Never Looking Back ✔

By serial-chiller

Completed. More

Hey
story aesthetics
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
THANK YOU
Epilogue

Chapter 2

86.2K 3K 725
By serial-chiller

Chapter 2

-please put your playlist here-

Emily POV

After returning from...whatever it was with David Clifford, I had decided to get all the information about that job opening in their company.

I hurriedly got out of bed and went to bathroom to take a shower. After showering I came straight to my suitcase wondering what the fuck am I going to wear?

What should I wear? Jeans? No. Jeans won't be appropriate to wear in a company. Not professional enough.

Without thinking more I took a white sundress out of my suitcase and wore it.

I blow dried my wet hair. And started wearing a little makeup which consisted of foundation, concealer, blush, mascara, eyeliner and pink lipstick.

Feeling pleased with my look, I got out of my hotel room.

I went to the hotel's cafe to buy myself a latte. After that I took a cab and now I am going to the company.

After 20 minutes of ride we finally reached Clifford and Co. I gave driver the money and went out of the cab. I swear I have spent all my money on cabs since I came here.

I looked at the tall building standing in front of me. Damn. It's a big company indeed. It's beautiful. God, how am I getting the job?

I took a deep breath. Just believe in yourself.

I went inside and the inside was as beautiful as the outside, if not more.

I saw the receptionist and went towards her. Looking at her made me a little insecure about myself. She was wearing a lot of makeup. She was wearing a tight dark blue button up shirt and the rest of her was hidden behind the counter.

I cleared my throat to get her attention.

"Yes". She looked up at me. Her eyes scanning me from top to bottom. I shifted uncomfortably.

"I am here to meet with Mr. Williams". Mr Williams is going to take the interview as it was mentioned in the newspaper and their website.

"He is on the second floor" she replied.

"Thank you". I smiled.

I checked the time on my watch and it was 7:50 am. Perfect.

When I reached at the second floor I asked the receptionist to give me the way to Mr. Williams office and now I am here.

I knocked the door of the office.  I looked around to see if anyone was here for the position but there was noone or maybe there were people but not right here at the moment.

"Come in".

I came in as I saw a man who must be around 55 was sitting on his chair. Ah. This is Mr Williams.

"Hi. I am emily. I came here for the interview". I said in the most professional tone that I could muster.

"Interview?" He asked in a puzzled tone. Have they already hired someone? Shit.

"Yeah, interview". I said, silently praying that my thoughts must not be true.

"Wait. Are you talking about the secretary interview?" he asked as he started laughing. Why the fuck is he laughing?

As I was going to ask why the fuck are you laughing? A bit more politely though. He answered.

"Oh dear. The interviews are only for male".

What the actual fuck!?

"Wait? What are you saying?" I asked even though I very well knew what he was saying.

"I mean. That we are only hiring males for the assistant position". He replied with a somewhat pityful look.

Hell no!

"No. No. You cannot do this to me. Why are you hiring males!? I mean, females can do the work too. Why? Males then!".

"I don't know. You can ask from the boss. After that, you can go from the building" the old man said with a mocked smile.

"No. I am not going back. It took me so much time to come here? I am not going anywhere till I get the job. What is that males can do and the females can't?" I shouted feeling frustrated. This is my only way to get a good life ahead!

Good company means good salary.

"Don't shout at me girl". The old man said sternly, he had enough of my shouting. I guess.

I placed my hand on my forehead and almost groaned out loud. "Why? Is your boss gay or something?". I asked with an angry frown on my face.

Before the old man could say anything more. A voice came from behind.

"Send her to my office".

I turned, my breath hitched as I looked at the man. God! My heart started beating wildly just by looking at him. The guy was  in his mid 20's. Three or four years older than me. Probably. He has dark blue eyes. The deepest shade of ocean. Prominent cheekbones. Sharp jawlines. My eyes shameleely moved down to his pink lips. Hmm.

Which shade of lipstick does he use? I need to know.

He was wearing a black suit which really suited him. I have a weird obsession with the men who wear suites. Who doesn't though? His medium lenght black hair was styled right. He had a subtle beard on his face that looked nice on him.

Just by looking at him makes me nervous.

This must be the famous Daniel Clifford. .

He is handsome.

He coldly stared at me while I drooled at him.

