Locked in with the Enemy

By georgia101197

Maeve's Dad is the headteacher of Seeder Grove school for boys, so Maeve ended up the only girl in school. Sh... More

Chapter one;
Chapter two;
Chapter three;
Chapter four;
Chapter six;
Chapter seven;
Chapter eight;

Chapter five;

152 5 1
By georgia101197

It had been a week since my sleepover with Rory; of course even after my very thorough speech he was still determined to protect me from every single danger. Even though there were no dangers at our school.

Noah was still freaking me out by making snide comments and staring at me a lot. But lately Nathan, his twin, had also been acting weird; but in the complete opposite way. If he seen me across a room or even across the school car park he would run away. No matter what happened he would avoid me and stay away from me; whenever Noah came over to me Nathan would walk the other way.

It was Friday and I had PE again; the lesson where I first met Noah and Nathan. But recently Rory was always there when I came out of my lessons.

This particular PE lesson we were doing 100m sprints on the school field; I loved sprints since I couldn't run very far. Surprisingly I was in the top five in my class, my run was next and I was against Rory, Jamie and Jack. I knew Jamie and Jack weren't very fast but Rory was so the race would really only be between the two of us.

"Next!" The PE teacher shouted.

We all walked up to the line getting into our positions, I smiled at Rory and he replied with a wink. The teacher next to me raised his hand waiting for the teacher at the bottom to raise his. When he did out teacher began to count down; the second he said three his hand would go down. Signalling for us to run and the timer to start.

"One.... Two.... Three!" His hand was thrown down and I broke out into a sprint. For a girl my legs were very strong so I made myself push off making my strides longer. It was neck and neck between Rory and I; I could see him out of the corner of my eye. He was panicking because he knew in the last 20m I could really win, he kept glancing at me the sweat coming off his face.

I passed the 20m line and really pushed off the ground, making myself move further, faster. I was passing Rory easily now and he was falling behind.

I ended up finishing 10m's in front of Rory and the other two were another 10m's behind.

"What was my time?" I panted jogging over to the teacher.

"11:58, you're best yet Tablott." Mr Goody said. "Your Dad will be happy." Ever since he knew I was the head teacher's daughter Noah's father thought it was a good idea to mention my family every time he saw me.

"Thanks." I was ecstatic I had beaten my best it always made me feel like I was worth something.

"What was ours?" Jamie asked.

"Sadler 12.31." Rory smiled evidently proud of himself. "Escott you got 13.56" Jamie was really happy with this since it was by far his best. "Notman 14.09." Jack smiled but obviously hated he was the slowest. "You all beat your times but you still got beat by a girl."

"Sexist comment there sir." I grinned maybe a little too cheekily.

"Yes I know Tablott." Raising his voice as he addressed the whole class. "Right to the changing room lads and Tablott!"

I quickly got changed because my stomach was hurting and I could hear the boys shouting from their changing room. I took a breather outside but ran back in when I saw Noah coming around the corner; no way could I have another meeting with him after PE.

"Ready to go?" Rory smiled taking me by surprise.

"Uh-huh."

"What's up?" he questioned.

"Nothin'" I mumbled.

"Yes there is, come on tell me."

"I just saw Noah that's all. Oh and don't start giving me a speech because I'll happily commit homicide right here, right now." I sighed, picking up my bag and walking outside. It was lunch so I decided to take the scenic route around the building. I could faintly hear Rory running behind me to catch up to me.

"Hey, Maeve wait up! I wasn't going to say anything, I promise." I shot him a glance when he caught up to me. "Okay maybe I was but I won't, pinkie promise?" he held out his pinkie while pushing his bottom lip.

"Just so you are aware I am not doing this because you gave me the puppy dog face; I am doing this but you need to shut up, a lot." I wrapped my pinkie around his.

"I was so right." He said so quietly I only just heard him.

"Right? About what?"

"What are you talking about, I didn't say anything?"

"Don't mess with me Sadler." I was definitely hanging out with boys too much; I was now on last name basis.

"I was right when I thought you were on your period." Here he goes again with his immunity with embarrassment during awkward conversations.

"What?" I gasped. He had never mentioned 'my time of the month' before and now he just came out with it.

"You're on your period. I can always tell when you are." I was god smacked, how on earth did he know I was on my period.

"How could you possibly know that?"

"Easy, you act and move different. Like you go to the toilet five times a day; you snap at anyone; you have a headache the whole time and your subconsciously rub your stomach. I also know you get extremely bad cramps that's why you take pain killers every four hours." He said at a reasonably normal speed and with no hesitation. Damn his immunity.

"Oh, that's well- you're very observant."

"So I was right then." His grin was awfully knowing.

"That is none of your business!" I gasped shoving him in the side.

"I was right." This time he ducked before I could hit him in the head. "I even know when you had your first one it was-" I cut him off.

"Shut up." Of course he was right and it was scary that he was. "I'm starting to think you're obsessed with me." His face went from cocky to confused.

"W-What?" he stuttered.

"You know a lot about me and you're always protecting me." He looked like he had seen a ghost. "Chill, I'm joking, stop looking too worried."

His sigh of relief was very satisfying.

It was last lesson and I was in desperate need of more painkillers; it felt like I was going to die of cramp. How could people possibly live with this for years? I had RE so I wasn't paying much attention; I wasn't a religious person. I didn't believe in God or Jesus; I believed in science. I only had five minutes left so I decided to sit and doodle on my book until I was out of this hell. I almost laughed at the fact I had just been thinking how RE was all rubbish then I was making references to hell. But I didn't laugh because I didn't think the teacher would find it all that funny when I had to explain to the class.

