Backfire (Niall Horan)

By BelWatson

{book 1} ✓ - ❝ Once upon a time… Wait, are you shitting me? This story doesn’t start like this. On the contra... More

Before reading...
Chapter 1 ~ Eating contest
Chapter 2 ~ Truth or dare
Chapter 3 ~ Not a fan
Chapter 4 ~ A concert
Chapter 5 ~ Guitar Hero
Chapter 6 ~ Movie time
Chapter 7 ~ Turn him down
Chapter 8 ~ Break down the walls
Chapter 9 ~ So... Shopping
Chapter 10 ~ Niall's day
Chapter 11 ~ Zayn's day
Chapter 12 ~ Stop avoiding!
Chapter 13 ~ Harry's day
Chapter 14 ~ Helping Phoebe
Chapter 15 ~ Strategies
Chapter 16 ~ Awkward
Chapter 17 ~ Zayn's confession
Chapter 18 ~ Ballet
Chapter 19 ~ Our first date
Chapter 20 ~ Time to worry
Chapter 21 ~ Technical Problems
Chapter 22 ~ Just friends
Chapter 23 ~ Ethan Porter
Chapter 24 ~ Meeting the lads
Chapter 25 ~ Gloomy
Chapter 26 ~ Goodbye, Belle
Chapter 27 ~ Public
Chapter 28 ~ Danielle's effect
Chapter 30 ~ Back home
Chapter 31 ~ Goodbye
Chapter 32 ~ Hollow
Chapter 33 ~ Together
Epilogue ~ All I need
Author's note

Chapter 29 ~ Broken heart

530K 6.8K 1.3K
By BelWatson

Remember to read my new one shot, "I Wish (Backfire - Zayn)". It will give you a kind of introduction for Misconceptions and you find it on the One Direction Series (extra material) book.

-:-:-:-

Chapter 29 ― Broken heart

Kiss the stars, you and me oh we will write our names in lights. They will see we’re in love tonight, love tonight, we’re in love tonight!” I sang as I jumped on Phebs bed.

I was just singing a pop song that I didn’t know where I had heard, but I just wanted to make her laugh and nothing did that better than me singing out of pitch whilst dancing around.

The blonde opened her eyes and groaned but I didn’t let her go back to sleep, I kept singing and jumping on her bed, making up new great moves. “C’mon! Wake up!” I sang for my friend and I heard her still moaning. Why wouldn’t she? It was five in the morning and we got back from the party at two, but we had to keep moving. “I just bought you a bunch of eBooks on Amazon!” I tempted her and she sat up immediately.

“Really?” she asked with big eyes and I nodded falling into in a sitting position. We were going to be in the same tour bus with Danielle and Eleanor –I still didn’t know how we were going to do that– and I needed to find a way to keep her busy and buying new books, even if they were eBooks, was the best I could think of.

“You have them on my iPad,” I added and she hugged me tightly. I buy the ten first books in her wish-list. Those should last a couple of days till we could go to a bookstore and buy actual books. “Now get up ‘cause we have to meet with the boys in like twenty minutes.”

Phebs ran to the bathroom and I stayed there in her bed until my phone buzzed and I went to pick it up. I got a text from Niall.

From Nialler <3 – Morning, love. How’s Phebs feeling?

I smiled as I typed back an answer. I told him briefly the night before what was the problem with Phebs and why she seemed so down. She allowed me to inform Niall about that, and she talked about it to Harry and Zayn when they asked her as well. She just told them that she had feelings for Liam and that it hurt her to see him with Danielle, but that she didn’t wish them any bad. She just wished to be the brunette. The boys felt terrible for her and I reprimanded them because Phebs didn’t need any pity from them. They promised that they were going to help me distract her so it wouldn’t be that hard.

I was still surprised that none of them noticed it before. For Belle and I it had been obvious since the very beginning, but that was probably because we knew her better and maybe they were used to girls looking at them like Phebs did with Liam.

To Nialler <3 – Morning (: she seems OK. I told her I bought her books and she’s fucking happy now.

I dropped my phone on the nightstand and stayed there in the bed waiting for Phebs to get out the bathroom when I heard a knock on the door. I walked towards it slowly and rubbing my eyes. At the other side it was Niall with his oh-so-cute smile and his eyes shining happily.

“Morning,” he said and I was impressed that he was dressed and ready to go whilst I was still on my PJ. “You look lovely,” he added and I rolled my eyes as I got closer and pecked his lips.

