Guns & Roses (EDITING)

By toffeecrunch

Nearing the clock, I positioned myself laying on my front, both hands on the rifle, eye on the telescope atta... More

Characters
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3: Part 1
Chapter 3: Part 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Author's Note
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24: Part 1
Chapter 24: Part 2
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Epilogue
NOTICE
Bonus Chapter

Chapter 29

14.2K 488 95
By toffeecrunch

Viktor

All of us were already geared up and were on our way back to Firenze's where Tatiana hopefully was. Everybody was so tensed and Dimitri's terrifying silence was not helping ease everyone's tension.

We were currently on the road, Boris on the wheel while Dimitri was on the passenger seat being awfully quiet. Knowing Dimitri for so long, I knew he was putting the blame all on himself. I understand where he was coming from, but he shouldn't shoulder all the weight, all of us had our shortcomings.

The twins were typing furiously on their laptop trying to reach Tatiana and locate her exact coordinates. I was busy looking outside, the trees passing by in a blur as I heard a grunt.

I turned my head so fast it could've given me a whiplash.

"What?" Andrei asked noticing my sudden alarm.

"Nothing.. I thought I heard someth-"

Hello?

My eyes widened in realization as I sat up straighter gripping my hand rest.

"Shit! Tatiana can you hear me?!" I yelled as the van suddenly halted.  I felt everyone's eyes on me as I adjusted the volume of the earpiece I was still unconsciously wearing. My forgetfulness finally did something good.

Viktor? Came Tatiana's timid reply.

"Thank God. We're coming for you, just hold on for a bit" I said.

I was waiting for her response but none came. We all assumed the blockers were turned on again.

"Got it" Andrei said from his seat.

"Step on it" Dimitri said from the front.

"Where is she?" I asked as Boris continued driving.

"She's roughly three floors below the first ground. That much I'm sure of" Andrei answered.

"What's the plan boss?" Anton asked.

Dimitri looked from the rear view mirror. "Kill them all. Don't leave any survivors" he said grinding every word in fury.

Everyone nodded their heads in response while I noticed the young bartender's eyes wide as saucers. He was fidgeting and shaking like a damn chihuahua. Welcome to the mafia kid.

Soon enough, the car parked just a few meters before the big metal gates. Boris shut down the car and everybody got off.

"You guys know the plan" Dimitri said authoritatively.

Every one of us just nodded our heads in agreement while we started walking on foot. Nearing the guard house situated on the left side of the gates, we swiftly hid behind the trees as the twins worked their magic on their laptops as the electricity went down. I noticed the cctv cameras go down and the emergency lights turn on. Taking that as the cue, Boris got his tranquilizer gun out and shot the old security guard.

We continued our way up the slope with Dimitri leading the group. Everyone was very alert but it seems like nobody from the enemies has caught on to us yet.

Nearing the door, chatting was heard. I bet those were Arturo's men talking around, and from the sounds of it, they were already intoxicated judging by the increasing loudness and nonsense they were spewing.

"Frateee...l'alcol qui è così buono" a man said.
Brother... the alcohol here is so good.

"Ay Marco!! Dios mio, si è bevuto!" Another man said. Ay Marco! My god, you are drunk!

Some watch-guards they have. This will be a piece of cake.

You can hear tumbling around and a man cursing at what we guess is the other more drunk guy.

Boris signaled us using his hands as we set foot inside the building. The place filled with mild chatter from the men having their fun.

Taking my cue, I went forward as silent as possible, aiming for one of the men situated near the door. Choking him using my right arm, I tightened as hard as possible as grunts and pants were heard. He was trying to grip onto my arm but he eventually let go as his head fell. I released my hold and quietly laid down the unconscious man.

I noticed Anton do the same to the others on patrol. Peeking from the side, at least thirty men where cheerfully clanking their beer bottles and chatting like there's no tomorrow. Huh. This seems so fishy.

We were practically unnoticed but alas, things don't always go our way. Because the stupid bartender whom I still don't know the name of- accidentally tripped on a bottle causing a grand entrance.

"Shit"

Everyone from the room turned their heads to us as it took literally a few seconds for their drunk brains to register that we were not one of them and that they were practically infiltrated by the enemy.

"Fuck it. Let's get this over with" I said in exasperation as I took out my knife and charged for them.

And just like that, guns were shooting off from different angles. The glass of the ballroom was shattered everywhere as our men made their own dramatic entrance. They let out some gas bombs which filled the room with smoke causing the others to fall down.

I knew this was just a decoy, level one of the game Arturo's playing on us. Because as fast as the first batch of men fell, twice the number came. A few familiar faces seen in the crowd.

"Perché, ciao, vecchio amico"
Why, Hello there old friend

Turning around, I grinned at the man my knives was well acquainted with.

"Pedro" I smirked. "My babies sure missed your face" I taunted.

His tough facade faltered a little at my words. The man with dark hair and green eyes with a scar that went down from his brow to his cheek was Pedro Mortelli, Arturo Mortelli's maternal cousin whom was born into the Mafia world. He was a fierce fighter, especially at knives, and I can say our duels were never boring.

"Ha! That humor of yours never fail to amaze me. Let's see whose face ends up with a scar tonight" he said.

And with that, like the old fool he was, he charged first, attacking with fool force. I swiftly dodged his attacks as he did with mine. The clanking of knives were the only noice I was focusing on. He was on attack mode, and I made sure my defenses were strong enough until he tires out.

