Desperate times | | Akatsuki

By akatsukislut

"Look i made a promise to that kid that I would protect him with everything I had. Do what you want but your'... More

Disclaimer
Prologue
The Yakuza [1]
Butler [2]
So much for a dinner [3]
Killer domestic issues [4]
On the run [5]
Redo [6]
First day of hell [8]
Fucking Hate Highschool [9]
Second day [10]
Dodge Death [11]
I cant remember...[12]
Study session [13]
Gang gossip [14]
Nothing personal [15]
Live a Little! [16]
Demons [17]
A project [18]
That summer [19]
We meet again [20]
Not ordinary [21]
Tortured [22]
Weasel finds out [23]
Fifty shades of gay [24]
Not that bad [25]
Favor [26]
Thanksgiving puppet *special chap*[27]
His past *special chapter*[28]
To fast to furious [29]
Enemy of my enemy [30]
Akatsuki[31]
Gods eye [32]
Field trip [33]
I cant [34]
Why cant i remember?[35]
Elder sister... |36|
Taken much [37]
Stranded [38]
The mountain between us [39]
Tag[40]
live and die on this day.[41]
What...[42]
What. the. fuck...[43]
Selfish [44]
Gotta be quicker then that![45]
Spring break[46]
Highway to hell [47]
No shame [48]
Drunk *special chapter* [48 1/2]
The night we met[49]
im only human[50]
You left me alone.[51]
Unnecessary Pain[52]
The truth [53]
lost memories[54]
Eternally fleeting [55]
Who was i?[56]
who are you to me [57]
Wants [58]
Youre late[59]
Dont cry [60]
Deal [61] (rewritten)
The end [62]

I quit [7]

1.1K 64 26
By akatsukislut

Revised 1/17/2022
||

It's around 10-11 pm and I'm currently closing up for the job I had gotten rather quickly yesterday after settling in the apartment with Nagisa. I had surprisingly landed a job at a hardware store which I would only work half time as I started school tomorrow.

For the first time in all my 18 years I would be officially going to high school. Don't get me wrong it's not like I suddenly up and declared "oh lemme enroll in prison". See yesterday after me and Nagisa talked, it was clear as day that he wanted revenge and
I wasnt going to be doing cat and mouse forever. I was going to kill that bastard excuse of an uncle.

Since Japan is where the Yakuza's main base for the gang where all our shipments come from I was practically in the belly of the fucking beast.
Japan was where most of our rival gangs resides which was why the old man moved to America where we also had factories and the office building but the thing that made the American branch and the Japanese branch different was that the American branch was legal and more public. Anything that goes to the American branches come from the Factory situated in Japan.

If you're bat shit confused as to what the hell im talking about, let me sum it up briefly as to what the Yakuza clan actually does. On the outside we were your typical security company. On the inside, we smuggled illegal things into America for extra profit.
We were considered one of the gods in the gang world which means there will always be your atheists.

We were in enemy territory that belonged to the vigilante gangs. I bet you're wondering once again why the hell I would come here out of all places? Because this is where the heart of everything lied for the family. I was going to kick the bastard where the sun didn't shine by taking out the factory. The destruction will lure him out till he has no choice but to come here. However in order to do that, my first goal now was to locate the leader of the sound mafia. Unlike the Vigilante gangs the sound was the Yakuza's rival which apparently not seemed the case anymore as Haru was now in cahoots with the bastards.

Now back to the main topic at hand. The reason I was attending high school was because my sources had leaked 4 members of high ranking from the sound mafia were attending the school. All I had to do was figure out who they were and get information as to where their Hideout was located and find out why the hit was solaced on my parents back then.

I'm broken out of thought by a loud clanking noise as if something heavy had dropped from one of the shelves. Needless to say it scared the ever living shit out of me for a moment. Its five minutes past closing time who the hell is still in here...

The lights were off. And I damn sure knew it was the wind that was able to knock something as heavy as whatever made that sound down.

Times like this I wish I had my gun but the most I had was the ballistic knife in my shoe. The same loud sound happens again a moment later echoing through the store making me upgrade my fast paced walk to the small security area where the security guard should be doing his damn job.

Once I reach the counter, I furrow my brows in annoyance that on my first day of the job the security who had probably worked here longer then me was slacking off. Reaching my hand out I shake the sleep and beauty knocked guards shoulder roughly to only get a big brolic bear growl of a snore that I admit made me flinch. Since the guy wasn't going to be waking up anytime soon nor was I going to go the extra mile to make this guy do his job, I walked further into his area and took a peek at the security cameras.

I noticed movement in my peripheral vision on one of the screens making me narrow my brows in caution. Sure I was a a specially trained in hitmanship and hand to hand combat but I was a firm believer of the supernatural. Knives and fists had nothing against vengeful Walmart ghosts.

"Hello?" I uttered lowly.

