Scouting Legion First Mission (1)
XLIV. Scouting Legion First Mission (2)
XLV. Scouting Legion First Mission (3)
XLVI. Scouting Legion First Mission (4)
XLVII. Chamber of Secret (1)
XLIX. Chamber Of Secret (3)
L. Chamber of Secret (4)
LI. Chamber of Secret (5)
LII. Chamber of Secret (6)
LIII. Chamber of Secret (7)
LIV. Chamber of Secret (8)
LV. Chamber of Secret (9)
Side Story 4: Christopher part 2
LVI. Chamber of Secret (10)
LVII. Sea Alert (1)
LVIII. Sea Alert (2)
LIX. Sea Alert (3)
LX. Sea Alert (4)
LXI. Sea Alert (5)
LXII. Sea Alert (6)
LXIII. The Elf Prince (1)
LXIV. The Elf Prince (2)
Character Profile: COLEEN SHADE
LXV. Her First Love
LXVI. Her Change
LXVII. You're Pretty And Will Always Be
LXVIII. Oniisama is Gone
Arc 2: Entrance Exam part 1 (Michelle)
Arc 2: Entrance Exam part 2 (Dianne)
Arc 2: Entrance Exam part 3 (Jasmine)
LXXII. The First Trial: Heart
LXXIII: The Second Trial: Soul
Goodbye Baby Choco
LXXIV: The Third Trial: Magic
LXV. Entrance Ceremony
Holiday Special 4: Happy Halloween
LXVI. My M Instructor
LXVII. My First Day of Class (1)
LXVIII. My First Day of Class (2)
Important Note
LXIX. My First Day of Class (3)

XLVIII. Chamber of Secret (2)

13.3K 594 33
By CrescentShine

I never thought that zombies are fast. It never occurs to me that the thing I needed to battle was a zombie... and I am hella scared right now.

Luckily, I casted a [Night Vision] spell because if not, maybe I am already dead, eaten by this creepy zombie.

I am not sure if there are other zombies here and with the sound of fighting here, sooner or later, I will be outnumbered. I need to finish this fast, really fast but how?

If base on strength, I am at an obvious disadvantage but if in speed, I am only on par on her.

I don't know what I should do to out win this zombie in a short time.

The zombie girl looks at me with open mouth and a flow of drool from it. Every time she walks, she sway from side to side like a drunkard old man but when she runs, I can only barely dodge her attack.

I am already exhausted from dodging and whenever I tried to attack, she's fast that I can't land my dagger on her.

I can't use magic because she moves way faster than the speed of my thought to imagine a spell; I am just starting to attack her with magic but she already attacking me, with no other choice, I can only dodge and escape from her.

My leg started to weaken and my body is full of scratch and bruised from dodging and bumping to things but I don't even have a time to gasp an air because whenever I tried to stop to take a breath, the zombie will attack me.

This fight can't prolonged, it will only attract more zombie (if there are more); and adding more will lead me to death.

I need to think... fast.

I look around the room, thinking what should I use but there is nothing that can help me.

Wait! I saw something... there is an old water pipe in the corner. Pipe equals to water and my attribute is water.

I can create water from out of thin air but it will take time since I need to deconstruct the air molecules and make it into water element... and I don't have time for that.

The zombie attacks me once again and this time I did not dodge. I waited until she arrives near me while my right hand starting to control the water from the pipe and my left hand was holding the dagger.

5...

4...

3...

2...

1...

Now!

When the zombie leaps toward me, the water pipe exploded throwing the zombie away from me with the used of water pressure coming from the pipe.

I control the water with my hand gesture, making a whirlpool; surrounding the zombie.

But since I am only yellow mage, my strength was not enough to control the water to stop the stream of water from the pipe and the whirlpool... so, I freeze the pipe to stop the flow while I brought out my bow and arrow to strike the zombie.

With a fast swish, I hit the head of the zombie and it stops moving.

When I was sure that it dies, the whirlpool collapse as well as my body. I was gasping for air, trying to catch my breath when I heard footsteps.

I tried to stand up but because I am already weak and I can no longer feel my body from fatigue; I started to panic.

With no other choice, I closed my eyes and started to feel the air.

I still not have 100% grasp with [borrowed nature] wind element except for fire and ice but I have no choice. I need to try this to escape from calamity.

[Air Body]

I chanted the spell I got from watching movies and anime using [borrowed nature] wind element.

Constructing my body molecules by copying the molecule of air, my body started to change. From my feet to head, it started to fade away.

I got this idea when Juvia's body of Fairytail became water, I wanted to do the same since using [borrowed nature] consume more MP than my own attribute but if I wanted to escape without alerting my enemy, air is the best choice.

