CONNERS TREASURE

By ericawoham

(Book #2 in Manhattan series ) (You don't have to read the first book to understand this one) ''A gent... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two.
Chapter Three
Chapter four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Not an update
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Contest
Chapter Twenty
Guidelines For The Contest
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Massive Opportunity For Budding Wattpad Users
Chapter Thirty Four
I am so sorry.
Chapter Thirty Five
I'm back!

Chapter Thirty Three

8.2K 332 55
By ericawoham

"Mommy! I want this!" Sophia looked up at her daughter jumping up and down on her seat and clapping her hands together with excitement, her pig tails just in sync.

"Bub you sure? It says corn and you hate it."

"No corn" she frowned adorably. Sophia laughed, "Okay I'll tell them no corn''

It was Sunday afternoon and Sophia wanted to spend all her time with her daughter. Thankfully, Conner had work and couldn't make it to their little lunch party. So it was just the two of them like she had wanted.

A young waiter walked over to the duo with a small smile on his face. "Ready to order?"

Sophia straightened up, looking over at Serenity.  "Go on bub, tell him what you want." Since the time Serenity has learned how to speak understandable sentences, Sophia had made sure she ordered her own food every time. Because she has seen grown people fumble with their own orders nervously. She was one of them.

"Italen pizza with coke?" Serenity answered, but looked doubtful.

The waiter chuckled, nodding towards the adorable girl. "You mean Italian pizza baby-girl?

Serenity nodded her head, her pigtails moving in sync. Sophia laughed, "Just make sure it has extra cheese and no corn. I'll have a diet coke and some chicken nuggets make that large, oh and a large pizza with extra extra extra cheese. Can I get medium fries too? Make that medium" 

The waiter nodded, noting down everything, simultaneously trying hard to suppress his smile. It wasn't every day that you come across such food lovers. "I'll be back with your order right away.."

Sophia sat there across the table from a very giddy Serenity, talking about everything she had missed out on due to everything going on in her life.

"So you mean this kid Jack gave you a rose?"

Serenity nodded, her big blue eyes staring at her mother's hazel ones. "Did you take it?"

Serenity shook her head, why would she take a rose from some random boy? "No mommy, I gave it to Mrs. Anderson.''

Sophia laughed, throwing her head back. 'Oh god' she muttered wiping away an imaginary tear. Poor kid got snitched on by her daughter.

"The next time a boy gives you a rose and you don't want it, tell him no politely. Don't go on telling the teacher about it and get him in trouble, okay?"

"Just what kind of knowledge are you passing down to your kid, Miss Dixon?''

Sophia groaned, not even bothering to turn around to see who the deep voice belonged to. "What are you doing here Conner?" She asked with annoyance laced in her voice. But loving the emotion he made Sophia gi through Conner walked towards them slowly, a smile plastered on his absolute gorgeous face. Bending down he swooped Serenity in his muscular arms, turning and going round and round and round, making her giggle.

A while later and after Sophia's continuous warning, he gently layed his daughter back in the chair and sat beside her, the small smile still plastered on his face.

"I just couldn't get her sad face out of my mind when I refused to accompany you both to lunch. So here I am. Also back to the topic, who was the kid who gave you this awful looking, cheap, dirty rose, bub?"

Sophia wanted to laugh at how possessive he was acting, all father like.

"His name's Jack!" Serenity clapped her hands together in excitement and her eyes lit up, which did not go unnoticed by Conner.

"Hm. Jack. What does his father do sweety?"

"Um-I don't know Con-Con.."

"Does he follow you around?"

"Um-No?"

"Is he sitting next to you in class? If yes I'll make sure that son of a-"

"Conner!" Sophia slammed her hand on the table lightly getting the attention she craved that very moment. "Enough. Stop acting like a  douc-bad man."

Conner looked at Sophia for a moment before leaning back in his, still not leaving her gaze. "Fine. Who ever that little prick is tell his fucking father to stay away from her or else, I will."

"Mind your language!" She hissed, her eyes raging with fury by now but her face was nuteral.

It was almost funny how the two effected each other in the most drastic ways.

"Well if you can't keep your-" Before Conner could continue with the fatherly rant, the waitress arrived with their orders.

Placing them on the table she offered the two ladies a soft smile, then turning towards Conner, that smile turn seductive. "Have fun." She whispered before walking away with her auburn hair and hips swaying seductively.

'Bitch' Sophia thought.

"Did you say something Miss Dixon?" Conner smirked, placing both his elbows on the table and moving his head to the side in a cocky manner.

"Nothing." She mumbled, pulling the tray towardsthe middle of the table a and picking up her diet coke.

"Were you informed about my arrival?" Conner asked, amused by the amount of food on the tray. Sophia gave him a look which clearly conveyed her hate for that man.

"This is all for me except that pizza. Its hers. Nothing here is for you so you better DON'T EAT MY FRIES THOSE ARE MINE HEY!"

Conner and Serenity chuckled as they witnessed their sophisticated accomplice turn into a raging with anger.

Even after Sophia nearly pounced on Conner after he dared to take a slice of her pizza, for Serenity it was a day she would remember for the rest of her life. If not, then for a few months at least.