I was now at an internal battle with myself and I'd I should check out the strange movement in aisle 12. Not only was the exit there but the check out card system was in that area too. In all honesty, I felt like I was in fucking 5 nights of Freddie's and I was debating just going out the front entrance, leaving it unlocked as this was above my pay grade.

After a moment,I groan in irritation snatching the flashlight which had happened to be the only damn thing the guard carried and made way towards the back of the store where the noise came from. Now please don't misunderstand my actions; I'm not checking out the noise I'm trying to Paul blart mall cop my way to the exit.

As I'm strafing one of the aisles quietly with the flashlight in hand, I freeze like a deer caught in headlights at the flash of movement at the end of the aisle in the shadows which the light couldn't reach. My eyes glance at the lone block of wood laying on the ground warily.

By this moment, I was scared as the flashlight decided Now was the time to run out of battery making me curse as I was now plunged into semi darkness. Taking a step back, I hold up whatever was in my right hand in a defensive pose backing away slyly as a huge wide shadow materialized along with grumbling.

My eyes widened as the shadow grew closer and closer at an alarming rate. Feeling something grab me, I shoot my fist out into the darkness nailing a jaw.

As if on cue a bright light shines on the whole scene making my eyes dart to the fat security guard who must've been woken from the commotion.

"What the hell are you 2 kids doing here!? This place is supposed to be closed!"

|A Tiresome Misunderstanding Later|

"Look sir it was an accident! I didn't think anyone would still be here!?"

Me, along with the security guard, the customer so had punched, and my now livid manger whom was directing the main issue of the problem at me.

"You punched me after I tried to reach out and reassure you I meant no harm!?"

My eyes shift to the customer. He seems to be around my height and age with short red hair and  hazel brown eyes that complimented his dollish features. He was in a black button up shirt with an expensive looking red suit that  made me begin to grow weary along with a weird cloud tattoo on his hand. However, his looks didn't sway my annoyed attitude in the slightest.

"Only because you were still in the store past closing hours sir. I mistook you for a robber to which if you were, I should deserve an employee of the month award as he clearly wasn't doing anything." I point to the security guard who gasped in defense as if he wasn't sleeping on duty.

"Well if you had did a sweep over the store and seen that a customer was still here struggling in getting to check out, I wouldn't have been locked in." He says icily making me grind my teeth, an irk mark protruding from my temple.

You got. To be. Fucking. Kidding. Me.

Everything they were blaming me for was the incompetent security guards job not mine. My job was to put stuff back in the correct spot and leave.
How was this my fault. It's freaking 11 near fucking midnight, already 30 minutes now past closing time. Why the hell was he still in the store with carts full of wood and equipment. The sense this was making was none.

"My apologies sir but why do you have carts full of wood anyway, no less shopping last minute." I point out trying to keep my attitude from showing.

A gasp ensues through the room as the manager apologizes for my apparent idiocy nervously, the security guard shaking his head clutching his flashlight shakily.

"I am so humbly sorry Mr. Akasuna, he didn't mean that, Yuri here is new and it's actually his firs-"

"It doesn't mater, it is fine. Just make sure it doesn't happen again." He waves us off with sigh.

"Still your organization has been benefactors of this local breach for a while,Tsu apologize to the customer for your insolence. If word gets out that you assaulted a customer and a VIP one at that, we'll be shut down!" He orders lowly as the red head behind him crosses his arms in expectancy with an amused brow. It was obvious he probably thought this whole situation was over exaggerated but since he was the victim he probably didn't care as this was payback for punching him.

I scowl in disbelief that this guy really expected me to apologize as if this was all my fault. I open my mouth to apologize as I didn't want to get fired after a day of getting the job. Not to mention, I did mess the guy up pretty badly with the punch as there was a gaping bruise on the side of his jaw.

"You're also suspended for a week, and I'm halving your pay. I don't need you getting us on the bad side of the Akatsuki cause of your incompetence." My manager grounds out through his teeth in my ear.

My breath hitches at his words before my eyes turn to slits murderously unaware of the red heads curious eyes observing my reaction. After a moment, I approach the smug guy, "With all due respect," I bow my head in apology.

"I'm sorry I didn't punch you harder."

My managers mouth drops and the guys mouth parts in shock as I leave the store, throwing up the bird over my shoulder.

"I quit."

|~Author-Sama|

I changed this chapter up a bit, her alias is Yuri now

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

177K 5.3K 43
Y/N has an interesting quirk. One that she's not allowed to talk about. One that's she's not allowed to use. But she desperately wants to use it... o...
190K 6K 35
bnha x reader (the mature warning isn't smut, is just violence) y/n Takami is.... a "normal" girl, that doesn't have wings, or any kind of power, or...
Listen By 幸せ

Fanfiction

139K 5K 55
You haven't been one to open up to people well no matter who they are, not since you lost your family to Niflheim invading your home. How your shy an...
219K 7.8K 37
You unknowingly meet your soulmate, Roronoa Zoro, but being in your cat form neither of you realize the meaning of the deep bonds that connected you...