“Liar, but I appreciate the gesture.” I didn’t want to know how my hair looked at that time of the day. “Come in,” I invited him. “Phebs is in the shower and I’m waiting. How long have you been up?”

“A bit more than half an hour,” he replied walking behind me. I felt his arms wrapping around my waist and pulling me against his chest. “Why didn’t you tell us before about Phebs? We could’ve done something,” he told me as we walked together in sync.

“Like what? You can’t tell Liam about this and the only solution we could think of was not coming with you on tour,” I told him as we both sat on my bed. “Phebs decided she could handle all this awkwardness for us. I guess you should thank her that we are here with you. She’s stronger than she seems.”

I felt Niall nodding, he was still hugging me from behind, his chin on my shoulder, our cheeks pressed together. “Then I guess I owe her that we’re together now,” he commented and I smiled. In part, it was thanks to Phebs because if she had said no, we wouldn’t have come with the boys and definitely I wouldn’t have ended up with Niall. My friend’s strength helped us.

A few minutes later Phebs came out the bathroom with a beautiful dress that made her look so delicate and cute. She smiled at Niall when she saw him with me. “Hi there,” she greeted him and Niall responded with a smile and a nod. “Are all the others ready?” she asked and the blond shrugged.

“I dunno. I’m sure Zayn isn’t ready, he takes forever and nothing can wake him up.”

“You’re right,” she agreed. “Okay, Alex. You can use the bathroom now,” my friend let me know and I stood up pecking Niall’s lips as a goodbye. I took my clothes with me and left Niall and Phebs alone. Probably he was going to leave her and go see the lads.

* * *

Phebs was in her bed with my iPad and the headphones listenin to music whilst she was reading. The reason? She needed to avoid the PDA. Liam and Danielle’s courtesy. They didn’t know that what they were doing hurt my friend and no one could tell them, so we did our best to keep the blonde as oblivious to the situation as possible, but I didn’t think it was working. Yes, she was immersed in her new world –she was actually reading The Immortal Rules, by Julie Kagawa, an eBook I bought for her because I truly loved the cover and the plot seemed so damn good–, but sometimes I caught her looking at the lovely couple in their bed watching a movie in Liam’s laptop. I hated that we were trapped in the tour bus because Phebs didn’t have a place to hide. Being there only broke her heart a tad bit more every second.

Niall, Zayn, Louis, Eleanor and I were in the booth in the kitchen and I had them watching Saint Seiya with me. The most interested, of course, was Zayn who actually asked me to finish watching the anime and, as the others didn’t have anything better to do during the ride, they joined in. Well, Niall only wanted to be there with me but he wasn’t really focused on the animation, he was more entertained nudging his nose in my neck tickling me. He had his arms around my waist and I was almost sat on his lap, but weirdly as it might sound, it was quite comfortable.

“Ugh, stop with the PDA!” Louis protested when he saw Niall stealing a kiss from me. I glanced at him reproachfully.

“You were doing the same five minutes ago!” I snapped folding my arms.

“Shh!” Zayn complained looking at us murderously. “You better be glad I’m so into this or I’d be shoving you all off for making this whole situation uncomfortable for me. And seriously, stop with the giggling and shit. I’m trying to watch this!” My jaw dropped at his serious and so determined expression. I heard Niall trying to hold his laughter so I elbowed him. We didn’t want to make Zayn angrier.

“Sorry,” Louis and I muttered and the black-haired boy nodded satisfied with our response. “Let’s go bother Harry. If I’m not sleeping, neither is he!” Louis whispered and stood up taking a giggly Eleanor with him. I liked her, she was nice and sweet and it was obvious Louis was crazy about her.

Zayn barely noticed Louis and Eleanor leaving and I tried to focus again on the show, but Niall started to make question after question.

“Is he really that gay?” was one of his questions. “Why does he attack with a rose? Why doesn’t he use something better like knives? What is his problem?” At the end I rolled my eyes. It was sad that we couldn’t share Saint Seiya, one of my favourite animes, one that marked my childhood.

“Niall, it’s Japanese animation. If they seem gay, that shouldn’t surprise you. For some reason, they seem quite fond of these girly men. I don’t understand it either,” I responded, but he was still frowning, looking so cute. I cupped his cheeks with my hands and kissed the tip of his nose. “Want me to cook something for you?”