My own MP already 50% consume and I can't even move my body, so, I can only maintain this spell for 10 seconds.

I know ten seconds is not enough time but for me it is already enough to look for another place to hide and recuperate my loss energy.

When I am already part of the air and floating like a real air, I saw bunch of bunch of zombie children.

Yes, dearest. The entire zombies are composed of children ranging from 3 years old to 12 years old.

Why there are lots of children here?

Why all children?

Since I don't have time, I started to drift away here really fast and look for a hideout.

They started sniffing around but since I am already an air, my scent was spread all around and with the use of the air magic, I change my own scent so that they can't follow me and only follow the scent I remove from my body to the opposite side.

I only have 45 more minutes to stay here so, I decided that the place I needed to hide was near where I came from.

I saw a small cave room near the door and I decided that it was the place where I will take a rest.

Before I can reach that area, the spell broken and I'm to my former body. Since I was floating, when the spell broke, I fell on the ground with a loud thud... and even my [Night Vision] spell gone.

With no eyesight, strength, and power; I crawl to that area with difficulty. The bruise and injury that I got from fighting the zombie girl started increasing and my consciousness started to fade.

Before I completely collapse, I reach the area then fainted.

I look in my body and I saw nothing. I was like an air just like earlier but this time, I have no control with my movements.

I was still inside the cave. No. This place was different. It was a cave earlier but time and space was in a very fast pace, it was in a fast forward setting. No. More like a rewind.

From the scary and creepy cave then it shows a landslide event then houses in a city then forest then another earthquake disaster; this scenario continues until it stop in a small village-like area.

I saw children running around and playing together except for one. It was lone boy at around four or five years old with dark brown hair and black eyes. The boy was thin and unhealthy yet he was working for an adult-like job.

The boy was devoid of any emotion and even he was abuse by his master, he never showed pain yet when his mother died; he cried for days.

When his mother died, he buried her on the foot of the mountain using piles of rocks.

He was hungry and weak but he tried to left the area and move on yet his abusive master captured him and hit him until he can't move an inch.

He was half dead when his master throws him on the mountain for wolves to feed.

When I saw his experience, I was hurt for him.

He was only a child yet he experienced this kind of hardship. I thought it was only in movies yet it really happened in real life.

I saw two fairies arrived and help the boy; the younger fairy has silver hair and purple eyes while the older one has a pale purple hair and purple eyes. They were breathtaking beautiful.

"Let's go, ******. Mother is waiting for us" the older one told the younger fairy.

"Let's help him, oneesama. He's wounded and I don't want him to die. Please, oneesama"

The older fairy sigh in defeat then nodded at her younger sister which earned an excited squeal.

The younger one created a small bamboo house while the older one help the boy.

The boy thought he was dying and in his half consciousness, he saw a beautiful older fairy.

Once the bamboo house built, they place the boy on the bamboo bed.

The younger one cleans the boy and help him lower his fever while the older one cooks a herbal soup for the boy. The one who helps and feed the boy was the younger one but whenever she left, the boy will coincidentally open his eyes and saw the older fairy.

Before the boy fainted again, he whispered, "thank you" to the older one and never saw the younger one.

When they were sure that the boy was save from the death's door, they left him in rush.

When morning comes, the boy woke up but found no one beside him. He was somewhat sad since he did not even saw his benefactor and personally thank her, and he decided to become strong and look for her, to pay her his gratitude for saving his life.

The scene was running fast yet I can see and understand everything clear and I breathe out a sigh of relief when I saw that the poor boy was saved from danger.

For days and months, the boy work hard to become a hunter and have the strength to travel around and look for his benefactor.

Until one day, big personality came for him, saying that he was the boy from oracle.

Before I can understand what they meant, everything started to blur and fade away; waking me up from my slumber.

When I woke up, I was still in this dark and eerily silent cave.

I tried to move and found out that I recover 40% of my physical strength and 60% MP.

I casted [Night Vision] spell so I can see my surrounding but when my eyesight came back, I saw a face looking at me.

Kyaaaaa...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.1K 238 42
(2nd Installment) After being reborn in another world, I have begun my journey through the world. Now, I have arrived at the City of Yiinao, where a...
1M 33.7K 91
(Highest Ranked: #24 in Fantasy/Magic) THIS IS AN ORIGINAL STORY (2nd Book is already up on my Profile; This one is Complete) I died and when I woke...
6.6K 249 36
Dying at the age of 16 might seem harsh to others but that wasn't the case for her. Rather she was happy that it was the end of a miserable life. So...
104K 1.4K 7
Awakening to find myself in a world teeming with magic, dragons, and fantastical wonders was like stepping into the pages of a novel - quite literall...