Different (Hiccup x Reader)

By Styla_Mythic

(This story takes place in the first movie, also Astrid is gender-bent into Arrow.) You were always the outca... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
A/N: Thank you!!!

Chapter 1

24.8K 464 722
By Styla_Mythic

"Now what do you do (Y/n)?" Gothi asked, scribbling into the dirt.

"Uh...oh! You see how deep the cut is and make sure you stitch it up if you need to!" You replied.

"Correct. That's all for today. Get home to your family. Your mother may get a break from 6 children sometimes, but I'm not your mother." You chuckled, enjoying her hint of humor.

"Yeah, her and Dad have their hands full. Bye Gothi!"

"Goodbye." You left with a smile and hurried home. 

You lived on the outskirts of the village in one of the bigger houses. You needed it since you had a family of 8. Your father was also a higher respected man of the village so luckily you had the supplies you needed to sustain that many people. Your mother was a stay at home woman because she needed to keep the house from falling apart at the seams. You and your siblings always did what you could to make it easier for them. 

Well, all except your oldest sibling. Your snotty older sister to be exact. She hadn't been snotty until a few years back when you'd become 'prettier than her' in her own words. You didn't really know how to respond to that except, 'I don't know about that. You aren't any less beautiful Cala.' All she had done was huff at you and storm off. The rest of your family, other than your mother, was made of boys. 

You had been born quintuplets. First was Zane. He had brown hair, deep blue eyes, and was the 'oldest' of you five since he came first and you were all about 6 minutes apart from the next one. Next was Ash. He had black hair, deep green eyes, and a hair trigger temper. He was the second oldest. Then came Kent. Kent had light brown hair, red-ish brown eyes, and was the tallest of all of you. He was also the nerdiest one of the group, but still had great fighting skills and such since he was also slender and fast. Then came Carl. Carl had blond hair, bright blue eyes, and was by far the party animal of the group. He wasn't a bad boy though. He had a sweet, fun loving, and silly personality, making him the little brother in all of your eyes. Lastly was you. You were the daydreamer type. The only way to describe you is the sentence 'one of a kind'.

You coming last gave you the nickname, 'little sis'. Even though they were older than you, your parents said you had shown traits none of the others had. Overall you were a complex person with a special personality. You were just happy to be yourself.

You made it home and you were welcomed by you overprotective brother, Ash. Ash was the tough, but loyal boy of the family. He could get aggressive at times, but underneath was a caring person who would do anything for his loved ones.

"Hey, little sis. What took ya so long?" He asked with his signature grin. You rolled your eyes. Why is he always so weird? I wasn't that late!

"Gothi held me up a little. We needed to go over a more serious wound treatment today. Sorry I'm a little late." He ruffled your hair a little, clearly amused.

"It's alright. I just like knowing where you're at. You know I can't lose my little sister," He said, giving you a hug. You smiled and hugged back happily.

"And I can't lose any of my big brothers." 

After that you grabbed dinner after saying a quick hello to the rest of your family and hurried up to your room to work on your stuff. You ate while working on your daily notes of your medical training. After that you went back to sketching. You did it to pass the time. Soon enough it was time for bed, but, as everyone knows, sleep doesn't always last long in your village.

Third Person POV

This is Berk. It's twelve days north of Hopeless, and a few degrees south of Freezing to Death. It's located solidly on the Meridian of Misery. My village. In a word, sturdy. And it's been here for seven generations, but, every single building is new. We have fishing, hunting, and a charming view of the sunsets. The only problems are the pests. You see, most places have mice or mosquitoes. We have... A boy slammed a door shut as a Monstrous Nightmare breathed fire at the door.

"Dragons."

Most people would leave. Not us. We're Vikings. We have...stubbornness issues. My name's Hiccup. Great name, I know. But, it's not the worst. Parents believe a hideous name will frighten off gnomes and trolls. Like our charming Viking demeanor wouldn't do that.

Hiccup got knocked over and a random Viking loomed over him and yelled, "ARGGGHHHHH! Mornin'!" Hiccup kept running, passing multiple people along the way who shouted things like,

"What are you doing here?!"

"Get inside!"

"What are you doin' out?"

"Get back inside!"

As he ran, Stoick grabbed Hiccup by the collar of his shirt. "Hiccup?! What is he doing out aga-?! What are you doing out?! Get inside!" He yelled and pushed him along. Hiccup obeyed, rushing along.

That's Stoick the Vast. Chief of the tribe. They say that when he was a baby, he popped a dragon's head clean off of its shoulders. Do I believe it? Yes, I do.

"What have we got?" Stoick asked.

"Gronckles, Nadders, Zipplebacks. Oh, and Hoark saw a Monstrous Nightmare."

"Any Night Furies?" Stoick asked.

"None so far," Starkard replied. A few burning embers landed on Stoick's shoulder. He casually brushed it off like it was nothing.

"Good." 

