Warm Hands [Hiroomi x Akihito...

By weebakon

[#1 IN #KYOUKAINOKANATA 8/30/21] [#17 IN #ANIMEFANFIC 5/19/19 :))] [#1 IN #BEYONDTHEBOUNDARY 8/21/21] [#436 I... More

Chapter one: Warm Encounter
Chapter two: Daydreaming
Chapter three: The Walk Home
Chapter four: Get to Know, Then Judge
Chapter five: The Nase House
Chapter six: Soft Cheek
Chapter seven: Troubles and Ice Cream
Chapter eight: Indirect Confession
Chapter nine: A Date and Doubt
Chapter ten: "Glasses Make It Better"
Chapter eleven: Nightmares
Chapter twelve: Titled Words
Chapter twelve.2 [Bonus!]: Halloween
Chapter thirteen: Chilled Hands
Chapter fourteen: Help from a Little Sister
Chapter fifthteen: In Between
Chapter sixteen: A Special Place
Chapter seventeen: Patching Things Up
Chapter eighteen: Love Under the Lights [Christmas Special!]
Chapter eighteen.2: Extended
Chapter nineteen: Reserved Kiss
Chapter twenty: Defend
Chapter twenty-one: Akkey to Akkun
Chapter twenty-two: Half-Knowing
Chapter twenty-three: Uncertain
Chapter twenty-four: Learning and Growing [V-day special!]
Chapter twenty-five: What the Future Holds
Chapter twenty-six: Not Feeling Well
Chapter twenty-seven: Half-Yumo and Spirit World Warriors
Chapter twenty-eight: School Without Akihito
Chapter twenty-nine: Awake
Chapter thirty: Fear of Being Alone
Chapter thirty-one: Power
Chapter thirty-two: Spiritual Presence
Chapter thirty-three: Cold Appearance
Chapter thirty-four: Unnoticeable Things
Chapter thirty-five: Swimming in Love
Chapter thirty-six: Calm Before the Storm
Chapter thirty-seven: Losing
Chapter thirty-eight: Expanding
Chapter thirty-nine: Rice Omelet
Chapter forty: No Joke
Chapter forty-one: Thoughts
Chapter forty-two: Warm Satisfaction
Chapter forty-three: Accepted
Chapter forty-four: Yumo
Chapter forty-five: Containment
Chapter forty-six: Running Rage
Chapter forty-eight: Risks for the One
(Not a Chapter)
Chapter forty-nine: Time To Finish What Was Started
Chapter fifty: Smiliar Demons
Chapter fifty-one; final: Warm Hands

Chapter forty-seven: Safe Haven

263 7 1
By weebakon

Akihito Kanbara

My eyes fluttered open to reveal a wooden ceiling with visible dust particles floating across the room swiftly. I paused, then squinted, where am I? What happened?? I pushed myself up with my arms and slowly turned my head to examine my new surroundings. The house was very open; Two walls had large sliding, glass doors and windows that covered the walls from floor to ceiling. Bookshelves stood tall all around the room. The floor only had one futon which was where I laid. It was sunny outside and I could see mostly just trees, a forest, perhaps. That was when I noticed the pain in my head. I grasped my forehead and steadily stood up. I stumbled toward the archway into the kitchen and reached into a cabinet containing the glassware. I grabbed a small cup and filled it with water. After taking a large sip, I sighed. I stared at the cup while furrowing my eyebrows. How did I know where the cups were? I glanced at the cabinet again and then back at the cup. I released my grasp on the cup and its contents splattered the floor. I backed up against the counter and looked around. I know this place. I rushed out of the kitchen and marched over to the sliding doors. I forced them open and felt the heat of the morning sun blind me. My eyes flutter to focus with the intensity of the sun's rays as I tried to remember the other night.

All I could remember were Hiroomi's words toward me after his hand struck my face, "Can't you see I don't care what you do, I'll still love you as much as I did the day I met you!! Help me fight for us! Help me fight...for you!" I swayed at his words and felt my body crumble to the floor. A tear threatened to fall from my eye, but I bit my lip and tried to remember the rest. What happened after he left? I press my wrists into my temples and groan. Why can't I remember anything??

That was when I heard a loud chopping noise coming from outside the house. I jolted up quickly, hoping it wasn't anyone with ill intentions.  I crawled pass the sliding door and peeked over to where the noise continued to echo off the woods. I recognized an axe being lifted and then brought down with force onto a piece of wood. The sound coming from the person holding the axe sounded familiar. Then I realized it could only be Hiroomi. I watched him for a minute, realizing his scarf was on the porch along with his jacket. I moved towards the items and lifted the scarf to my cheek. I lay my head there for a moment and closed my eyes. The sound of the chopping soothed me in a way.

After a few moments of listening, the noise stopped and I could hear Hiroomi's tired voice come closer. I opened my eyes to see a sweaty Hiroomi with a smile plastered on his face.

      "Good morning, sleeping beauty." He said between quick breaths. I stared up at him, unable to speak. What was I to say? Where do I begin? Is this a dream? I mysteriously wake up in a house where my lover and I are stationed watching him work hard to keep the house warm for when temperatures drop... This must be a dream. He swipes a towel and dries his face with it while waiting for my fogged brain to answer. He stopped and frowned, mid-swipe.

       "Do you...remember the other day?" His knees bent so he could be facing me equally. I blink at him and turn toward the woods.

