The Alphas Unknown Daughter |...

By W0nd3rful-Dr3ams

COMPLETED Two teenagers, a party and the unmistakeable mate pull, but what happens when it follows with a st... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty (Completed)

Chapter Ten

1.3M 38K 5.5K
By W0nd3rful-Dr3ams

| Four years later – Lara's POV |

Kennedy and I had travelled across America back to my home territory in California to visit my family and friends from the Blood Walker's Pack. We had arrived over 12 days ago and was due to leave tomorrow.

Grace and Julian had taken us in, and I was finally able to meet my new-born nephew Riley. He was gorgeous and looked just like Dylan but had Sophia's bright blue eyes.

He was such a calm and quiet baby, he laid so peacefully within your arms and reminded me so much of Kennedy when she was his age.

I felt the happiest when I was with my family here, I had missed them terribly while in Texas.

Although, I had made many friends and memories in Texas, I wanted to come home. So much had happened while there over the past month, it had made me realise that we needed another new start.

While studying at college, I had met Nathan, he was two years older than me and lived only a few doors down the hallway of the pack house. At first, he was charming and sweet but the last month or so, he had showed me a side of him that made me uncomfortable, he was showing unsettling behaviours.

It only added to why I wanted to come visit my family earlier than what was planned. I needed some time to myself, to get away from the events that happened at home, to distract myself from unwanted memories.

"Lara," Dylan said, his voice removing me from my absence thinking.

"Yeah?" I replied, still rocking Riley in my arms as Kennedy sat down in front of the television her eyes never swaying from her favourite Disney movie.

"What are you thinking so hard about?" Dylan questioned as he sat down next to me. I shook my head in reply and pursed my lips together. "Oh, nothing. Just thinking about the journey home tomorrow that's all."

He stared at me for a few moments, looking to see if I was telling the truth. I laughed at him; he had always been so protective of me. "I'm fine." I said with a smile, wanting to calm his wolf who was clearing analysing my facial expressions.

He accepted my answer by nodding, changing the subject to speak about my potential move back to the Blood Walker's territory. Reed had already prepared the papers for me, all I needed to do was fill it out and hand it to my Alpha back in Austin.

Alphas had to keep detailed lists and paperwork of every pack member within their territory and under their protection. There was a lot of work when it came to being an Alpha, you had many businesses and companies to run.

It was the only way for a pack to survive, the Alpha is responsible for looking after not only the land, but the wolves he or she is designed to protect.

I was excited to move back, but nervous of potentially seeing Gabriel, the closer I was to him, the more fidgety and apprehensive I felt.

The first year of Kennedy being born was the hardest, I struggled immensely with the pain of not having Gabriel in our lives and although it took a while, I began to come to terms that he would never be a part of our lives.

I thought about Gabriel occasionally, not as much as I did before. I moved on, like I'm sure he had.

I feel content with my life now apart from the everyday struggles that you face being a single parent.

I worked hard for my money, and I always strived for a better life for my daughter. I worked part-time as a training warrior for the newly shifted wolves back in Nightshade Valley territory.

I had nearly finished college with only a few assignments to go which meant I could move within the next month or so. My friend Taylor lived next door to me, she would often share my room, hanging out with Kennedy and me.

I had met her the first day I had arrived, she was born into the Nightshade Valley Pack and recently moved into the pack house which is where she showed me around, showing me my room, which sat beside hers.

She had been my rock when I first moved there, she helped look after Kennedy for me while I was working and would keep me company when I couldn't go out to do the normal things that teenagers would do.

"What time are you leaving tomorrow, did you want me to drive you to the airport?" Dylan asked.

"Our flight is due to board around 1 o'clock. I wanted to take Kennedy to the café that my mom used to take me before we leave though." I had wanted to take Kennedy there for ages but never got around to it. "If you could drive us to the airport once I get back, that would be great."

"Sure, I'll meet you here tomorrow morning."

I smiled in reply, and we continued to talk for hours waiting for Grace and Julian to arrive home. We sat around the living room with a takeaway, laughing and joking like old times.

~*~

"Come on Kenny, say goodbye to Grandma and Grandpa." I told my daughter as I began to pack her belongings in her bag. She whined loudly; her mouth closed as she made a defiant noise.

