dance - dahmo

By srendipity

dahyun is not good at dancing and needs help from momo, who is the best dancer she's ever seen. twice fanfic... More

prologue
one
two
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
not an update but !!!

three

2.8K 132 198
By srendipity

the next hour is the most tiring hour of my life. we run that dance more times than i could even count, it felt like at least a million. we take small breaks but they're never enough for me to really catch my breath. momo seems to have so much energy, she probably just took the breaks for me to relax; she didn't even need it.

she seemed to care that i was okay though, which was comforting. it was really really comforting, actually. like it made me feel like i could keep dancing forever, even though my body was begging me to stop. she always made sure i was understanding the choreography, that i was comfortable with the moves, and that i was able to breathe and not overwork myself. it was really different for me. i've never had anybody in my life care about me to that extent; to constantly check up on me. i didn't want it to end.

but, my body really wanted to stop so we ran through the dance one last time before collapsing on the floor. i was breathing heavily and fell back onto the floor, just laying there. i close my eyes for a moment, trying to process that this was actually real. i'm actually here with momo. dancing. and we're having a good time together. i never imagined this fantasy of mine actually coming true. momo and i were not very similar aside from dancing. she has a lot of friends and is very popular. she has both boys and girls groveling at her feet, desperate for her attention. i tried to never be that obvious about my little crush on her.

but, i, however, had only two friends, sana and jeongyeon. we've been friends for so long i didn't think i need any other friends. the only other person i really desired in my life was momo.

i'm still laying on the ground panting heavily. i hear momo breathing too, but she has much more steady breaths. i slowly open my eyes and look up at the ceiling. i'm still trying to take it all in...

i'm startled to see momo's face appear above me. she got up and crawled over to me and now her face is right above mine.

"dahyun are you okay?" she asks. she clearly heard my loud breathing. i swallow and nod.

"good... i just wanted to be sure we didn't work too hard or anything and that you've gotten the dance and all," she stutters out. she looked worried about me.

"i'm great actually," i whisper. "thank you,"

"you're welcome," she smiles. "you did the dance really beautifully, you know," she says... blushing?

i blush hard and thank her. her head is still over mine. and it feels really close like i could just lean up and... but i can't.

"well we should probably get going," she states standing up. i lost my chance i guess. i stand up too, starting to feel the soreness from dancing for an hour straight. i slowly get up, trying to not hurt myself.

"do you want to change first?" momo asks. "i'm not going to since i'm so sweaty in these clothes i'll just shower once i get home," she starts putting her dance shoes in her bag and pulling out her sneakers.

"i'll do the same, so i don't need to change either," i say getting my things together. i watch momo finish up tying her shoes and can't help but notice how long and beautiful her fingers are. and her hands... they just look so soft and i just want to hold them. oh god, i'm so fucking gay.

"okay, ready?" she says hopping up, swinging her car keys around. i nod and follow her out the door after yelling a goodbye to ms. park.

we arrive at momo's car, which is a small red car that for some reason seems perfect for her. i get into the passenger side and notice a plush peach dangling from her rear view mirror. i giggle to myself since it's a small thing but its so cute and makes me love her even more. she gets into the car and notices my smile.

"what?" she says, smiling too.

"the peach... it's just.. really cute" i say.

"oh," she giggles. "my dad got that for me a long time ago. momo in japanese means peach, so he thought it was fitting. i just have it in here to remind me of him," i stare at her for a bit as she starts the car up. i literally could just listen to her talk forever.

"that makes it even cuter," i say. "i love it,"

"thanks," she grins. she pulls out of the parking lot and gets on the road to my house.

the ride is a short one since i live near our school, but we talk and it feels really natural. like we've been friends forever. i learn that momo loves animals and has both a dog and a cat, she used to play softball but quit to pursue dance more, and that she hasn't been to her hometown in japan since she was little and desperately wants to go back even for a day. it felt really nice to finally talk to momo and get to know her more. she exceeded the expectations i had and was even more perfect that i could have imagined! it ended too soon though as she pulls into my driveway and parks the car.

"i had a really great time, dahyun!" she says.

"me too. thank you for all your help," i smile.

"no problem, same thing tomorrow? i can drive you home again,"

"yep, sounds perfect," i get out of the car.

"bye dahyun!"

