Rift in Reality

By Trium_Deus

The unity of their two kingdoms brought them together... A war brings them closer... But lust, greed, love... More

Rift in Reality- Intro
Name Pronunciation Guide Pro.- Ch. 2
Chapter 2-Aequalitas
Chapter 3- Blood Moon

Chapter 1- Inseperable

110 6 14
By Trium_Deus

*Just so some aren't confused the concept of the book is there is something going on now (the fight) and then the tale is what happened that led up to this. Sorry if there was some confusion!!!*

Inseparable

It's a cold, snowy day, common for the season of Hiems. The area below is still and calm, yet has a cheery air.

"Daemonium, please settle down," a middle-aged man pleads tiredly. 

"But, were so close I can taste it," a little boy says excitedly. 

His hazel eyes glisten with joy, curiosity, and naivety and all the man can do is laugh at the child's enthusiasm. The adolescent mashes his face to the window of the Morning Star, a silver, spherical, flying vehicle used for long-distance travel. Light reflects off of the snow clad streets as they fly by.

            "Look Dad, look!" the little one shouts as he points out the window. "It's Genesi City!"

The city is full of tall metallic buildings, blanketed by snow. They fly over a dome-shaped metal stadium, the boy with his mouth open in awe.

After flying another good 10 miles, the vehicle settles down on a landing pad next to a giant golden palace, the pressurized air blowing snow all over the place as they land. As soon as the chauffeur opens the door, the little boy bursts out the thing in his thick, black coat and red wool hat and gloves. His fair cheeks are a bright red as they come into contact with the air. Running circles next to the vehicle, Daemonium starts screaming his head off, "The house is so big, Daddy! It's just like ours!" As the boy runs around in the sea of white, the middle-aged man comes out slowly, letting his body get accustomed to moving again. Too tired to physically stop Daemonium, he calls out to the boy.

"Daemonium!" he yells.

"Ye-" he responds, tripping on his shoe lace, falling flat on his face, getting a face full of the white stuff.

"Ow, ow, ow, ow, ow,” he repeats over and over holding his flush face.

"You can be so silly sometimes...," the older gentleman says with a sigh, strolling over to the boy.

"Sorry Daddy," the little one grumbles as he sits there, his jet black hair and his clothes covered with snow.

Once Daemonium is lifted up and brushed off, he and his father start off to the palace, hand in hand. Giant armor-clad guards open the bright, golden doors for them and the little guy gawks at the inside. 

There were works of art so close to perfection they looked like photographs. Vases that were so crisply made, you couldn't find a single flaw in them, lined the walls. There as even a fountain gushing out clear, sparkling water as the light shone on it, and the walls were lined in pure gold. The whole place gave of welcoming warmth, completing this near perfect hallway.

"AMAZING!" yells Daemonium, his words echoing down the vast and spacious place. Daemonium is practically being dragged as he's sucking up all he sees.

 They end up at a giant door guarded by two more powerful looking guards. Above the door is a giant painting of a powerful, professional looking man in a blue suit.

 The guards take one look at the father, open the doors, and there sits a man at a cluttered, wooden desk with the stature of a body builder. The room reeks with the smell of alcohol, especially around the sleeping giant, holding a pen in his sleep. Books are strewn all around the room and pages of paperwork are everywhere. The boy plugs his nose, trying to block out the scent.

"Ewww, it stinks!"

Daemonium’s father sighs once more and clears his throat.

            "Lux Aeternam!" he shouts.

"Lucerna!" Lux shouts out coming out of his sleep, looking as if he went through hell. His deep blue eyes are now also red and strained. Daemonium scoots back a little bit at the sight of him, tightening his grip on his father’s hand.

Daemonium's father begins to speak in a calm tone. "Lux it's me." 

Lux peers at him and wipes his eyes. "Oh it's you Tenebris!" he shouts out, his eyes brightening with enthusiasm at the sight of his friend, yet still looking weak. He jumps over his desk and runs over to Tenebris, gives him a tight hug and lifts him up in the air, the sound of Tenebris’ back cracking ringing throughout the room. Daemonium immediately lets go and backs off a tiny bit.

Maybe this is what Daddy meant about man business…

His clothes had varying stains on them; they were obviously extremely expensive though. He smells like he hadn't washed in a good week and his breath reeks so strong of booze, Tenebris debates if he should continue breathing. Lux's seven feet of pure muscle, makes Tenebris' skinny 5 feet and 10 inches look like nothing. Daemonium had never seen such a large man in his life.

"How are you doing buddy?" chimes Lux, grinning from ear to ear, not letting Tenebris go.

"I'm...doing..." 

Lux puts him down and Tenebris brushes himself off and gives a couple quick, little coughs. “I’m sorry I get caught up in the moment. I didn’t expect to see you for another couple of hours!”

Tenebris chuckles, “It’s quite alright. What has it been? Five years since I’ve seen you?”

