Taken

By _Just_Nikki_

Amberlynn Grace has been best friends with Niall Horan since she was 5 years old. When she was 15, Niall left... More

Taken
Introduction
Chapter 1: Graduation
Chapter 2: Dinner, A Party, and a Reunion
Chapter 3: Packing Up and Moving Out
Chapter 4: Plane Ride
Chapter 5: Welcome Home
Chapter 6: Full of Surprises
Chapter 7: Five Best Friends
Chapter 9: Sweet Revenge
Chapter 10: Something's Different
Chapter 11: Tours, Tigers, and Dares, Oh My!
Chapter 12: Off With The Leg Hair
Chapter 13: I Wish That Was Me
Chapter 14: You Found Me
Chapter 15: Party Time
Chapter 16: You Again
Chapter 17: Let Me Love You
Chapter 18: Not How Expected
Chapter 19: Can We Work it Out
Chapter 20: A Promise I'll Keep
Chapter 21: This Changes Everything
Chapter 22: Nothing I Do Better
Chapter 23: The Truth Comes Out
Chapter 24: Leave it All Behind
Chapter 25: I'm Gonna Make You Mine
Epilogue
Acknowledgements
BIG ANNOUNCEMENT
Sequel

Chapter 8: Amusement Parks and Wave Pools

243K 1K 163
By _Just_Nikki_

I had been with the boys almost two weeks now, and Niall and I were with each other a lot more. I started noticing things about him that I hadn't noticed before. From the natural sparkle he had in his eyes. To how they sparkled even more when he smiled. And his laugh. Oh lord. His laugh. I just found it so much cuter all of a sudden, and I didn't know why.

I was sitting on the couch with my feet in Harry's lap, because he wanted somewhere to sit, and because he's so flirty, and my head was in Louis' lap because it was hurting my back the way I was sitting, so Louis let me put my head in his lap. The three of us were watching the iCarly episode that they were in.

"Awe! Look at Harry! Little boy looks so sick!" I grinned at him, and nudged him with my foot. Louis laughed, and Harry looked at my shaking his head. We watched for a little while longer. It was at the part where they are at the smoothie place, and Niall had just said 'Does it involve the butter sock?' in his adorable accent, and I burst into laughter. Wait. Adorable accent? What...?

"What's so funny?" Niall asked, walking into the room. I looked up at him, and my eyes widened, nearly popping out of my head. He was wearing a red tank top that showed off his arms, white shorts, and a pair of red Supras.

"Um... Uh... Butter sock." I said, pointing to the t.v. Niall followed my finger, and smiled.

"Oh, right." He walked into the kitchen, and I rose up off the couch slightly, watching him go.

"Put your eyes back in your head, and close your mouth, Love." Louis whispered in my ear. I jumped, and turned to look at him.

"What?"

"Your eyes were popping out they were so wide, and your mouth was hanging open." He said, low enough so that Niall wouldn't hear. "It was unattractive."

"Yeah, seriously." Harry said.

"Hey, lads." Liam said, walking into the living room with Zayn behind him. I raised my eyebrows and looked at him. "And lass." I nodded in approval. "I was wondering if maybe you'd want to spend the day at an amusement park. It'd be nice to get out of the house."

"It's a bit hot, don't you think?" Niall asked, walking in with a sandwich. He sat on the ground in front of me. I reached over and tore a hunk of it off. He stared at me for a second, and then smiled at me. I got this weird feeling in my stomach. I smiled back, and then focused on ripping the hunk of sandwich into smaller bites. It helped distract me from how amazing Niall looked in that tank top.

"Well, yeah. But it's part water park too, so we can cool off." Liam said.

"I'll go!" Louis and Harry suddenly shouted. I looked at Louis, and then at Harry, and back to Lou. They were looking at me weirdly.

"I guess I'll go." Niall said. "It beats sitting here all day." He finished off his sandwich.

"What about you Amberlynn?" Liam asked.

"Sure." I said.

"Alright then. Everyone go get what you need." We all headed up the stairs. I walked into my room, and dug through the drawer where I kept my bathing suits. I slipped into a hot pink bikini with purple stripes. It tied around my neck and back, and the bottoms had ties at the sides. I pulled on a pair of dark denim short shorts, and a white tank top, and red low top converse.

I put my hair up into a ponytail, my bangs hanging down, and stuffed my towel in a bag. Then I went downstairs and waited for the boys. They handed me their towels when they came down, and then I put the spray-on sunscreen in the bag on top.

We climbed in the van, and drove off.

*********

"I can pay my own way, Niall!" I argued. I had my graduation money in the pocket of my shorts. I grabbed it, and started counting out bills.

"No, Amberlynn. I'm paying." Niall said.

"No, Niall. I'm paying."

"I am." He said.