"But momma, I don't want to go yet." She pouted, her little face scrunching up with a sad expression.

I turned, leaning down beside her, my hand stroking her cheek. "I promise we will be back soon, okay?"

I passed her favourite stuffed toy to her, her fingers gripping onto it tightly, pulling it to her chest. She stood there watching on as I pulled my suitcase from the bed along with her bag.

"Come on." I repeated, my tone light as she nodded, running out the bedroom and down the stairs as fast as her little legs could carry her.

"Slow down, be careful!" I called behind her, worried that she might trip and hurt herself. I dragged my suitcase down the stairs, watching on to see Grace holding onto Kennedy tightly. Hugging her close.

Kennedy was all smiles, excitedly telling them that she would see them both soon. Grace and Julian were both needed for a pack meeting which meant we wouldn't see them after we got back from the café.

"I miss you both so much already." Grace laughed, tickling Kennedy who tried to run away from her hold, her screaking echoing through the hallway making everyone laugh.

"We'll be back soon." I said, wishing them both a goodbye before Julian helped lift our belongings into the car. Dylan was going to meet us here later to drive us to the airport, I thought it would be easier to place our possessions in the car ready for this afternoon.

Julian then picked up Kennedy, placing her on his hips as he walked her to the car. Placing her down into her car seat, securing her tightly with the seat belt. He gave her a quick kiss on her head before hugging me goodbye.

We both waved to Grace and Julian as we drove down the driveway, heading in the direction of the café that my mom used to take me when I was younger.

It was just out of our territory; it was unclaimed land with no packs acquiring it as their own.

It was a safe area for both neighbouring packs to roam free as patrols survey the town that the café occupied. The likelihood of seeing Gabriel there was next to nothing, and I wasn't concerned with the fact there was a slight possibility of seeing him since his pack never attended the town.

We were starving hungry when I spotted the café. Parking up, I jumped out of the car and walked around the other side to open the door for Kennedy, helping her out of her car seat.

She had fallen asleep on the short journey here, her hands reaching up to rub her eyes.

"It's so hot mommy." She complained as her little white dress flowed in the hot Californian heat. I kneeled, my hands styling her long brunette hair into a cute bun on top of her head, keeping it away from her face.

"I know baby, it will be much cooler once were inside." I replied, my hand finding hers as we walked towards the entrance and joined the short queue.

"Do you fancy a sandwich?" I asked as I looked over the children's menu. She nodded frantically making me smile at her goofiness. I ordered both our food along with a juice for Kennedy.

Once paid, we moved to the side and Kennedy rushed over to a vacant booth. She couldn't stop talking about her favourite Disney characters and all the new things she was learning in Kindergarten.

I listened contently, taking in every word she said and asking her questions as she babbled on.

We had only been in the café for around 10 minutes, when the entrance door opened, the sound of the bell ringing capturing everyone's attention. Intrigued, I looked over to see a few guys walk in, their muscled backs facing me.

I felt anxious for a moment, realising that they were werewolves and not from my pack. My wolf could sense that they were high ranked wolves and that they were from Gabriel's pack.

I pushed any worry that I felt down, Gabriel wasn't accompanying them, and I could only assume that they had just entered the café to grab some food.

I faced Kennedy again, my attention fully back on her, ignoring the presence of the Blood Moon wolves in the Café among us.

It was then, that his scent suddenly appeared, invading my personal space, making my heart palpitate painfully within my chest, indicating exactly who was in the café with me.

Gabriel.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

450K 13K 56
Every pack needs its Alpha and Luna to feel complete, but what if one stubborn Alpha decides he doesn't need a Luna? He is determined never to go out...
235K 5.4K 17
Sandra is what is considered to be the pack's slut but she's only ever loved, Mason, the Alpha of the Midnight Pack in Olympia. Soon, the Alpha finds...
66.3K 400 8
this is a werewolf swapped at birth story. imagine a baby dies at birth and its the alphas baby. a nurse freaks out and doesn't know what to do so sh...
274K 11K 56
(Completed) Brigette does not want a mate, and her plan of abandoning their supernatural world is threatened once she discovers she is mated to an Al...