       "Not a thing." I lied. I mean, I didn't know everything, but I do remember his words, along with the slap. Frankly, I'm not too pleased that I remembered only that part of the day. Handing over the scarf, I realized the pain shooting from my wrist. I wince from the sore area. Hiroomi dropped everything and sat next to me.

"Is it your wrists?" He gently grabs my hands and examines them. I stare at his face in displeasure. He catches me staring and his eyebrows furrow.

"What did I do last night?" I asked with my lip quivering uncontrollably. Hiroomi bit his lower lip and tried to keep eye contact with me.

"You...escaped," his voice attempted to sound content, but it was obviously a struggle. I touched his shoulder and faced him completely.

"Hiroomi, tell me everything." He stood abruptly in front of me.

"Akihito, you escaped from the authorities. That's all. Nothing else happened. You were tired and passed out, so I grabbed you and ran." This time I stood up and frowned.

"Then why does every bone in my body ache? Why are my knuckles stained? Why do my wrist and head hurt so badly? Why can't I remember anything? Hiroomi, what really happened yesterday??" He appeared disconcerted by my questions. I could see his fingers digging into his palm. Finally, he threw his hands up in defeat and settled them against his hips.

"You went insane, Akihito." His words were attempting to be soft, but instead they ruffled at the end. I stood up straight in shock. I went yumo again? My arms became limp as I tried to recall the other night. I stared at the ground.

"Did I...injury anyone?" I tried to keep my questions subtle. He just rubbed his face roughly and sighed.

"I don't know—,"
"Tell the truth, Hiroomi. I can take it." He paused, thought for a moment, then stared back at me with worried eyes. I lowered my head and ruffled my hair.

"I did, didn't I?" Hiroomi covered his mouth and lowered his head, too. He nodded slowly and chewed on his bottom lip. We stood in silence for awhile, thinking of things to say to lift the mood, but nothing could; I caused too much trouble for him and now we're hiding from the authorities. I don't deserve his assistance, it will only ruin his reputation more. I sat down and couldn't help, but sob a little. Hiroomi sat next to me again and patted my back lightly. He didn't have to say anything to me; I already knew what he was trying to say. The reason he couldn't say it out loud was because it wouldn't be entirely heartfelt. "It's not your fault many people are hurt." "You can't choose who you want to be." "You didn't ask for this." "I'm here for you even though you caused my family name to be stained." "I still love you even though you hurt people without knowing." "I—,"

Hiroomi tapped my face with his forefinger and moved it toward his. His lips crashed onto mine quietly, causing my thoughts to disperse into oblivion. His kiss was slow and motionless. He never kissed me like this before; was this a pity kiss? I closed my eyes and tried to allow his lips to do the talking. The kiss was long lasting, but very gentle; he didn't try anything too rash or vibrant. When he released me from his kiss, I could hardly breathe. The kiss had lasted longer than normal and we were both out of breath. He smiled at me and massaged my cheek with his thumb.

"All I care about right now, is your health, Akkey, nothing else. You are safe here; I will keep you safe." His words flowed from his glossy lips into my ear with purpose. Every word he spoke gave me a vivid feeling all over my body. His touch calmed my nerves and made me feel like I could fly this very moment. It was when I noticed a tear escaping his eye that I realized I meant more than the world to him. I could have killed so many people the other night without even acknowledging it and he still would only care for my safety. I didn't get it. But I guess I didn't have to because I felt the same way. Without my brain processing it, I swiped his tear away and kissed him back. We entered into a passionate kiss and I could feel the sun add more heat to our contact. His hands squeezed my thighs as mine held his face. His fingers lingered on my belt loop, but I quickly grabbed his hand before he could try anything.

"Hiroomi?" I said through breaths. He huffed with his eyes staring up at me.

"Hm?" I glanced down at my area that started to feel tight. I felt my face burning from either the sun or his touch.

"Why do you love me so much?" He paused, then smirked at me. I peered up at him, my eyes watering and my face probably looking like a mess. His smirk faltered and he moved closer to my face.

"Because you're so different." And with that, he passionately kisses me again, but this time his body pushes me over. He holds himself above me as we continue to kiss. I clench his biceps and release a tiny laugh. He perks up and smiles.

"What's so funny?" He asked while examining my expression.

"Nothing, just, I thought you only loved me for my warmth." I laugh a little louder and he chuckles.

Shrugging, he says, "Well, that, too." He kissed me some more until I stop him again.

"You know why I love you so much?" I ask as he tries to cut me off with rough kisses on my neck.

"Because I'm so good at seducing you?" He whispers into my ear. A jolt runs up my back and I feel myself getting flustered.

"T-t-that's not it!" I start to blush as he laughs against my neck.

"Then why?" I look away from his gaze and feel the embarrassment coming.

"Because...you're my safe haven." He stares with no reaction, but then bursts into laughter. I sit up on my elbows to protest, but his short kiss interrupts me.

"I'm honored." He smiles.

A/n: yikes I've been gone for quite awhile, but a bunch has happened that's been distracting me, but I do apologize for the wait.
I'll try to update this as often as I can!!

Next Update: March

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.3K 137 5
"Congratulations on your wedding my lord!" Thoma congratulated them trying his best to smile. Ayato and his bride smiled and thank him when he gave t...
686K 33.9K 24
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, a powerful d...
318K 7K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
698K 42.8K 106
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...