gas station.|2tgs&b.

By dementation

gas sta·tion ˈɡas ˌstāSHən/ noun. an establishment beside a road selling gasoline ... More

beware.
first, ask.
second, ain't shit.
fourth, copy n' paste.
fifth, happy birthday.
sixth, runnin' round.
seventh, acquainted.
eighth, aim to kill.
a/n
nineth, just fuckin round.

third, poor home.

817 64 28
By dementation

              poor home.

poor home/         variable concept, changing
                    dependent on the placement of another 
                                 person or object.

Abaddon at on the roof of the place he came the most. Exxon. The gas station nobody went to like that anymore. He sat right up on the roof where nobody ever looked. who looks up at at gas station roofs? It's such a small unimportant place to the average person why look at the roof?

Abaddon blew out the smoke after departing the blunt from his lips. This would make the second one he smoked and it was making him think way too hard about shit he didn't wanna remember.

He kept his eyes set straight watching the few cars on the road at this time of night that passed the gas station.

flashback

A ten year old Abaddon looked down at his piece of chicken. It was one of the nights his pops came home with a dinner that in their eyes was the best thing ever. Don would have been happier if his Mother and Father ate too.

He noticed his father came home with one single box of churches chicken which was the only chicken spot open that late for whatever reason. The box had four pieces of chicken each chicken, in the eyes of Abaddon and his three siblings was amazing.

His oldest brother, David, knew they were struggling he hadn't touched his food. Him being seventeen while the rest were much younger he knew they were naive to their struggle. Or at least how deep their struggle ran.

It was two in the morning and the kids haven't ate since yesterday morning and when their father came home from work he woke them so they could eat at least something.

Abaddon had a smile on his face while eating his piece of chicken as did his other older brother, Devin, who was twelve. He tired yet eagerly stuffed his face with his chicken. The oldest sister, Cayce who was only six ate her chicken slowly as if scared the taste of food wouldn't last a while.

Abaddon looked up at his parents tiredly sitting on their living room floor watching their kids eat. Don didn't know why they weren't eating. Shouldn't they celebrate the meal they were having? They didn't get take out food , ever.

"Momma, Pops, why you guys not eating?"  Chris's one innocent question made the tear that threatened to spill from David's eye.

They were poor. Truly poor.

David quickly looked down at his food so no one would take notice which no one did. But Abaddon.

The three siblings that ate finished their food and went back to sleep, so did their father. But David stayed in the living room still with his untouched food in-front of him. Hearing the kids room door and his parents room door shut, their mother broke down in a silent, painful cry. It wasn't her crying more than it was her heart.

Looking up was David's biggest mistake. Seeing the woman that gave him life and that he loved and respected so much heart was breaking. Hearing her silent sobs Calvin got up to comfort his mother in any way he could. He knew his mother was hurt when she cried infront of him. She wanted to be the superwoman to her kids but she couldn't do it. Mentally and financially she couldn't do it.

"You kids barley eat and when you do it's because your being forced out of your sleep if me and your father can scrap up enough money to feed you. God knows your father works hard at that gas station but it's not enough. My job fired me and looking for a new one in ninth ward is hard David. Im sorry. For failing. Failing each of you." His mothered sobbed on her oldest sons chest holding onto him as if he would disappear in any moment.

He wasn't going to let his family suffer. If they wanted to play the legal way with money that was fine. But he wasn't. Seeing his mother cry about something no mother should broke his heart.

Abaddon kept his head down hearing his mother's cries while he stayed silent in front of his bedroom door before peaking around the corner,  watching his mother cry on his older brother. Silently making his way back in his room going unnoticed, he laid back down on the blanket pallet on the floor with his brother and sister and stared up at their bedroom walls that he previously saw no issue in until he heard his mother crying about the life they live.

He was young, not dumb. He now looked at the bedroom walls in sadness wanted to hear his mom laugh again.

____________________________________

Running a hand down his face and forcing himself out of the memory, Don brought the blunt back up to his lips taking a hit before letting his low and red eyes wander over to the broken down Honda pulling into the gas station making him watch in interest as the car parks infront of the gas station.

Watching the same brown girl that bothered him last week step out the car,  his eyes stuck to her frame.

He watched her lift the front of her car only for smoke to emerge from it making a low chuckle come from Don while placing the blunt lazily between his lips making his way down from the side of the building where a ladder was placed

Dylan felt her eyes tear up watching smoke come from the front of the car. Her sensitivity wanted her to cry at the fact that her car was fucking up and more so the fact that she actually hit her mom back only pushing her in guilt and making her mom go ballistic punching her in the lip leaving a scar noticeable.

  "Ya' shit broke down. Ya' need to get that checked out." A familiar deep voice interrupted her prior thoughts.

Turning around to face the mystery boy she semi met last week. Her face softened at him seeing his eyes low set and slightly red and his usual cold eyes looked darker than usual. A blunt was between his lips and he wore a sly smirk. He looked..nicer?

"Huh?"

"You need ta' get ya' shit fixed." He repeated taking a step closer towards her letting his attention go towards her car.

"You know how or you just gonna keep telling me things I know?" Delilah sassed while putting her hand on her hip.

Not breaking his attention away from the car he replied.

"Hell nah, ion really do allat' fixin' cars bullshit ion have enough patience for it. How about you? You fix cars?" He added the last part sarcastically making Delilah slightly smile before shrugging.

"I mean yanno'. I definitely fix cars why else you think my whip running so smooth?" She matched his sarcastic tone.

"Yea that make sense. Maybe ya' can look in ma' shit. Sometime it be bitchin' sometime." He mumbled shrugging his shoulder leaning down a bit to toy with what was under the hood of her car.

"You ever gonna tell me your name?"

It was a long period of silence while Chris toyed with her car before adjusting and backing away from the  car to pull the blunt from between his lips looking over at her.

"Don." He simply replied while taking a step closer to her making her insides feel a bit funny. He made her nerves bad...

Tilting his head a bit while letting his eyes roam to her plump lips, he brought a hand up to lift her head considering she was much shorter than him. His thumb brushed over her bottom lip before connecting his almost lifeless eyes with her warm ones.

She slightly winced in pain from his thumb going over her bottom lip.

"Take care of that, ya' lip busted. Get ya' car in a shop. And stop talking to strangers." Don mumbled while breaking eye contact and taking a few steps back letting a smirk play on his lips while walking from her.

"I'll see you...Dylan."

Standing there dumb founded she wanted to know how he knew her name? Why'd he leave so fast? Was he only talking to her because he was evidently high at the moment?

Huffing softly she made her way back inside her car and turning the key in the ignition. To her surprise her car came to life and started immediately.

Backing out from the gas station, Delilah drove away from her new home.

She just didn't know it yet...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 8 8
Logic is fucked and goddamn thoroughly bendable to anybody with the preference and ability to do so this shit is neither logical nor illogical it's s...
10.4K 1.2K 40
"𝗪𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗳𝘂𝗰𝗸..." 𝗜 𝗵𝗲𝗮𝗿𝗱 𝗮𝗯𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗺𝗲. 𝗜 𝘀𝗹𝗼𝘄𝗹𝘆 𝗿𝗲𝗺𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗻𝗮𝗽𝗸𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗼𝗻 𝗺𝘆 𝗳𝗮𝗰𝗲 �...
1.7K 11 71
some shit i wrote in high school