____________________________________

"Is she asleep?" Sophia inquired as the duo walked inside the mansion with Serenity fast asleep against Conner's broad shoulder.

"For the third time Miss Dixon, she's sleeping." He whispered, rolling his beautiful eyes.

"I know I know it's just she has a habit of waking up a lot. And if she gets wakes up anytime between 11 to 4 it's impossible to put her back to sleep again."

"Well I assure you Miss Dixon, she won't be waking up anytime soon."

"You sound like you drugged my daughter"

"Please. Don't ridicule me to a mere kidnapper. I have other ways.  Also, visiting an amusement park after having lunch was your idea"

"Oh boo hoo Mr. Porcelain doll. Too bad you're not that tough."

"I would love to stand and argue with you on who is tougher than the tough but I have to put her to bed."

Sophia nodded in agreement and  walked inside Serenity's room followed by Conner.

Turning on the dim light above the bed she pulled away the cover and stepped aside waiting for Conner to put her down.

Without much words being exchanged he put her down on the bed and took off her shoes. In the meanwhile Sophia gently took away the rubber band from her pigtails letting her silky hair loose and ruffling them gently so they didn't fall on her face, before pulling the covers over her body.

Both of them walked away out of the room and switched off the light before leaving.

Once outside, Sophia turned towards Conner folding her arms and standing in a attacking stance. "The next time you swear in front of her, I'll push your throat down your neck and tie it to your intestine."

"That'll be entertaining to watch" He chuckled, amused by her empty threats yet too fond of her cute little face faking anger.

"I'm serious."

"Sure you are."

"Fuck off you jerk. I'm too tired to argue with you anymore so let's just head towards our rooms and sleep."

"I can carry you if you want"Conner suggested with a sly smirk, his eyes raking up and down her body. He had restrained himself all day, to not nust push her against the wall and take her. He could hardly tolerate the way the men in the park stared at her.

"In your dreams." She scoffed, but took a step back cautiously. He wasn't someone to be messed with.

"I am Conner Manhattan. My dreams become reality faster than the Kardashians get their surgeries done."

"Not gonna fight you on that even though I like the show."

The two then headed towards their own room, and bid their goodnight.
But for some reason, Sophia felt as if something was missing. She blamed it on the fact that she hadn't had sex in a long time, but she knew it wasn't that.  Did she miss Richard? Hopefully not. But what she couldn't ignore was the feelings that had taken their toll on her mind. She wanted to spend time with him, to have him around her daughter as she grew older. No matter how much she pretended to  hate his presence, she always found her way back to him. Even after everything he put her through.

Sighing softly she tossed and turned in her bed, not being able to sleep even though she had office the next day.

The sudden vibration of her phone caught her attention. Stretching her arm out she grabbed her phone, there was a text from Conner.

For some unknown reason, her heartbeat picked up and a smile formed on her face.

'Miss Dixon, stop smiling."

Her eyes widened as she sat up on her bed, her eyes scanning the screen again and again. As if on reflex she looked around her room, was there a camera installed?

'You sick man where is the hidden camera.' She typed back in a haste.

Not even a few seconds had passed, his reply came and as expected, it was nothing normal. 'Your intellect amuses me. It's called 'hidden' for a reason'

'Keep that attitude up and you'll end up alone' she typed back, a small smile on her lips.

'I'll never be alone. I have my daughter, my life.'

Reading his reply, something tugged on her heart. She was having all these mixed feelings-yet she knew the only arrangement they have is because of their daughter. No matter what-he'll only accept Serenity and that's all he was there for.

Biting her lips she leaned back against her bed ans closed her eyes momentarily before replying 'Yeah well that's true. So now let me sleep Mr. Manhattan. Good night." 

'Of course. Good night Miss Dixon.'

Sophia sighed, she was having all these stupid thoughts when in reality she was nothing but a liability to him because of the arrangement.

As soon as she was about to keep the phone aside, it beeped again.

Frowning, she noticed a new message from Conner.

'My apologies, punctuation error.
I'll never be alone because now I have my daughter, and my life... <3"

Wait- Did he just send a heart emoticon? Conner Manhattan was human enough to do that?

Before she could even type her reply, another message came through. It was a MMS this time, he had sent her a photo with a weird caption-

Hopefully the next thing my finger goes inside is you. Goodnight.
Love, Conner.

___________________________________

Sorry if you found grammatical errors. Writing almost 2000 words isn't easy. I love you guys
Until next time
XOXO
Gossip girl (jk Erica)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

162K 3.7K 60
"Are you wet enough?" He questions with hooded eyes. I nod curtly. "Only the sound of your voice and my pussy jumps in excitement." "Good. Turn aroun...
113K 2.9K 51
A simple mute girl who lives in a world of silence and serenity with her grandmother. A ruthless cruel mafia who lives in the world of women,drugs an...
1M 21.3K 31
BOOK I of the "Kings and Queens" series Suited for an audience 18 and older. Read at your own discretion. *** "Don't think for a second I don't hate...
2.3M 82.7K 52
(BOOK 3 OF MAFIA LOVE SERIES) COMPLETED READ MIA REGINA AND ESCORT ME BABY BEFORE YOU READ THIS. This book CANNOT be read as a standalone. * The rea...