Meanwhile, back with Hiccup, He ran into Gobber's shop to help him. "Ah! Nice of you to join the party! I thought you'd been carried off!" Gobber mocked, working on one of the many weapons he had to fix.

"What, who me? Nah, come on! I'm waaaay too muscular for their taste. They wouldn't know what to do with all...this." Hiccup replied, gesturing to himself.

"Well, they need toothpicks, don't they?" Gobber replied, still mocking him.

The meat-head with attitude and interchangeable hands is Gobber. I've been his apprentice ever since I was little. Well...little-er.

As more buildings and such get lit on fire, Hiccup keeps helping Gobber. This is something the people don't react much to, aside from noting that they now had something else to take care of.

See? Old village, lots and lots of new houses.

"FIRE!" Someone shouted.

"Alright, let's go!" A boy with blond hair shouted. 

Oh, and that's Fishlegs, Snotlout, the Twins, Ruffnut and Tuffnut, and Arrow. The other group there is the rag tag group of brothers, Zane, Ash, Kent, and Carl. They're (Y/n)'s older brothers, even if the longest distance between their ages is around 6 minutes. That makes Zane and (Y/n) about half and hour apart at age. (Y/n)'s never with them though. She's with Gothi, doing her own job, which many would argue is even more important. 

On a hill in a hut is a girl with (h/l) (h/c), (e/c) eyes, and (s/c) skin. She is treating a bad leg wound on a Viking with her mentor, an old silent woman, helping her. The two worked well together and (Y/n)'s focus on her job was very serious. Everyone knew she was the best of the best when it came to the 'next in lines', as they were called.

She's probably the hottest girl in the village. And she's the only one who's nice to me. Well...she's not mean, but we don't talk to each other. And man are their jobs so much cooler.

Hiccup tried to leave, but Gobber grabbed him, stopping him. Hiccup groaned as he was picked up in the man's hook hand. "Oh, come on. Let me out, please? I need to make my mark!" 

"Oh, you've made plenty of marks. All in the wrong places!" Gobber argued, prodding him.

"Please, two minutes. I'll kill a dragon, my life will get infinitely better. I might even get a date!" Hiccup said, secretly thinking, and hoping, for (Y/n) to be said date.

"You can't lift a hammer, you can't swing an axe, you can't even throw one of these!" Gobber said, holding up a bola before a Viking grabbed it and used it to bring down a dragon.

"Okay, fine, but this will throw it for me." Hiccup said, patting a wooden machine, which opened and fired a bola randomly, hitting a Viking standing in the background. The man collapsed right after.

"See, now this right here is what I'm talking about!" Gobber snapped at him.

"Mild calibration issue-"

"Don't you- No, Hiccup! If you ever want to get out there to fight dragons, you need to stop all...this." 

"But, you just pointed to all of me!"

"Yes! That's it! Stop being all of you!"

"Ohhhh..." Hiccup said with a type of angry look. He was clearly upset with Gobber's advice and conclusion.

"Ohhhh, yes." Gobber, on the other hand, was certain of this.

"You, Sir, are playing a dangerous game. Keeping this much, raw...Viking-ness...contained? THERE WILL BE CONSEQUENCES!" Hiccup shouted.

"I'll take my chances. Sword. Sharpen. Now." Gobber retorted, tossing a sword to him.

One day, I'll get out there. Because killing a dragon is EVERYTHING around here. A Nadder head is sure to get me at least noticed. Gronckles are tough. Taking down one of those would DEFINITELY get me a girlfriend. A Zippleback? Exotic. Two heads, twice the status. And then, there's the Monstrous Nightmare. Only the best Vikings go after those. They have this nasty habit of setting themselves on fire. But the ultimate prize is the dragon no one's ever seen. We call it the-

Hiccup looked outside as someone shouted, "NIGHT FURY! GET DOWN!"

This thing never steals food, never shows itself, and...never misses. No one has ever killed a Night Fury. That's why I'm going to be the first.

"Man the fort, Hiccup. They need me out there! Stay...put...there. ...You know what I mean." Gobber said before raising his hand with the ax and calling out a battle cry. Then he went off to help. Of course, Hiccup didn't listen. He ran outside the fort, bringing his bolas launcher with him.

"Hiccup, where are you going?!"

"Come back here!" People yelled.

"Yeah, I know! Be right back!" Hiccup called in response. He set up his launcher and waited for a few moments. "Come on. Gimme something to shoot at, gimme something to shoot at." He muttered to himself. Suddenly a Night Fury dove down and attacked a tower. Hiccup shot a bola at it and got back up quickly since the force of the launcher knocked him back. He hit it and watched as it crashed off in the woods. "Oh, I hit it! YES! I HIT IT! Did anybody see that?" 

Then a Nightmare came up behind him and crushed the launcher. "Except for you." He said looking like he expected his bad luck to come and punch him after that victory. He ran off screaming and it wasn't long before the chief noticed this. Stoick heaved a sigh and went to help him. 

"DO NOT let them escape!" He called.