            “Yes, yes, there’s so much-“Daemonium looks at the two of them with confusion and interrupts.

"Who is he Daddy? Who are you, Mister Giant Smelly Man?"

Tenebris looks back at the boy, and pulls him out in front of him. "I’m sorry buddy, you remember when Daddy said he was going to meet his old friend for “man business”? This is Daddy’s old friend."

Lux crouches down and puts his hand out his gorilla-sized mitts practically the size of forearm. Daemonium grabs onto Lux’s hand with all his little might. "Nice to meet you Mister, my name is Daemonium and I'm-" he starts counting with his fingers "4 years old!" he says proudly. Lux lets out a hardy laugh. "Strong grip you have there!” Lux looks up back at Tenebris’ face. He looks just like yah with those eyes, that hair, and of course your porcelain skin." Daemonium lets out a huge smile at the comment.

Lux stands back up letting out a couple grunt on the way.

"Now Lux, the business you were talking about?"

"Yes, yes one-second," Lux states, his face going hard as stone and his tone, cheery and warm, turns austere and frigid. He then looks back at Daemonium. "Hey Daemonium," Lux says, his face brightening while he talks to him.

"I have a son who's just about your age!"

"Can I meet him?"

"Not only that little guy, you'll probably be getting to play with him bunches!"

"Did you hear that Daddy? I’m going to make a friend!" Daemonium yells, bouncing around Lux.

Lux takes his right hand to Daemonium's back and takes him out of the room, leading him down another hall, much emptier than the other. Lux and Tenebris walking at least 20 meters, and Daemonium running, skipping, and hopping there, they finally end up at a normal sized door way. 

 "Here he is," Lux says while he opens the door. In there is a mid-sized child, by himself in the center of a pretty empty room, playing with two toy soldiers. The room is cold and the light is dim. The boy doesn't bother to look up, so Daemonium walks in, Lux ducking in, while Tenebris decides to wait outside for Lux.

"Hey Angelus," his father exclaims. The boy still doesn't look up, focused on his toys. Lux looks at the child with a slightly concerned look, and then he turns back to Daemonium with a gleaming smile.

"Hey Daemonium I'm gonna have to go now and talk with your Papa, but you stay here and have fun with Angelus, ok?"

"Yup, yup, I promise!"

Lux goes back out of the door and closes it, and on the way out the last thing you can hear on the outside is Tenebris saying, "What have you been doing with yourse-"

            Daemonium strolls over to Angelus. The gray room gives off an ominous calm as light barely comes through the window, making him uncomfortable, yet he ignores it. 

"Hey there Angelus," he says with a bright smile. Angelus continues with his toys, not daring to look up once, his body giving off an icy aura. "Your daddy's a really nice man. He brought me here to play." Still, no reaction comes out of the boy. "Um, so do you have a Mommy, too? My daddy says my Mom fell asleep forever, and she’s in a special place." Angelus stops dead in his tracks.

"I don't have a mother...," he says meekly and continues playing.

            Daemonium gets closer and sits next to him. "But it’s ok, because one day we'll see them and I'll meet your mommy and you'll meet mine." Angelus stops playing and sits up. His long, wild silver hair falls down to the back of his shoulders, his eyes the color of melting ice.

"Are you a prince also?" he asks.

"Yup, I'm the prince of the Mortale. I guessed you were one, too, because you have a big house like mine." Angelus gives him a cold stare and continues on.

"What is your name?"

"My name is Daemonium."

"Do you want to play, Daemon?"

"Yes, but my name is Daemonium."

"That's too long, so I will call you Daemon." The little boy gives a stare as cold as frozen tundra that sinks right into Daemonium’s soul.

"Ok, ok fine, Daemon it is."

As the boy reaches over to grab a soldier, the door opens.

"Come Daemonium," his father beckons. "Its time to go home."

"But, I was just about to play with..."

"No buts," he says giving him a stern look. "We will be coming back soon. For now, say good bye to Angelus."

Daemonium turns to Angelus and frown. Angelus also made one, which is the first emotion he’s shown all day. Daemonium gets up and starts off to his father. Once he got to the doorway he looks back once more and waves. Angelus waved back. Then, they leave...

v   

Stunned by the memory, Daemonium breaks through Angelus' defenses and sends his fist into Angelus’ titanium-covered abdomen, the metal denting inward. Angelus takes the shot, his eyes cold like the rain pouring on them. "If you thought that's all it would take to take on me..." He grabs Daemonium's face in his massive hand. "...you were sadly mistaken!" Angelus yells as he lifts him up and smashes the back of his head into the ground. Blood starts to run from the wound as his breath hitches and then stops. "Have peace in Concordia..."

As he starts to get up, Daemonium's eyes flick open and he busts out laughing.  "Oh that was funny! Looked like I was gone for good, right?" Daemonium body levitates of the ground, and he lands on his feet.

"But I...," Angelus starts to say in disbelief taking a step back.

