COLOURS || Seth Clearwater

By -Banana-Bread

ARE YOU WORTH THE HEARTBREAK? "All my life, I've been called beautiful and stunning and cold, but he never co... More

EPIGRAPH
PART ONE
CAST
ONE
TWO
THREE
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
PART TWO
CAST
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
AUTHORS NOTE
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
PART THREE
CAST
TWENTY ONE
TWENTY TWO
TWENTY THREE
TWENTY FOUR
TWENTY FIVE
TWENTY SIX
TWENTY SEVEN
TWENTY EIGHT
TWENTY NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY ONE
THIRTY TWO
AUTHORS NOTE
THIRTY THREE
THIRTY FOUR
THIRTY FIVE
THIRTY SIX
THIRTY SEVEN
my explanation.
THIRTY EIGHT
THIRTY NINE
FOURTY
PART FOUR
CAST
FOURTY ONE
FORTY TWO
FOURTY THREE
AUTHORS NOTE

FOUR

8.7K 236 15
By -Banana-Bread

April, 1304

"Good morning," Kane mused as Lucinda woke up, blinking in confusion as she took in her surroundings for the first time since she'd gotten to the home. He appeared to be doing the dishes in the small kitchen corner, an ever growing pile on the counter next to the sink.

"Um, good morning," she muttered, grimacing as she stood up. Lucinda was surprised to discover that her back no longer went into a spasm each time she moved, though it was immensely itchy and dry.

"How does it feel?" Kane asked, gesturing to her wrists. Lucinda rubbed them uncomfortably, slouching her shoulders. She didn't know this man at all, but the way his sky blue eyes studied her as if she were a spell book, she couldn't help but feel nervous.

"It's a little bit itchy," she murmured honestly. "But it isn't anything that I cannot handle." Kane smiled faintly at her and set down the dirty dish in his sink, drying his hands off on a towel before holding a hand out to her.

"Alec told me you would say that," he chuckled. "I don't believe I have been properly introduced," he mused, smiling as Lucinda took a hesitant step forward. "I am Kane Floyde," he smiled. Lucinda felt a light blush rise to her cheeks and she cursed quietly. She was not shy, and she did not like to feel shy. But there was something about this stranger — this immensely attractive stranger — that made her like all the other flirtatious women back in Harpoon.

"Lucinda Emery," she spoke smoothly, holding her head high in an attempt to regain her collected composure. Kane shook her hand gently, and Lucinda was surprised to find how cold his finger tips were.

"I am glad that you are feeling better, Lucinda," Kane smiled, and she felt her heart flutter, ensuing quiet curses.

"How long will I be staying?" she asked coolly, clenching her jaw.

"As long as you feel is necessary," Kane shrugged, and Lucinda heard the weak cough he attempted to cover, though she pretended to have missed it.

"I will leave once I am healed then," she stated, frowning as she noticed that her clothes had been changed into a much more pleasant night gown then her usual peasant dress, which must have been burned as she had been.

"Duchess Matilda came two days ago to change them," Kane explained, noticing the red heads confusion.

"Two days ago?" she murmured. "How long have I been asleep?"

"Nearly a fortnight," Kane called. "There's more clothes in the chest over there," he told her, pointing at the small wooden chest at the foot if the bed. Lucinda stared at it, completely baffled. She had been healing nearly fourteen days. How had the villagers not found her yet?

"Have the towns people come for me at all?" She asked quietly, lifting the chests lid and pulling out a much simpler gown.

"Yes, but they seem to be too afraid of your pets to even come near here," Kane chuckled, setting down yet another plate. "Your tiger seems to care greatly for you."

"Zara is my familiar," Lucinda explained shortly. There was no point in hiding it, Kane appeared to know many things about her — courtesy of Alec and Charlotte — so she may as well answer his questions.

"And your other animals?" He asked curiously. Lucinda smiled faintly at the mention of her birds and wild cats.

"They were the animals that people threw into the forest because they thought they wouldn't live to see the next day. Rowena was once a messenger bird, Olenna I found as a fledgling that had fallen from her nest, and Andromeda was caught in a hunters snare. My cheetahs were a part of a failed animal show. They were all promised to the forest, but I suppose I gave them a second chance."

"I think it's a good thing you did," Kane smiled, and Lucinda cursed silently again as her heart fluttered. Kane was quite easily the most attractive person Lucinda had seen in ages, and her heart was a traitor to her mind. After her last child, she had sworn she would have no more, though this wasn't the same feeling she got when she was married off to someone by her adoptive parent.