He was right handed and always attacked with his right foot forward first. I turned my knife backwards I lunged towards his weak spot, his left side, but then I noticed the stupid kid almost getting killed. Deciding to throw my knife at his attacker, Pedro in return chose the opportunity to let his knife graze through my defenseless side.

Backing a way as fast as I can, I grasped my wounded arm as the familiar pain of a knife's cut filled my senses. Blood was already staining my Versace button down and I frowned at the stain and then the man in front of me.

"This is expensive!" I yelled.

He stared at me for a couple of seconds registering the words I said.

"Oh for god's sake. I'll buy you a new one, better wear it for your funeral" he laughed.

"The only funeral I'm attending is your cousin's and yours" I smirked.

"We'll see about that" he said as he threw a knife at my direction.

Someone shouted from behind as he suddenly lunged towards me with only millimeters apart from my throat. Both our hands were trembling with so much force of blocking each one's knives that beads of sweat were already on my forehead.

The fight was going nowhere. We had to save Tatiana as soon as possible.

"Mi Amico, as much as I enjoy our little fights, I have a damsel to save" I said in his face as I grabbed hold of my ever faithful combat knife from my back pocket.

Using the trick Tatiana has often done, I quickly hooked my right foot onto his, bringing him down on the floor with a thud. I brought out my spare dagger and rotated it with skillful hands as I plunged it into his leg. Pedro shouted in pain while I quickly backed off.

I was about to go to the direction of the staff's quarters when a hand grasped my ankle bringing me down on the marbled floor.

"Oh for fuck's sake"

Before I could even get through my knife, a punch already landed on my face.

I efficiently blocked his next punch as I stood quickly and positioned myself in a fighting stance.

"Can't beat me at knives huh?" I asked.

"I'd rather fight like a true man" Pedro said standing up and taking the knife out with a sharp intake of breath.

He limped but he was still determined to fight.

He threw punch after punch but I dodge every single one with such ease I actually thought my movements could pass off as 'graceful'. I chuckled at the thought.

Pedro was already grunting in pain. "What's so funny?" He asked seething.

"Nothing" I said smirking.

"You know Pedro, I'm really in such a rush, I know you miss me but we can reschedule this right?" I asked.

He looked at me with disbelieving eyes.

"Well, I'll take that as a yes" I said as I faked a punch towards his right and just as he dodged it, I threw a hard uppercut aiming straight for his jaw.

He fell backwards with a thud yet again as he was knocked out cold.

"Aw shit. That fucking hurts like a bitch" I said as I stretched and wriggled my hand. At least I looked like a badass throwing that punch.

The ball was still in chaos as most of our men were head to head with the enemies. I spotted the door to the staff quarters and made my way towards it.

Pulling out my gun, I quickly shot every man who stood in my way without a care. And once I reached the door, I entered the room only to see it looking so normal. I scanned the place with my gun ready to shoot. With every step I took, I grew more suspicious to the uncharacteristically normal way the room looked. I surveyed the area for anything out of order until I a large painting of a beautiful woman caught my attention.

I put my gun down and headed closer to the painting. She felt so familiar but I couldn't pinpoint who. She was so beautiful. She had long wavy hair that cascaded beautifully down her dress. But what caught my attention more was how piercing and hypnotizing her eyes were. As if it was pulling me closer, I neared the canvass more until I noticed it had a gap in between the frame and the wall.

Holding the painting, it revealed to be a door that lead to a dark and grimy passage.

I carefully entered the hallway, holding on the wall to guide myself in the dark until I found myself on a narrow stairway that looked like I was in some castle dungeon.

It was cold and the air in here was quite musky. I almost slipped on a slippery step filled with algae and that by far gave me a mini heart attack. I hate that feeling.

As I neared the third floor basement, I hear shouting and grunts. I quickened my phase and I was met with a large wooden door with big metal bolts.

I can hear Dimitri and Arturo shouting at each other but I couldn't make sense of their conversation. Dimitri's tone was enough to spike my worry ten times more.

I tried kicking and banging my body on the door but it wouldn't budge. I inspected the lock on the door, checking if it was possible to pick but it seems my efforts would be useless if I tried that plan. I checked my gun for bullets and satisfied to find enough. I hoped it was enough to take down this door and get to the other side.

Aiming my gun at the lock, I positioned myself the safest way I can so that the chances of the bullet ricocheting and hitting me was slim. I don't want to die by my own bullets.

Shot after shot, the lock started loosening. I ran out of bullets and tried my hardest, putting all my weight as I tried knocking down the door.

The pain from my right arm was increasing but I had to get to the both of them. Banging my body one more time, the damn door finally opened as I steadied myself only for my steps to falter as a gun sounded off.

***
Author's Note!

Bonjour! Ciao! Ola!

Always wanted to have a chapter in Viktor's pov. And well, here we are!

Cliffhangers? I hate reading them but then I love making them. 😅

Vote! Comment! Share!

Love,
Toffeecrunch ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

105K 2.2K 53
Kirill's past would come back full force and as his new bride, Mia is about to stumble upon his dark world and the immense pull it has on her. Kirill...
49.7K 1K 43
"Everything of you is a non-existing dangerous drug, Natalia. And I'm addicted to it." He whispered in my ear. He brushed his nose on my neck and th...
238K 5.7K 79
53 Chapters. (Completed) I pushed her back and she landed on the bed with a slight bounce. She swallowed hard and her right hand shot up to her stoma...