"You heard the boss. His office is on the first floor". Mr Williams said in his so called proffesional tone. I was right. So he really was the famous daniel. He has every right to be famous. With so much money and the looks to die for.

Daniel who was still standing at the door then walked away.

Oh god. Why the fuck does he want me in his office now? Did he hear my gay remark? Shit. I am screwed.

"Why are you still here?" came the annoying voice of Mr Williams.

Shup up hoe.

I walked out of his office and strided towards the elevator.

I entered in the elevator feeling nervous as hell. I heard the bing of the elevator. I walked out of the it and started making my way forward on the 1st floor in search of his office.

I saw that the receptionist of this floor wasn't anywhere to be seen. The place was empty.

I guess I have to find his office myself then.

I was still walking around in search of his office when I stumbled over an area or more like office. Ah. Here it is. A big Daniel Clifford was written on the door.

I knocked at the door.

"Come in"

I opened the door and walked in. I looked around. Wow. He has a big office. And a nice one too at that.  Everything is luxurious. The colour scheme was mostly white, black and gray.

His office is as beautiful as his face. Fuck! Where did that come from emily?

"Ahem" I cleared my throat as he was still looking at his laptop.

"Take a seat". He said as he was still looking at his laptop.

I took the seat that was in front of his seat. Why did he call me if he had to work?

"Can I ask why you were shouting at Mr Willams office? Ms-

"Collins. Emily collins". I said nervously.

"Yeah. Ms Collins". So that is why he called me. I felt a little embarrassed at his words. I wasn't that loud. Ugh. Now, was I? I was just stating the facts at his room.

"Um- Mr Clifford. It's just that I came here for the interview of secretary. And then I came to know that it was only for males". I resisted the urge to roll my eyes. He was still looking at me with a poker face. Why isn't he saying something? I guess I have to continue.

"It took me so long to come here. You people should have at least mentioned that it was for males only". I said as I was so dissapointed that I didn't get the job. And I paid so much to that cab driver.

I am broke for fuck's sake.

What more you can expect from me!?

"Ms Collins, it was metioned clearly that it was only for males. It is not our fault that you didn't read clearly."

Shit.

"Uh-um....uh-yeah" I stammered.

"Why can't you hire a girl? I mean what's wrong with it. You can hire me. I can do anything and everything. I promise I'll be very good. Just give me a chance." I said in hope that he may give me the job. He will or otherwise , I'll scream this whole fucking place down.

"Anything?" He asked with a smirk. Woah. Why is he smirking?

I shouldn't mind as he is looking good in it. He is just blessing my eyes.

"Yeah". I said confidently.

"Ok. You are hired. Be there at 8:00 am tommorrow". Me eyes widened. Is he kidding?

Oh my God. Am I dreaming? I got the job? Oh my god. I got the job! Now I can live peacefully here. It was so easy. Damn.

I feel like dancing in happiness.

"Oh my God. Thank you so much, I will not dissapoint you!! Thank you. Thank you so much!" I said happily grinning widely.

"Yeah. You can go now".

"Thank you". I said. As I started walking out of his office.

"And Ms Collins?" I heard his voice and turned. I looked at him, telling him to go on.

"I am not gay".

******

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

961K 25.4K 63
𝐀 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐛𝐢𝐝𝐝𝐞𝐧 𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐚𝐟𝐟𝐚𝐢𝐫 "ᴛʜᴇɴ ᴡʜᴀᴛ's ɪᴛ ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴍʀ. ʜᴀʀʀɪɴɢᴛᴏɴ? ᴍᴇ? ᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ ᴊᴏʙ?" 𝐀 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐠 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐓𝐚𝐲𝐥�...
1.6K 65 14
abused and broken
88.3K 3.8K 27
𝘈𝘭𝘭 𝘐 𝘯𝘦𝘦𝘥𝘦𝘥 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘨𝘶𝘪𝘥𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘦.
2.6M 71.4K 32
𝘙𝘦𝘮𝘦𝘮𝘣𝘦𝘳 𝘩𝘰𝘸 𝘸𝘦 𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳 ' 𝘞𝘩𝘰 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘥 𝘸𝘩𝘰𝘮 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦?' 𝘐 𝘨𝘶𝘦𝘴𝘴, 𝘐 𝘸𝘰𝘯. ♥️ 𝘚𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘪𝘭�...