Caught

By prantikawrites

Highest Rank - #68 SF *BOOK TWO OF THE OPERATION EVOLUTIANS TRILOGY* Two Years Can Change Everything. After b... More

CAUGHT
PLAYLIST
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Epilogue
AUTHOR'S NOTE
OTHER WORKS

Chapter Thirty-Two

311 37 29
By prantikawrites

"Wha - what are you doing here?" I asked dad. He wore his winter jacket unzipped and didn't take it off yet. His cheeks were rosy-red from the cold, snow dusted his brown hair. His blue eyes glinted from the artificial light.

"Look, I know you're mad but-" Dad started but I cut him off.

"I'm not mad." I got up from the couch, walking towards him. I'm not mad, right? He did nothing. Mom did. "I'm just... confused."

Dad bit his lip, tucking his hands in his pockets. "I'm still sorry... for everything sweetie." His voice started trailing off. "I should have stopped her," He said in barely a whisper. Dad wasn't meeting my eyes, even if I tried too. I could tell he felt really bad. He wanted to make everything better.

"Are you here to take me back?" I asked. You could hear the sadness in my voice as I gulped down tears. It was fun while it lasted, I thought. Being free, acting like a normal teen was fun. 

Yet, at the back of my mind, I was stirring up a plan to take Dad down if he happens to take me back. I'm not going back that easily, I thought I made it clear.

"No, of course not," He replied just as I was about to strike. He jumped back in surprise and Spencer grabbed my hand before I got a chance to create a ball of electricity in my palms. He didn't say another word until I got my head around what he said.

He wasn't going to take me back? Then why...?

"We're going... we're going to the palace," Dad said, though there was... he struggled to say that sentence. "Or, at least you, Lauren." He looked up at Spencer. "She doesn't...?"

"Not the entire thing, at least," Spence responded. "She figured most of it herself, I'm pretty sure."

His arm was draped around my shoulders, but not for long as I shrugged it away. "By "her" do you mean me, because I'm right here, if you couldn't see. Also, why dad? Why now and why drag me there, too. I'm tired." Then I added: "Is this Institute work?"

Dad looked down to the floor, his lips quivering. I could see tears stuck in the corner of his eyes as he tried to hold them back.

"I'm not going back to the Institute, Lauren."

-- : --

Dad and King Jacin were upstairs, talking for half an hour now. It came to a shock for everyone, especially the king when Dad walked into the front door of the palace telling the king that they needed to talk. Now. He didn't even question any further, following Dad upstairs.

Aidan, Tyson and Jessica were ready to strike the moment they laid eyes on Dad. I knew they knew that he didn't do anything bad, but they refused to take their eyes off him. He was still linked to the Institute as far as they were concerned. I sent them a silent message, telling them that he was fine... for now.

"When do you think they'll come down?" Aidan asked, tracing his finger on the plate. "The smell is making me hungry."

Laying in front of us was a rainbow of dishes, from rare meats to pasta. All smelled irresistibly good, making our mouths water at the sight. However, none of us were allowed to touch the food yet, not until everyone was present for dinner. Hayden was beginning to whine, hunger filling his stomach.

"Bro, you know those aren't good table manners, right?" Tyson told him, walking around the table. He was curious on what was happening upstairs, just like probably everyone in the room. His pacing around the huge dining room gave a hint that he was anxious.

The dining room itself was a work of art. The walls were painted a royal blue and gold and there was a chandelier was hanging from the ceiling. A single, mahogany table sat in the middle of the room, surrounded by matching chairs. The table was designed to fit at least twenty people.

"Why was I even dragged here when I wasn't needed?" I muttered under my breath. We were just waiting here, wondering what was happening upstairs. I was kind of considering listening into their conversation, but resisted. I wasn't that bad of a person, right?

But there was something else on my mind that didn't have anything to do with Dad's return. It didn't even have to do with the brother who I was mad at just a day ago, who was currently suffering from a bad cold at home. No, there was someone else on my mind: Cole.

He looked awfully familiar, yet I couldn't recall seeing someone with the same jet-black hair and hazel eyes. But I was sure I saw someone like him before - even after the Institute messed me up. I couldn't put my tongue on it, though.