"I am! I have the money!" I finished counting, and was about to hand the lady in the booth my money, when it was jerked from my hand.

"Hey!" I shouted. Louis slipped my money into his pocket. "Give that back, Lou!" I moved towards him, but someone caught me, and shoved my arm through the slot so that the woman could wrap a bracelet around it. When she was done, I turned to see Harry grinning at me.

"From now on, we pay." He said.

"From now on, you can kiss my foot. I hate when people pay for something when I have the money and am perfectly capable of doing it myself."

"Yeah, yeah." Niall said. "Come on. There's lots to do." He grabbed my hand, and pulled me off. There it was again. That feeling in my stomach.

We put the bag full of towels in a locker next to the water park, and went to find rides in the amusement park part.

********

"Please, Liam?" I begged. The two of us were standing by this ride I wanted to ride called 'Tower of Terror.'

"Explain what it does again?" He asked. I sighed.

"I've explained it five times!" I said. "You get on  it, and it takes you way up into the air, and then it just drops. Please?"

"I dunno." He said, staring up at it.

"Please?" He sighed.

"Fine."

"Yay!" I squealed. "Come on!" I grabbed his hand, and pulled him towards the line. We had to wait about ten minutes before we were finally able to get on. The attendant strapped us in, and then walked over to the controls. We started moving up extremely slow. The ride stopped, and I looked down at all the little people. We were at least 200 feet up.

"I have a feeling I'm going to regret this." Liam said.

"Probably." I grinned.

"Wait, what?" Liam said loudly. I had no time to answer, because we dropped then. It felt like my heart had fallen into my stomach. I screamed at first, and then smiled and laughed the rest of the way down. I looked to Liam whose eyes were shut. He was gripping the safety bar as he yelled.

He stopped before we reached the bottom, and then stumbled down the metal ramp when the attendant lifted the safety bar.

"Wasn't that bad," He said. I laughed.

"Huge adrenaline rush isn't it?"

"Yeah."

"Amberlynn!" Louis shouted, running up Liam and I.

"Hi." I laughed.

"Will you come ride this thing with me?" He asked.

"What is it?"

"It's this huge roller coaster! It has a bunch of twists and loops and everything." Louis said. "We'll go upside down like seven times. So, will you ride it with me?"

"Sure."

"Oh don't be such a wimp! Wait. Sure?"

"Sure."

"You'll ride it with me?"

"Yes!" I yelled, laughing again.

"Oh, good! Harry refused to ride it with me. He ran off as soon as I said 'roller'."

"Well, let's go then." I said. "Show me where it is." Louis took my hand, and we jogged quickly to the line. It took almost half an hour before we were finally strapped in the front seat.

"Amberlynn, I'm so bloody scared right now." Louis said in a high pitched voice. "Where in the bloody hell is Harry? He could hold me like my mom used to do." He buried his head in neck and pretended to cry.

"I'll hold you, Louis." I joked.

"Thank, love." He said, grinning. Louis straightened back up in the seat. We started moving, and I reached out and grabbed Louis' hand where it rested on his knee. "First roller coaster?" I nodded. "Don't worry, Babe. It's not that bad."

And it wasn't. I screamed, and clutched his hand tighter when we went over the hill, and over the first loop. But then, I was fine and by the end, I had to let go of his hand and was yelling about how much fun it was.

We met up with Harry, and the three of us started walking.

"I'm thirsty." I said as we walked. We stepped up onto the shaded porch of one of the food places, and sat down.

"Me too." Harry said. He stood up, and went inside. When he came back out, he had three huge drinks in his hands. Harry handed Louis and I one, and kept the other one.

"How much was this?" I asked.

"It doesn't matter." He said.

"I want to pay you back for it though." I took a drink, the familiar taste of blue raspberry touching my tongue. Harry took a drink of his, and swallowed.

"That's exactly why it doesn't matter." He said, and smiled. I sighed. We eventually started walking around the park, finishing off our drinks. I saw Zayn standing beside this ride that was round, and looked like a cage called 'The Whirlwind.' We walked up to him.

"Hi, Zayn." I said.

"Oh, hi guys."

"What are you doing?"

"I was gonna ride this, but I don't want to get on by myself. Do one of you want to read it with me?"

"I just ate." Harry said.

"Maybe later." Louis said.

"I'll ride it with you, Zayn." I told him. He smiled at me, and we climbed on it. You stood against this back rest thing, and held onto two metal bars beside you. It went really fast, and spun around while tilting different directions.

Zayn had to hold onto my arm, because I was so dizzy I couldn't walk straight. I barely got away from the ride, when I just doubled over and the contents of my stomach poured out. It was tinted blue from the slushy that Harry had given me.

He walked up to us then, avoiding the pool of blue vomit in front of me.