Our classroom was on the second floor near the back of the school; I was going to have to end up running to the gates before Rory left me. He did that on Tuesday because apparently I had taken too long to get there so he decided to go back to his dorm.

I looked at the clock again; two minutes. It was time to start subtly packing my bag so I could run. Everything was packed just in time because the bell had rung.

I made my way to the door then ran down the stairs into the main corridor. Everyone was shuffling around desperate to go back to their dorms to have some fun and relax. Most of the boys hated the act that their home was so close to school but my friends were so weird they liked it. I once asked why and go a simple answer 'we don't have to walk far'. They were too lazy or their own good.

When I reached the gate I noticed Rory was nowhere to be seen but Alfie was; Noah's little brother.

"Hey Maeve!" He shouted.

"Oh, hey Alfie; I didn't think you'd remember me." I honestly thought he would forget who I was straight away.

"You have to be kidding right? Everyone here knows you, you're the only girl. I couldn't forget you when every boy here talks about you a lot." This was news to me. I knew when I first came people talked and every year the youngest year would talk since they had never seen me. But Alfie wasn't in the youngest year.

"They talk about me?" I asked.

"Well you can't expect not to be talked about when you the only girl out of hundreds. The only reason people don't make a move on you is you're the Head's daughter, so it makes you off limits, because no one wants to get on the wrong side of him." I guess that made sense but I didn't believe it fully.

"Alfie!" Someone shouted. "Alfie we'll leave without you! Where are you?" Then I saw Nathan standing on his tiptoes looking everywhere for Alfie.

"I think he's looking for you." I said to Alfie before he nodded and walked off just as Rory came.

"What did he want?" He slung his arm over my shoulder.

"Oh, hey Maeve, how was your day? I hope it was really nice." I said in a sarcastic voice.

"Yeah, sorry. Hey, how was your day?" He smiled sweetly at me as we rounded the corner.

"Hi, it was good and to answer you first question he was just having a chat no need to go all FBI on me!" I laughed but he didn't. We walked in silence for a little while until I thought of something else I had to tell him. "Rory?"

"Yes?" He replied.

"How come you had the nerve yesterday to give me that whole speech on punctuality and how it was rude to be late; yet if I remember correctly you were late today." I smiled at his shocked expression.

"I'm sorry there was a little problem in the corridor." Then I saw his face.

"Oh my god Rory! What the hell happened to you?" I screamed, clutching his face in between my hands. How on earth had I not noticed his swelling eye and cut cheek.

"I got in a little fight."

"Who with?" I breathed.

He mumbled something I couldn't hear. "What?"

"Noah." He said a little louder.

"I should have known. What happened." I opened my front door not surprised no body was home. Dan had an away football match; Dad had a meeting out of town and Mum had gone to see a friend. Dan and I had the house to ourselves for the night but he wouldn't even be home until late.

"I bumped into him then said sorry before I seen who it was; when he seen me he started saying stuff. About you. Then I just lost it and hit him in the gut. But he was better than I thought he'd be and it ended when some older kids pulled us apart when they heard teachers." I couldn't believe his idiocy.

"For goodness sake, please you need to stop acting like this." Sighing I pressed ice onto his eye.

"Like what?" Boys can be so stupid.

"Like my father or older brother at least." He seemed to get it because a smile formed on his face.

"Well you act like my mother so that's good! We could get married and have kids then we'd be the best parents ever!" He often joked like this but there was no romantic feeling between Rory and me and there never would be.

"Yeah great idea!" I said sarcastically.

"I take it you're not being serious." He pouted.

After I fixed his eye and his cut then he left to go do his homework and get some rest. I decided I would text Dan to ask him how he was going so far. I went into my bag and dug around for ten minutes.

"Huh, it's not there." I mumbled to myself. Then I remembered that I'd left it on my desk when I was leaving the classroom in RE. "And I thought Rory was the idiot."

I decided not to leave a note since no one would be home for another four hours. I picked up my coat and headed to the school, it was a lot colder than it was before and I was freezing.

My school uniform wasn't very warm, only a simple shirt and trousers with a blazer and a tie. I picked up my pace so I would be able to go home and get food faster. It was five o'clock so it was nearly tea tie and no one was at school.

Luckily for me the doors didn't get locked since there wasn't anything for miles. Once I got there within five minutes and found my phone on the table.

"Oh it's you." I heard someone say behind me. I screamed turning around; Noah was in the doorway.

"What are you doing here." I said once he was standing in front of me.

"What are you doing here?" he asked. We were in the corner of the room and no longer aware of our surroundings.

"I asked first!" I backfired. We both snapped our heads to the door when we heard possibly the worst sound we had ever heard.

The turn of a key in a lock.

*****************************************************************************

Hey Guys,

I hope you like my surprise, it took a while to get there I know.

Comment, Vote, Private message and Fan; it means everything to me.

Thanks to everyone who is reading.

UPDATE; either Tuesday or Wednesday.

Also can you check out my story Parentless and I'm also considering starting a new story, which is unusual for me since I'll have 3 at once! So keep your eyes peeled for 'never thought I'd turn to you'.

Georgia x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59 3 16
Mackenzie got a job, as a babysitter for the Walkers, she has know clue that one the boys she goes to school with, is one of this kids she "has" to w...
771K 19.4K 69
You know the normal cliche of the nerd secretly being a street fighter and the bad boy just so happens to find out? Well this is like that.... But no...
9.4M 145K 107
(Teacher/Student relationship) Janice has a hard life with her father. Her dad and brother killed her mother and she is forced to stay with them...
5.7K 487 24
"Life is a fight from the minute you take your first breath to the moment you exhale your last." Ronda Rousey, My Fight / Your Fight ****************...