HUNGER GAMES | BTS, BLACKPINK...

By DBBSEOK

24 teens will serve as tributes for the twelve districts of South Korea. They are forced to compete in the Hu... More

THE TRIBUTES
THE REST OF THE TRIBUTES
[1]
[2]
[4]
[5]
[6]
[7]
[8]
[9]

[3]

2.5K 115 93
By DBBSEOK

After two days of training the twenty-four tributes were expected to show their skills in front of a group of judges who would give them a score from one to twelve. Some of them knew exactly what they were going to do while others were unsure. All of their mentors kept reminding them how very important this was as their score would influence whether anyone would want to sponsor them.

It went in order from district one going first to district twelve being the very last. The boy went first and then the girl. The first to go was Namjoon who had the judges' full attention as he showed his skills in multiple weapons. Jisoo was next to go and she was less confident as she tried to make a good impression.

Bambam and Mina were next with at least some success. What Mark and Nayeon did was a mystery but Yugyeom and Jihyo had mixed results. Yoongi managed to surprise the judges though Sana's medical skills less so. Next Jackson and Tzuyu went followed by Jungkook and Lisa.

Jimin managed to use his intellect to his advantage. Rose went after him then Jin and Jungyeon. Next was Hoseok and Momo followed by Jinyoung and Dahyun until finally only Taehyung and Jennie were left. They were both nervous; more so because they had to go last.

"Nervous?" Taehyung asked his companion.

"A little," Jennie admitted. "Know what you're going to do?"

"Not really," he laughed. "I'm just going to wing it."

She sighed, "That won't get you any sponsors."

"Hey I'll get some sponsors!" he told her confidently.

Just then Dahyun came out. Taehyung knew it was his turn now. Taking a deep breath he stood up and walked over to the room the judges were in. "Good luck." Jennie told him. He nodded before opening the door and going in.

Now Jennie was alone and nervous. Staring at her hands she worried about how if she screwed this up it could mean the difference between life and death. A bead of sweat rolled down the side of her head and her hands felt clammy.

Twenty minutes later Taehyung came out and waved her in. Her knees felt shaky as she walked in. The judges looked bored after having seen all the other tributes try to impress them so Jennie knew she'd have to be amazing just to get their attention.

Usually someone showed their skill with a weapon in order to impress the judges. Building fires and identifying plants was considered boring by the judges. Especially for the later tributes. Jennie had found during training that she had a bit of a knack for throwing knives and things so she decided to use that.

There were all different kinds of weapons placed so the tributes could use them along with targets. Picking up a half dozen knives she stood in front of a target. Concentrating hard she threw one of the knives and while it missed the middle it was close. She threw another and this one hit the center dead on.

Turning to look at the judges she noticed none of them were paying much attention at her at all. They were either eating or talking amongst each other. She noticed there was a protective barrier around them to protect them against any angry tributes. Turning back Jennie tried to keep her cool. She moved over to the other targets and put a knife in the dead center of all of them.

But still no one was paying any attention to her. That or they just weren't impressed. Angry Jennie picked up a small axe and considered flinging it at one of the targets but then changed her mind. Turning to face the judges she flung the axe straight at them.

As the sharp weapon hurdled toward them they cowered in fright despite knowing they were safe. They were so surprised they couldn't help it. The axe hit the protective barrier, bounced off, and hit the nearest target dead center.

Jennie bowed. "Thanks for your consideration." Then she quickly left leaving the judges in awe.

An hour after the last tribute went the scores were going to be shown on television for everyone to see including the people back in the districts. On the third floor Mark and Nayeon waited together with their mentor Daesung for their scores.

"So..." Daesung said casually. "How do you think you did?"

"Ten," Mark answered. "No wait, eleven. Maybe twelve."

"You didn't do that good." Nayeon sneered.

"Just wait," he shot back. "You'll see for yourself."

"It's starting," Daesung announced. The program turned on. The host Seungri talked for a few minutes before showing the list of everyone's scores by district. The scores read:

Namjoon: 11

Jisoo: 5

Bambam: 8

Mina: 8

Mark: 9

Nayeon: 8

Yugyeom: 7

Jihyo: 8

Yoongi: 8

Sana: 4

Jackson: 8

Tzuyu: 6

Jungkook: 11

Lisa: 6

Jimin: 8

Rose: 5

Jin: 6

Jungyeon: 4

Hoseok: 6

Momo: 6

Jinyoung: 5

Dahyun: 4

Taehyung: 7

Jennie: 10

The next day was reserved for the all important interview. Seungri the host would interview all twenty four tributes individually for three minutes. When the three minutes were over they'd move on to the next tribute and continue until they all had a turn.

All of the tribute's stylists had worked hard to dress them up. But unlike in the parade they wore fashionable suits and dresses that would appeal to sponsors. Their mentors did their best quizzing them on what to say and how to act. But soon it was time to start and they would have to do their best.