"Amberlynn! Are you okay? Is she okay?" He asked. Harry's arms wrapped around me, and I leaned into him.

"I don't know. What should we do?"

"I'll take her and get her out of the heat. You go and find Niall." Harry helped me walk, and before I knew it, the blistering heat was replaced by cool air. He led me to a table, and I sat down. Harry left for a minute, and then came back with a tray.

"I got you a sprite, water, and some crackers." He said.

"Thanks." I took a slow drink of the water, and then lay my head on the table with the colf glass against my forehead.

--Harry's P.O.V--

Amberlynn's face lay against the table, her forehead pressed against the glass of ice water I'd gotten her. I pulled my mobile from my pocket and texted Niall.

To Niall: Amberylnn got sick. We're at The Rest Hut.

I waited for him to respond, and when he didn't, I texted Liam and Louis.

To Boo and Daddy D: If you see Niall, bring him to The Rest Hut. Amberlynn is sick.

Boo: I saw him like, 20 minutes ago. Right outside. Coming in.

Sure enough, Louis walked in. He came over to our table and sat down.

"What happened?" He asked,

"It was that bloody ride Zayn took her on. She threw up everywhere." Lou made a face just as my phone buzzed.

Daddy D: Just found him. Be right there.

To Daddy D: Ok.

I texted Zayn and told him Liam found Niall. A little while laer, the three of them walked in. Niall walked quickly over to her, and knelt down in the floor between the two of us.

"Amber, you okay?" He asked. She nodded, and then rose up, taking a small drink of the sprite. She munched on a cracker slowly.

"I'm fine." She said. Niall looked up at Liam.

"Maybe we should get her home." He looked back to Amberlynn. "Do you want to go home and rest?"

"No. I'm feeling better. I'll be okay." Liam and Zayn left after that, and Niall, Louis and I stayed with Amberlynn. After a while, the color came back to her face, and she was back to normal. After reassuring Niall at least 20 times that she was fine, he finally went back to whatever it was that he was doing, and the three of us started waking again.

--Amberlynn's P.O.V--

Once I was feeling better, I started walking with Louis and Harry. Harry was looking for something to ride. We talked as we walked, and then faded into quietness not long after.

"So, Amberlynn." Harry said, breaking the silence. "You never told us: Are you a virgin or not?" I stopped walking and raised my eyebrows. The two of them had kept walking, and they came back to stand in front of me.

"Because if you are, I could change that." Harry winked at me, and my eyes widened.

"Harry!" Louis yelled, and slapped the back of his head.

"What?" Harry asked. "I could!"

"I know that! And Niall would murder you." Louis said. I stared at the two of them, listening to them bicker. "So are you?" Louis asked, turning to me. I crossed my arms, and stood there. I walked forward, and pushed between them.

Seeing a game I wanted to play, I stopped to play it. I was supposed to throw darts at balloons and if I popped so many, I got a certain sized prize. I ended up winning a giant stuffed Panda Bear. I grinned as the man handed it to me.

"Hey, Amberlynn! Look what I won for you!" Harry called. I turned around still grinning, to see that Harry was smiling too. I looked down at the two tiny stuffed fish in his hands, and he looked at the giant bear in my arms. His grin faded. My grin faded also, and then I smiled at him sweetly, and walked over to him.

"Awe. Thanks, Harry." Louis came up beside us. He studied my panda bear, and Harry's fish, and then snorted. Before I knew it, he jerked the bear from my grasp, and just whacked Harry with it. He did it once, and then casually handed the bear back to me.

"Please tell me you won the bear, and she won the fish." Louis said to Harry.

"N-no." Harry said.

"Wow." Louis said. "She's got more skill than you do!"

"Don't be mean, Louis!" I said. I clipped the fish to the belt loop on my shorts, and kissed Harry's cheek. "Thank you, Harry. I love them." After that, we took my animals to the lockers where our towels were, and started looking for another ride.

Harry and I ended up riding this thing that was like a Farris wheel, only slanted and faster. Louis had went to use the bathroom before we got on, and he wasn't there when we got off. Niall found us, and Harry went to go find Louis.

Niall and I started walking, and I found a haunted house. I took his hand, and pulled him towards it. As soon as I touched him, I got that strange feeling in my stomach again.

When the two of us entered the haunted house, it was very hot and humid, making it hard to breathe. It was so dark I couldn't see my hand in front of my face. I grabbed onto Niall's arm, and leaned into his side.

I'm pretty sure he thought I was scared. The cheesy ghost moans, girl screams, and creaky floor boards didn't bother me. It was just so freaking dark in there, and I didn't want to get separated from Niall because I probably wouldn't be able to find my way out, and then I'd be stuck in this 'haunted house' full of cheesy noises, and I'd probably end up suffocating because it was so hot.

