South ~ A Joshaya Story

By carcargrace

~ IN IT FOR THE LONG GAME ~ The ski lodge never happened. Maya Hart is a Junior at John Quincy Adams High Sch... More

New Beginning
Thanksgiving
Tick Tock
Camille P.2
Threats
Boo York ! Boo York !
Restarting
Rest in Peace Pt. 1
Rest in Peace Pt.2
Rest in Peace Pt.3
Aftermath
New Boy
Movie Night - Part 1
Movie Night - Part 2.0
Movie Night 2.5

Camille P.1

314 8 1
By carcargrace

I was sitting in the recliner chair when Camille walked into the room giving Josh a huge hug , wrapping her arms around his neck and gave him a peck on the lips . That lucky one . Josh gave a small smile with a little fake laugh. He looked nervous .

I wanted to get up and walk away , but I couldn't . My body wouldn't move . I think I was in shock . Riley walked up to the door and looked at Camille .
" Do I know you ?" Riley asked , sounding annoyed.

" I don't think so , " Camille answered back . She intertwined her hand with Josh's and continued " but I am Josh's girlfriend ! And I know who you are . It's so nice to finally meet you Riley ! " Camille pulled Riley into a hug . Riley stayed still not hugging her back , just like Josh . Riley seemed to be in shock , just like me .

Camille released Riley from her embrace and smiled . She intertwined her fingers with Josh's again and looked around smiling . Riley finally started breathing again . She looked at me . " A-are you okay ?" Riley asked unsure herself if she was ok."

I finally got out a slight movement , a nod . Then I pushed myself to stand up . Camille looked at me up and down , that eel . " Short , blonde , blue eyes , " Camille muttered to herself  " you must be Maya !" She said louder , pulling me into a hug . I'll be honest she seemed like a nice , comforting person and her hug was loose but secure , warm , and soft . If she wasn't dating Josh, I'd probably like her . But , I still didn't hug her back . " Sorry , " she said with a little giggle " I just love hugs . " She giggled again . Josh did , too .

" Oh , it's - it's fine . " I said with a fake smile . She was too perfect . She smiled and went back to Josh . He wrapped his arm around her and gave a quick , small , wary smile. The microwave gave a remind beep and Riley went off to the kitchen , I followed .

Riley handed me a donut and I took a bite out of one . Camille and Josh walked over to us and sat down on the kitchen bench. " Do you guys want one ? " Riley asked pushing the plate towards them . I giggled .

" Yep . " Josh said while grabbing one and then taking a bite out of it .

" What about you ? " Riley asked looking at Camille .

" Oh , no thanks . I'm on a diet . " She explained .

Of course she was ! Could she get anymore perfect ? I wish I was as skinny as her ." Oh . " I said pulling the plate back towards me and Riley . Josh threw a ' I want more ' look so I tossed another one at him , he caught it . "So, what do you do ? " I asked Camille . Since Riley and I were Juniors , Riley was seventeen and I was sixteen , and Josh nineteen so Camille must have been eighteen or nineteen , maybe twenty.

" I'm a make up artist . " She said with  smile . Of freaking course ! Why couldn't she be a podiatrist or something !

I rolled my eyes . " Wow . " I said trying to put more enthusiasm into it. " You're lucky . "

" Yep ! " She continued " So , you're a Senior , right ? "

I sighed " Junior . " I corrected her .

" Oh , well you look old for your age . You look young but mature . You're lucky . "

" No  , trust me , I'm not . The only guy I like doesn't have the least interest in me , I'm too young for him . And you're so pretty and have a super awesome boyfriend , you're the lucky one ! " I explained , also hoping she'd get the hint.

" Oh my god don't worry , you'll get an awesome boyfriend .

" Ok . " I didn't have anything else to say . How is that all she heard  from that ? I grabbed another donut and took a bite out of it , annoyed .

" S-so , " Josh started " what brought you to come here ? "

" You , of course ! " Camille exclaimed .

" But why all the sudden , and surprisingly ? "

" I don't know I just missed you . I wanted to see how everything was going .  "

" Oh , okay . "  This seemed awkward for Josh . He looked at her and she smiled  . " Do you wanna go to my room and talk ? " He asked , hinting .

" Sure , why not ! " Camille exclaimed . They walked to his room and shut the door .

Great , Josh just went to his room with a hot girl and shut the door .

Hey guys !!! This one was LONGER but not that long . I like making my chapters to get longer and longer so it's more interesting almost , or actually idk ! Don't worry there will be Josh POVs and the next one might actually be a Josh POV but either way hope you enjoyed this chapter and who the hell is Camille and will we learn more about her ?!?!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

404K 8.3K 74
(I wrote this when I was 13/14 and it is super cliche and awkward to read. Enjoy)... Maya Hart is a 14 year old girl who isn't given the best life. H...
144K 3.7K 55
Maya Hunter: Maya's life was perfect. She had a family that loved her, a boyfriend who adored her (at least when he wasn't adoring other girls), and...
213K 4.6K 62
♡ "I'll play the long game" ♡ It's been a year since Josh said these words to Maya. In the days since Maya has tried to ignore the ache in her heart...
68.2K 2.3K 24
Riley Matthews is a girl who never grew up. A girl who still fantasizes about happy ever afters. The one who always smiles and tries to make the best...