"I think so too," Lucinda muttered as she pulled the night gown over her head, tossing it to the ground. She walked closer to the small mirror in the home, twisting and turning to get a good angle on how her back looked.

"Dear Lord!" Kane yelped when he turned and saw Lucinda practically naked, ensuing a faint chuckle from her chapped lips. "Would you please put some clothes on!"

She frowned, looking down at herself. "I have nothing to be ashamed of, Kane. So I suggest you grow comfortable with seeing it," she chuckled, ignoring the warm feeling that grew in her stomach. Kane was blushing wildly, apparently having never seen a woman like this before.

"Put your clothes on, Lucinda," Alec chuckled as he opened the door to Kane's home, shutting it behind him. "He might implode if you don't." Lucinda pouted mockingly as she pulled a green dress over her head, smirking faintly when she noticed the chest was extremely low cut.

"Why? My clothes are no different," she chuckled, smoothing out the front with her hands, grimacing as the fabric rubbed on the burns on her wrist.

"That isn't the point," Alec snorted. Lucinda rolled her eyes and she stepped forward, patting his shoulder.

"How is Charlotte?" She yawned, stretching out her arms before smirking over at Kane — who had yet to look at her — as she jumped up on the counter next to him.

"She's been better," he responded, an unknowing smile forming on his lips. "She's been throwing up quite bit, having not been able to get your potion, but Kane has been trying to help." Lucinda's brows rose in surprise. She had her suspicions about Kane being like her, seeing as how quickly he'd been able to help her burns, though she didn't like to make assumptions unless she knew enough.

"Are you like me, Mister Floyde?" She mused, chuckling when Kane finally turned to face her, though his eyes seemed to be looking everywhere in the room but her.

"Not exactly," he muttered, glancing over at Alec, who in turn nodded. "My mother was a witch, much like yourself, though marginally less confident." Lucinda laughed quietly, throwing her head back in a fit of laughter. "I have two older brothers, born with a specific skill set of magic," he explained, walking forwards. "They can control different elements. Leon can manipulate ice, whereas Dorian controls fire."

"That sounds interesting," Lucinda murmured, and Alec flicked her arm, earning a squinted glare from the red haired witch.

"I, however, was not born of magic; I was born human. That fact enraged my mother, and she experimented on me using her own magic, which resulted in me being gifted with herbs and plants," he explained, and realization dawned on her.

"So you use the herbal magic as medicine?" She asked, and Kane nodded, and Lucinda found soon found herself rubbing his back as he had a coughing fit.

"It works on everyone except myself," he smiled weakly, wiping a small splatter of blood from his chin as he straightened himself out.

"If it weren't for Kane, Charlotte would have never noticed me," Alec smiled.

"How so?" Lucinda questioned, glancing at Kane out of the corner of her bright blue eyes.

"He made a potion quite a few years ago, I'm not sure what he did, but just as he promised me, she came into the bakery one day with her father, and we locked eyes, and the rest you already know about," he chuckled.

Lucinda rolled her eyes. She knew all about Alec's relationship with Charlotte; much more than she'd like to.

Alec shot Lucinda a discrete pleading look once he was sure Kane wasn't looking, and she furrowed her brows in confusion.

What is it?  She mouthed to him. Alec tilted his head in Kane's direction, which cause Lucinda more confusion. I still do not understand, Alec.

Please help him, Alec mouthed back, glancing at Kane once again, who was attempting to rid his shirt of the blood splatters he'd coughed up.

I will do what I can, Lucinda mouthed with a sigh. Alec's shoulders visibly relaxed as he shot her a smile. Lucinda merely looked over at the sick boy with a faint smile.

"Well then, Mister Floyde," she mused, jumping off the counter. "It appears I have a life saving potion to make you; would you mind showing me your ingredient pantry?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 55K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...
2.2M 116K 64
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
1.6M 48.1K 80
π…πŽπ‘π„π•π„π‘ 𝐀𝐍𝐃 π€π‹π–π€π˜π’ | ❝ a hurricane in the form of a girl.❞ courtney swan has never been one to follow the rules, jasper hale always h...
404K 14.7K 37
γ€Œπ—¨π—‘π—¨π—¦π—¨π—”π—Ÿγ€β Wolves? So, what are the chances of there being Vampires?❞ β–ͺ︎ Synopsis β–ͺ︎ Juliet Michael and Embry Call had met each other during s...