"No, no your right you killed me. But, that never stopped me from coming back." Daemonium says, smirking at the triumph. 

"How low did you stoop...to attain power like this...?" As Angelus speaks he puts his right foot in front of himself and slightly bends his knees, readying himself for attack.

"To the depths of hell," he shouts. "And there's a lot more where that came from!" Daemonium laughs menacingly in the air as a black fire erupts around him, engulfing him. A giant wave of black energy bursts out of the hellfire, blowing trees in half and flinging bodies around. The rain sprays violently in Angelus' face as he stares in awe and pain at what his "brother" had become.

"You're not even a Mortale anymore...you're a monster..."

The fire dies down around Daemonium as a dark aura emits from his body, like smoke from a burning building. "You’re mistaken Angelus. I'm not a monster, nor Mortale, not even an Aeternus..." he says. 

"I'm a god!" 

Daemonium's eyes filled with scorn and pain, stare into Angelus' as the air surrounding them becomes darker. "And I will rid this universe of the only monster there is!”

Another gigantic burst of energy shoots out of Daemonium as he howls into the air.

I remember when I was your brother, not a monster...not a monster, Angelus thinks to himself, keeping a straight face in the face of the pure evil emanating in front of him. He lowers his stance even more preparing himself for an even more vicious attack.

I never thought... I never thought it would become this.

v   

As their fathers met more over the next couple of months, the more the two boys spent time together. Then, the plans were set for them to move to Genesi City, uniting the two kingdoms...

Daemonium stands over Angelus as he lies on a wooden bench outside the palace gates, taking a little rest as a warm breeze blows by. 

"Virnum is a beautiful season isn't it?" Angelus ponders as he admires petals of a cherry blossom blowing over them, carried by the calm wind.

"Hey Angelus, we’re gonna be friends forever, right?" He looks into Angelus' eyes.

"No."

"What?!"

Angelus' face stays the same as always. "We're like brothers so we'll be closer than friends," Angelus says with a small grin, a rare showing of any emotion.

"You scared me there for a second," Daemonium chimes lightly pushing Angelus, hard enough though where he falls off the bench.

Daemonium bursts out laughing as Angelus picks himself up. He strolls over to Daemonium very slowly. "Quite funny isn't it?" he spouts sarcastically.

Angelus goes behind the bench, where Daemonium stood. Daemonium backs up slowly, sensing the danger. "I wonder how funny this would be..." Angelus then launches his leg up the middle of Daemoniums, kicking so hard Daemonium leaves the ground for a quick second, only to fall in a heap of pain, moaning like a dying animal.

"You win," he grunts out. Angelus, contenpt with his work, lies back down. 

"I know," Angelus chuckles. “I know.”

Over the next three months Daemonium and his father move into a newly made palace south of the city. "The new capital of the world," Tenebris softly lets out with a relaxing sigh as his eyes glaze over the palace under the moon lit sky. He walks around the area, looking at what has been done. Daemonium runs up to him and tugs on the dark red, sleeping robes of the king.

"When will we go see Mr. Lux and Angelus again?" he asks tugging harder.

"You will very soon, little one. You will also go to the same school as him."

"School?" Daemonium asks looking puzzled.

"Ah yes, you've never even seen a school. School's where you go to learn new and exciting things, and meet new people."

"Can't we just get the servus to do it?"

"Daemonium, you are 6 years old now. You must socialize with other children."

"All I need is Angelus," the little boy says, looking content with what he has.

Tenebris lowers his level to the boys height and lifts up his head to him. "I don't know maybe there will be a friend you can make with Angelus. Or, little girl you will start to like," he says teasingly.

"Ew. Speaking of which, why do boys like girls, Daddy? What’s the difference between girls and boys? Do you pick to have a boy or girl?"

Tenebris chuckles at the boy's silliness. He roughs up the little boys hair and gives him a warm smile from his tired face, finding a way to learn how to explain this. "Um," Tenebris says, cheeks bright red. "You'll learn in school later..."

v   

Angelus starts to draw out a sword when Daemonium, in a split second, is in his face. "Boo," he says in a whisper as he slams Angelus into the air with a punch to the face. Angelus' body flies at least 20 yards before slamming into the ground repeatedly like a rag doll over another good 10. Daemonium walks up to him slowly. 

"Well, well, well what do we have here? The all mighty and powerful Angelus Aeternam quivering at the feet of a Mortale; I never could have imagined it." Angelus tries to pick himself up, getting to his hands and knees before Daemonium stomps on his back, bringing it down so hard a crater is formed, with Angelus in the middle. "I think I might have even surpassed Aequalitas," he mocks. Angelus coughs up some blood and chokes out some words. 

"Aequalitas...was ten times the man...you are." 

"Shut up!" yells Daemonium as he kicks him square in the jaw. As Angelus lies there, floating in and out of consciousness he thinks for a second. It has been ten years since he's died...

Ten years...

Continue Reading