And I could swear his eyes sparkled at that sentence. He hugged me tighter and kissed my lips. “Nothing would make me happier right now!” Oh that boy, always crazy about food.

“Sometimes I wonder if you like food better than me,” I mused standing up and walking to the kitchen. Niall followed me and once I stopped I felt his arms wrapping around my waist.

“That’s easy! Of course I like food better!” He replied quickly and I tensed, until I felt him laughing at me. “Kidding! I like you both equally,” he stated solemnly and I just gasped.

“That doesn’t make me feel better, you dumbass!” I elbowed him using more force than I should’ve used, but I felt truly offended, even more when he started laughing again and hugged me tighter.

“Are you seriously asking me that?” He whispered into my ear. I was trying to wiggle from his grab, but he didn’t allow me to. “I’m offended, Alex. You know I love food but that doesn’t compare to you. If I have to chose between you and food, I rather starve.”

I stopped breathing. Literally. I was so shocked by his statement that making air come into my lungs was pretty impossible in that moment. My heart started beating like crazy and I felt like melting from the inside. For me that sentence was the more romantic thing a boy had told me. Ever. It was so special coming from Niall that I was utterly speechless.

I looked at him over my shoulder, I still couldn’t make the words come out of my mouth and I felt so stupid for not being able to give him a proper response. He smiled and kissed me softly. As I couldn’t give him a verbal response, I turned around in his arms and held to him tightly, wrapping my arms around his neck and standing on my tiptoes to kiss him properly. I tried to put all my feelings in that kiss, I tried to make him see what I really felt for him. He held me tighter pulling me up a bit more as I ruffled my fingers through his already messy blond hair.

“GET A ROOM!” I heard Louis screaming from afar but I couldn’t care if he was disgusted by our public display of affection, I just wanted Niall to know how I felt about him because I couldn’t utter a single word. “I’M TALKING TO YOU!! LISTEN TO ME!! I’M DEMANDING YOUR ATTENTION YOU DEAF! STOP MAKING BABIES!!” He continued and Niall laughed and so did I. It was inevitable when the older boy came to us and started shoving us. Even though we broke the kiss, Niall was still holding me and I rested my head in his chest, hearing the fast beats of his heart. “You two are a couple of exhibitionists!” Louis protested pouting and frowning.

“You don’t like it, don’t look at it then,” I refuted looking at him with my best ‘bitch, please’ face. Niall chuckled and kissed my forehead.

“I don’t want to see but you’re snogging in my face! I can’t ignore that!” I joined Niall at laughing at Louis who just pouted. “El! Niall and Alex are bullying me! Make them stop!” He whined as the brunette came to save him.

“Don’t make my baby cry,” she asked us nicely and I just giggled. She put her arm around Louis’ shoulder and he hid his face in her shoulder as she patted him softly.

“It’s his fault. He should look in another direction if he doesn’t want to see us,” I stated still comfortably resting on Niall’s chest. Eleanor was giggling as well and I noticed all the others were staring at us with amused expressions, even Zayn was smiling. I took that as a good sing, like he was finally moving on leaving all what he felt for me once behind.

“Plus, I have the right to let my girlfriend know how much she means to me,” Niall intervened looking into my eyes. I smiled feeling all the butterflies in my stomach flutter like maniacs.

“Can’t you do it when we get to the hotel? You can have a room for you two if you want, just promise to be safe,” the boy asked in a low voice with his face still hidden.

“Louis William Tomlinson! Don’t say those things!” I reprimanded him but we all laughed, even though I felt my cheeks burning due to the embarrassment. He whined again and I just rolled my eyes. Definitely the tour bus wasn’t the place for kissing and talking about feelings, but sometimes you couldn’t control yourself. That moment with Niall was one of those.

I turned around and focused on picking all the ingredients to make something for Niall knowing that we were going to talk about what he told me later.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39K 2.4K 48
-| Oh is love really real and can any of us hope for redemption? |- "What are you looking for Liam? What could you possibly want so much that you can...
90.1K 4.8K 47
*Not Edited* Niall is overweight, and is madly in love with Harry, Captain of the soccer team, and has been in love with him since 6th grade and he...
206K 6.2K 77
You know all the fanfics where Niall is a punk bad boy with a troubled past? He meets a sweet innocent girl who is new to town and falls in love. Aft...
148K 2.1K 68
Just some oneshots written by me. This is my First book so I hope you like it 😊 Requests are always open.