"So Jisoo," Seungri asked the shy girl. "How do you like the capital?"

"Oh well umm..." she stuttered. "I-It's okay, I mean it's very bright and colorful. And there sure are a lot more people here."

"What do you like best about the capital?" He asked Taehyung.

"The food," the brunette answered. "Definitely the food. Best kimchi fried rice I've ever tasted!"

"What do you think of your competitors?" Seungri asked Jihyo.

"They look pretty weak to me." She answered. "I'm not worried."

"Who scares you the most?" He asked Jinyoung.

"Probably Namjoon," Jinyoung answered. "Or Yugyeom. Jungkook looks intimidating too. To be honest they all scare me."

Seungri looks Momo right in the eye. "So Momo, if you could say one thing to the people back home what would it be?"

The girl looked at the camera and started to get all teary-eyed. "I miss you Mom! You too Dad! I hope you'll be okay without me and please, don't forget me!"

"What do you think your chances are?" The host asked Mark.

"Pretty high," the teen answered. "I know what I'm going to do unlike most of the idiots who will be running around like chickens with their heads cut off."

"So Jennie, can you tell us what happened with the judges?" Seungri asked the girl. Despite your size and demeanor you managed to score a ten. Can you tell us what you did?"

Jennie looked nervous. "I would love too but the judges made me promise not to. Sorry." She apologized.

"Well that's all right Jennie, but it looks like our time is up!"

After the interview was over the tributes were sent back to their floor where after getting changed they would try to get some sleep. The next morning they would be taken to an unknown location where the Hunger Games would start.

Jimin was restless that night. He tossed and turned but couldn't get to sleep. So instead around midnight he got up and made his way to the roof. To his surprise he wasn't the only one there. Rose, the other tribute from his district was already there.

"What are you doing up here?" He asked.

"Just looking out at the city and all the lights." She answered. "I couldn't sleep."

"Me neither," he sat down next to her. "I keep going over strategies in my head for tomorrow."

"You're pretty smart Jimin," she said looking into his eyes. "You might even win."

"Don't you want to win?"

"Yeah...but I don't think I will."

A moment passed in silence. Neither of the two of them said anything as they looked out over the city. "I'll...I'll find you." Jimin said breaking the silence.

"W-What?"

"I'll find you tomorrow," he repeated. "Don't go for the weapons. Just run straight away from everyone else. I'll find you before it starts and watch where you go and then I'll follow you. We'll survive together."

Rose smiled. "You really mean it?"

"Yeah well I'll need an ally anyway..." He scratched the back of his head awkwardly.

"Thank you!" Rose said suddenly hugging the boy.

"You should try to go back to sleep." He told her. She nodded, but before heading back to her room she gave him a quick kiss on the cheek. Jimin stayed up there a while longer before heading back to his own bed.

The next morning an alarm clock that had been set for all the tributes went off in Jin's room. Turning it off he took a shower and got dressed. The stylists had made a new outfit for each of the tributes that was supposed to best represent them but also have great maneuverability. Then he headed down to breakfast where his mentor and fellow tribute were waiting.

Jungyeon was too nervous and could barely eat a bite but Jin knew he would need his strength and tried to eat as much as he could. Once they were done their mentor took them to the ground floor where they lined up by district with the other tributes.

The line took them onto a waiting plane where they all sat down on either side. A female doctor was in the plane and as it took off she went around with a needle. "What's that?" Jin asked as she got closer to him.

"Tracker," she answered. "So we can always know your location."

And then she stuck the needle in Jin's arm. It hurt as the tracker entered his body but the pain didn't last long. Soon everyone had been given a tracker and the woman left to the cockpit. There were a few windows where they could see clouds and birds flying by.

The plane ride took an hour before they landed. They were led underground each into individual rooms. In each room was a guard. Aside from a seat there was a bottle of water. Jin drank half of it before he heard the buzz coming from his right.

The tube that would take him into the game had buzzed from red to green. The plastic entrance had opened so he stepped inside. It immediately closed and the floor he was standing on took him up. He soon found himself in the bright sunlight. Looking around he saw the other twenty three tributes all standing in a circle with the cornucopia in the middle. The host's voice rang out.

"Welcome to this year's Hunger Games!"

..The real deal starts on the next chapter

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

106K 3.3K 17
This story is about seven Korean boys who are known as Bts. And they are trying to survive a zombie Apocalypse during the year of 2015. Will any of t...
113K 4.4K 100
SEQUEL TO "Just One Chance" (COMPLETED 5/1/2020) Warning: very triggering topics The gang are all in their Spring semester of their Senior year now...
1.5K 203 37
The sudden death of her husband leaves Janna Kwon struggling with grief. Haunted by her husband's warnings about the dangers of the world, she is de...
156K 6.2K 100
Sequel to REIMAGINED COMPLETED 26/01/20 Warning: very triggering topics