Clarity || John Murphy

By Breathe_Me

***I WROTE THIS WHEN I WAS 13 PEOPLE, IT IS COMPLETELY UNEDITED AND SUCKS. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED*** After Jo... More

Preview/Copyright Statement
OTHER INFO - You will understand the story better if you read this!
Chapter One - The Lake, The Mist, and The Girl
Chapter Two - You Found Me
Chapter Three - The Colonies
Chapter Four - Training
Chapter Five - Prevention
Chapter Six - Let It Burn
Chapter Seven - 'Stupidity'
Chapter Eight - What did he do?
Chapter Nine - 'Leader' Jackson
Chapter Ten - The Bet
Chapter Eleven - Chills
Chapter Twelve - Bloody Axe
Chapter Fourteen - Bullet Holes
Chapter Fifteen - New Beginnings
Chapter Sixteen - Hostage
Chapter Seventeen - Confliction
Chapter Eighteen - Dreamers
Chapter Nineteen - Liar Liar
Chapter Twenty - Wrecking Ball
Chapter Twenty-One - "What do you want from me?"
Chapter Twenty-Two - Confrontations
Chapter Twenty-Three - Decisions
Chapter Twenty-Four - Perfection
Chapter Twenty-Five - Finding & Reflecting
Chapter Twenty-Six - Cold Welcoming
Chapter Twenty-Seven - Taking The Risk
Chapter Twenty-Eight - Promise Me
Chapter Twenty-Nine - Breakdown
Chapter Thirty - Maps
Chapter Thirty-One - MECCA
Chapter Thirty-Two - Dear Mr. President
Chapter Thirty-Three - Back To Earth
Author's Note
THANK YOOOOOOOU!
Chapter Thirty-Four - Count Your Blessings
Chapter Thirty-Five - The Peacemaker
Chapter Thirty-Six - Confessions Of An Astro
Chapter Thirty-Seven - Desperate Measures
Chapter Thirty-Eight - Epilogue
Author's Note: Everything Else
10,000
Anyone like The Originals?
Skyfall (LAST UPDATE I PROMISE)

Chapter Thirteen - Missing

2.5K 92 36
By Breathe_Me

Okay so it took you guys a long time to reach the goal of 20 reads, so I guess I'll knock it down again to just 15 reads and 1 vote.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Thirteen

Hannah handed Eve the small mug, sitting down on the couch beside her. “Okay, that's it.”

“What?” Eve said, her eyebrows furrowing in confusion.

“You know what I mean.”

She shook her head, feigning innocence. “I have no idea what you're talking about.”

“Something happened last night and today. You're nervous, you're jumpy, but you also can't stop grinning.”

“Geez, what are you, a profiler?”

“Yes.” Hannah smirked. “Now tell me!”

Eve sighed, rolling her eyes and setting her mug on the coffee table. “Fine.”

Hannah stared at her expectantly.

“Remember when Murphy and I were at the targets?” She nodded. “He made a bet with me that if I didn't hit the middle of the target with a blindfold on, I had to go on a date with him that night.” It was kind of surprising how much her face lit up. She looked like she was about to have a freak attack.

“Oh my god, really?!”

“Hush, or I'm not telling you the rest.” Her eyes widened, and she nodded.

“Well, it was pretty fun. I liked it.”

“And?”

“Later that night, when he dropped me off, I was drying my hair and he came back. He just stared at me for a while, then he...” Hannah was now literally on the edge of her seat. “Kissed me.” Hannah squealed, jumping up in the air and hopping around like a hyper rabbit.

“This is awesome!” She screamed, giggling.

“I thought you didn't like him!” She laughed.

Hannah froze. “Oh yeah.” She shrugged her shoulders. “Huh. Guess I changed my mind.”

Eve rolled her eyes again. “And then-”

“There's more!?”

“Yes, now sit down and be quiet!” She laughed.

“Today, when the grounders... Attacked... I was out of the shower and getting dressed, when Murphy and Jack came in.” Hannah now looked even more surprised and astonished. “Murphy ran over to me, and pushed me against the wall.” Hannah, being the dirty minded person she was, wiggled her eyebrows and smirked. “Not like that. Anyway, a second later, I heard the window get smashed... It was an axe, and Murphy had seen it coming. If he hadn't moved me, I would probably be lying in a coffin right now with my head split open.” Hannah's eyes widened again.