"Right!" Spitelout replied.

Hiccup ran behind a torch pole and hid, just as flames reached around the corner. He looked behind it and on the other side, the Nightmare reached to get Hiccup. Stoick punched the beast and jumped back to defend himself. The dragon tried to breathe fire, but coughed up only a few drops of flaming liquid instead, having exhausted its shots.

"You're all out." Stoick promptly defeated the Nightmare, which quickly fled. The man huffed, satisfied, before turning back to the nearly destroyed smoldering pole behind him.

Oh, and there's one more thing you need to know...

The torch pole collapsed and the torch tumbled down into the village, leaving ruins in its wake. Hiccup flinched with each crash, embarrassed and clearly guilty as he said, "Sorry, Dad."

The torch rolled onto the Nadders Stoick netted earlier, freeing them. The dragons managed to escape, hauling off most of Berk's food and livestock. Hiccup stood there awkwardly as he received an angry glare from his father.

"...Okay, but I hit a Night Fury." Stoick grabbed Hiccup by the back of his shirt and dragged him toward his house. "It's not like the last few times, Dad! I mean, I really actually hit it! You guys were busy and I had a very clear shot. It went down, just off Raven Point. Let's get a search party out there, before it-" Stoick cut him off.

"STOP! Just...stop. Every time you step outside, disaster follows. Can you not see that I have bigger problems? Winter is almost here and I have an entire village to feed!" He shouted angrily.

"Between you and me, the village could do with a little less feeding, don't ya think?" Hiccup said as a Viking at the back rubs his stomach as if to say 'Are you calling me fat?'

"This isn't a joke, Hiccup! Why can't you follow the simplest orders?"

"I can't stop myself. I see a dragon and I have to just... kill it, you know? It's who I am, Dad."

"Uhg...many things, Hiccup. But a dragon killer is not one of them." Stoick said, clearly disbelieving of him. "Get back to the house." He turned to Gobber. "Make sure he gets there. I have his mess to clean up."

"Quite the performance," Tuffnut said.

"I've never seen anyone mess up that badly. That helped!" Snotlout said.

"Thank you, thank you. I was trying." Hiccup said, clearly upset. What he didn't notice was (Y/n) watching him sadly a little ways away from the group of teenagers, excluding her brothers. Before Hiccup and Gobber could continue on their way to the house the turn when they hear someone shout,

"Sis! We need help!" Her brothers hurry up to her, helping Carl who had a cut on his forehead that was still bleeding. It was hard to tell how bad it was, but he was clearly dizzy from the blood loss. The girl turned and gasped, rushing over to help.

"Carl!" Hiccup couldn't help, but stare at her as her caring and loving side showed. "What happened?" She asked, examining the wound with worried eyes.

"A house beam broke while we were trying to help and a piece of wood flew out and hit him," Zane explained. Almost instantly she reacted. Her worry faded away as her focus replaced it.

"Kneel down and don't move," She ordered. They helped Carl down, being the tight family they were, and she grabbed supplies from her bag that she always had on her. She began to treat the wound, but Carl flinched in pain. She forcefully pushed his head back into the place it was. "Hold still." Hiccup watched curiously as her eyebrows furrowed and her eyes fiercened as she treated her brother's wound. 

When she finished he stood up and smiled thankfully at her. He had a patch on her head now, but it wasn't bleeding through and he seemed to go back to his cheerful self.

"Thanks, little sis. You're the best." She smiled warmly at him.

"Anything for my brother." They smiled at her and left while she went back to Gothi to continue helping her. Hiccup then continued to follow Gobber.

"You could learn a thing or two from that girl," Gobber said.

"Yeah sure, so...I really did hit one," He said, changing the subject. 

"Sure, Hiccup."

"He never listens."

"Well, it runs in the family."

"And when he does, it's always with this... disappointed scowl. Like someone skimped on the meat in his sandwich. Excuse me, barmaid! I'm afraid you brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra-large boy with beefy arms. Extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!" He said sadly as he got to the last part.

"Now, you're thinking about this all wrong. It's not so much what you look like, it's what's inside that he can't stand." Gobber said, not helping at all.

"Thank you for summing that up." He said sarcastically.

"Look, the point is, stop trying so hard to be something you're not."

"I just want to be one of you guys." Hiccup said before closing the door. Gobber sighed and left. Hiccup then ran out the back door and into the woods to look for the Night Fury.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.6K 895 9
What if Hiccup wasn't an only child? What if he had a twin sister? What if she was blind? What if she also liked the fearless Astrid Hofferson? Find...
934K 29.1K 118
All rights reserved. Your a lonely girl. Your family died along time ago on a forgotten island far away. You was always bullied as a child. Some...
111K 2.6K 27
"You are different. You are courageous. I might be those things too, but there's one thing you're forgetting. We didn't get this far alone. We both h...
869 45 12
Following a young woman (Y/n) who fled from her home village at a very young age, winding up on a remote island away from most civilization. Where sh...