WAR ➳ nalu vs. graylu

By rancorous

[COMPLETED] When Lucy Heartfilia, a confident Celestial Wizard, is completely dumped from her beloved 'Team N... More

Chapter 1: Welcome Home [1/2]
Chapter 2: Fire and Keys [2/2]
Chapter 3: The Returning of the Take Over Mage
Chapter 4: Ice and Keys
Chapter 5: Natsu's Outbreak
Chapter 6: The Promise
Chapter 7: Sunny Beaches
Chapter 8: Honest Truth
Chapter 9: Rock Pools
Chapter 10: In Harm's Way
Chapter 11: Flowery Hills
Chapter 12: Muffins
Chapter 13: Remembrance
Chapter 15: Confusing Love
Chapter 16: Returning of the Ice Mage
Chapter 17: Fire vs. Ice
Chapter 18: Where Love Blooms
Chapter 19: The War Has Ended [End]
Author's Note: Updates and Answering Your Questions!

Chapter 14: Sleeping Beauty Awakens

7.1K 238 200
By rancorous

______________________________

Fairy Tail Guild Infirmary

4:00pm

______________________________

[NATSU'S P.O.V]

Her screams echoed throughout the house. She thrashed around, kicking at the air. Once she started to freak out, I brought her to Mira. She just collapsed and started freaking out. She only screamed Gray's name.

"GRAY!" She yelled. Mira strapped her down onto the infirmary bed. She thrashed her head around. She screamed, crying for Gray.

"I told you to be careful, Natsu!" Mira turned to me as she loomed over Lucy, her bark made me jump back.

"I didn't do anything! She figured it out for herself." I shot back, defending myself.

"We were careless. I should've known she'd catch on quickly." She sighed, placing her hand against Lucy's forehead. "She's got a high fever... I need to get her in lighter clothes." I gulped at her words. Suddenly, a bunch of people busted into the door.

"Lucy!" They all said. Gajeel, Levy, Erza, Wendy, Carla and Happy all rushed to her side. Their eyes all filled with worry.

"Oh my gosh, is she okay!?" Levy cried, she held Lucy's hand in hers. Tears fell down her cheeks.

"What happened, Natsu?" Erza demanded. I shrugged, avoiding her question. I fell silent. I can't tell them.

"Goddammit... She's been though so much lately." Gajeel sighed harshly. My brow perked at him. His concern erked me.

Lucy just cried Gray's name over and over. Her eyes weren't open. They were squeezed shut. I wanted to hold her. To say sorry. Everyone was huddling around her. Tears filled their eyes. This is was all my fault. If I hadn't become so stuck up, Lucy wouldn't be going through all this pain.

"Gray! Come back! Come back! Please! Gray!" She streeched, she clawed against the metal straps holding her down.

"Okay, everyone. I need to ask you guys to leave... Lucy needs some rest." Mira said to them, pushing them out. She took out a needle, injecting it carefully into Lucy's arm. Lucy's jerking became less intense, but she was still in a state of agitation.

"Natsu... I don't think I can do much other than sedate her. But I can't do that forever... She-She's...."

"No! You have to save her! Y-You... Yo-You..." I couldn't help but tear up. I leaned over her bed. "I'm so sorry, Lucy. Lucy, please don't go..." I cried, but she replied with a scream. Suddenly, a bang came from outside the infirmary. I ran out to see what it is. A dark misty figure came before the guild doors. Master ran out in the front.

"Who are you?" He asked.

"That's not important." It spoke in dark, low voice. Shadows covered his face. But I could see his spiky black hair. "What's important is, Lucy Heartfilia."

"What do you want with Lucy?" I said, before Master could. It looked at me with red eyes. As if it could see right through me. I got a weird, nostalgic feeling at the bottom of my stomach.

"Simply to settle something with the young mage." It smirked. It looked back at Master. "So, if you would direct me to where she is, I'll just take her and go." I tightened my fist and growled.

"If you think you can get her, you'll have to go through me!" The shadow came rushing at me, with black ice shooting out of it's fingers. This thing was stronger than I thought. I couldn't fend him off after my first Dragon's roar. I felt it's icy cold fingers wrap around my neck.

"You can't beat me anymore, Natsu. I'm better than you. And I'll never, ever let you steal her from me again." It whispered. What did it mean 'steal her'... Was he talking about Lucy? And how did he know my name? His voice seemed more human this time. I know that voice.

"G-Gray?" I spat, the shadow smirked at me.

"In the flesh. But I'm not here to fight you. I'm here for the girl." Master pulled Gray off of me, and growled at him.

"Gray, how dare you attack—"

"You can't boss me around anymore, Gramps." Gray said. He lifted his cloche, and revealed a shirtless Gray. But he wasn't wearing the same clothes. His chest didn't have the Fairy Tail sign on it anymore. But in it's place, the 'Sabertooth' sign. "I'm apart of Sabertooth now."

Sabertooth was our rival. Our enemy. And Gray knew it. But he joined them anyway?

"W-What... Gray..." Gramps stepped back, his face filled with betrayal. Gray laughed deviously, and turned back to me.

"So? Where is she?"

"If ya think you can get her so easy, you better fight me!" I heard Gajeel say, Levy stood up and growled.

"If you care for her so much, why is she in so much pain?!" She cried. Readying for a fight. Everyone else in the guild barked the same thing, and stood behind me.

"We're gonna protect our guild member." I said, in a low tone. Gray snickered, as five other figures appeared behind him.

"Ah, that's where you're wrong, Natsu-san." One of them said. Was it really? Sting from Sabertooth?

"Gajeel..." That weird Rogue said. Minerva and Rufus and Orga all smirked behind Gray.