“Jesus christ you two are accident prone!” She yelled, shaking her head at her. “But, I'll admit, I've gained some more respect for Murphy.” She smiled softly, then ended up grinning instead. “Soooooo... Do you like him?”

Eve thought for a few moments. “No.” Hannah's eyes widened. “I love him.”

*

As Murphy left the room, he walked down the hallway, ready to go directly out of the town hall. But, he heard footsteps running up behind him.

“Murphy! Wait,” Jack said, the grin still not being able to make it's way off his face.

“What is it?” Murphy asked him, eager to leave and go to Hannah's apartment. It had turned out that she hadn't moved in with Jay, they had to delay it because neither of them had time since they both had to deal with the complications because of the tech hall.

“Thanks for that. The old man really needed to be taught a lesson.” He smirked, and Murphy laughed.

“Yeah, he's a jerk alright.”

“I also think he's scarred for life.” Jack smirked. “Nice one.”

Murphy nodded. “Hey, is there any more news on the tech hall?”

“We'll probably be going to the Draka colony soon for pick-up. We need to get a whole lot of tech stuff that to be honest I have no idea what it is.” Jack chuckled. “That, and we also have to get a few more people to help set it up.”

Murphy nodded. He was nervous in a way, he didn't want the little tech wizards to find out what he had done... But, it was going to happen eventually.

Murphy made a decision at that moment: He was going to tell Eve everything. He just had to find the right time to do so.

*

Eve shoved her hands in her pockets, almost being able to see her own breath in the air. It was getting colder by the night, but this was the coldest yet. She walked down the street, which was now quite empty.

At this point, she was only around two hundred feet away from Murphy's street. She decided not to bother him at the town hall, she would just walk there on her own and meet him there.

Eve felt a slight wind of air come from behind her, and the hairs on the back of her neck stood up. She froze in her steps, biting her lip. Unfortunately, she was suddenly sure that the wind wasn't the only thing causing her body to go on defense mode. She felt someone, she knew they were here. It was strange, she knew she was being watched. Maybe even followed.

She continued walking very slowly, looking behind her every few seconds.

The third time that she did so, she felt a hand on her right upper-arm, and she screamed out, only for a leather-gloved hand to go over her open mouth. The hands yanked her into the nearest alley, and at that moment, she realized that she had made a mistake in not waiting for Murphy. A huge, huge mistake.

*

Murphy knocked on the door by his knuckles, leaning on the door frame as he heard footsteps walking down the hallway towards it. Hannah opened the door, looking slightly surprised to see Murphy there.

“Hi.” She said, frowning slightly.

“Hey.” He replied.

“Before you say anything else, I just kind of want to say that I wasn't thinking straight when I blamed you for the tech hall getting trashed... I was just judging you because I didn't trust you. I'm sorry for that.” She frowned.

He shrugged his shoulders. “It's fine. I get blamed for a lot of stuff.” He mumbled the last sentence.

She sighed. “So where's Eve?”

Murphy furrowed his eyebrows. “What? Isn't she with you?”

She frowned. “No... She said she was going to meet you with Jack.”

Murphy's eyes widened. “Wait, she's alone?!”

“Yes, why is that a problem?”

Murphy visibly paled. He felt sick to his stomach at that point.

“Murphy?”

He didn't reply.

“Murphy, what's wrong?”

His lips parted, but he closed them and swallowed harshly. “I've got a bad feeling about this.”

He had definitely caught her attention. “What do you mean?”

“I met him today... He seemed so mad at me... I think he's going to do something.”

Hannah paled as well, shaking her head. “Please don't say it.”

He swallowed again, exhaling. “Jackson. He's after her.”

________________________________________________________________________________

OOOOOOOH. Suspenseful. >D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44 0 7
In the not-so-distant future, humanity's hubris led to its downfall. A cataclysmic event, born of arrogance and fueled by conflict, ravaged the Earth...
40.3K 756 37
~~~~~ There were more things on the earth than what the 100 originally expected. That is true. But they haven't met the desert wolf yet. The grounder...
131K 3.6K 43
"She is unstoppable. Not because she did not have failures or doubts, But because she continued on despite them." -Anonymous Amara Sharp. After...
5.8K 230 51
After Murphy is banished he never comes back and they all assume he's dead. A year passes and the Grounders and Sky people are no longer at war, but...