It was bothering me, big time.

I heard the sound of Alyssa's bracelet rustle as she moved her arm. Mutters were coming from her, Taylor and Jessica though I didn't bother to listen in. It wasn't that interesting, at least, I didn't think so.

It was when I heard Taylor speak my name that I looked at the group of girls.

"We're going to my room for the time being, Lauren. Come with us," She spoke. I shook my head, not wanting to get out of my seat now, not when dinner is close. "Well, too bad, you're coming."

Jessica was the one who grabbed me by the arm, dragging me out of the dining room and up the stairs. When I asked what the king would say about us going upstairs, Taylor replied saying that they were probably in King Jacin's study, which was a sound proof room.

Huh, probably why I couldn't get through to their conversation the first time, I thought.

Taylor unlocked the door to her room, pulling the gold key from her skirt pocket and sliding it into the gold lock on the doorknob. I really shouldn't be surprised by all the beautiful rooms in the place but her room was equally beautiful. Painted a royal purple and gold, all neat and tidy - not a dust in sight. A four-poster, king-sized bed was placed in the center of the room, the pillows placed neatly at head of the bed. A desk and dresser was there, as well as a mirror covering the entire width of a wall.

"Wow," I breathed, then turned sharply to the girls standing next to me. "What am I doing here again?"

"Something's on your mind," Alyssa said simply. She plopped down onto a couch next to the bed.

"And..." I turned around to face Taylor. "we know it has to do with boys."

I slowly started backing away from the girls. I couldn't figure out my feelings alone... I didn't need my... friends butting in. "I'm fine, really. We're all just friends. Nothing more. Nothing less. Nothing, nothing at all."

But Jessica slammed the door shut behind me before I could leave, standing in between me and the exit. I mean, I could've just pinned her on the ground but we really didn't need blood staining the black rug.

"Lauren, just sit," My cousin said. "We're all friends here, you can talk to us."

I crossed my arms. "You know, Jess, you never really striked to me as being one with advice about boys."

"Oh, I'm really not into this type of thing, Taylor and Alyssa dragged me into this," She stated, a smile on her face. "I'd rather do something much interesting."

I looked at her, then at Taylor, then at Alyssa, then back at Jessica. It didn't look like I was going to get out of this soon - at least without talking. I really just wanted them out of my personal life... maybe I could figure this out on my own.

But what do I know about feelings or boys?

"Well... uh..." Were these people really my friends? Do they really care about me? Can I trust them? I took a seat on the edge of the bed, where Taylor and Jessica joined me. "I might be falling for a guy."

This statement took no one by surprise. There was even a look on Alyssa's face saying I-told-you-so to one of the girls.

"Or two."

Eyes widened. Did they really think I had feelings for one of them?

I drew in a deep breath, thinking about Cole again. The time we spent together was... interesting. He was a good guy, I think.

I don't like him. I couldn't possibly.

"Maybe three," I admitted.

Alyssa got up from the couch and walked towards me. "Girl, you haven't even started high school, yet your love life is a mess."

-- : --

ehh... could probably do better but wanted to get this update out since i didn't update last week. i'll be back tomorrow.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.2K 1.1K 37
☆A WATTPAD FEATURED STORY - October 2017☆ ★Highest ranking in adventure: #81 ★Winner of the 2017 Sparkling awards! Action/Adventure 1st place! ★Winne...
211 50 24
Aurora Bailey has had a hard life, and the horizon is only looking harder. She's finally had enough of her abusive partner and decides to leave him...
2.5M 116K 48
⚠️ WARNING ⚠️ THIS IS A REVERSE HAREM BOOK! IF YOU'RE NOT INTO AN MC WITH MULTIPLE PARTNERS, DO NOT READ! BOOK TWO OUT NOW!!! Highest Rankings: #1 i...
11.7K 305 27
#1 in NaNo2018 (11/13/2018) #3 in Novel (12/04/2018) #14 in NaNoWriMo (11/24/2018) #22 in Divergent (11/15/2018) It's hard being a teenager. This is...