"We've agreed to retake that girl, and in return, Gray will be apart of Sabertooth forever." Minerva said. I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

"GRRRRRAAAAAAAAAY!" I heard Lucy scream from the other room. Crap. Gray suddenly tensed up, and pushed passed me. He stormed into the room where Lucy lay.

[GRAY'S P.O.V]

Hearing Lucy scream my name was heartbreaking. Her face was wet with tears, and it was red too. She was strapped down with metal. Who would do this to her? Who would lock her up? What is wrong with her?

"Lucy! Lucy, can you hear me?! Lucy, please!" I yelled. With all my might, and bent the metal bars, and ripped them off her. I grabbed her, pulling her into a tight hug. Could she be dying? What's wrong?

"GRAAAY! COME BACK! PLEASE! GRAAAY!" She whined loudly in my ear, but I didn't care. I just cried and cried.

"I'm right here, Luce! Please, wake up! Wake up!" I streetched. She can't die on me. She can't. "Luce... Please..." I leaned down, kissing her screaming mouth. I didn't care about the people around me. I didn't care about Natsu or anything at all. I just wanted Lucy. I looked down at her face, but it wasn't hot anymore. But her cheeks were burning up. I could see the corners of her mouth lift up.

"Gray..." She said more quietly.

"L-Lucy..." I whispered back. Her eyes fluttered open, revealing her chocolate brown eyes.

"Gray... W-Where am I?" She said, sitting up. She looked completely fine. As if nothing happened. Natsu came bursting in. I stood up before he could get to her.

"Back off, Natsu. She's fine. I'm taking her and leaving." I barked. Natsu looked angry as I said that. But I wouldn't change my mind.

"Gray... What's that on your chest?" Lucy asked, I turned and looked down. She gasped at my new Sabertooth sign. "W-When did you... Why..."

"I had to... Natsu tricked you! H-He tricked you into forgetting me!" Lucy shot a look at Natsu. Lucy's eyes looked confused and angry. "Lucy, please." I knelt beside her. "Come with me... Join Sabertooth... Please?"

"I... Gray.... I-uh... I... I can't." She finally said. My heart sank. "I can't go with you. I have friends here... A-And... I love you but... I can't leave my family." She began to cry. I stepped back in horror. Why wouldn't she come? Why?

"No... No.... Lucy... I..." Tears rushed down my face, and Lucy just looked at me. "Please Lucy. I-I can't rejoin Fairy Tail... I want to be with you! I want to be with you!" I cried. I pulled my hands to my face, I couldn't contain it. Minerva rubbed my shoulder.

"Stop crying, Gray. Besides, this guild is shitty, anyway. You can find someone better there. This guild is full of losers." But I didn't listen to anything she said. I couldn't understand anything.

"Gray.. Why don't you just rejoin Fairy Tail?" Lucy said. I looked up at her.

"I can't—"

"And he won't." Minerva sneered. She grabbed my arm, pulling me out of the room. "Look, Gray. You can't rejoin Fairy Tail. You're one of the strongest we got!"

"But... I love her, Minerva." I mumbled. I suddenly felt a sting on my left cheek. Minerva had slapped me.

"I don't care, Gray! You need to forget her! She's forgotten you! Now repay her the favor!" She growled. Maybe Lucy did forget me, and now she loves Natsu. Natsu has tricked her into loving him. Minerva is right.

"You're right..." I said grimly. I let my new-found magic swallow me up. The shadows kept on whispering: Lucy Heartfilia is your enemy. My heart went blank.

Lucy Heartfilia is my enemy.

[LUCY'S P.O.V]

To admit, I was scared when I was unconscious. I can't explain it, but, I was scared that Gray left me. All I saw was Gray walking away. I screamed his name, but he didn't care. My love for him was fading away. I wanted to keep on believing, but I just can't. I sat there, my head spinning. Everyone surrounding me. Natsu at my side.

"Lucy, are okay?" He asked, holding my hand. Minerva and Gray walked out of the room. Were they a thing now? No. It can't be. He said he loved me still. But I didn't feel it anymore. I looked over at Natsu.

"Natsu, what happened?" I said sternly.

"I... I tricked you into eating a muffin with a potion in it to for you to forget Gray and then—"

"You what?!" I barked. Natsu said it so fast, but I still understood what it meant. "How could you?! I'll never forgive you!" I cried. I ran out, and bumped into a rather dark figure.

"Oh. It's you." It said. But it was Gray's voice. What happened to him?

"G-Gray? W-Why...?"

"Because of you. You forgot about me, and went to Natsu." His cold words echoed in my head. Minerva smirked behind him.

"You bi--"

I suddenly felt cold fingers around my neck, Gray forced me to face him. His eyes red.

"Listen here, girly. I'll show you one day. I'll show you one day that you were wrong for betraying me." He snickered, heading out of the guild. My hands traced where Gray touched me. Even though he was evil now, his touch was still... Kind.

"Gray... No..."

___________________________

the usual,

vote, comment and SHARE WITH YOUR FRIENDS!

- Andrea ;^)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

151K 3.6K 34
Natsu Dragneel is the schools bad boy at Fairy Tail High. He's battle scarred from fights and follows his own rules. He rides a motorcycle and wears...
40.9K 1.7K 26
"So.." he began, shifting to look at her now instead. "Why'd you leave?" There it was, the question she had dreaded from the start. Lucy closed her e...
193K 3.7K 34
When Natsu breaks Lucy heart, she struggles to pull through the broke up. With less than a week of the break up, she is forced to watch Natsu and Lis...
983K 27.6K 37
This story revolves around a girl named Lucy Heartfilia. She lives in the magical world of Fairy Tail, a guild composing of wizards. During her stay...