"bye momo, have a good evening!" i say closing the door and walking to the front door of my house.

i enter and let out a breath i didn't know i was holding. i throw my bag onto the couch and flop down next to it. i was a mess. not only because i was still sweaty and gross, but also because i spent over and hour with my crush. ALONE!

i pull my phone out of my bag to see that sana and jeongyeon were practically blowing up our groupchat. i groan but open my phone anyways.

(in the groupchat)

minatozakisanaa: JEONGYEON

jeongyeon_: what im tryin to study

minatozakisanaa: GUESS WHERE DAHYUN IS RN AHDHCHHC

jeongyeon_: idk

minatozakisanaa: SHE

minatozakisanaa: IS WITH

minatozakisanaa: THE HIRAI MOMO

minatozakisanaa: LIKE THE INE SHE FUCKIJG LOVES BICHT

jeongyeon_: HOLY SHIT

jeongyeon_: ARE U SERIOUS

minatozakisanaa: YES!!! SHES HELPING HER WITH OUR NEW DANCE! OUR TEACHER SHIPS IT THIS WAS HER IDEA SHDHFHDJS

jeongyeon_: BSHDHCH OMG DAHYUN WHEN UR DONETELL US ALL ABT IT BITCH

kimdubu: hey

minatozakisanaa: DAHYEUFHCHNFNSKSKS

jeongyeon_: IS MOMO UR WIFE YET

kimdubu: SHUT UP

minatozakisanaa: HOW WAS IT

kimdubu: i'll tELL YOU IF YOU RELAX

minatozakisanaa: im so relaxed !

jeongyeon_: dahyun pls tell us

kimdubu: well we obvi danced and it was tiring as hell but fun bc shes gorgeous and perfect and i got to see Thatand then she drove me home and we talked during the ride and it was really nice like i love her so much more than i already did guys shes such a wonderful person oh my god im a lesbian

minatozakisanaa: BITCH RHATS A MOOD SHDHHDHS

jeongyeon_: DSHE DROVEYOY HOME WIEIJFJF TAHTS A DATE

kimdubu: IT WASNT A DATE!!!!!!! it was a school assignment! and she probs doesnt like me like that

minatozakisanaa: :( u never kno!! she could be super gay

kimdubu: i hope :(

jeongyeon_: did u make her take the long way to ur house so u could talk to her more

kimdubu: maybe

jeongyeon_: UR SO WHIPPED FOR HER GOD I HOPE SHES GAY TOO SO THIS ACTUALLY HAPPENS

minatozakisanaa: sAME

kimdubu: uh yeah me too bc if not then i'll feel like an idiot

jeongyeon_: *prays to gay gods*

kimdubu: BDBXBXB stoP

jeongyeon_: ok i really have to study ill tty later guys ily

minatozakisanaa: same my mom will murder me if i dont start soon oof bye ilu

kimdubu: byee 💞

(end of groupchat)

i close my phone and get up from the couch. i walk into the kitchen to see if my dad is home yet and sure enough he isn't. i see a note on the fridge that says

"hey dahyun, i'll be home late all week again. love you! here's some money for you to order food with or to buy stuff to make dinner."

i let out a sigh. of course he's not here. i feel so alone in this house. i only have our pet fish to keep me company but he clearly isn't much for conversation. my mom passed away four years ago and since then my dad has made work his entire life so he didn't have to think about her. but then that left me to only be able to think about the fact that i basically don't have any family. some days are worse than others, though.

i go upstairs to my bathroom and start the showers. i finally take off my sweaty dance clothes and step into the warm water. i stand there for a second trying to remember every moment i spent with momo today. she made me feel like everything was okay. i really really am falling hard for hirai momo

a/n: sorry that updates take a while, i dont really have time usually and i also need inspiration to write. i really do appreciate all of u that are enjoying the story though! thank u for reading :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

141K 4.9K 30
Their life off camera is far from being as perfect as it is on camera. They all have their struggles, their feelings, and more importantly, their sec...
58.9K 2.1K 27
"Who am I? Is this the world that I used to live in? Why all thing doesn't feel right?" This is fanfic about Mina that has lost her memories because...
1.8K 65 10
Dahyun's seemingly embarrassing run in with a stranger (Sana) leads to a beautifully blossoming friendship, or more? College AU
122K 2.9K 52
"I hate you then I love you. It's like I want to throw you off a cliff, and then rush to the bottom to catch you" Y/N is a young, introverted, tsunde...