Anyways, Niall moved his arm, and wrapped it around my waist. At one point, this dude dressed as Jason was supposed to come up this 'hill' and chase us, but he ended up falling, and the chainsaw slid back down to the bottom of the ramp.

I looked at him and snorted.

"Idiot." I muttered, before walking on. After that, we rode the adult version of the tea cups, but instead of tea cups were sitting in these giant red things. Niall wouldn't spin it because he was afraid I'd get sick again.

The six of us met up in line for one of the big roller coasters. Harry was not happy at all. I was standing there thinking how weird it was that no one had noticed the boys, when suddenly, everything changed.

"Oh my gosh!" Some girl screamed. "It's One Direction!" A mob started forming.

"Run!" Liam shouted. Louis grabbed my hand, and we took off running. Everyone had split up, going to find somewhere to hide. Louis pulled me into some building, which ended up being the bathroom. He pulled me into a stall. It was so small, and the two of us were pressed together.

"We've gotten closer." Louis whispered.

"Understatement." I whispered back.

"This might be a bad time to ask you, but do you have any carrots?" He asked. I smiled at him and started giggling. Someone started banging on the door. We froze.

"Hurry up in there!" A man yelled. Louis sighed in relief, and reached around me to unlock the door. I pushed it open. "About time! This is bathroom! It's for relieving yourself, not for having sex!" My eyes widened.

"Sir, we weren't-"

"Whatever! I don't want to hear the details! I just wanna take a shit. Now can you move?" Louis pushed against my back, and we walked out of the stall.

"Sex is to be done at home!" The man yelled at us.

"We weren't-" Louis laughed, and pulled me from the bathroom.

*******

"Finally!" Harry yelled, running it up to Louis as we entered the water park. I walked on, to where the others were.

"You won't believe what happened! Amber and I were hiding in a bathroom stall, and this man thought we were having sex!"

"No way!"

"No lie."

"What if you had been?" Harry asked.

"She wouldn't have been laughing, that's for sure." I looked back to the two of them. They looked back at me. I turned around again, and walked over to the lounge chair next to Niall that my towel was laying on. I took my shoes and socks off, and then pulled my tank top over my head.

"Dear mother of God." Harry said. I looked up just as Louis hit his stomach, causing Harry to cough. I took my shorts off.

"Niall, spray this on me." I said, holing the sun block out to him. He did, and I waited for it to dry before moving towards the water in the wave pool.

"Ever wondered what she'd look  like out of that?" Harry asked.

"All the time." Louis said. I wasn't completely sure I'd heard the last part, so I ran out into the water.

*****

A little while later, I felt a tugging at my back. I turned around in the wave pool, to see Harry.

"What are you doing, Haz?"

"Nothing." He smiled, and swam away. Not long after that, I felt a tugging at my neck. I turned around to see Louis this time.

"Lou."

"Oh, hi." And he swam away. The bell sounded, telling us a wave was coming. It did. And suddenly I felt different. I looked down, and gasped. I flung my arms around myself, covering my now bare chest. I tried swimming, and covering myself at the same time, but I wasn't doing so well. I swam until my feet touched the concrete bottom of the pool. Then I walked out.

"Amberlynn?" Niall asked. His eyes widened as he took in my arms wrapped around myself, and my lack of bikini top. He jumped up, and wrapped my towel around me. I turned away from him so he wouldn't see anything, and sat down once the towel was around me. "What happened?"

"I don't know." We heard loud laughter, and I looked for the source of the sound: Louis and Harry.

Boy was I mad.

I watched Liam as he dove underwater. My bikini top was on his head when he surfaced. He reached up and grabbed it, giving it a puzzled look.

He swam until he could walk, and then came up to me. Liam looked at it, and then me.

"Um... Here." He said awkwardly. "I kind of... found this." Niall took it from him, and handed it to me so I could go in the changing tent and put it back on.

Later when we got home, it was dark. The others went to sleep, and Niall and I went to play soccer.

He came up to me, and grabbed me by the wrist, and pulled me against his chest, and we randomly started dancing.

Niall smiled at me, his bright eyes sparkling. And that's when I knew: I was falling for my best friend.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.7K 247 19
Emma and her mom use to be close. Till her mom married her step-dad. He didn't like that Emma was there and staling all the attention away from him;...
15.6K 160 26
Sixteen year old Jeniffer Page moved to London to live with her Father. Her parents got into a divorse when she was 6. Her father works on X-factor a...
233K 11.9K 27
Sometimes people are just drawn to each other, no matter who they are and how they know them. It's chemistry and sometimes it can end as an experimen...
73.2K 2.6K 42
It wasn't suppose to happen like this. She was nerdy. Small nerdy little Emma. Always being picked on by people bigger than her. People like Harry fo...